Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 12:45:32 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,howitzer]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
the lies we

[attr=class,lyric2]
tell ourselves

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
pulling the wool from their eyes...

[attr=class,bulk]It wasn't often he called on others to share a drink, and generally when he did, there was a special occasion to be celebrated. But as the reflection in his glass reveals a less-than-satisfied, glowering expression, it's clear that this is an exception to the rule. As he swishes around its contents, he looks to the door whenever it opens, the ringing of a bell alerting him to entrants. No sign of Derek as of yet, but he remained hopeful.[break][break]

had been alerted earlier that day by Adrian to appear at a particular bar & grille in Slateport's Lower District, where he hoped they could have a little chat and catch up. He had an ulterior motive, but he would be lying to suggest he wasn't a little curious about Derek's circumstances for leaving and subsequently returning to Hoenn. A curious turnabout that he might come to understand soon.[break][break]

He's polished off his drink, yet he's hardly touched his grilled unfezant.

tags [break]
"UNFEZANT" bingo prompt
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

[attr=class,howitzercredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.howitzer .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .accentborder, .howitzer .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .accenttext, .howitzer .bulk b, .howitzer .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/gNyu5F.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .lyric1, .howitzer .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .lyric1 div, .howitzer .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 20px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.howitzer .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzercredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzercredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 13:44:45 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]
and the point of the tooth

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
nothing has ever lived that will not die

[attr=class,bulk][break]Another chime from the bell rang out as the door opened and closed for Derek. A hesitant pace quickly turned swift once his eyes caught a glimpse of , who seemed to have been waiting for some extent of time. Their glass had been emptied, though the same could not be said for his poultry.

[break][break]

"You don't seem to like the Unfezant." Derek mentions as he seats himself, a rogue hand gesturing in the air for someone to wait on him. Ordering a double shot of rum, spiced, the ranger quickly downs it in order to catch up to wherever Adrian was currently at.

[break][break]

"Something the matter? You don't usually get a hold of me like this. Or ever, really." Concern for what could be called a friend was there, though vaguely. It was more-so the interest of why a civilian of renown wanted anything to do with a 'washed up' trainer-turned-ranger. But perhaps he really did just need somebody to have a few drinks with. And there was nothing wrong with that.

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

[attr=class,derekpost8credit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentborder, .derekpost8 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accenttext, .derekpost8 .bulk b, .derekpost8 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/77/5d/WRdoBNJj_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(20,20,20,0.1),rgba(20,20,20,0.2));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1, .derekpost8 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1 div, .derekpost8 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 16px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 2:45:50 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,howitzer]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
the lies we

[attr=class,lyric2]
tell ourselves

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]"Hey. How've you been?" Derek can't help but feel the pleasantries are just that.[break][break]

"I wanted to ask you some questions. Clear my mind." Adrian holds up a peace sign, but the bartender knows well enough to bring a second glass for Adrian. It goes down harsh, stinging his throat raw. Derek can drink. He breathes through his nose to avoid the sensation, though it sounds more like a snorting huff of annoyance.[break][break]

"You were a Gym Leader once, right? What exactly does that entail; What were your goals, outside of facilitating League Challenges?" Adrian wanted an idea of the workplace culture of the League: Did they join to help facilitate Gym Challenges alone, or were they expected to act as militant protectors in their sector? Might they have a code of conduct or anything of the sort, when acting in the League's alleged interests? Or were they simply adapting to Rocket's resurgence? He wanted to know.[break][break]

He pushes away his plate, dissatisfied with its contents.

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

[newclass=.howitzer .accentborder, .howitzer .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .accenttext, .howitzer .bulk b, .howitzer .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/gNyu5F.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .lyric1, .howitzer .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .lyric1 div, .howitzer .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 20px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.howitzer .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzer .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzercredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.howitzercredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 12:54:54 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Better than you, I reckon." Things were looking up for the ex-gym leader turned ranger, as Adrian clued at shortly after. For whatever reason, he was curious about the scope of his aspirations in said position. Which, to be frank, Derek didn't do it because he enjoyed the gym challenges. Many of them were established trainers simply seeking to add to their many accolades. For him, the goal of accepting a challenge was to instill some kind of learning experience. But what was a novice gym leader to impart upon members of the elite four, or other gym leaders who'd been around since before he came to Hoenn?

[break][break]

"It's a bit of a loaded question, but to take it from top to bottom—My goal was to become a better trainer, while also helping others do the same if possible. As for the the rest..." The next line of thought was unsatisfying to think about, as Derek was critical of his failures.

[break][break]

"It's in the name, really. That authority comes with responsibility. You're meant to be a leader to your city. Somebody to rally behind. An active part of the community." That's what Derek took from it, at the least. "So what's that got to do with clearing your mind?"

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentborder, .derekpost8 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accenttext, .derekpost8 .bulk b, .derekpost8 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/77/5d/WRdoBNJj_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(20,20,20,0.1),rgba(20,20,20,0.2));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1, .derekpost8 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1 div, .derekpost8 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 16px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 14:07:39 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,howitzer]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
the lies we

[attr=class,lyric2]
tell ourselves

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]"About a year ago I had a run-in with some unsavory sorts," Adrian admitted reluctantly, setting his glass to the side while considering the weight of his words if he misspoke. "Some number of officials pulling the 'greater good' act, trying to accost me for something they believed I shouldn't have in my possession."[break][break]

Adrian huffs with incredulity before grabbing for a cigarette.[break][break]

"I'm not exactly of the mind to disagree with their stance outright, mind you. But I hadn't so much as picked up a curio before they began targeting me with extreme prejudice." They had proven themselves thugs seeking to intimidate and coerce him through whatever means they deemed necessary. It'd been an arbitrary decision that he felt ill-suited the League's agenda, and would prove demonstrably damaging to their already jeopardized reputation if it came to light.[break][break]

With a coffin nail and lighter in hand, he invokes a time honored ritual.[break][break]

"I've never known the League to attack its citizens unprovoked. Surely there are processes they must adhere by?" Adrian eyed Derek with a level of concern.

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 16:43:27 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"It really depends on the possession. If it was something illegal or extremely dangerous, then they can swing their authority around—try to bend rules to their benefit. Having the favor of the public tends to allow for bias justice to take place." Another helping to his drink of choice would see to it that Derek's face grew rosy and flush. Either way he looked at it, the prospect of such a thing taking place wasn't unheard of. "But it definitely sounds wrong, and worth reporting to the league. After going to the dinner held after the Sootopolis takeover, I wouldn't be surprised if there were those who would stoop lower than what was intended for their station."

[break][break]

In particular, there was one or two he felt had the gall to do such a thing. Though this was faith through ignorance, knowing nothing better of the individuals other than that instance. And those who came close to warranting suspicion were only considered because of their aggression and sudden outburst at the table. But considering the circumstances of what was lost along with the city...it was to be expected. "Do you mean to be vague, or could you elaborate on this for me?"

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 16:34:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,howitzer]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
the lies we

[attr=class,lyric2]
tell ourselves

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]It wasn't exactly illegal, but it was of course dangerous. But then, so were five year old kids running around with their daddy's Charizard. So were avatars roaming about unchecked. That didn't mean it was time to let a person's judgement dictate whether they should fly off the handle at the slightest upset. But then, it could all be boiled down to the court of public opinion. If it made the citizens of Hoenn feel safe...[break][break]

"Sorry, this one's staying locked in here 'til I can make sense of things," Adrian says after tapping his head in a gesture of secrecy. If he felt there was a case to be made, then he'd file the appropriate claims and acquire the necessary documentation. Until then he was just another patron trying to drink away his worries.[break][break]

"...But I wouldn't place my trust in the League as it is now."

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 21:29:27 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Many people feel that way." Derek's mood becomes dull and drab, having direct ties to it in the sense that he worked for the rangers. The loss of a city and growing discontent within the population for their failures spelled trouble. And the way he heard it, some members of the league were all too keen of the opportunity to use blunt force.

[break][break]

And though it certainly proved more efficient in regards to getting things done, the public eye didn't take kindly to that. And neither did those who had to stand beside said officials, even though they felt what was being done was impermissible. "But the League is the only thing stopping Team Rocket from adding Hoenn to their collection." And many felt so strongly against Rocket that they opted to overlook the misuse of power and authority. Derek was halfway there, sitting on the fence...

[break][break]

"I don't like the potential for corruption in the League, but I also don't like the idea of forfeiting another inch to a band of thugs and wealthy tyrants."

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 7:55:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,howitzer]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
the lies we

[attr=class,lyric2]
tell ourselves

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]Adrian set his drink down with an audible clank. He didn't like that.[break][break]

"Or Rocket's a convenient excuse to act just as wretched."[break][break]

Running his fingers through his hair, he related to the bulk of what Derek believed. Anyone could see that Rocket was unwelcome in Hoenn, just as it was everywhere else. But did their arrival justify extreme practices? Maybe the incident had been a one off; the end result of a loose cannon's traumatic episode. Or maybe it was a bad omen, a taste of what the League would do when they were on the back foot.[break][break]

"We stop being the good guys when we stop acting like them. If the League abandons their principles..." It wasn't really his place to decide what happened in the politics of Hoenn, but seeing that he lived here and had acquired a certain bias, it felt only appropriate to point out the elephant in the room. "If they're not careful, people will start drawing comparisons. And from there, they'll come to their own conclusions." Treat your people as you would your own enemies, and they see you for what you've done, not what you've stoof for. It was a delicate thing, their situation.

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 7:10:10 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"I doubt that." Everything was coming to a head after the Sootopolis takeover, or the incident at the soiree. Every corner you made these days seemed to reveal another conflict or dilemma of some kind. Things were getting worse. Making the league very much liable to act with less tolerance, not that it was okay to do so.

[break][break]

Though the issue of tolerance towards something made Derek wonder whether or not Adrian did something to warrant their actions. But again, the ranger sowed seeds of doubt. The story didn't add up on either end, so Derek wouldn't be the one to make something of it. That was for Adrian to figure out.

[break][break]

"Nothing about any of this is convenient. Why would the league just want to start assaulting it's citizens? To lose the faith of the people, and repeat Sootopolis all over again?" No shot. At least not in regards to the league as a collective. But one or two figureheads at the top? Perhaps. "Would you at least be willing to tell me who it is that accosted you, or is that too much?"

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 3:42:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,howitzer]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
the lies we

[attr=class,lyric2]
tell ourselves

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]"I don't want to be caught up in a slander and libel charge."[break][break]

He wasn't going to share much more concrete evidence. It was just something to ponder. "Just... don't take anyone at their word in the League. It's all ulterior motives and politics..."[break][break]

Taking a moment to tend to his drink, he stares at a news reel playing on the tele in the background; even with its sound muted, he can see the headlines scrolling past. You'd think they were just sensationalizing the news, but most of it was truthful. He shrugged it off, trying to focus on something else.[break][break]

"So what've you been up to lately? Anything you're working towards?"

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 16:52:13 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"It kinda sounds like you don't trust me." Which was fair, seeing as Derek once represented the league. And in some ways he still did, being a ranger and all. Though this sense of duty was more out of boredom, and a prior committment he'd sworn to keep. "But I guess it makes sense, considering your side of things. And you certainly don't need anymore flak coming your way 'cause of it."

Things definitely sounded like Adrian had dealt with enough already. As for his warning, Derek affirmed the notion with a simple nod. "...Lately? I mean, nothing much, really. Just work, and trying to fill out that mysterious device we got from Strings' owner for that cooking contest. Been thinking about challenging a gym or two with my days off."

Swirling around the remainder of his latest drink, Derek downed it all in one go before returning his attention back to company. "And you? Maybe you've been writing some new music? Anything like that?"
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 2:49:44 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,howitzer]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
the lies we

[attr=class,lyric2]
tell ourselves

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]He'd honestly forgotten Derek had one of the devices as well.[break][break]

"Music? Not really. Sometimes." He wasn't making a damn cent off of that hobby recently, though that was mostly for lack of trying. Truth was, he didn't need to make a living. The family trust was there for him. And as for occupying his time, well, Hoenn took care of that. Never a dull moment...[break][break]

"How far have you gotten along with yours?" It might've been a good idea to cross examine their reports; he'd never actually seen another person's own collection, although his always seemed to update sporadically. Likely theirs would show the same details, but curiosity begged the question. "I've collected a little over ten Unown-Variants, myself." Surely that only put a dent in things.

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
LET'S GRAB A DRINK

SLATEPORT LOWER DISTRICT

template by punki

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
let's grab a drink
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 5:52:57 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Well shit." The number was impressive, at least when compared to Derek's own efforts. It was almost demeaning, though the ranger hadn't exactly put it at the top of his priority list. Perhaps Adrian had, or was simply much more fortunate in his endeavors. "Only got one myself. Seems you're not far from completing the alphabet, or whatever they're supposed to make. Maybe all the symbols on a calculator?"

Rather ignorant to all of it, Derek scoffs lightly before casually drinking the rest of his latest drink. "Guess it's just a matter of time for you to finish it, then." Good on him. One more of Hoenn's mysteries solved. Couldn't hurt, right?

"Anyway, that's enough for me. Any more and I'll have to call for a ride." Drinking always lead to more drinking, and Derek relied on flying to get back home. Riding atop his pokemon at such speeds, without a proper harness, while inebriated was...well, it was a really bad idea.

"Hope to here from ya soon, alright? 'Til next time." Taking a stand and affording a soft wave before leaving, Derek promptly vacated the bar in order to release a pokemon that could take him home.

END OF THREAD