6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 16:45:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle enters stormy's kitchen with a bag of ingredients on his arms since he was passing by a store on his way to her house anyways.

he takes an inventory of the things he bought, making sure he didn't miss anything from stormy's checklist, before speaking up. thankfully, there was none, and for once, kyle thinks of himself as responsible and dependable.

"what is this all for anyways?"

judging by the ingredients, it was for baking, obviously. kyle can help, but he usually just sticks to whatever the cookbook tells him. he starts to muse for any occasion that might need them to get a guess, but he draws blanks.

a more important inquiry appears in his head instead.

"wait, you bake?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 2:35:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Stormy hears her front door slide closed, the familiar click alerting her to the fact that company had arrived. And, with that, panic that was now strewn across her face like a white flag.[break][break]

This had been a mistake. She wasn't a baker, she really didn't know the first thing about baking. The last time she'd baked something she'd made some poor teenage girl do it for her in the hopes that anyone else could make something yummier than she could.[break][break]

So she pushes aside the mixing bowls and the bag of flour that she had already knocked over and spilled once. Flour lands in patches on her shirt and she smiles awkwardly as Kyle makes his presence known.[break][break]

Nervous laughter ensues when he eventually voices his surprise that she bakes.[break][break]

"Hahaha.. ha.. ha."[break][break]

She takes one more look at her 'prepped' baking counter-space before looking back at the bag of supplies still in Kyle's hand.[break][break]

"I sorta volunteered, and you were the first person I thought of. I don't bake at all, I just felt like I should do something. Besides, baking is supposed to be fun, right?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 12:09:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle scoffs playfully, before following it up with slow chuckles. he shakes his head as feigned confidence seeps through his expression.

"you know what, stormy? you called the right person."

the bag of baking supplies were left on the kitchen counter, careful not to break any of the eggs as it is placed on the table. as soon as it's done, he slaps his chest with an open palm, smirking at himself.

"i also don't know how to bake!"

the proclamation was useless and unneeded. the best option was to call for another person who knows how to bake, but the only person that comes to mind is currently unavailable. "see? now if we fail, we cannot blame each other!" he starts to unload the bag containing the things he bought one by one.

"what's that thing called? 'misery loves company', or something like that. but yeah, it's all about the fun."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 14:14:45 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy's eyes widen and she begins to beam with relief when he says those magic words.[break][break]

And then her mood immediately sours when he rectifies the situation by proudly announcing that he, too, can't bake. Or rather, doesn't know how.[break][break]

When she muddles that in her mind that, perhaps, despite them not knowing how to bake, surely that didn't mean they couldn't, it makes her feel a little bit better.[break][break]

The woman grimaces as Kyle slaps his chest, and she waits for him to start pulling things out of his bag of supplies before taking turns doing the same.[break][break]

"I just love your optimism, Kyle. C'mon, we can just stick to cookies or something. They're easy, right?"[break][break]

Stormy snatches up a nearby cookbook, brushing through the pages rapidly before landing on the simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. It seemed easy enough.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 1:49:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes out his rotom-phone and searches for chocolate chip cookie recipes online as it levitates up to his eye level. he grabs the tray of eggs, claiming them since they're one part of the recipe he knows he can't fuck up.

"yeah," kyle responds to stormy as he turns to her. "it's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake."

he grabs a bowl from stormy's cupboards and places it in front of him. he takes another glance at his phone, trying to make sure he's doing the right thing, like if eggs are actually needed for cookies. it turns out that they are.

"if the way is hazy," he starts to mutter in a tune, trailing off.

the egg fits nicely in his palm, though the snug fit doesn't last long as kyle hits it with the end of the bowl until a crack forms in its shell. "you gotta do the cooking by the book," he continues. with both of his hands, he cracks it open, releasing its insides into the bowl.

"you know you can't be lazy!"

he raises his voice for the last part as he smashes the egg shell on the counter, demolishing it.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 0:20:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy regards him quietly as he grabs the eggs. There's a note of suspicion in her eyes, as if she's mildly worried he'll fuck it up. After all, she's just been pleasantly informed that neither of them know what they're doing in here.[break][break]

Thankfully, while Kyle begins to sing, her anxiety about the situation seems to melt. Perhaps he had a way of making light of delicate situations. [break][break]

"Just don't--"[break][break]

The woman interjects as she reaches across the counter to stop him as he smacks the egg roughly against the side of the bowl a second time. She winces as her hand clasps over his hand holding the egg, and she pulls it up.[break][break]

"Get shells in the mix. I don't think anyone wants to crunch some egg shell with their chocolate chips."[break][break]

With her other, free hand, Stormy plucks a few shards from the yolk, wiping them on a papertowel.[break][break]

"Take it easy there, Hulk."[break][break]

She smirks, taking over his Rotom-phone to start mixing the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 15:54:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'll just feed the eggshell cookies to my dogs if they happen." his tone was nonchalant, as if there was nothing wrong with what he said. "i'm pretty sure they won't notice it anyways."

his hands move systematically to crack open another one to add to the bowl. there were less extravagant motions done this time as he stops singing, forgetting the rest of the lyrics of the iconic lazy town song. one by one, it starts to fill up.

kyle starts to get to the last of the eggs when he turns to stormy as a thought forms in his head.

"hey," he calls, breaking the ice once more. "wanna bake some extra? you know, for ourselves and not for them."

he bought extra of the ingredients after all, knowing that he'll probably make something bad for the first few batches. it's been a while since he last bake, and he was pretty sure he learned nothing from back then.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 15:56:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy frowns a bit at his response. Just.. feed it to the dogs? As if they don't deserve delicious cookies, too?[break][break]

"Kyle? Dogs can't have chocolate."[break][break]

However, while he continues to crack eggs, she continues to step in and mix the batter. It turns lumpy and uneven, however, given that she isn't the greatest at mixing sticky gobs of dough. In fact, she's breaking a sweat just trying.[break][break]

"Can you mix that? I'll grab the chocolate chips."[break][break]

At the mention of making an extra batch, Stormy's set and determined jaw slackens and allows a wide grin to spread across her face.[break][break]

"Um, hell yes. I'll put extra chocolate in our batch. Ooey, gooey, goodness here we come."[break][break]

And then she fingerguns at Kyle.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 17:43:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"if they can survive being roasted by open flames and coming in contact with toxic sludge, they can survive chocolate."

he chuckles softly at his own humor, half amusing himself with the thought of actually trying it. logic overcomes his need for entertainment however, as he dismisses the thought for the sake of saving himself from buying medicine for an upset dog stomach.

stormy hands over the responsibility of mixing the batter to kyle, which he obliges to without question. he does a considerably better job at mixing the ingredients, turning to stormy just as when she finger guns him.

he wonders if chocolate was a good idea for someone who monitors their health, but he shrugs it off. "put all of them in," he adds in a more serious tone.

"are you going to eat the extra ones we make yourself or are you giving them out?" he asks out of the blue.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 4:16:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy squints at him and his response. For such a dog-lover, he sure didn't seem too concerned about their eating habits or overall wellbeing.[break][break]

At his command, however, she pours the chocolate chips in. She's almost certain they'll turn the dough into a gooey mess when it begins to bake, but who cares, right? The chocolatier the better.[break][break]

"Of course I'm eating the extra ones, you crazy? Do I look like the type of person to share the goods?"[break][break]

With a deep breath, she inhales the wonderful smell of the first batch of cookies specially made for the League bake sale, or whatever reason she'd made them. [break][break]

"They don't smell half bad, maybe we aren't as bad of bakers as we thought, eh?"[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 18:20:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he'd normally have that mindset before relationships started to get introduced in his lifestyle and the thought of sharing them felt sudden all of a sudden.

valentines just happened and it only felt natural to give a gift for missing the opportunity that day.

"that's fair." he starts to think of doing the same, but he realizes he shouldn't be getting influenced easily. "i'll take mine to go, then."

the scent of cookies start to muddle with his head. the temptation starts to accrue and it doesn't help with the previous stance of not getting himself easily influenced.

"how many do they need? can we just give them this batch and take what's left for us?"

his inner thoughts start to surface.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bake [m]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 16:33:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy glances at him as he mentions taking his cookies to go. There's a shadow of a frown on her face but the expression is fleeting. He's a busy man and she's likely got other important things to do rather than sit back and hang out with a friend.[break][break]

"Sounds good, yeah."[break][break]

A drunken sort of smile crosses her face at the intoxicating smell of sugar and dough and chocolate. It mingles together and really puts a heavy aroma in her kitchen, and she reaches instinctively for a cooled down cookie.[break][break]

It tastes just as good as it smells, and she voices her delight quite readily.[break][break]

"Oh man, these are delicious."[break][break]

She waves the cookie in response to his next question before looking over the batches they'd already made. It seems in the time that had elapsed they'd made four or more dozen cookies.[break][break]

"We can probably each take a dozen home for ourselves. I don't know how many we needed, I just started making 'em."[break][break]

There's an empty tupperware tub on the table, and she slides it across to Kyle.[break][break]

"Stick yours in there, just don't forget to bring it back. Preferably without chew marks in it, if you don't mind."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 17:00:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'll be sure to return it in, like, a month or something," he teases.

kyle was the type to return things he borrowed when they needed to be returned despite his carefree attitude. those instances, however, were relatable to everyone who lends people things. a certain stack of manga that still resides at the dragon clan compound comes to mind.

hands catch the tub as it slides across the table. he opens it up and starts to snatch cookies from the batches that have cooled down into the tupperware.

"a dozen's not gonna last..." he muses out loud as he takes cookies one by one. "i'm gonna finish this so fast with how surprisingly good we are at baking."

he hasn't tasted the cookies yet and was simply basing it off of the smell.

"stormy, are we just too good for our own good when it comes to baking? this is our first time too. it's like we're prodigies or something."

kyle starts to ramble as he does his work, hoping to distract stormy when he specifically picks out the larger ones from the pile.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bake [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 16:48:48 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy crosses her arms over her chest as she sizes him up, determines if he's telling the truth.[break][break]

"I think you still have at least two or three of my tupperware dishes. Don't think I don't know you stop by to raid the fridge. Giving you a key was a mistake."[break][break]

Despite the sourness of her word choice, she's smiling. A lot.[break][break]

Her gaze falls to the cookies as he muses over how disappointing only a dozen was. Stormy laughs, almost a guffaw, because she feels the same way. Except they'd had the wise idea to use the rest of the chocolate chips in the last batch and hadn't had the sense to.. I don't know.. save ti for a couple more.[break][break]

Stormy glances up in surprise as he says her name, effectively distracting her from the tub of cookies he was almost certainly rifling through and adding more to.[break][break]

"You and I? We're the dream team, dude. Nothing is impossible if you and I are tackling it."[break][break]

His distracting was working, she was pretty easy it seemed.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
bake [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 3:54:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you sure it was me?" he asked, raising a brow. "how many people have you given your house key to?"

too lazy to go all the way to lavaridge just for food, kyle wonders if he actually did it. he tries to recall any moments where he did go to her house uninvited, and then a few instances come to mind.

maybe he legitimately did and just forgot. he scratches his head to worry about it later and look for extra tupperwares in his home when he gets back.

kyle takes one of the dozen he's supposed to bring back home, chewing on it. eyes light up as they truly were not as bad as he had expected them to be. he quickly takes another portion of it.

"i was gonna share this with someone, but fuck it, i'm eating all of it." he silently asks for 's forgiveness. "you should tell me where they're holding this thing you're baking cookies for. i'll crash and take everything we baked."