awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
rage, riddles, and resolutions [c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 7:25:16 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Protect from whom? If Selena was not careful enough, she would let those words spill from her mouth and resonate in the conscience of her audience. Of course had her hunch: she had been at the tail of Team Rocket ever since their rise to the top and their unanticipated downfall. But to give it so callously without any piece of evidence is unethical at best and scandalous at worst.

She just hoped she could dig more.

“Simple words but with profound meaning,” the reporter backed Kaida, her last words should bear the true plight of Hoenn. “No one really said anything about the past few months of ineffective handling of these crises. It’s time to put it out there and make a stand,” she returned to her interviewee, “And I think you’re really brave to take this interview.”

Her gaze went back to the cameras as she made her final spiel, “And that’s it for today, Hoenn. I hope this interview gave you some insights about what really transpired in Littleroot. This is Selena Desmarais and you’re seeing from the Vantage.”

The director yelled cut, microphones finally laid down as the staff went on organizing their exit while Selena stood from her couch before reaching Kaida. “Thank you for joining us today! I apologize for any hard-hitting question you had to endure. I hope I didn’t reopen any fresh wounds.”

ooc: interview!
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 23:23:08 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Kaida didn't realize she was smiling her dangerously happy smile. Fighting to protect was all she desired, and for once she thought the message was coming across. If anything, at least Selena thought she was brave. "Thanks, I'm just talking, though..." If anyone was brave, it was somebody interviewing a resurrected person. That wasn't normal or right. A less brave person would certainly be rattled. [break][break]

She had been prepared for the interview to carry on, and blinked in near confusion as it abruptly ended, thankfully only after the cut had been called. Wearily, she got to her feet, already fondly reaching out her arms to take up the Ekans already rapidly slithering towards her. Even separated for a little had been worse than she thought. [break][break]

"I knew what we were going to be talking about, don't worry, Selena." She assured in her steady way, "I hope people listen, you make things sound reasonable." From her discussion about the tree and their enemies, it had all sounded so very logical...Kaida supposed she was lucky that she knew Selena, it only made her words sound actually substantial. "I'm happy I came, better than being in front of the bright lights of people I don't know."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Interview! (3/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 21:01:59 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
’s reassuring words only made Selena smile and breathe with pure relief. Before she could even let go of her, she reached for something in her dress’s pocket and raised the miniature token of her gym’s sigil: the mustery badge.[break][break]

“Before I forgot, take this,” she took Kaida’s hands. “The mystery badge is all about intuition. I think you followed yours today that’s why you succeeded in finishing this interview.”[break][break]

Her gaze shifted from the lasy to her pokémon who fastly approached her, “Besides, you’re here with your pokémon to support you. It’s almost like my non-traditional challenge.”[break][break]

She offered her hand for Kaida to shake. “I hope we can unravel more things together in the future. See you next time!”[break][break]

[break]Selena stayed up all night finishing her article for the latest Vantage newspaper release. After writing her closing marks, she hit the send button and turned in to sleep.[break][break]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]
[attr=class,punkianger]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SELENA DESMARAIS

[attr=class,lyric1]
in-depth analysis of littleroot incident

[attr=class,lyric2]
uprooting littleroot

[attr=class,bulk]
LITTLEROOT TOWN—After several months now, mysteries still haunt the unexpected conclusion of the coordinator contest in Littleroot after the giant oak tree destroyed, two civilians dead and questionably resurrected, and the reemergence of the Slateport nightmare: the blacephalon.[break][break]

The council has yet to make a statement regarding the issue but Elite Ranger , one of the civilians in question, came to light to give insights about that unfateful day. [break][break]

When asked about why she went to the contest hall at that time, she said she “felt [the tree] was easy to harm by anyone who wanted to.” [break][break]

After the sudden growth of the tree, Macros Cosmos, a Galar-based corporation also involved in the data breach incident of Blades & Bulwarks VRMMORPG, seemingly acquired rights to inspect the phenomenon covered by a pokémon contest. [break][break]

The smooth operation also raises more questions to the event organizers, considering how the perpetrators could easily navigate the area without being caught. Adachi had her opinions about them as well, considering how she knew she was killed by people possibly responsible too for the death of the tree. [break][break]

Other than that, reports saying the blacephalon was present at the incident raised suspicions especially on those who were also seen at the Slateport incident. Up to this date, no one knows the status of this beast, if it is still a loose threat to the region or a walking disaster in captivity. Its return raises concern for Hoennians if they will ever feel safe in this region again. [break][break]

At this point, no one can say when will the people can trust the League again to defend them. The authorities should take these past few incidents with a grain of salt as they improve on their handling of all these welfare issues. [break][break]

“Protect what’s ours,” Adachi said with conviction. “That tree was ours, anything special like that pops up, we need defense, not a contest.” [break][break]

Hoenn is the tree, and we can see it crumbling by the powers of unknown evils—unless we take a stand. ###

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]
ADVERTISEMENTS

Need a writing job? Join the Vantage now!

[attr=class,punkiangercredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger .accentbg"]background: #C93F4A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .accentborder"]border-color: #C93F4A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a, .punkianger .bulk b, .punkianger .bulk i, .punkiangercredit a"]color: #C93F4A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/WKzNV3p/A442-D71-F-1038-4313-889-A-8-F21-D7-E60-EF9.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #f0f0f0; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #3e3e3e; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #fff; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #fff; min-height: 12px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; text-align: justify; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiangercredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiangercredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]

ooc: interview!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago