Stormy Silph
gettin' springy with it [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 23:05:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Her promotion to the Elite Four didn't mean that she had forgotten about Lavaridge. While she no longer held mayoral-like duties as she had while she reigned as Lavaridge's gym leader, she still felt the desire to hang around and make sure the town was running smoothly.[break][break]

That included visiting the hot springs frequently. And not just for personal gain - though she was definitely here today to just kick back and relax. She still had super tense and tight muscles from the added stress of her new job.[break][break]

The woman's hair is pulled up into a half bun, messy and unkempt - like she'd wrapped it up in a rush. Long strands of dark hair frame her face and she blows on one that tickles the end of her nose when she leans over to tuck her clothes into the nearby locker. She's wrapped in a towel and her feet step lightly on the warm stone beneath her feet.[break][break]

Stormy raises a hand to her face, tucking away loose strands once again only for them to fall back out. Another puff of air to the side of her face temporarily removes them from her cheek and she hovers by the edge of the springs, a soft smile on her face.[break][break]

She wiggles her toes as she touches the surface, relishing in the heat that spreads up her skin.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2020 18:09:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
there's a need within her, a need for relaxation that can't be overlooked any longer. it comes from weeks of ignoring problems, letting them fester beneath her skin like bruises until they're purple and black, painful to even look at. of course, she should know better than to put it off for so long but she claims she's too busy and self care simply slips through the cracks of everyday life. is that why she practically forced herself to come here? it felt like pulling teeth, really... her mind providing other things to do, things that don't include pampering herself. she isn't worth it, she reasoned. there's more work to do, more dna samples to study, more books to read. except, how can she do any of that if she crumbles into ruins beneath the pressure she's placed upon her shoulders? beneath the weight of the world in her head, the feelings that simply won't leave despite time's fingers running over them.

she tries to pick a time where there might not be many people. a time where others are working, away from the luxury of having time to themselves. the woman likes to think she's clever in that regard, in that way of thinking two steps ahead. she never is, however, and it always seems that she's really a few steps behind the rest of the world. too wrapped up in her thoughts, perhaps?

her clothes are neatly folded and tucked into a free locker, the door closing with a soft click. it almost feels odd to be in a robe with the plush fabric comfortable against her skin. shouldn't it feel more restrictive like the rest of her wardrobe? tight, suffocating, anything but the feathery feeling? she's unfamiliar with the weight it lacks, the freedom of it all. her hands fiddle with the loose belt around her waist as she shuffles to the springs themselves. at her back, her hair falls free and unleashed from the usual ponytail she wears. it's an odd sensation to have her hair curl at the skin of her spine... almost like having a finger run down the length of her torso, slightly ticklish and light.

it seems her previous calculations had been incorrect. the realization dawns as she nears the edge of the springs, the back of another woman coming into view. ah, is she interrupting...? subconsciously, her arms draw around her chest, the fabric of her robe tightening beneath the pressure. "i'm sorry," she breathes, the skin of her cheeks beginning to heat with embarrassment. "i didn't know there was anyone else here." something feels familiar about the woman that's dipping her toes into the water, though. something that reminds her of heat and skin and an excitement she can't place. and so, illeana drifts closer, mind struggling to place the origins of such a feeling.

"wait," she murmurs, then, as recognition settles like coming up for air after being submerged for too long. "stormy?" surprise echoes in her tone and she's welcoming a soft smile onto her features as if it's the first one in a while and... perhaps it is. "it's been a while! how have you been? i heard you got yourself a promotion," she's reaching for the woman within moments, her body seeking stormy's in an almost hungry desire for touch. a hug between friends is normal, she reasons. it's not because she's gone too long without the sensation of another person's limbs wrapped around hers. nope, it's not because she needs to be put back together by the arms of another. it couldn't be, it won't be.

brief clips of beneath the water's surface reel in her mind, a small movie of the last time she had been held, and she's speaking suddenly as if her words will end the trailer, will snuff out the swirl of emotions it brings. they don't but it's the effort that counts in the end. "would it be alright if i joined you?"
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 2:44:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy turns around in surprise, losing her eyebrows in her dark hair when she hears someone else approach. She didn't mind company, she just wasn't really expecting any. But she was pleasantly surprised to see someone she recognized. [break][break]

The woman apologizes and she opens her mouth to interject and greet her friend with nothing but warmth, but she doesn't manage to get a word in until Illeana's arms are around her and she's wrapped in an even warmer hug.[break][break]

"Illeana? Oh my goodness! It's so good to see you!"[break][break]

She returns the hug with a tight squeeze, pressing her cheek against the other woman's. When she pulls away she laughs and holds the girl's face between her hands, brushing hair from her face and eventually shrugging that off to just pull her in for a second hug. Perhaps she was also trying to put herself back together, desperate for physical affection from someone she cared about.[break][break]

"Yeah, yeah I did!"[break][break]

The excitement in her voice drops off a little bit at the mention of her promotion. It had come unexpectedly and without the best reasoning. After all, she had filled in the spot of someone who had gone missing.[break][break]

But she puts on a brave face for her friend, pulling away again to glance over her shoulder at the hot springs that had resumed calling her name. She breathes a deep sigh, just imagining how relaxed she was about to be.[break][break]

"Um.. yes? Of course? You don't even need to ask! C'mon, let's get steamy."[break][break]

She giggles, grabbing the woman's hand and practically dancing down the natural stone steps and into the springs.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 2:13:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
it's funny, she hadn't known that a hug could manage to put each piece of her back together until now. when stormy's arms wrap around her body, there's a swell in her chest she doesn't understand. is it affection? a wholeness she hasn't known? whatever it is, she presses closer into the tightness of her embrace, into the warmth of stormy's body. it's like seeking fire after being in the cold for so long and it almost dawns on her that this might just be what people describe when they talk of the warmth of home.

stormy pulls away from the embrace and before illeana can speak, can coo at her, the dark haired woman's cheeks are seized by her friend's hands and she's letting out a giggle. "i'll be honest," she murmurs as stormy's fingers brush away strands of dark hair from the edges of her face. "i missed you. it's been so long!" memories of a shared experience under the enchanting lanterns of a festival rise and a fond smile curls at her lips. and then, she's being pulled in for another hug and the breath she releases is slightly shaky. her arms circle around stormy's waist once more, her cheek pressing closer. the contact is nice, almost intoxicating even, and she doesn't want to break the moment. she does, however, as a question escapes, muffled slightly by stormy's hair. "how've you been?"

she misses the dip in stormy's tone, the slight hint of something lingering in the words she speaks, and it's lost in the contact they share. lost in the feeling of another body against her own, lost in the concept that this is what she has been desperately searching for these past months. this sense of ease, comfort, safety. how was she supposed to know that it was held within stormy's arms, within the affection they have? if she had known sooner, perhaps she would have been knocking on the woman's door every night when her mind becomes too much and the weight of it all is crushing. begging for cuddles seems fitting for illeana, anyway.

and then, it's gone and the lack of warmth, of being whole, registers all at once.

she doesn't get a chance to dissect what it means before stormy is grabbing her hand and tugging her toward the springs. a laugh bubbles out from her throat and as they descend into the springs, illie's glancing toward the alluring water. "there's no one else i'd rather get steamy with," she giggles. her robe is shed and abandoned at the water's edge, the plush fabric quickly replaced with the soothing warmth of hot water lapping at her skin. really, how has she not done this sooner? this is incredible.

"so," she begins, then, with dark eyes fluttering toward her friend's face. "what's new? give me all the details. i'm dying to know!" hearing of stormy's endeavors will ease her mind, she believes. it'll provide a distraction from her own troubles, her own failures. and if not, she still wants to know anyway because she's missed this woman and this feeling of being close to another person.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 19:15:50 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy grins at the woman, clearly over the moon to be sharing the evening with her. It was nice.[break][break]

"Good, because I've ordered some wine and sweets - hope you're a fan of chocolate."[break][break]

As she says this she drops and folds the towel, tossing it aside so it wouldn't get damp. She melts into the water, allowing the heat to sink into her pores. She sighs, leaning her head back and letting the loose hairs sink into the water.[break][break]

The steam does an excellent job disguising her figure in the water, and she glances up as the caretaker woman approaches with bottles of wine and glasses for two - it's as if she knew Stormy might have a companion tonight.[break][break]

Illeana breaks into conversation and Stormy is more than happy to oblige. There's been a lot on her mind, and with a little wine in the brain she's more opt to share. She steals her first sip, closing her eyes a little bit as she smiles.[break][break]

"Where do I begin?"[break][break]

She giggles wistfully, the slightest note of exasperation on her lips. It was clear that she had a lot on her mind as well.[break][break]

"I gave up my gym to help the league as one of the elite four. I broke up with someone that I cared deeply for but not in the way he needed me to. The man I proposed to just returned to Hoenn - convenient, right? I feel like I'm being pulled in ten different directions. Do you ever feel that way, Illeana?"[break][break]

As she turns the question back around to her friend, Stormy pours the woman a glass and hands it to her.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 23:39:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
her eyes seem to dance at the mention of chocolate and wine. well, more chocolate than wine, really... she's not much of a drinker. alcohol and her have an odd relationship, you see. she likes the taste, likes the fuzzy feeling, but good lord can she not handle her liquor. this fact is a little too embarrassing for the woman to mention, however, so she simply grins at stormy and nods. "of course," she almost purrs before a laugh breaks away the tone. "what kind of person doesn't like chocolate?"

certainly not her because she's too sweet to not have a sweet tooth.

a gentle flush of heat overtakes the skin of illeana's cheeks, then, as stormy drops her towel and descends into the water. they're friends, she reasons. comfortable with each other. it's natural to do this, to skinny dip with your gal pals. except, it's not natural for her and she's a little flustered at seeing everything stormy has to offer. it almost brings an insecurity with it, the notion that her body is supposed to be smooth and curvy, unblemished. while she has the curves, has the feminine wiles at her disposal, her skin is littered with scars and they're ugly, unsightly things. subconsciously, her arms curl around herself and she's sinking a little lower into the water, chest disappearing beneath the surface until she's just a hint of shoulders and dark hair.

her eyes wander away from stormy as the caretaker arrives with the aforementioned wine. had stormy been expecting someone else? the woman is certain she hadn't heard her friend ask for the goodies while in her presence... her mind wants to worry, wants to feel guilty, but this is supposed to be a relaxing time. she has more than enough moments to worry outside of this peaceful bubble they have placed themselves in. and so, she ushers the thoughts away as quickly as they come with a grateful dip of her head in the direction of the caretaker.

"oh boy," illeana giggles, the tone of stormy's words not going unnoticed by the scientist. she's almost too used to picking things apart that words and meaning feel like child's play. and yet, she's still constantly oblivious, things going over her head far too often for her to deem herself keen. "lay it on me." there's a silly edge to her words, the syllables lifting at the ends with slight laughter.

ah, but the explanation behind her friend's words leaves her suddenly quiet. it dawns on her that despite being close with the woman beside her, there's so much she doesn't know about her. the same could be said for illeana, sure, but it still leaves a weird taste in her mouth. guilt, she realizes. she feels guilty for not asking sooner. her eyes drift away from the wine to find stormy's and red meets iron. the dark colors of her gaze soften upon making contact and a hand leaves the curve of her waist to seek her friend's. "i'm sorry," she murmurs and it comes out on instinct alone. "that's a lot to handle in such a short amount of time. are -- how are you dealing with everything?" her idle hand rises to accept the glass as it's offered, quickly raising it to her lips for a generous sip. the wine is sweet yet tart all at once and it's pleasant on her tongue. as if suddenly thirsty, she's taking another sip before letting the glass fall away.

"yes," she says after a moment. there's an almost distracted look in her eyes, in the way they retreat to the water's surface. "a little too often, i'm afraid. it's like you want something but then something else comes along and you never thought you could desire that thing so much until it happens? and then you're torn between the two and it's hell." illeana sighs and there's that lack of understanding toward the world and fate that has her lips quirking into the ghost of a frown. "what is your heart telling you?" it's a loaded question, she knows, but she has to ask anyway. some think with their mind while others allow their heart, their instincts, to guide them. she tries for both herself, but her heart always wins out in the end and hopes for the things it desires only to break each and every time in the end. as she decides on yet another sip while she waits for stormy's response, she finds herself hoping that her precious companion will not have to endure the same fate she has, the same feeling of a still beating organ ripping apart in her chest.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2020 0:18:13 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

The caretaker leaves and Stormy's attention is on the woman as she makes her exit, a soft, knowing smile on her cheeks. She giggles a bit as she looks back to Illeana, who had slipped into the water quietly. [break][break]

"Apparently I have a tell - they always know if I'm feeling a little.. not myself - they bring more wine than I could possibly handle. Do you think I really double fist my drink?"[break][break]

She scoffs at the thought but there's a blush to her cheeks and it's too soon for the wine to have taken its toll on her. Perhaps she's fibbing, maybe she really was the type to tackle two glasses at the same time.[break][break]

To quiet her sieging thoughts, the woman pops a chocolate in her mouth, thinking about the smoothness of it as it melts on her tongue. She can't help but notice the way Illie's eyes wander, the way she's begun to wrap her arms around herself. She seems uncomfortable and Stormy picks up on it quickly.[break][break]

But she doesn't press on it, because she's being kind enough to absorb all of the information she had just dumped on the poor girl - and she was grateful for it. She had expected to spend the night alone, probably arguing with herself, and almost certainly crying about all of the choices she had made.[break][break]

"This is how I'm dealing with everything."[break][break]

She laughs but it isn't really that humorous, she's actually embarrassed because it's unhealthy. [break][break]

But she was really good at being really bad with relationships.[break][break]

Stormy takes another generous sip of her wine while Illeana speaks, offering her own relation to her woes. It's nice, in a way, to know that she isn't alone. [break][break]

"Right? And no one seems to understand because they're always so perfect. They seem to know exactly what they want and I just don't and it's exhausting. I'm exhausted."[break][break]

Her hand freezes as it reaches to set her glass down, and instead she reaches for the bottle to fill her cup a little higher. There's a lonely look in her eye and she chews her lip painfully.[break][break]

"My heart is telling me to stop falling in love so easily. It's battered and bruised and breaking, and I don't know how to put it back together yet."[break][break]

And then she takes a long, long sip of her wine and lifts her leg out of the water - perhaps the heat is irritating the incredibly long and terrifying scar that runs along the back of her calf. As it sinks back into the water, so does she, lowering herself as low as she could while still being able to sip at her glass.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2020 19:06:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
a series of giggles escape as stormy jokes and like her friend, it's probably too soon for the wine to begin taking a hold. it seems, however, that her tolerance is practically nonexistent because the wine is already working its magic and she's fuzzy. her mind is still somewhat sharp but there's a pleasant feeling beginning to creep within her body. rosy cheeks are the first sign and as she takes another sip, she's flashing stormy a smile over the rim of her glass. "they're psychic," she laughs. "if you can double fist your drinks, color me impressed! that's such a talent." and it really is, in a way. she wouldn't be able to make it past two glasses before passing out but... limits are meant to be pushed, perhaps?

the giggles fade into contemplation when stormy speaks again and there's almost a tinge of sadness in her eyes. it's not a healthy habit, she's certain stormy knows this as well, but she understands it all the same. sometimes, people need other things to help them deal with the cards they have been dealt. some require other methods than her friend but in the end, it's all the same search for solace, for safety, for comfort. "you know," she murmurs, glancing away almost shyly. "if you ever need help dealing with anything, i'm a call away." and then, she's flashing a soft smile and even attempting a wink. "i'm not much but i'll try my best to help, always."

illeana hums between another sip of her wine. the words hit a little too close to home and she's overwhelmed by how much she actually understands of what's been said. people are too perfect, too composed and too high on a pedestal she can't hope to reach. it's sobering, sometimes, to think about. will she ever be like that? is that even something that's possible for her? to know what she wants, to have the means to get it, to be successful and not a mess at every given moment. it both scares her and irritates her for reasons she can't grasp. perhaps it's the desire to be composed, to be like everyone else, that has her falling apart each night. when will she come to understand that she's not meant to be like the masses? perhaps soon, or perhaps never at all.

"it baffles me that people can be so perfect all the time," she murmurs almost bitterly. it doesn't sound good coming from her lips, like she's not supposed to be that envious of others. she is, though, and it's hard to stop it. "shouldn't they be exhausted too? it doesn't make sense. it's normal to be unsure of what you want, right?" to her, and to stormy, it is and that thought alone is comforting. "i'm sorry you're going through this, stormy." her voice is quiet as she leaves the sentence to hang in the air. it's soft and trying its hardest to be comforting but words are just words in the end and only they can decide whether the words will have any meaning.

while stormy tops off her glass, illeana decides that another sip is a good thing. she can already feel her body relaxing in the water but somehow, someway, she wants her mind to feel at ease too. is she overindulging in the wine? probably but she'll simply regret it in the morning when her head feels like it's splitting at the seams. for now, she's content with the sensation of water at her body and alcohol trickling down her throat.

"it's hard to not do that," the woman murmurs and she's tilting her head back to gaze up at the sky above them. "people can be so convincing sometimes, too, and that just makes the heartbreak even worse." it almost sounds like she's speaking from experience and in some regard, she is. there's been a few men that have captured her interest, filled her chest with the flutters of love, only for them to snuff them out with the tearing of her heart. it's exhausting to put yourself back together again after that, after having your hopes so high only to have them crumble into dust. perhaps that's why she's missing a few pieces now, the glue not being enough to keep her whole. "i think," she begins after backing away from the depths of her thoughts. the flashes of faces in her mind keep her from going too far and drowning in the what ifs, in the disappointment they bring. "to keep it from breaking again, we have to keep it guarded. it's easier said than done but i don't know what else could stop the breaking." there's not enough walls for her to build to get rid of the hope that rises, the idea that someone could actually be interested in her entirely.

stormy's leg draws illeana's attention and she's all too aware that she's staring but she can't help it. the sight of the scar that runs across her skin is comforting, so much so that it prompts the scientist to raise her arms and settle them against the rocks at her back. the remnants of water that stubbornly cling to her skin shine briefly in the glow of the lights around them, showcasing what lies beneath. scars, dozens of them, are put on display in a rare moment of ease. they almost look like constellations, a map of stars on her skin. they aren't, however, and they're nothing more than reminders of her parents, of the man who took her furret from her. no matter how many times they're compared to the night sky, in the end they're nothing more than devastating memories she can't escape. it's comforting to know that she isn't alone, though, and as her eyes drift away from stormy's leg and toward her face, illie flashes her a warm smile. "could you pass me a chocolate, darling?"
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2020 1:45:53 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy is down a full glass of wine by the time she's sunk into the water to hide the pain in her voice. Of course, Illie is the observant type and has almost certainly picked up on the grief - but Stormy has never been good at hiding her truest emotion.[break][break]

She does, however, giggle a little bit at the double-fisting, and she wholesomely pretends she's wielding and sipping at two different glasses of wine but one is imaginary. [break][break]

"Y'know? I don't even really like wine. I just like feeling fancy. Do you ever feel like that? Like you do something you might not even like just because it makes you look good?"[break][break]

There's a faraway look in her eye when she says this, but she's grounded when Illeana offers her shy services of unending friendship. Stormy breathes a sigh as she wades closer to the woman, reaching out to hold her hand and squeeze it.[break][break]

"You're more than I deserve, Illie."[break][break]

She smiles and even begins to chuckle as Illeana agrees with her on how unbelievably perfect people are. She shakes her head, raising a damp hand to her cheek to brush away strands of her hair.[break][break]

"I like to think that they aren't perfect - not even slightly. They're just really good at pretending they are and they're paranoid about letting their secret go. So they just keep it to themselves and never share."[break][break]

Stormy can feel the hum of relaxation melt into her skin. She feels heavier and lighter at the same time, and her eyelids drift closed as a pleasant smile graces her face. The steam of the bath is helping clear out her pores and lighten her mood despite the heavy shit in her head.[break][break]

It's starting to occur to her just how hard she had been working herself, how much time and energy she spent overthinking and worrying. The knots in her back start to ease up and she can feel the stress leaving her body. It felt effortless and yet it wasn't. She could already sense them sitting idle like springs, just waiting to tense up again at the crack of dawn.[break][break]

"I see the best in people, even if there isn't any good to be found. I believe in people and that's my mistake - but I won't stop making it. Because the moment I stop, I won't be the person I am anymore. I won't be me."[break][break]

She glances at Illeana, her expression soft and sad but genuine. She sighs through her nose, a short burst of air as she reaches for a chocolate - reading Illeana's mind before she even asks. She presses the treat into the woman's hand, giggling as it smears on her fingers from how warm she is.[break][break]

"Y'know.. chocolates might not have been my brightest idea - but it is my favourite one."[break][break]

Stormy grins as she licks the melted chocolate from her fingertips.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 3:07:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]there's a heavy feeling in the air, one tinged with a sadness that illeana can't help but feel familiar with. it's something she knows, understands, yet doesn't touch upon. there's no need to, not when stormy knows as well as she does that they're in this together. sure, it might be different circumstances, but it seems that the hot springs have brought both women together again for a purpose. healing, relaxation, comfort. maybe the solace they've been searching for isn't in the wine or the chocolate but each other. it's food for thought that has her quiet and reflective as she stares across the water.

and then, stormy's giggle draws her back in and she's flashing a soft smile. "nothing wrong with feeling fancy," she chimes. the words linger in the air before dying out against the breeze and she's pausing, dissecting, analyzing. doing something for the thrill of it, for the feelings it brings... she understands, sure, but it's outside of her realm of comfort. she's a creature of habit, sticking to what she knows, what's comfortable and easy. in the end, she offers a soft hum of acceptance, glancing down toward her body beneath the water. "kind of?" she murmurs, though the words are hesitant, as if she's nervous to admit it. "i don't really do things like that, i guess? like, i don't know, i'm sheltered or something." it half makes sense, half sounds like gibberish and she decides that, in that moment, the wine is beginning to take hold.

her fingers intertwine with stormy's with an ease she has come to understand as affection. in fact, she gives a little squeeze and a giggle before raising her glass to her lips with her free hand. this is nice, she muses. nice and comfortable and she didn't know she needed this so much until now. her thumb begins to trace lazy patterns over stormy's skin as she speaks. "you deserve more than just me, stormy." she isn't much but she knows that stormy deserves everything. the world, the stars, beyond. the woman is too kind, too precious to settle for anything less and if she needs reminders of that, illeana will be here to shout it from the rooftops.

another hum escapes as the scientist takes another sip. what stormy's speaking of certainly makes sense but... how are they not exhausted with pretending? do they ever want to let the mask slip and relish in their faults? is that even a thing now? do people enjoy their downfalls? she doesn't, not one bit. "i don't understand how they can be so good at it?" the puff of air that escapes her is almost exasperated and she's continuing with a slight roll of her eyes. "isn't it human to not be perfect? and really, how do they hide all of it so well?" and then, a laugh, as she adds, "and can they teach me? i'm a bit of a mess." her parents were perfect until they weren't, until their demons showed their ugly faces. is that what awaits the perfect? perhaps her particular kind of train wreck isn't such a bad thing after all.

she takes advantage of the brief silence to recline further into the warm water, stretching like a feline with an arch of her back. after this, she might just become something of a regular here. it's lovely, soothing, every bit as relaxing as she had been told. in the end, it seems as though virtual reality has nothing on the real world. another sip, another hint of fuzziness rising in her bones. by the end of this, stormy might just have to carry her out of here but for now, she's content and even enjoying herself. the break from work is refreshing and perhaps something she should consider doing more often. oh, maybe she should ask stormy for weekly hot springs getaways. yeah, that's a nice idea.

by the time stormy speaks again, illeana's cheeks have a lively flush to them and she's finishing the last of her glass. it isn't long before she's flashing a coy smile toward her friend and reaching to refill her empty glass. the smile fades at the words, however, and she's glancing toward the rippling water at her chest. "i don't think it's a mistake," she murmurs and her eyes find stormy's again. there's a ghost of a smile curling slightly at her lips and it's soft, perhaps too soft for this world, but it's genuine and that's all that matters. "the mistake belongs to those who take advantage of that quality. your belief in people isn't a weakness or anything, it's a strength." the wine bottle settles back against the ground with a soft clink. "don't let other people dull that light." really, she shouldn't be the one uttering words of confidence for others when she has none for herself but... it's easier to give advice than to take it.

"really?" she's chuckling, fingers wiggling beneath slightly melted chocolate. "i thought it was quite brilliant." her words are light, teasing, as she moves to pop the sweet into her mouth. it melts on her tongue and she hums, satisfied. chocolate and wine, a killer combination it seems. another sip is taken from her newly filled glass before she's following stormy's lead and swiping her tongue over sweet-covered fingers. "you know," she drawls with a wink. "i might eat most of these on you. they're delicious."

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 4:14:17 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"No."[break][break]

Her voice is sharp when Illeana insists she deserves more. Of course, she is immediately soothed by the lazy patterns being drawn on the back of her hand. It's comforting, it's warm, and she doesn't pull away from it.[break][break]

Instead, she holds Illeana's gaze, searching for something that she can't understand.[break][break]

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, to anyone. You are smart and beautiful and kind - I couldn't think of anyone more perfect."[break][break]

Stormy sips again at her wine, relishing the tartness as it coats the back of her throat. Her fingers remain coiled around Illie's, comforted by her closeness. When she sets her glass down she begins to tug and twist at the ends of her hair, pinching the moisture from it and feeling goosebumps spread where the cooling water touches her warm skin.[break][break]

"I could use a lesson, too."[break][break]

She sighs heavily at the thought, her voice tinged with wistfulness. She was tired of putting on such a facade, acting so prepared and perfect and poised.[break][break]

When Illeana finishes her glass and reaches for the bottle, Stormy's fingers bump hers and she smiles, offering to pour the woman her second glass. It sloshes against her hand at her abruptness and she giggles.[break][break]

Her tongue catches the drops of wine staining her skin and she feels her hand, the one holding Illie's, pull away to steady herself. The heat from the hot spring coupled with the dulling effect of the alcohol was starting to make her dizzy.[break][break]

It comforts her to hear that Illeana thinks of her soft heart as a strength - but she knows deep down that it isn't true. She's been faced with it her whole life, and it's held her back time and time again. She steadies herself against the side of the bath, a damp hand brushing across her cheek as she subtly tests how numb her face is. The water cools rapidly on her cheek.[break][break]

"You're sweet, Illie. I like that about you - you're always honest with me."[break][break]

Her attention fans to the chocolate on her fingers and she blushes for a reason she can't discern. Stormy's eyes follow the trail to her mouth as the other woman pops it in her mouth. It leaves a smear on the corner of her lip and she blinks.[break][break]

And then her hand reaches to brush it away, thumb stroking the chocolate away. She winks as she brings it to her lips, sucking the sweet from her skin.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 6:02:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]the sharpness of stormy's tone catches her off guard, earning a wince she can't hold back. it's a reflex, one she doesn't understand. firm tones and sharp words always seem to have an odd hold over her, it seems, but the warmth of stormy's hand against her own anchors her. there's a certain comfort in it, a certain safety that she finds herself greedily clinging to. "why?" comes a moment later, dark eyes meeting red. searching meeting searching, meanings attempting to be uncovered. and then, she's shying away from the eye contact, shrinking into herself a little at such a compliment. maybe it's the alcohol, maybe it's something she doesn't understand, but there's a fluttering in her stomach and it makes her feel a little tingly. "you're being too kind," she murmurs. it comes out meek and she's flushing from more than just wine by now. her hand clenches stormy's a little tighter and it feels too intimate, too close, but she doesn't want to let go. "if i'm perfect then you're a goddess." she leaves no room for argument as her tone takes on a firmer edge, one she hasn't fully heard before.

illeana follows stormy's example and opts for another sip of her own glass. her thumb continues its efforts in tracing little patterns around the skin of her friend's hand, mindless and gentle. her legs stretch slightly and when they do, they brush against the soft skin of stormy's. it's innocent but she finds her cheeks radiating more warmth than before. it must be the springs, right?

"maybe we can take lessons together," she giggles in an attempt to lighten the mood slightly. the idea of her and stormy together in a how to not be a train wreck class provides some amusement because really, they'd more than likely be a handful. anyone willing to teach both of them might even be a saint for such a service but... no one will and they'll be forced to navigate the learning curve together.

and then, her other hand is brushing against stormy's in its search for more alcohol and she's dissolving into giggles beside her. "sorry," she breathes between laughs. the wine is beginning to settle further into her body and she's unable to stop a somewhat flirtatious smile from forming on her lips. "guess we got a little too excited." another laugh follows before her hand is released and the warmth from stormy's is gone. it takes a moment to process and by then, the hand is drifting back into the water in search of the warmth it had lost. the water's heat isn't the same but it'll do for now.

is it possible for her cheeks to be this hot? they feel like they're burning... probably because stormy keeps complimenting her. it's almost dizzying. no, wait, that's the wine. at least, she hopes it's the wine. "and you're precious," she coos. the urge to shift closer rises and she drifts subconsciously, warmth and comfort on her mind. "i'll always be honest with you, okay? you don't deserve to be lied to, ever."

oh. oh boy. if her face wasn't hot before, it certainly is now. her lips part in an o shape and her eyes snap toward stormy's fingers as they retreat from her lips. chocolate coats the tips and she's captivated by the woman's movements. it seems so innocent and so playful all at once and she's unaware of how her eyes half-lid themselves or the way charcoal almost darkens. and then, it's gone and she's giggling, slightly leaning toward stormy with a wink of her own. "thank you," she murmurs and despite probably not needing any more wine, she's raising her glass to stormy. a grin is flashed toward the woman before her lips meet glass and she's dangerously close to finishing it once more.

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 15:14:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy blinks in surprise when she's called a 'goddess'. Her eyes search Illeana's face quietly, her voice stolen as a result of the woman's firmness in her statement. She couldn't find it in her to argue.[break][break]

The patterns traced into her hand start to turn her skin numb, and only regains feeling when she ultimately pulls away later. [break][break]

As she takes another sip she feels Illie's legs brush against hers and she welcomes it. Her skin is soft and warm and she's drawn to warmth like a fly to honey.[break][break]

The ex-gym leader watches as the world seems to emit a fuzzy haze, but Illeana's face remains in full focus. She watches as her cheeks burn and her face grows hotter, watches the bashful expression creep across her face whenever their eyes meet.[break][break]

It unfurls a tingly feeling in her chest, one she isn't expecting. She blames it on too much wine in a short period of time - and chocolate wasn't exactly a meal.[break][break]

She breathes in softly as Illeana draws nearer, she can feel her skin brush up against hers and it makes her feel weak.[break][break]

And then she's whispering promises and Stormy's heart is pumping forcefully at the intense emotion she feels. [break][break]

"I will always be honest with you, too, Illie."[break][break]

Stormy's voice is soft, too soft, when she says this, her thumb finishing tracing the outline of her lip to catch the smear of chocolate. She smiles as her thumb remains pressed to her own lip, the sweetness lingering on her taste buds. Her hand drops to her side, sinking into the water, but she can't help but be conscious of how close they are.[break][break]

And how vulnerable and confused she is.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 17:57:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]comfort, warmth, that elusive feeling of belonging. it all washes over her at once and she's suddenly finding herself praising stormy and the presence that she brings. one that almost feels like home and she knows she shouldn't be so greedy, so needy for such a thing, but it's difficult not to when the girl beside her is as stunning and incredible as they come. perhaps that's why when her skin brushes against stormy's, she flashes a shy smile and allows her limbs to linger, almost savoring the contact before it's taken away.

does her friend know the effect she has over people? that sense of excitement, of fire in the pit of your stomach that won't stop until it burns everything in sight. it's incredible, really, and yet she can't figure out where it's coming from. is it the look in stormy's eyes? the skin on skin contact? the dizzying wine? really, she's not exactly complaining but her mind wants answers without giving life to the questions that rise.

her new spot in the springs is probably too close for comfort for the woman at her side and despite knowing this, she can't help but allow a content sigh to brush past her lips. it's easy to feel relaxed, to feel at ease here, and not just because of the springs. there's something about stormy and the way she's so affectionate, so loving, that has illeana seeking more. it dawns on her that maybe, in the end, she's using stormy's willingness to be near her for her own selfish desires. and yet, she can't help it. the pull is too strong and she's gone far too long with a lack of human contact that she's in a frenzy for it now.

"i appreciate that," she murmurs and there's an almost shy feeling to the way she glances at stormy and then averts her eyes toward what little wine remains in her glass. "and i appreciate you. always." softness matches softness and she's flashing perhaps her warmest smile, the movement of her lips slightly sluggish from too much wine and too much affection. is it possible to be drunk from love alone? will that be the cause of her hangover in the morning when the sun wakes her and it's too bright for life? perhaps she'll consider this notion when she's glaring down at a pair of pills in her hand, cursing the lack of tolerance her body has for practically anything. for now, she's too stuck on stormy and her presence to give anything else much thought.

and maybe, it really is the wine, but there's a flutter she almost recognizes in her bones and it's practically just as dizzying as the alcohol on her lips. or, maybe it's the way stormy's finger lingers at the corners of her lips, tracing the soft skin and leaving a tingling sensation when her hand falls away. and then, illeana's giggling with rosy cheeks that are too bright to be just from the booze and she's giving in to the sudden urge for more contact. her head drifts and seeks the comforting dip of stormy's shoulder, the already warm skin of her cheek finding more heat in stormy's skin. "you know," she whispers, daring for another sip. "this is really nice. i, um, didn't know i needed this until now."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2020 1:01:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Everything feels warm and welcoming and right and she feels herself soaking it up, greedily hungering for more and more. She had been in turmoil until now, her mind full of panic and worry and stress. Her heart ached but now, in this moment, it had reduced to a dull pluck - something she could easily ignore in favor of the closeness and affection she received from Illeana.[break][break]

Was she greedy for asking for so much? For taking what she almost certainly was not owed? Was she using Illeana for her own selfish gain? These thoughts retreat to the back of her mind as the woman's soft skin brushes hers, as her nearness fills her with such love.[break][break]

For so long she had been seeking someone to put her on a pedestal, to appreciate her and see her as anything but the naive teenager she had once been. She was no longer the same insecure, selfish, arrogant girl, she didn't want to be. She refused to be.[break][break]

Stormy can feel Illie's eyes study her, her dark lashes nearly make a noise as the brush her cheek with every blink. Time slows and thoughts grow sluggish and giddy as her vibrant red hues search for her friends.[break][break]

She feels her lips widen in a relaxed smile at Illeana's soft words and she realizes that the trickle of the makeshift waterfall has faded into white noise. It continues to burble and splash, creating a movement to the water.[break][break]

A gasp escapes her lips, stained red with wine, as Illeana's head rests in the hollow of her shoulder. Her hair tickles her bare skin and falls down her back and she finds her fingers stroking the dark locks. They're soft and smooth and she finds herself pulling her closer, closer.[break][break]

Her free hand lifts, water dropping from her fingertips as she pulls the pin holding her mess of hair up. It falls around her like a curtain, soaking up the water hungrily.[break][break]

"I'm glad..."[break][break]

She whispers into her hair, her breathing fighting to be steady compared to the frantic beating of her heart.[break][break]

"I'm really glad you're here, Illie. I didn't know how badly I needed you."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay