1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 1:42:40 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"Desolas." she tests the name, commiting it to memory. "Curious, I like how it sounds." she'll ask later, when she's not being bombarded by input and messages, things she wants to pay attention to but can't wrap her head around without doing. She bites her tongue because he's already pointing out the direction for them to go. Her eyes stay on the forest even as he turns to her, thinking it over before looking at him.

It seems almost like her avatar never stops grinning. "Better than standing around here much longer." the map closes out and she turns away from him, stepping towards the forest he had pointed out. If there was a reason she should be cautious it was lost on her, clearly eager to find out what waits ahead of them.

"How confident are you in that blade of your's, Desolas?" though it certainly did the trick earlier whatever they may encounter had better not be so easy. She hoped he had the same confidence in it here as she thought of him as having in the real world. More than that, it's a perfect opportunity to test something out.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 3:58:15 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
LES PILIERS D'UN CHEVALIER SONT LES PILIERS DE DIEU.
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

Remiel makes no word after she agrees and they continue moving forward. The avatar she'd taken possession of clearly had its own quirks. And, though he could still see a glimpse of the real Isra every now and again, he was very conscious of the fact that his mind was scrambling to absorb as much information about her as it could. A new face brought with it new expressions; new cues. 

Regardless, he trusted she was still the same person he knew (or thought he knew, anyway) beneath it.

Being acknowledged as 'Desolas' didn't quite feel right either. The royal assumed he'd get used to it quickly, though. "I've training in swordsmanship since age 10." He replies, thoughts briefly flashing towards the many fencing championships he'd attended. "But I don't imagine my technique is as effective as I would like it to be in this sort of... setting. Therefore, I'm counting on my abilities here."

He's tempted to draw out his blade and toy with it for a bit, but keeps himself from doing so. It might incite challenge from some of the weaker creatures roaming the area. And he wasn't in the mood to kill prairie rats.

Shifting his gaze in Isra's direction, he asks. "And you? I don't suppose you've had much experience with magical staffs before... or have you?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 4:27:29 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Only since 10?" It's a little antagonistic, the smirk like grin of her avatar doesn't help it but it's not meant in a way that might incite something. If anything she finds it to be another thing to be interested by or dare it be said, take a liking too. If he's any good at least, but he's yet to disappoint her before now. It's almost a shame she won't get a chance to enjoy a show of it in the confines of the game, because he's probably right. They won't be nearly as worthwhile here as they might otherwise be.

She chuckles. "Magic?" she grins, not quite answering, something whimsical in the smile. "I do believe they call this a wand, and I certainly don't have any experience with something like that." That was the name it had at least, something about being class specific and Isra was almost disappointed in it. "I'd like a staff though, that'd be fun. Nowhere near as fun looking as yours though."

Isra had chosen the mage for a reason though, a break away from the things she knew in real life a little too well. The one thing she wouldn't be likely to criticize the entire time they were here. It'd be too easy to be judgmental of the execution of some of the others like the warrior walking next to her. This was nothing more than a senseless whimsy. Much better.

Isra finds herself skipping a few steps ahead again, turning herself around and walking backwards so she can face him while they speak. Oddly, she trusts him to keep her from running into anything, or worse, anything running into her.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 5:30:01 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

The armored royal finds no insult in her words, though he does wonder whether they are sarcastic in nature or not. Then again, he reasons, other royals of Galar had been trained at younger ages than 10. Perhaps she knew. Perhaps she had assumed he had been one. Then again, the smirk on her foreign face says otherwise.

"A wand, is it?" Remiel responds, musing over her words and the weapon in question. "Perhaps here. But in Galar folklore wands are far shorter than that, my dear." Regardless what it was classified as, he had faith that the magical weapon was in good, albeit inexperienced, hands. Magic seemed to be the real contender in this game. Though he would certainly push the capabilities of the blade as far as they would go.

When she steps ahead of him to turn around and walk backwards again, the dragon knight is oddly pleased by the action. It helps seeing her avatar's face as they speak. It eases his mind's desire to continue absorbing all of its subtle cues. The amount of detail in this world... the kind of computing power it would need behind it... the royal was no programmer, but he could hardly fathom it.

But alas, he shifts his mind away from the technical and focuses instead on the female accompanying him.

"Have you ever considered picking up a sword with the intent to learn? Seriously considered, I mean." He flatly inquiries. "If so... you might make a good sparring partner for me." She'd certainly proven before that she had the stamina to keep up.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 5:47:51 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra can't help but laugh, gentle and amused. "According to them. I can't think of any wands in anything I've ever read save for storybooks." She's certainly never used one, or anything one could call one. It would seem almost like an insult to anything she'd ever had her hands on. It was the silly little thing she only took interest in because she didn't get to pick up stick and play pretend like the other kids.

There's a pause though, as she muses over his words. She almost thinks it an invitation and one that she should readily decline. Because such a thing, indulgent and revealing, letting truths slip between the cracks by saying anything at all to it. She should ignore it.

But as usual, he is a blemish on her perfectly placed should be and must be.

"You'll have to hand me one and find out for yourself." she places the notion back in his hands because it's easier than trying to decide for herself.It's playful in nature, like an intended retort and not a thinly veiled cover for the fact she'd quite like to test out his skills for herself. It very nearly sounds like fun even.

"But only if you intend to really try when you do."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 6:46:48 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

"Have you ever known me to hold back?" The armored royal retorts, a ghost of a smile at the corner of his obscured lips. Isra is quick to shove the idea back into his hands, yes. Perhaps out of a desire, maybe even a need, to see him clamor for her time and attention. He's not entirely opposed to the idea; which, to him, is certainly a strange feeling in itself. But he's rare to give in either. And, even in the virtual world, the royal finds this little song and dance they play wholly entertaining anyway.

He muses on the idea for a moment, again losing himself in their surroundings and the general atmosphere. Before long, however, he continues. "I am quite interested to see how training here translates to one's improvement out there... so we'll make time for it. If that is really what you desire." He adds.

His blue-grey eyes fix on Isra as she responds. Now that he has the time to think about it, he wonders exactly what brought her here in the first place anyway. She hadn't exactly been clear about it prior to joining, after all. Besides it being a supposed distraction and curiosity. Remiel, however, was doubtful of such simple reasons.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 3:56:36 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Not yet, but that doesn't mean anything really." after all some of the best laid traps are the ones that lull a person into a sense of security, assuring them they know what to expect until they expect nothing at all. Like many things Isra holds the idea in a limbo state, she doesn't expect him to hold back but she's not enough of a fool to think that he might not play her for one. It's nothing personal, Isra doesn't trust anything that easily. Less so when they catch her interest, it makes it easy to think that she should.

Isra watches him closely as they walk, eyes trailing over the details in the armor that adorns him. It almost irks her, because she's used to reading him better than this. Something she'll have to get used to. "That is an interesting notion though."

"Perhaps we should. I'd be interested to see how it works out, some of the simulated experiences that are possible here would be interesting to run through." experience, first hand, in the moment. The feeling matters more than anything. The way it settles in her bones. The way it seeps into her soul and roots in, that's what she clings to and seeks.

She can't help but wonder what Remiel might be able to dig out of her in such a regard. What experiences here or in such a sparring match with him might get etched into her bones.

Ever so slightly, the idea makes her thrum with excitement.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 6:02:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

Though neither of them really cared to admit it all that much, the two had a natural intimacy with one another. It was part of the reason things had moved so fast between them. Fast, at least, to the perspective of an outsider looking in. Whether what they understood about each other was valid or not would only present itself in the weeks, months, and perhaps even years to come. But she made a good point to take it all with a grain of salt.

Remiel sighs when he spots a band of thieves lurking behind a thicket of trees farther ahead. "Some could argue the real world is a 'simulated experience' in and of itself... the most impactful factor I expect to change here is a lack of inhibition... a peek into the true nature of the human psyche," Suddenly, he summons his blood-red blade again out of thin air. One of the NPC's ahead stumbles out onto the road with a dagger in hand, shaky and wild-eyed.

"Something these compilations of 1's and 0's only serve to distract us from." He adds, coming to a slow stop as four more of them emerge.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 6:23:25 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra tilts her heads at his words. There's a part of her that wonders what brings him to think such a notion. It's a curious thing, a parallel to something that lingers in her mind from childhood prayers and silly things in stories and old musty words.

Here we lay beneath your lucid dream...

It plays back in her head but he pulls her out of it just as quickly.

"Naturally." Isra turn at the sight of his blade, certain that it means something is upon them. It's almost depressing to turn around and find some half baked bandits before them, Isra would have rathered jumping straight for dragons.

It's an almost depressive sigh. Without hesitation the woman calls upon the thing that had drawn her to her class of choice to begin with. It only takes a little bit of focus, the wand in her hand as the medium. The Hail chills the area, cooling it until ice falls amongst the leaves and breath clouds of the npcs. It pelts the ground and their skin until they could nearly be lost in it.

But of course, that meant Desolas was lost to them in it too.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 6:41:26 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
CHEVALIER
ITEMS

THEME

new game
ENDEAVORS

listed here

The gust of ice and wind summoned by Isra's provided ample cover and distraction as Remiel placed himself into a combative stance, initiating a Shift Gear with little more than a thought before bursting forward without warning. If the NPC's had been human, perhaps they would have reacted sooner. As he came down the first among them with his sword, however, the armored royal almost applauded the realistic look of terror on their face.

Even as the hail started to come down heavily, pelting him with damage almost as much as it pelted them, the dragon knight's momentum only increased as he darted from one enemy to another. His speed was unnatural, perhaps even in the context of this fantasy world. And the hail had no chance in stopping him as soon as it would have his current opponents. Within moments, in fact, the ordeal would come to a rapid, bloody close.

F I N

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
welcome to ransei [isra]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 7:18:53 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

He steps forward into the storm and she steps back, dancing along the edges as should be expected of her. The sting of the ice matter little, the cold waking and grounding her in their little faux reality. She doesn't wait for long before the icy particles they had witnesses prior signify the manifesting spears amidst the storm. Easily unseen by the npcs as they're quickly distracted by his blade.

They slip in between the cracks in his attacks with ease, it doesn't take her long to master the timing. The action clicks into place little by little as she tracks the color of his armor against the ice and trees, using him as a focal point for her own attack.

When the storm passes, there's little left of their quick encounter. She's almost annoyed by it.