Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
rage, riddles, and resolutions [c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 19:10:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

The more Selena talked, the more Kaida's heart pounded. A monster that destroyed a city being controlled the same way as a Pokemon? Without a portal to even announce that it had arrived? Even still, she appeared calm enough, face steeled and only appearing a little upset. A fine personality to discuss this with, as she didn't seem too freaked out, though fear found itself rooted inside. [break][break]

Kaida tried not to droop. In all honesty, her death was never private. Everyone already knew, and she didn't think it was correct to say she ever had much privacy, or even cared. Still, talking for her own death, not even knowing how people would react, was rather frightening. "I never got to the roots, I only saw the explosion happen, and then tried to escape." Her smile was a show of bared teeth, "And then I suppose this got interesting. I might have been able to look down and see it...but then I died." Her nails skipped over the water bottle, digging into her own fingers, "It came from the area of the explosion, very fast, a type of biting attack." One of her hands broke away and rubbed her side, "Sorry, I never got to see what happened to the creature, or who even attacked me."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Interview!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 8:48:21 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“Wait, so are you saying those who might have killed you are also the ones responsible for the blacephalon reappearance and the tree’s destruction?” Selena was also there. The fact would not appear quite a shock. But it was not just for television rankings; trying to talk about the experience with someone else was riveting. “We actually have a short footage here of the explosion, if you don’t mind us showing?”

The studio did not need Kaida’s answer, however. They were already playing the clip as soon as Selena mentioned the word ‘explosion.’

The video showed total darkness until pink and blue hues projected on-screen. These came from what appeared like a disco ball which then eruptes into a blinding white light. “Our team was trying to make sense of the recording but we only understood once people mentioned Slateport.” The reporter eyed her subject before proceeding to the next inquiry. “Do you have any idea why they tried to kill you?”

ooc: lezzgo
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 17:26:22 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"It feels crazy, but possible." Kaida answered as if Selena wasn't there, not sure how much she had actually seen. It was all too convenient for so many events to be interconnected, and she doubted it was the fault of those that stopped the monster before. Unlike some, she tried to believe in her allies, at least to believe they were trying to accomplish something logical. [break][break]

The explosion didn't even resemble the traditional explosion, lingering under her eyes as the colors faded away, and yet her stomach flipped, swirling nausea whitening her face. "You got a video?" Her eyes brightened, "Then they can see, it was there, and someone must have had it." Idiots, the whole lot of those that found it easier to believe a hero would turn evil, than an enemy could suddenly appear. [break][break]

"Did kill me." Kaida corrected glumly, "It happened fast but, when the explosion happened, I tried to jump on a Braviary that escaped from where the explosion happened." She looked up seriously, no time to doubt what she was saying, "There was a man on the Braviary too, and when I jumped, then someone attacked." She pulled her lips down, struggling to keep a neutral face, "Maybe they killed me for the opportunity of it, or maybe they were protecting an ally of theirs." She believed the second option more, if only to believe the enemy was more logical than spite, but the option was still there. [break][break]

"I have to find them for this, if something didn't bring me back, I'd be dead right now. I can't accept that."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 20:00:31 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The best thing about this interview was the discovery she was finding questions after questions with Kaida. Similar to how the journalist conducted her non-traditional gym challenges, it was like a mystery room with only Ormr by her side, locked up inside a chamber, unraveling riveting riddles.

But there was a part inside Selena hoping the answers untangled were never true. Because if that was the case, then maybe Zorya’s death will be in vain. Maybe all of them were doomed to die that day and only a few got the chance to live again.

Selena watched Kaida squirmed answering her questions. The interviewee was good at hiding things, for even if she could see her discomfort behind the cool demeanor, the camera would not be able to capture it anyway. “I’m sorry,” the reporter was immediate after the interviewer corrected her. “I actually believe the second more than the first,” she admitted, her eyes focused on her subject. “But if that’s the case, then what are they protecting their ally from? And why does the target have to be you?”

She understood the anger that was driving to even accept this interview. If their hunch was correct, then they needed to see the end of this: who killed who and who was responsible for the the blacephalon. Right now, they already accomplished the task of setting the foundations of discourse.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 4:05:04 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Sorry. Dammit, she didn't want an apology out of that, "Don't be, it's not your fault." She neglects to specify, uncertain if Selena had made her own involvement public knowledge, clearly any news could easily twist her own credibility...and it wasn't lying if she just chose not to speak what happened. [break][break]

She wanted her hands to be moving, to gain some kind of control over her own situation, but she kept them still. More polite. More normal. Less simple. Finding out the Beast had been present, that their enemy was far more powerful was disheartening, yet comforting. At least she hasn't died to weaklings. That gave her some kind of pride, however misplaced. [break][break]

"And thank you." Nice to know that someone also believed in her. Her own views on her killer's motives were similarly simplistic, but felt right, "Capture? Harming them, maybe. Perhaps I would have found something important if...if I got them." Would it had been something involving the Briviary, the one on the Pokemon? No way of knowing now. [break][break]

"I think they must have seen an opportunity and," Her hand sliced across her chest, "Took it. I was a pretty easy target in the air." Her rescuers were so close, yet they weren't attacked, so it might have simply been a split-second decision, "The less of their enemies that survived, the better for them, right? Glad nobody else was killed dragging me out." She didn't say anymore, but a slight smile appeared on her face, the brief happiness directed at Selena. [break][break]

Perhaps it was a miracle all her Pokemon and allies survived. If it took that excruciating pain, and the dull burning that pestered her, she would take it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 2:42:27 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“I agree with that,” Selena returned the gesture when smiled towards her. The experience was still vivid in her memories. The crying , the moaning pokémons, the lifeless woman at death’s door. She would be crying with the man in drag, too, if she was not processing herself the death of Zorya.

But at least one of them survived.

“Last questiom about the attack,” the reporter pointed out hastily, afraid she might forget. “Did you notice anything distinct from the braviary? Any sign of recognition? Some sort of identification?”

Selena was hopeful and she hoped Kaida was as well. “I imagine we can retrace the identity of these killers with the people present in the venue and the pokémons they brought with them—staff and visitors included.”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 18:53:33 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida hadn't got a very good look at the Braviary, but even she could note something was off about it. "I thought the Braviary was a little...odd." Pokemon were strong, but she didn't think most Pokemon were capable of breaking through a ceiling that easily while flying, never stopping. [break][break]

"When I saw the Braviary, it broke through the ceiling without stopping. I just thought it was strange, because I didn't think a Pokemon was capable of being so strong and fast so suddenly." She shook her head, "I don't know, it just struck me. I know Braviary are strong, but it felt different." It wasn't like mega evolution, a drastic and obvious change, but there was something there. [break][break]

"There was lots of Pokemon present, but we could probably tell which were known and which showed up with those attackers...it's a good idea." She praised quietly, feeling she could have helped identify escaping Pokemon had she not been attacked. She'd just have to rely on such people like Selena, they seemed good.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Interview! Mega evolve (1/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 17:14:22 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“You think so, too?” Kaida’s words only affirmed Selena’s hunch from the beginning—that not only the blacephalon was strange but the other pokémons as well. Had they become strong before they arrived or was it the tree’s doing? After all, she experienced first hand the adrenaline coursing through her veins at the tree’s pulsation, though it did not made her that powerful, only numb from pain.

But maybe its effects were not for everyone.

“I think this relates to the last part of our interview,” Selena hinted Kaida she would be dropping the bomb now. The reporter did not want to add further insult to the injury but she promised her this would help Kaida process things about her death and resurrection. “Tell us something about death. And how does it feel to be alive again?”

ooc: bingo-prompt [2/4]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 18:24:39 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She knew the question was coming, and she really thought she was ready, but her stomach still felt rock-hard when it finally happened. Perhaps it had affected her more than she would know, but the woman would never admit that. Her face lost some of its color as she hastened back to memories that should have never existed. [break][break]

"Like...sleeping." A small laugh escaped her. All those at home who were expecting an existential answer like "floating through the air like a Wingull" or "shooting towards the sky" were likely to be disappointed. It wasn't like she had even died properly, how were her memories supposed to tell anything about all this? "I didn't even know I had died when I woke up, I just tried to ignore the fact I woke up in a morgue..." How foolish, to ignore such an obvious happening. [break][break]

The burning nestled in her side stirred, she had gotten used to it except in its worst, which it seemed to delight in being whenever she tried to think about this logically. Now she just felt like she was going to throw up. "And now, I-I feel...like there's nothing I can ever do to pay this back." Any other debt, anything else, she could always pay back. How did one repay a second life? [break][break]

She silenced, eyes down, clearly done talking and unwilling to delve more into it. Was that enough for the show?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Interview! Like a Wingull (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 10:30:53 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena caught the woman staring down the floor, hesitation clearly visible on her snow-white face. If she could just let things be easy to be dealt with then she would have done it, otherwise could easily disrupt this interview with possible uncontrolled frustrations and anxiety.

The reporter called on her interviewee with a reassuring look, she might found a way to make their conversation easy.

“From what I say, and perhaps the watchers, too: you are not to be blamed for your death. You don’t need to pay anything back. It is a gift.” Selena folded on her cues, improvising questions as she went on with the interview. Kaida was more comfortable with facts than feelings, and it would be best to continue their momentum from the start. “Speaking of gift, what do you think is the source of this present? Is it possible that the tree caused this kind of miracle?”

ooc: bingo-prompt [3/4]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 23:22:36 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

A gift? Kaida's lips pulled into an odd grimace, almost appearing like a smile except for the fact she appeared no happier. "Maybe." She spoke, rather unbelieving but having no proof for it. Who gave things to a stranger that was this important without a reason? Who knew? Perhaps trees thought different from humans, that would explain it, like Pokemon. [break][break]

"I, for one, believe it was the tree." A beautiful tree that sprung up out of nowhere, and a miracle like resurrection happening near the tree? Too specific to be just a coincidence, "It didn't pick any of the Pokemon, though, wonder why." It was dying, maybe there was nothing to be done about it. [break][break]

She dwelt a little longer on the implications. So they had a tree that possessed miracle powers and somebody cut it down out of evil? It made her want to scream. Utter pointlessness...but she couldn't. Rage was when you were fighting. For the sake of this tree and herself, she needed a coldness, like she was deciding what to eat. Revenge was a dish most delicious when it was cold, after all.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Interview! Revenge is a dish best served cold (3/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 4:06:30 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena could tell Kaida was not satisfied with her answer, her bottom lip partially bitted before blood seeped out. The feelings of one will always be an enigma for the Kalosian, but having this interview with her was enough to get to know her and actually help her overcome her ill-feelings from what happened.

“Yeah, that was kind of sad,” the reporter could only sympathize. After all, it was one of her pokémons that succumbed and never returned back to life. “I believe our researchers are more than capable to examine the properties of the tree. In the near future, we may understand this strange phenomena that was Littleroot.”

Selena turned to look at Kaida. “To be honest, Kaida, there’s a part of me that’s worried with this research, though. If our hunch is correct, then it would be very dangerous if it is placed in the wrong hands. At best, it could be the advent of another technological innovation in the region. At worst, it could become another source of chaos that will dismantle peace and order in Hoenn.”

ooc: interview!
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 0:22:11 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Could they really research a whole property of resurrection, and then use it? It sounded impossible, but Kaida knew better than to think of the impossible sounding as truly impossible anymore. "That would be very nice, those Pokemon deserve to come back." Sympathy drenched her words, having none of the nervousness that plagued her when she talked of her own death. [break][break]

But of course there was more. [break][break]

"But it could already be in wrong hands." She grumbled miserably, "Seems to me chaos was already around, if they were able to take down the tree so quickly...they might be researching it too. Really, why not research it? Someone will find it out eventually, and I'd rather anybody but the ones that killed me." If anything, that could work as a reason they destroyed the tree, to cut off their access to it. Burning down a land so that nobody else could use it. The tactic was clever if it were true.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Interview! (3/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 5:54:12 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

’s words rung true as a chills ran past through Selena’s nape. Zorya did not deserve to die—as much as she would blame her death for her own greediness—she had come to accept the fact that others were to blame for her demise. If the tree’s powers could really reincarnate pokémons, then those who have availed its samples should give it back to the people of Hoenn, especially those whose partners have died in the incident.

But such power is so threatening she could not even grasp the repercussions of having such power.

“If that’s the case, then we’re really in a lot of trouble,” the reporter agreed. “What do you think the League should prioritize doing in order to protect the region from any possible threats following the Littleroot incident?”

ooc: interview!
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 7:05:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Sadness and a deep grumble of anger fought for dominion in Kaida's stomach, something she sencierely hoped nobody could hear. It was stupid to be so distressed over something not even physically encroaching on her, she thought. Maybe Selena asking for her opinion-on the League's actions!-wrenched her out of it, balking slightly as a familiar excuse crawled its way up her throat, "I don't think I'm smart enough..." [break][break]

She'd been trying hard not to look upon her singular audience, but finally broke to glance over at the Ekans loyally waiting for her to finish. Earnest. Simple. Above all, primal. She'd be conceited to believe she knew something on something she never was taught, but she never would say her way of thinking was useless to them. "...but..." She coughed, bottle plopping onto her lap as she stated at her hands momentarily, a message flicking through her mind in their movements she tried to decipher to spoken words, and continued, "I'd just say, protect what's ours," An animal idea. Territory was to be defended with tooth and nail. An enemy not stronger than them was to be confronted. As far as Kaida knew, they were not stronger than her. "That tree was ours, anything special like that pops up, we need defense, not a contest. W-we got power, we have to use it for our defense!" She wasn't talking about the half-assed guards they had left there. She was talking about her betters, those that sat idly in a contest or away, when she would think they'd be just as curious, even just paranoid. The white of her teeth showed briefly, a frustration yet relief flowing out of her as she spoke the words and, hopefully, thought they'd be heard. [break][break]

Suddenly composing herself, Kaida sat stock-still. Her hands didn't move anymore, her teeth were firmly held in her lips. Putting the fake politeness on like a leash, she followed it to the natural conclusion, "Sorry...those are just simple words, I thought I'd just leave something." Words meant nothing, but words on this media seemed to influence plenty, she only hoped their efforts were enough.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Interview! (3/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay