sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 15:12:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Her arms are full of supplies fit for a barbeque. Anxiety is written all over her face, of course, because she's showing up unannounced. She'd probably texted - asked to talk - been left on read, or maybe she hadn't finished the message. Regardless, she's here now and visibly uncomfortable.[break][break]

The way they'd left things back in Pacifidlog had been tense and uncomfortable. She hadn't seen or talked to him since because she'd convinced herself he didn't want to see her again.[break][break]

But she was just as stubborn as she was stupid most days, and she'd taken it upon herself to at least try to mend things.[break][break]

And her idea of mending included feeding him at his own place. She juggles the bag of groceries in one arm while reaching out to knock on his door.[break][break]

"Lance? I-I'm sorry for dropping in like this. I have a peace offering. And... and I really think we should talk."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 15:26:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

it would have been by dumb to show up at lance's doorstep on a tuesday and expect the man to be home. but factor in the fact that he's recovering from being harpooned in the leg and maybe it isn't so dumb after all.[break][break]

"be careful when you eat on the couch."[break][break]

the kubfu peers up from the apple in his hands and furrows his eyebrows, clearly annoyed that he now has to eat with caution. booli takes another bite, this time smaller, and is careful to not let anything drip on the couch.[break][break]

"good boy."[break][break]

the knock on his door is barely audible over the television. a surfing competition is currently being aired, and while some might not consider it a real sport, he does, but that's mostly because he partakes in it. he opens the door and greets his guest.[break][break]

"what's the peace offering for?" he asks, confused, but still reaches out to help her with the bag of groceries. he carries it with one arm and heads towards the kitchen while she explains.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 15:39:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

She hadn't even thought about it being a Tuesday, she had just shown up on a whim because she acted on impulse. It's just a happy coincidence and a relief to everyone involved that Lance actually is home.[break][break]

After rapping her knuckles against the door, she shifts her weight to catch one of the bags that's slipping. She gasps as the door opens - maybe surprised it even opened at all. His confusion mirrors hers when she sees no distaste in his attention.[break][break]

She's without a response for a moment as he helps her with the second bag. Her arm is bandaged up but she seems oblivious to it and whatever discomfort she may have had while carrying the peace offering.[break][break]

"I brought supplies for a barbeque."[break][break]

It's a dumb response because that isn't what he asked.[break][break]

She follows after him, nudging the door closed to his seashore house before making her way with him to the kitchen. She notices the Kubfu on the couch and it helps her relax.[break][break]

"I want to apologize for Pacifidlog. You asked me a question and I deflected and--"[break][break]

She sighs, using the entirety of her body to stand on her tiptoes and push the groceries onto the counter. She picks through them as a way to mull through her thoughts, to choose her words carefully. She's brought varying flavours of barbeque sauce, different meats to throw on the barbeque.[break][break]

"You have a barbeque right? You have a house by the beach - I just assumed."[break][break]

Stop deflecting, Stormy.[break][break]

She clears her throat, eyes lingering on her open palms for a second longer than she wanted.[break][break]

"The truth is - I don't really know what that was either. Something happened to me a few months ago, before new years. I'm still trying to process it and what's happening to me."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 15:54:23 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

the kubfu also notices her but the only reaction booli gives is an up-down movement of his head; some might call it the sup nod. he returns then to watching television and eating his apple, content with the simple things in life.[break][break]

"yes it came with the house. it's out back."[break][break]

but they both know she's deflecting. he places the grocery bag on the counter and starts unpacking it, placing item on the marble countertops. he only stops when she finally says what she came here to say; for that, he gives her his full attention and turns to look at her.[break][break]

"it's fine, stormy. i appreciate you telling me but what i said still stands, at least until you have a better understanding of it."[break][break]

lance is over it. the tone in his voice and the smile he gives her say as much. he reaches out to place a hand on her shoulder, perhaps hoping it would bring her some form of comfort.[break][break]

"i hope you're okay with that."[break][break]

he returns to unpacking the contents of the grocery bag, eyeing up the various meats and sauces she bought for them.[break][break]

"how's your arm?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 16:09:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"No, it's not fine, Lance."[break][break]

She sets something down with a thud, pulling her hands away and burying them in the bag again. [break][break]

He places his hand on her shoulder and it's a comfort because she hadn't thought he would come anywhere near her again. But he's smiling and his demeanor is nonchalant. Instead of bringing her comfort, however, it makes her feel less okay.[break][break]

"I'm not. It's why I've been practicing."[break][break]

Before, she hadn't been able to control it. She could conjure fire only when she was under extreme duress - anger, fear, pain. But Lance's words had hurt - losing her partner because of what she had done hurt.[break][break]

She blinks, glancing at her arm. She twists it to take a look at the bandaging. It's still clean, so she shrugs.[break][break]

"It's fine."[break][break]

But she's focused on something else.[break][break]

"I want to show you something. Grab whatever you're hungry for - I didn't know what you liked so I got some of everything. You can keep whatever is left over."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 16:22:56 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

she's stubborn should he really be all that surprised? his eyes drift over to the wide selection spread out across the counter. she wasn't kidding when she said she got some of everything. he grabs a pack of bacon, spare ribs, and a few bottles of sauce before walking towards the back of the house, which connects to the beach, so depending on where one is standing from it could be seen as the front of the house? he digresses.[break][break]

"stay put, booli," he stops by the couch for a short second to change the channel to an animation about martial arts. booli clenches his fists and jumps up on the couch, ready to mimic the characters on screen. it brings a warm smile to lance's face as he steps out.[break][break]

the barbecue rests against the wall without any charcoal in it but he has a suspicion it won't be needing any. he places the meat and sauce on a table and turns to stormy.[break][break]

"what is it you want to show me?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 16:39:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy picks her way across his living room and to the patio area where the barbeque is. For a moment she hesitates, footsteps slowing as she marvels in how stunning the view is. It's downright beautiful.[break][break]

But Lance brushes past her with his arms full of bacon and ribs and sauce and she follows him.[break][break]

The woman casts a glance over her shoulder in time to watch Booli put up his fists and dance around on the couch, mimicking the characters on the screen. She smiles.[break][break]

She pulls her attention back and closes the door just a bit behind her as she approaches Lance. He asks her what she's going to show him and she sucks in a breath.[break][break]

"Stand behind me a little bit, I need to focus."[break][break]

But first, she's got a plate handy that she uses to prepare the ribs and sauce them up. Can't forget that crucial step.[break][break]

Stormy holds her hands over the grill for a moment, brow furrowing as she concentrates. Slowly but surely, her body warms up and flows to her hands. She's igniting the grill herself without the use of charcoal or anything. A bead of sweat crawls down her temple as she focuses on not letting it get out of hand.[break][break]

"I've been... practicing..."[break][break]

She pants between syllables, releasing the effort when the grill is effectively lit. She shakes her hands and the flames disappear.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 16:54:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

he supposes he should be more worried about this power she has: the ability to conjure and control fire. it seems so fictional that he finds it hard to believe. but he's seen it before with his own eyes, and he's seeing it again right now. he takes a step back when she tells him to and watches in wonder.[break][break]

"i don't understand it, but it's impressive."[break][break]

the air around them is warm and quiet; he appreciates their little bubble as he peers out at the beach. he's unsure of how else to respond. there are things he wants to know but he suspects she won't have the answers for him, at least not yet. but he decides on a question that he alread knows the answer to.[break][break]

"what happens when you lose control?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 17:01:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

She's scared. Scared of him turning away from her, scared of him being afraid. Her eyes search his face with desperation, but all she can find is the wonder in his expression. That, if it's even possible, worries her more.[break][break]

Perhaps she had been looking for him to be afraid, waiting for him to reject her a second time.[break][break]

"I completed an ancient ritual on Mt. Chimney to summon Moltres. I rescued it and it rescued me in return. I-I think it's a part of me now."[break][break]

Her expression becomes pinched and exasperated, however, when he asks a difficult question. [break][break]

"I won't. I can't lose control. I was given this gift to protect - I'll control it. I don't want to hurt anyone, least of all you."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 17:24:49 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

it reads like a true origin story: rescued a mythical creature only to be bestowed its power in return. little of it makes sense to him but perhaps it doesn't have to. there's no other logical explanation for any of this, so what she says, no matter how illogical, must be true. but despite that line of thought, that isn't what makes him believe her. it's something else entirely.[break][break]

"i trust you."[break][break]

lance steps off to the side to drag a large sack over to the grill. he pulls the cooking grate up, careful to not burn himself, before reaching back down to start moving pieces of charcoal over. he continues speaking; his tone relaxed.[break][break]

"take as long as you need to control it. if anyone's able to do it, it'd be you."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 17:37:53 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

It's a good thing she had set the brush down because it might have slipped from her fingers. Those three words turn her stomach inside out and she bites her cheek so as to not cry.[break][break]

She says nothing because she's afraid she might ruin it, make him change his mind. So instead she just watches him with a look of relief and shock, eyes following him as he moves to fill the barbeque with charcoal. She steps out of his way, hands close to her body.[break][break]

"Okay."[break][break]

She sounds breathless, and there's more she wants to say, to ask. But this is a step and she'll take it. She won't ruin it.[break][break]

She takes a deep breath as she peels her gaze away from him so as to not be caught staring, and to the barbeque that already smells like heaven.[break][break]

"I hope you're hungry."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:03:29 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

with a few clicks of a button, the grill ignites. he brings the cooking grate back down and wastes no time to reach for the plate of meat that had been marinating for a few minutes. they would've been marinating for hours on a regular barbecue day, but he'll have to compromise for a few minutes instead because he's starving.[break][break]

"i'm always hungry."[break][break]

the meats sizzle on the grill to produce a mouthwatering smell that rises in the air. "help yourself to drinks in the fridge. and grab more food if you want, i'll help cook." it's only fair since she bought everything. he turns his head to look at the kubfu through the window. the little fighting-type is holding a dachi stance as he watches the show.[break][break]

"booli! come get your food."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:20:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy's attention remains on the sizzling sauce and the mouthwatering aroma. But Lance suggests grabbing drinks and she nods before pushing off of whatever she might have been leaning on.[break][break]

As she makes her way inside she sidesteps and opens the door for Booli to come tumbling past her when his name is called.[break][break]

Once inside, Stormy rummages through the fridge, squatting down to the bottom to look for supplies for a salad or veggie tray. She stays inside, using his countertop to prepare the extra food to go along with the meat. For a second, she forgets she left the fridge open, so she gives it a soft kick with her toe. It closes.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:40:12 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

a piece of bacon is being fried on the grill and by the time booli comes barreling out like a crazed lycanroc, it's ready to be served. what great timing from the young fighting-type. booli leaps at lance, wrapping his arms around his trainer's leg, and only by sheer strength does lance remain on his feet.[break][break]

"still not strong enough to tackle me to the ground, huh?"[break][break]

the comment seems to outrage the kubfu. he drops to the ground and starts delivering rapid punches to lance's leg. they start out soft but they quickly increase in power, much like a CLOSE COMBAT, to the point that lance has to stop grilling for a second to scoop down to pick booli up. lance lifts the kubfu and sits him down on a small wall next to the steps that lead down to the beach.[break][break]

"okay, okay, you're very strong, booli. please forgive me."[break][break]

and as a peace offering, lance extends him a single strip of bacon that's cooked until it's nice and crispy. booli grabs it and holds it with both hands before taking small bites out of it, perhaps learning to do so after the apple incident earlier.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sunny side up [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:48:13 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

From inside, Stormy pauses in her efforts for food prep in order to watch the adorable display between Lance and Booli. She sets down the knife, setting it aside as she leans against the counter to admire the interaction.[break][break]

She's smiling quite plainly as the Kubfu beats against the man's leg feverishly, outraged over something that had been said. The cub had changed drastically from the rascal she had first obtained. Lance seemed to have a way with the kid.[break][break]

When Lance picks up the bear, however, to feed it the strip of bacon, Stormy grows awkward on the off chance she's caught staring a second time. She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear that continues to fall in front of her face, but she eventually finishes what she's doing in order to return. [break][break]

"I come bearing snacks!"[break][break]

Her announcement is warm and she struggles to close the door behind her when she arrives.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay