snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
catharsis
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 19:25:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illiep b"]
[attr="class","illiep i"]she's starting to grow sick of white walls and bright lights and it's only been a few hours at most since she woke. the room feels too stuffy, too full of feelings she can't place bouncing off the sterile walls. god, and the beeping machines. how does anyone think with that in their ear? eventually it fades into white noise but right now, it's almost overwhelming. her mind is still reeling, still placing bits of coming information together into the file marked 'the littleroot fiasco'. each new revelation sends her into a flurry of emotions that's both exhausting and dizzying.

a sigh escapes as she turns over to lay on her right side. her left leg is still sore, the wound left behind from the jagged rock offering more discomfort as she shifts. any attempts at making herself comfortable have been futile and she's starting to give up on ever feeling at ease in this bed.

her nurse pokes her head in once more with a bright smile and a chirpy tone. "miss reyes!" her eyes dart to the door but her body stays relatively still, feebly attempting to relax. "there's a visitor! she'll be in shortly."

the nurse leaves almost immediately after and it's a few moments before the visitor reveals herself in the doorway. the soft coo that escapes illeana upon just seeing her best friend is perhaps too affectionate than it should be but she's melting into the bed. stormy, in the flesh, lingers in the door. it's enough to bring the scientist to full attention, body struggling to sit up enough while also beckoning her into the room with an excited wave. "hey!" she giggles. her arms are already stretching toward stormy's body before she can even fully enter the room. "it's really good to see you!" refreshing, comforting, everything she needed in this moment. her smile is almost as bright as the lights overhead.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiep b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiep i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
catharsis
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 22:37:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

The events in Littleroot are still fresh in her mind. She remembered brushing off the concerned hands of rescue teams, retaliating with defensiveness and anger at their attempts to help her. They were concerned by the ash on her skin, the patched and burned holes in her dress. But she was fine, not that she could explain that to her.[break][break]

She had ordered them to take care of the rest of the people who were in actual danger. People like Atlan, held lifeless in her arms. People like Kazimir lost in the smoke. She had left him dozens of voicemails, missed calls. Panic gripped her like a vice. It made it hard to breathe. But what scared her most was that Illeana was in-hospital, recovering from a situation she understood all too well.[break][break]

Things had gotten out of hand. An operation that should have been simple had fallen through their fingers like sand. Try as they might, they hadn't been able to get it back under control. She doesn't envy Illeana in the slightest. She's lived through the situation she's in right now. She's been strapped to a hospital bed, woozy, out of it, guilty.[break][break]

And, for a moment, all of that fear and worry that she feels melts away temporarily when she sees how happy Illeana is to see her. The woman's arms open up and Stormy, previously waiting, hovering by the door, flies across the room to pull her into her arms.[break][break]

"Illie, oh my God. Are you okay? Let me look at you, let me see. I was so worried!"[break][break]

Her voice is hoarse, choked up with the effects of smoke inhalation and thick emotion. During the embrace, Stormy's cheek presses to Illeana's. When she pulls away, her hands find and cup the woman's face, thumbs brushing her cheeks with comforting, affectionate intent. Her eyes search her friends, concern making her desperate.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
catharsis
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 23:36:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiep i"]she only has a moment to drink in the absolute sight that is stormy silph before the woman is a frenzy of movement. her path leads her right into illeana's arms and the scientist can't help but sigh happily as they settle into each other. skin against skin, warmth against warmth. it's affectionate and pure and loving and so them it couldn't feel any less perfect than it does in this moment.

she's caught off guard by the amount of sheer emotion that swirls in her chest and she's desperate to press closer with every inch of her body. of course, the pressure is a little too much for the recovery her body is going through but she ignores the way her nerves hiss at the contact or the way her thigh sings songs of agony over and over. it doesn't matter. what does, however, is this embrace, this affection.

"i'm okay, i'm okay," she laughs because the giddiness of seeing her best friend dart across the room for her still hasn't subsided yet. in fact, it only increases as stormy gathers her cheeks in both hands with feathery brushes of thumbs against skin. "the poison's out of my system now and my thigh is slowly healing. i'm okay, i promise!" she's quick to lean into the touch, the comfort and affection stormy provides. a soft sigh escapes and she's letting her eyes flutter shut if only to savor this moment, to burn it into her memory. "don't worry, please. i promise, i'm fine. i'm breathing." part of her is saying that for stormy but also moreso for herself. the reminder that she's okay, that she's still in one piece, has to be repeated sometimes if only to cement it into her mind. it could have been worse, this much she understands...

"are you okay? weren't you in the contest?" her hands rise to latch onto stormy's, fingers curling around her own at the edges of her cheeks. "you didn't get hurt, right? you made it out before the building collapsed?"

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
catharsis
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 22:53:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy's heart is hammering with anticipation and affection, drinking in the moment, absorbing everything she can. Illie is safe, she's alive, and she's in her arms. She's okay.[break][break]

Illie laughs but she can't share the same giddy relief because she's reliving her own horrors, remembering when she had been laid in a hospital bed, her leg bandaged up and stitched with so many stitches she couldn't count them all without sighing and giving up. She remembered the poison that she had had injected into her blood, the fire it had caused.[break][break]

And yet, she would give anything to be in Illie's position right now, to save her from the pain.[break][break]

"I'm so relieved. So.. so relieved."[break][break]

As Illeana's fingers curl around her hands wrapped around her face, Stormy closes her eyes and presses her forehead against hers, suffocating the distance between them and placing herself in Illeana's orbit entirely. There was no hesitation in her action. This was love.[break][break]

She doesn't dare pull away even when Illie asks her questions.[break][break]

"I'm fine, don't worry. I was outside when it happened, I have a few bumps and bruises and scratches but it's nothing."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
catharsis
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 0:01:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiep i"]there's a moment where she savors this part of time, this part of existence. etching it into a memory, saving it within a filing cabinet to reflect upon later. to use as a grounding moment when things become too much and the weight of the world seeks to suffocate her. somehow, the particular file with such moments is growing a little larger than she expected. and maybe it's because she's laid out foundations for relationships that she had been seeking for so long. ones of warmth, love, affection. everything she had lacked and somehow gained in the end. a different path drawn away from the one she had begun so long ago. and yet, this path will end up strayed from too as this is just how life works. paths shift and change, wind and grow weary. it's up to you to find your way back.

"i know," she murmurs and yet, it's not enough. the relief stormy feels is both familiar and foreign, not quite enough to solidify itself as one or the other. but she feels it in her fingertips, in the way their hands cling to one another and it leaves her dizzy.

an airy sigh is breathed out as stormy leans forward, as forehead meets forehead and eyelashes flutter against cheek bones. there's no hesitation in the action, no second guessing or retreating. only practiced movements guided by affection and relief and love. it's enough to root her smile firmly onto her lips and the expression never leaves. even when stormy answers her questions, when her words fan across illeana's cheeks.

"i'm glad," she whispers. her fingers give stormy's a light squeeze, a gentle reminder that she's still here, that they both are. it's a comfort she's come to appreciate, to seek and adore. "i'm glad you weren't hurt. i -- i don't know what i'd do if you were." perhaps scorch the earth, perhaps bring the region to its knees. if there's one thing illeana reyes is... it's fiercely protective of those she loves. whether it's stormy or alex, alec or kaida or even the still new but already adored francie she'd still become a monster if it meant they were safe. and perhaps that's foreshadowing or thinly veiled strings of fate already tethering themselves to her but it's true and concrete and so very real that it terrifies her.

"i'm sorry for making you worry, stormy."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
catharsis
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 0:49:12 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy lingers for a long time, just enjoying the moment as it was. Slowly but surely, her heart stops hammering in her chest and relief overtakes her. They're both safe, they're both here, together, surviving, existing. It brings her joy, even despite the situation.[break][break]

When she finally pulls away it's only so that she can scooch onto the bed next to her. She's as delicate as she can be, too eager to stay close to her. But she takes care to not jostle her injured leg, she can do that much.[break][break]

"Now, now, don't get all doom and gloom on me, love. I'm immortal, don't you know? There's been no proof to tell me otherwise."[break][break]

She chuckles, but there's a note of concern in the recesses of her laugh even despite the smile on her face. She had really almost lost her best friend today. And for what? Had it been worth it, really? She wasn't sure.[break][break]

"Don't be sorry, Illie. Just... make sure you take me with you next time. I want to be your champion."[break][break]

It sounds dumb, hearing it read back to her, but she blushes because she means it. She would lay down everything for Illie, she was pretty sure. By pretty sure she was 100% sure, Fernando was just an intimidating man and his ominous words that she might have to 'make the right choice' loomed over her even still.[break][break]

But she would. She would be Illeana Reyes' champion if she ever asked.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
catharsis
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 18:06:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]where stormy is careful and considerate, illeana is anything but. when her best friend shifts onto the bed, she's eager to wrap her up in her arms, to pull her close and hold her. the comfort and warmth between them won't fade, won't slip through her fingers. she'll never allow that. instead, she'll shift to fully rest her head on stormy's shoulder, to sigh into the skin of her neck.

a light laugh escapes her, even if the mood is a little heavier than they're used to. they're together, they're here, but one could have been lost. and then what? without one, what would the other do? she shudders when she thinks about it.

"there better never be proof to dispute that," she murmurs and it's only half serious. she wants to believe that stormy will live forever and that death will never claim her but it's improbable. science tells her no and she hates it, despises it, wants to rewrite it. instead, she'll simply offer a smile and brush the concept beneath the rug. "i wouldn't be surprised if you're immortal. you are a goddess, after all."

the statement feels so pure and kind and wholesome yet she flushes as if it means more than that. perhaps it means the world and she's struck by just how good stormy really is. how protective and kind, loving and fierce. really, what did she do to deserve such a woman in her life, in her heart? she's pressing closer, smile widening at the thought.

"i'll take you along if you take me too," she offers. if stormy is to become her champion, then illeana would become hers. "i'd follow you anywhere. you just need to ask." she'd follow her into the dark if it meant she could still hold her hand.

and then, the mood shifts just enough to allow a sigh to be breathed out from her lungs. she doesn't want to endure such a thing again, not after how horrible things turned out. mistake after mistake and she's stuck in this loop of analyzing them as if that will change anything. it won't and she's simply putting herself through the ringer for nothing.

"i don't know if there will be a next time, though," she whispers. thoughts of fernando rise, of what he suggested. they want to remove her from field work, hole her up in a lab and keep her safe. with that concept still lingering on her mind, how could she even entertain the thought of a next time?

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
catharsis
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 2:20:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team0"]

Stormy settles in nicely, as if their two shapes fit perfectly against each other. And, when Illeana snuggles her head into her neck, Stormy relaxes further, exhaling softly and squeezing her gently. This is nice.[break][break]

Illeana's comment stirs warmth in her belly that rises to her cheeks. It's so heartfelt, so genuine.[break][break]

And yet it brings her sadness too, because she is undeserving of such a title. She is far from anything 'goddess-like'. [break][break]

But she doesn't have the heart to argue it, their moment is too raw and precious and Illeana needs her, now more than ever. So she says nothing, fingers searching for the woman's hands to squeeze.[break][break]

They make a promise to each other, one that ends with Illeana's concerns about there being a 'next time'.[break][break]

"Maybe that isn't a bad thing, Illie."[break][break]

She isn't sure what she would do if she lost her best friend.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team0]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
catharsis
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 22:14:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she half expects her heart to be whipped up into a frenzy over the closeness of their bodies, the pressing of skin into skin and warmth absorbing warmth. it isn't, however. it's lulled into a sense of security, of comfort, of love. and it shows with the way her lips lazily spread wider, a blissful smile cementing itself onto her features.

the world outside could burn and she'd still be fine so long as stormy was still tucked into her side.

her fingers are quick to intertwine, to reward stormy's search for them with a returning squeeze. it speaks volumes and words they don't need to murmur. feelings they don't need to touch upon, that just simply exist with overwhelming realness. but... it feels a little more like an anchor with the next statement stormy murmurs. as if illeana might just slip through the cracks of a chipped cup and spill onto the tiles.

maybe it isn't a bad thing.

she doesn't want to entertain the thought and yet, she does. what would inaction look like? would it make her smart or a coward? how many variables does she need to consider when pondering the equation? god... it can't just be simple, can it? "i-" a pause, a hesitation. there's concerns and possibilities that supply the statement, that much she understands, but are concerns enough for her to just remain idle? to remain tucked away like a precious trinket in a cabinet? she isn't sure, not anymore. "i know but how does one just sit by and do nothing?" it's soft, as if it got lost somewhere along the way and gave into the terror that comes with.

a sigh escapes the scientist and she's shifting closer, pressing her face into stormy's skin until her words are muffled and her feelings are jumbled. "they say i'm too valuable to risk on the field anymore." the explanation tastes bitter, now that she thinks about it.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]