4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 3:26:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
LES PILIERS D'UN CHEVALIER SONT LES PILIERS DE DIEU.
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

The dummy hung from its post limply near the center of the training grounds. It was humanoid in shape, made mostly from wood and thick rope. A placid smile had been carved onto its face. It seemed eager to be struck.

With the initial awe and wonder of having entered the virtual world diminishing in strength, and with all the tutorials and introductory customization options out of the way, Remiel took only a brief look at his armored hands before summoning his red blade: Wyrmwind. He could feel the weight of it in his hand perfectly. Raising his head and setting his sights on the dummy, he rushed forward with it, the clinking of his light armor resounding throughout the sunny air filling the grounds.

Then, in seconds, one powerful strike.

The dummy was sliced in perfect half after his attack, bursting into bits of data before, in moments, reassembling into the same exact form as before. Straightening in posture, the armored dragon knight admired his blade again before turning back over his shoulder to gaze at the virtual form Isra had taken.

"There's no noticeable delay... Macro Cosmos have done exceptionally well..." His sword disappears in a burst of data before he saunters towards her, securing the armor around his forearm. "Care to share your first impressions on it all?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 5:54:10 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

The concept is beyond her, something so obscurely real and wrapped in something her mind catches on that the idea falls short in her head. Even as she experiences it for herself, Isra feels as though it can't possibly be as it is and yet.... Here she is staring at the same dummy as Remiel, wand in hand with a surreal curiosity in her mind. She twirls it, as if testing the idea of it for a moment.

Watching him sets a tone, she gets the idea and it reflects old stories and fantastical realms in story books she barely read as a child. She imagines most find it thrilling in some capacity. "It's almost.... Odd." but perhaps that is the rare semblance of anxiety eating at the back of her head. A lifetime of fearing the sun does not change, she can't get the idea that it's going to burn her alive out of her head. Boil her blood and ruin her skin- again again again.

So Isra focuses on him instead, the armor suits him. The blade seems like it belongs in his hand. She supposes that it probably does. She pries herself away from the thoughts for a moment, focusing on the words playing back in her head from the numerous tutorial messages (there's still a few she hasn't quite backed out of) they've been bombarded with thus far.

Isra opts for her favorite way of learning, messy and hands on. She targets the dummy by luck more than getting it right. The glow of her staff signifies the manifestation of icy spears in the air around it, descending in quick succession to skewer it and leave it in pieces before it respawns.

"On second thought, I think I like this." it's oddly satisfying.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 6:10:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

Halfway to Isra and he stops, turning over his shoulder to witness the damage inflicted upon the dummy by her icicle spears. The attack leaves a trail of glittering snowflakes hanging in the air and filling the area where the dummy once stood like a cloud. They slowly descend towards the ground below and disappear, while the dummy itself is respawned to taunt them with its carved smile once more. He turns back towards his partner.

"Funny," The armored royal responds, looking up at the bright blue sky above them. "Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever spent a day with you in the daylight... virtual or otherwise."

Of course, he knew more than he was letting on. Or, at the very least, had surmised it with great confidence. But he didn't care to admit that as he lowered his gaze back down and finished crossing the distance between them. The black dragon knight took a moment to raise a single hand and gently tap the tip of her spear with a finger. After examining the rest of her weapon up close, the cobalt blue eyes within his helmet shift towards her.

"You took quite an interesting form."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 6:28:58 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The ice particles make her grin, dancing around in the space in front of them. It's almost whimsical against the sunny backdrop but she supposes that's the purpose of it in a way. She certainly doesn't mind the idea. The woman doesn't get to linger on them long though before he draws her attention away, all but calling her out and making her feel for just a moment like she's been caught red handed.

"Of course not, I'm usually asleep by then." she says it the same way a normal person might say they're asleep by 10pm. There's a roll in her shoulders as if she's trying to settle into the situation still. It doesn't quite work in her head yet but it's better than lingering on the fact she can't keep her little secret to herself forever. It's bound to become too pertinent a thing to tell with time.

He approaches and examines the weapon in her hand and she moves to tap it against his armor, testing that it's there just as much as the rest of this is. "It felt fitting." there's something a little mischievous in her tone. In truth the vibrancy of the change of face suits her more than most might think. "The armor suites you." at least she thinks so.

Her eyes flicker away from him only because of another tutorial message that has presented itself and she wonders where the end to them is. She ignores it to look back at him. "Maybe you should get yourself a suit for the real world too."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 6:57:47 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

Her answer was unsatisfactory. Not because she had been sly enough to come up so quickly, and so naturally, with an excuse; a lie. But because the thought of her succumbing to his sudden remark and confessing had been too rich. Regardless, he was sure the topic would come up again at some point. Likely in the real world. Likely after they had established some understanding of what they were.

Remiel showed no sign of surprise or shock when she tapped her staff against his black armor. He half expected it to freeze him in place or set him on fire, of course. But this was a non-death enabled zone anyway. And, though he could tell there was some stutter or hesitation in her movements, likely a byproduct of her blitzing through the tutorials, he trusted Isra to get a grasp of things quickly.

"I have one in my home in Rustboro," He answers, gazing out at the other players in the training field. "It's a relic from the House Calcifet of Kalos; strictly for display." Raising his arm and looking down at it, he pauses and examines his suit of armor for a moment before continuing. "Here in the game, however... it's refreshing to see it in such pristine condition." The royal drops his arm and looks back up at Isra. He was sure she'd caught on.

"Shall we depart?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 8:27:14 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

While he speaks she manages to navigate through the rest of the messages she has been ignoring, noting the log for later use in case she actually needs to know something. It's a little obvious by the look of her but she can't really tell. This is no different than putting her in front of a computer- one can only hope her experience this last year keeps her from making a mess of this.

"I didn't realize you lived in Rustboro." Partly curiosity peaked and partly to further test the movements and the feeling of the activity, she reaches out to touch his armor again but this time with her hand rather than her weapon. Her head tilts to the side in interest, followed by a small hum that's neither quite approving nor displeased. He questions her and she answers. "Yes, before it finds another message to feed me for standing still too long."

Isra moves past him, but, failing to pay attention to the tutorial has no actual sense of direction or idea where they are supposed to be going. She's simply moving to move, getting a feel for it. She turns around, walking backwards so she's facing him still as she does. She adds, quite decisively "I'd like to see it, by the way."

Because there's a fondness for old relics, things with ancient stories to be told. Matters for another time however, they've an adventure to go on and though it nag and tugs at her mind she must admit- it's almost charming seeing a world so brightly without her parasol to obscure the light.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 5:36:31 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

As time wore on in this virtual world they had entered, moving around and executing simple actions was slowly becoming less and less of a conscious effort. The thin line between reality and virtual reality was just that— thin. If it hadn't been for the pop-up windows, the player hub, and the elements that denoted it quite obviously as a virtual fantasy setting, Remiel was certain the common man or woman would be unable to tell the difference.

He wondered about the psychological ramifications of such a technological advancement before, suddenly, the avatar that represented Isra turned around to speak to him. As she walked backwards, the black knight spared a moment to look at her. Despite his gradual ease of movement, seeing the green-haired avatar and registering it in his mind as 'Isra' still had some delay. He supposed it was easier for her, considering he wore a set of armor and all she had to do was imagine the rest.

"You're seeing it now," Remiel replied, half-teasing. "But if you'd like to fly out to Rustboro and examine the real thing... I'd be happy to oblige you." He calmly spoke, wondering if she'd notice the pile of logs some ways behind her soon.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 5:53:19 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"That's not the same." she retorts, the only delay being minor and set in them settling into the game itself. The unnatural sun still makes her anxious, eyes trying not to drift upwards to it as if to check and see that it's really there. She knows it isn't but she can't help herself but think this could become far more troublesome at any moment.

Isra turns on her heel again to face away from the armor that Remiel follows her in. "Perhaps I will then." it sounds like she's going to do it more to make a point than anything else. "Can't say I make it out that way often, I should take a detour through town every once in awhile."

She pauses a moment to stretch her limbs over her head, rolling her shoulders as she watches one of the others in the tutorial area running around with their sword. "We can talk about that later, I've never.... played one of these before, what are we even supposed to be doing right now?" her experiences are much more archaic, board games, card games, rules on pieces of paper and in her head. She knows those inside and out and what lies before her?

Foreign land, and she looks to the foreign prince for guidance.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 6:17:04 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

The black knight certainly doesn't show it. It's safe to say, even without an actual suit of armor around him, it would be most out-of-character for him to do so. But he's pleased to hear the assuredness in her voice when she states she will visit him in Rustboro after all. His mind wanders towards finding a night uncluttered by his responsibilities with Devon Corp, Obscura, and his own personal research projects. Perhaps the Rustboro night life has something to offer them both as well.

When her avatar stops and she takes a stretch, however, he comes back to (virtual) reality. Remiel wasn't exactly what people would call an avid gamer. But the tutorial prior to entering the training area had made things clear enough. "Fine-tuning control of our avatars," He responds. "Now that we've got a handle on that, we are free to venture out of this training zone and into the world they've built for us."

It is then that he moves past her, headed towards a wide exit that lead towards a stunning vista of grassy plains, homesteads, and valleys beyond. "I imagine the goal here is the same as in any game of war: conquer your opponents, unequivocally and as expeditiously as possible." He stops just before breaching the exit, turning over his shoulder to regard the woman who had accompanied him into this... interesting experiment. "Ready to take part?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 6:29:46 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Hmm..." she's not entirely convinced, because this is unlike anything she can fathom. His assessment makes sense but she can't help but feel there's bound to be a little more than that to it, isn't there? There ought to be at least. Or is it really that straightforward and simple? It'd be quite like her to over think it.

Regardless, she watches him as he moves past her, and once he asks if she's ready she moves to follow after him. "I suppose as ready as I'm going to be, at least for something like this." Her own lack of experience in such things leaves her uncertain and most definitely unwilling to go forward on her own. She certainly could but would quickly lose interest and traction.

"How are we supposed to be conquering opponents exactly? Other than the obvious." she asks as she steps inline with him, most certainly over thinking it. She sees the same game she always does, full of far more than the straight forward attacking patterns of the game set before them.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 6:48:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

The tutorial, of course, hadn't covered everything that Blades & Bulwarks had to offer. A world of this magnitude, that mimicked real life almost perfectly, was sure to have many different avenues and definitions of victory. It was this that drove Remiel's interest in playing it. That and the social experiment in progress beneath its layers.

"We've been encouraged to engage in combat with other 'players' as a means to gain experience and infamy. Otherwise, there is reportedly a number of dungeons we can explore on our own, or with a party of others."

They exit the tutorial area, and a wave of soundless data washes over them as they seamlessly transition into open fields of Aurora. "The best gear and the most rewarding bounty of experiences is said to be gained from these 'raids'... so I suppose our first goal is to find one of these for ourselves, hm?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 7:13:45 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Something about that feels oddly familiar and for a moment Isra goes quiet as she mulls it over. It's far from the same but she can't help but wonder if there's something in the striking similarities. It doesn't show, neither herself nor the virtual avatar betraying the slightly unsettled feeling in her gut as he explains it to her. "Sounds like fun." sounds like something she'll be good at.

The wave of data is odd but far from the worst of such experiences that she's had. The brain tricks itself into a flicker of something that she gets over quickly, as if it never really happened. A small part of her wonders if she's alone in feeling it. "A proper adventure ahead then." there's a little bit of a ounce in her step as she gets comfortable with the idea. A pep that doesn't usually show but fits the wild grin of her avatar.

With the idea in her head Isra is a bit like a child in a candy store, the whimsical nature of the scenario bound to take hold as they progress and she realizes just what sort of thing lies ahead. After all, she was a child never allowed to play pretend and whether either of them realizes it or not she's in the largest and truest game of it possible. "So what? We just pick a direction and go?" the idea of qiuests has already been abandoned, she's far more interested in aimless adventuring.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 5:58:48 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

The black knight nodded, not quite certain himself that there was any more to it than that. "As much as I've surmised... yes. Though we're sure to stumble across something before long." He added, his gaze fixed on a pair of players far ahead as they spoke to a traveling merchant NPC. It appeared that the axel to the character's canvas-covered wagon had broken.

Though he didn't quite enjoy wandering himself, at least not when there was competition afoot (and there was always competition afoot), Remiel also wasn't one to waste his time with trivial affairs that carried little reward. As such, he made no move to draw nearer to the potential quest. He eyed Isra to see if she would do the same.

"I trust you've seen the map to this region? Was there any particular kingdom that caught your interest, Isra? Furthermore," He continued, looking at the username that hovered above her when he focused his eyes: Devil's Luck. "Shall I continue calling you 'Isra' here? Or would your username cause less confusion?" He supposed she could ask him the same. And, quite frankly, he leaned towards the latter.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 6:15:13 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

If the nonsense with the wagon was meant to draw their attention it was lost on Isra. Besides someone was already tending to the trouble and she fails to realize these tasks are meant for everyone to complete. Nothing that matters really however, when they could easily be headed towards something of greater worth. Even in a virtual world, lost in a manner she can't put into words the woman still believes with an overbearing confidence in her abilities.

Perhaps virtual reality will end up teaching her a lesson true reality has not.

"Spectra looks rather enticing, and whichever you prefer is fine. And what would you rather I use for you, Royal." it's playful on her lips, her avatar seems to exaggerate the smile a little bit, a byproduct of the change of face. It almost gives her a different vibrancy than the calm demeanor he is used to, the avatar's bright golden eyes on him. Truly she cares little which name is used for, there is only one she is attached to and it is not one he knows her by.

There's a moment's pause as she pulls up the map and glances at it again. Just to be sure. "I hope you have a plan then because for once, I certainly don't." rare for her to admit.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 7:00:49 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

Spectra... yes, that part of the region did have an air of mystery to it. And uncovering mystery typically held great reward. Another similarity between the virtual world and the real one; though the reward here, he was sure, was far more physical than what he was used to receiving in his own world. Regardless, his thoughts were led away from the topic momentarily as she asked what he preferred to be called here. He’d seen the question coming, but the answer had been mired in internal conflict nonetheless.

But, eventually, he responded.

”Desolas... if you’d entertain me.”

The request was spoken as nonchalantly as ever. His username certainly didn’t reflect what he had spoken. Though the idea of Isra calling him ‘Comatose’ in the midst of battle had raised his brow anyway. No... this alternative was far more appealing. After all, if he was to don the virtual suit of his ancestor, then why not the name as well?

Drawing nearer to the golden-eyed avatar to look over her shoulder and read the map she held, Remiel made a small hum of noise. ”Mm... I’ve just about given you all that I had ‘planned’, Isra. The path to Spectra seems straightforward enough, however,” He added, pointing towards a forest on the horizon. ”If we cut through the forest there, it should save us some time. And, if not, we’ll at least garner some experience from whichever opponent dares keep us up.” He adds, lowering his hand as he turnes his dark helmet in her direction. ”How’s that for a plan?”
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW