6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 15:59:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle is honestly surprised with the revelation, not because she didn't expect stormy to play video games, but because he was certain there were only around six people he had told offline about his username.

"wait, stormy? how'd you know it's me though? did someone dox me? was it fernando?"

the list of suspects is short, but is the one that has the highest possibility of leaking his identity, if only because he's the closest one to stormy he can think of.

regardless, he shrugs to topic off.

"well, that doesn't matter. we're going adventuring."

he exits the establishment and opens the door for stormy as courtesy, motioning his head towards the outside for her. if they're getting rare drops, starting sooner was better than later.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 19:56:44 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy laughs, shaking her head with an incredible grin spread across her face. As if she hadn't put the pieces together. How long had they known each other?[break][break]

"Oh give me a break, dude. 'aaaaaaa'? Are you serious? You're the only person I know lazy enough to come up with something like that. We're best friends, I'm insulted you have such little faith in me."[break][break]

And that he hadn't figured out who she was, too. [break][break]

Stormy seems genuinely surprised, however, that Fernando is in the game. His uptight ass didn't seem the type. Well, actually, maybe he was the typ. He always had to be the best.[break][break]

But Kyle shrugs off the topic and she's happy to oblige, unwilling to linger on a topic that would almost certainly kill her mood. He mentions adventuring and she springs back into gear, stepping past him as he holds the door open for her.[break][break]

"Are you in a hurry? We could get something to eat, boost our skills and strength before we go. Maybe I should stick around a while longer and look for some ice-resistant armor."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: :shiblobmelt:

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 11:30:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle summons the interface and checks the time. "i got around an hour or two before dinner." he closes it as soon as he opens it up. "we can end the farm around that time."

he takes a seat on one of the stools reminiscent of what boyfriends have for reprieve whenever their girlfriends take the time to check out clothes. at least they were already in a store that sells armor.

"i can wait. i'm fine with mine as is, so take your time."

his build concentrates more on offense and one-shotting mobs anyways. defenses were unnecessary for his build, unless they get to see a boss or something.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 21:27:21 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

The woman's stomach growls in real life, one hand clasping her belly as it continues to grouch in protest. Dang, she'd forgotten all about dinner.[break][break]

"What are you making? For dinner?"[break][break]

She was suddenly considering dropping by his place to mooch.[break][break]

Kyle takes a seat, indicating she could do whatever she'd like and he'd wait there while she shopped. She smiles, disappearing around the corner to take a look at their selection. She's picky, passing over some more improved equipment in exchange for better, more aesthetically pleasing pieces. [break][break]

On some occasions she would come back around wearing something else, posing for him to take a look.[break][break]

"What do you think of these?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 2:08:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"just pizza." it was the classic nourishment for people who do not want to leave their homes. "there's a good pizza place nearby. you should try it next time you're in verdanturf."

kyle waits on his seat as stormy does what she was meant to do. kyle has taken a look at each possible item he can buy on the shop, and he assumes stormy will buy what he saw to be the best from them.

instead, he sees her wearing something way cheaper than the better ones.

"there's better armor that gives more optimized stats in stock if you haven't seen them. i can lend you MC if you want."

while he did focus on aesthetics earlier, kyle assumes that stormy was going to go for actual better armor with the premise of shopping for ice-resistant armor. technically, what she wore fit the description, it was just that there were better options in kyle's perspective.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 18:13:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Pizza sounded divine, honestly.[break][break]

"What toppings?"[break][break]

She had been looking for the cheaper armor, but not necessarily because she was low on MC. She was, sort of, but she had always been the type of player to hoard her currency for no reason. Her excuse was probably that she was waiting for something better to come along, but she was literally passing up on the better gear right now.[break][break]

The woman frowns a bit, glancing down at what she's wearing when Kyle suggests better armor. [break][break]

"Sure, show me what armor you're talking about, I must have missed it."[break][break]

Then she steps aside to let Kyle take the scene if he chose to.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 19:30:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"vegetarian! it's a nice change from the ones i usually eat."

he tries to think of it as a palette cleanser, but it's more about choosing the healthier options. he already feels bad about ruining 's diet multiple times.

when stormy tries to get his opinion, he does what is expected from him.

"this one has the optimal stats for a glass cannon, unless you're doing some weird shit like being a melee mage or something. it gives a good set bonus too."

he wears a very tacky set that doesn't even look aesthetically pleasing. it's the textbook definition of a wizard's robe, with a design that is to be expected in a fantasy world. it is anything but what people on the modern setting would like to see.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 20:38:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Vegetarian did actually sound pretty damn good, even if it wasn't something she typically got. To be honest she was a pretty basic pizza fanatic, preferring the simpler palate. Pepperoni and cheese was good enough for her, maybe add some pineapple for some extra zing.[break][break]

"Hmm.. that actually sounds amazing."[break][break]

Thinking about pizza is making her more and more hungry, but she manages to focus long enough to watch as Kyle changes into the male version of the armor he's suggesting for her.[break][break]

She purses her lips as she walks all the way around him, inspecting every inch of the garment. It's nice, but very wizard-like. If only she could start to become more of a mage-warrior, wouldn't that be cool.[break][break]

"God, I wish I could be a melee mage. Imagine me running into battle with some plate armor and a flaming sword that I could cast. I would be unstoppable, I bet."[break][break]

Stormy sighs wistfully as she says this, flipping through the store's menu to try on the armor for herself. It's a lot more lewd and flashy than Kyle's version and she frowns.[break][break]

"The male armor is so much more realistic than the females. What's up with that? How is bare skin supposed to protect me from the cold?"[break][break]

And yet the armors stats indicated immunity to freezing - so clearly it had to be true. What an odd game.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 14:18:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"if it works, it works."

kyle simply shrugs. he's too used with the gaming conventions that the aesthetics don't really matter as much to him as long as they give him adequate stats. realism doesn't matter to him as much as numbers.

there was also the case of being practical about things, which he doesn't think about until after the release of the vrmmorpg.

"male armor are usually so bulky though, like they try to make the frame appear big enough to give the illusion that the character's big and muscly."

leather armor are too realistically padded with too much stuff like fur to make users more intimidating. heavy armor does the same, except the form brings too much emphasis on the body shape. at least it fits well with his avatar.

"i'd wear casual clothes in this game if they had any. have you seen any shop that sells relatively normal clothes? cause i'd buy them immediately."

t-shirt and jeans would be his preferred outfit.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 22:49:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy rolls her eyes at his retort, unwilling to let the man prattle on about the woes of looking too big. All of that padding was sure to protect you with actual certainty. In fact, it was actually easier to deal with bulky male armor in video games since, for the most part, it didn't hinder your movement.[break][break]

"Do you not want to be big and muscly?"[break][break]

She looks him up and down for a moment, as if trying to picture Kyle as anything but the tall, lanky dude he was.[break][break]

"I'm sure there's a glamor for that. Y'know, some sort of paid currency you can use to purchase aesthetic covers or whatever they're called."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 0:51:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that means having a large hitbox and having a large hitbox isn't really helpful. i miss being on the average side of things."

like what he was in the real world. his avatar was a few inches taller than him, which he didn't check just so he can start the game right away.

the topic of glamour equipment pieces comes. kyle has never used them before since he doesn't really care about aesthetic, but it's a good way to look at things from another perspective.

"i don't think i want to pay premium currency for a game i'll probably drop in a few months though. i saw a person change his avatar from one thing to another though, so maybe it's possible."

kyle tries to navigate through his screens to look for the premium shop but gives up shortly after.

"but that's too much work and customization takes a lot of time. would you change how your avatar looks though? it's pretty nice now that i look at it actually."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 1:11:13 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy crosses her arms and tilts her head, thinking about it. He's probably right. Sometimes it was incredibly difficult to hit her because she was so small. She was actually pretty sure she'd even made herself a little bit taller than she was in real life - but not by much. She was used to being small, so she felt no need to be bigger than she was.[break][break]

"Hmm.. I suppose you have a point."[break][break]

She chooses then to inspect the armor she's wearing, looking at it more closely in the mirror. As strange as it was to wear clothing that revealed skin - it was honestly not something she hated and probably not even something unusual for her to wear. Her normal clothes in real life were not always so tasteful, probably.[break][break]

The woman sighs, eventually deciding that this was almost certainly the best armor she could get if she wanted better ice-resistance. It would be ideal, anyway, if they were fighting an ice-boss. [break][break]

Kyle mentions not wanting to spend real money on a game and she chuckles, not at all surprised. [break][break]

"It's definitely possible. You really think you'll drop this game in a few months?"[break][break]

Honestly, Stormy couldn't even really see herself continuing - not unless there was some sort incentive to.[break][break]

However, her friends next statement causes her to blush and look away.[break][break]

"W-what? No, of course not! You're just saying that because of the outfit I'm wearing."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 1:37:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"eventually, the fad's gonna die and then a better game comes out. you know how companies release good games every so often."

stormy starts to get flustered over nothing. kyle blinks at her, questioning himself what he said to get her to have that reaction. when she suggests a thing, he is quick to correct her.

kyle places two fingers beside his temples, mimicking her avatar.

"i like the horns."

at the moment, stormy does not seem to be looking for more armor anymore. kyle tilts his head to the side as he asks a question that betrays his excitement to get back into the field and kill mobs.

"do you need more time shopping, or...?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 1:44:34 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy doesn't play many games, so the fact that this one was so good and she'd caught on so easily was unimaginable, let alone moving onto something else so quickly. She does not, however, voice those concerns.[break][break]

In response to her flustered and embarrassed reaction, Kyle only adds fuel to the fire by mimicking her horns. Her hands rise to them, touching them softly as she blushes further.[break][break]

"Thanks, I guess."[break][break]

She clears her throat awkwardly, jumping quickly to the idea of moving on and killing stuff. [break][break]

"No, no, I'm good. I'll pay for this and then we can head out. Do you know where the mini-boss is supposed to spawn?"[break][break]

Before he could answer her, she would disappear into the HUD to pay for the equipment and wear it out.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
icicles [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 2:02:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's a bit hidden, but there's a dungeon by the higher levels of the mountains."

two squishies doing a dungeon raid wasn't something he hasn't done before. while he doesn't know how good stormy was in the game, she can't be that bad even though a warrior class probably suits her more than a mage.

"are you good with potions too? i only have a few since i also save inventory space for arrows, so i'm not sure if i can share. the shop next door sells them if you still need to stock up."

he double checks his inventory before closing it again.

"cause if not, let's go!"