Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WE WERE STRANGERS ONCE [C]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 2:34:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
Find me in the stars again someday...

[attr=class,bulk]He stayed out here quite often these past spanning weeks, though he had yet told anyone a whiff of why, prefering solitude. In the years past, the purpose of his pilgrimage was to mourn the loss of someone loved, and while still he pitied the exploits of his younger self... He did not count himself among those trapped in their miseries any longer. Purpose had substituted for passion, but no more...[break][break]

Fingers quietly finish padding letters on a keypad to send a message. Others would be joining him soon, to share in this moment, but for now it was just him and her. Howitzer, thought never to be reborn, was returned to him now. It did little to dampen the solace her return to his life offered, but such was irrefutably true: This was not the same Howitzer. Fingers dig through her flowing mane beneath the clementine sunset, and she whines quietly into the twilight hours. His loss was reflected in her eyes, deep pools of amber with sunken bags beneath them to highlight the melancholy.[break][break]

Both of them had lost so much, but they were bonded in that way.[break][break]

"It'll get better Howie, I promise... Until then, I'm here for you..."[break][break]

Brushing against her dense coat, he looks pensively to the enshrined urn he'd placed at the summit of Mt. Pyre some two years prior. She would know what it meant, but to her, it represented something else. Someone else. The stranger that was also him.[break][break]

"Do you remember the day we met? When my father first brought you home...?" Another whine escaped Howitzer, but she pushed the brunt of her weight against him, crushing him in her warmth as she was wont to do.

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
THE SUMMIT

MT. PYRE

[attr=class,yveltalcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.yveltal .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .accentborder, .yveltal .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .accenttext, .yveltal .bulk b, .yveltal .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/ggLcT8.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1, .yveltal .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1 div, .yveltal .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.yveltal .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltalcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltalcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 18:02:11 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Rowan’s arrival was heralded by the soft beating of Pelipper wings throughout the otherwise soundless night. The Pokémon landed a short distance away from where Adrian had been sitting alongside what he’d come to understand was Howitzer, or at least so they’d said. “Hey, handsome.” Stepping across the grass, the soft shuffling of flippers signaled that Rowan wasn’t alone, the ever-so-slightly chunky form of Mistral tagging along behind him.

“This is her, then…?” A small amount of incredulity was apparent in his voice, uncertain from what means Howitzer had been resurrected. Did have something to do with this? It wasn’t without merit to assume reviving the dead was within the powers of Xerneas. “How did she…?" Rowan wanted to be happy for them, but he couldn’t help but feel cautious after everything that had happened the last few months.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 19:16:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
Find me in the stars again someday...

[attr=class,bulk]Noticing that Rowan had arrived on the soft wingflaps of a Pelipper, he leaned his head against Howitzer, cooing gently into her ear: "We've got visitors, don't be alarmed," though the twitch of her ears made him wonder if she would calm down enough to be her lively self, at least not so soon. He'd pat her side gently, stroking through the fur twice before withdrawing, rising to his full height and stepping over towards Rowan while she languished upon the grass, alone.[break][break]

"Hey Row," he croaked back with audible fatigue, approaching them with an arm outstretched for embrace, planting a single kiss upon their cheek in greeting.[break][break]

"Yeah, it's Howitzer..." How did he want to explain it? For now he snaked an arm around the thin of Row's waist until they were snug against him, Mistral plopping up beside him. Eyes shift back to the Arcanine whining softly into the night, eliciting a shimmer from his own eyes. "...But it's not my Howitzer." Adrian had made a deal with the devil he didn't know. Why should he be surprised by any of this?[break][break]

"There were these letters over the holiday that, well... They were more than letters—they had something to do with the unown report; it was pretty cryptic..." Arcanine rolled over away from them, perhaps trying to drown out the sound, or simply to satisfy some deeply visceral need. Suffice it to say, Adrian did not take it well. It wounded him, every little show of anything that wasn't outright acceptance and joy. Howitzer shouldn't have to exist like this. No one should.[break][break]

The thought of her having to make it on her own in some alternate reality was more dreadful than even this, though neither was the miracle he wished for.[break][break]

"It was a trick... He promised whatever I asked, and conjured up a place where I might seek it, using the Unown," this part was essential evidence towards a later conclusion. "Stepped through, and there I was—right where it happened the first time. Slateport Outskirts, going for that stupid briefcase..." Adrian rattled his head with distaste. "Except I died this time, and poor Howie, she was all alone there." He omitted the details of murdering Empirio Saga in a frantic scramble; it wasn't like he meant it, then. Instinct and the will to overcome were what drove him. It did not satisfy, and it did not burden him overly with guilt. "So I brought her home."[break][break]

Except it would never be the home she remembered, not really.[break][break]

Leaning against Rowan for support, he confided: "The Letters from Father Winter were a ploy by the Unown assassins. It was all pretty clever, now that I think about it..." All they had to do was ring the dinner bell, and all their victims came flocking in at the promise of reward. He was glad they hadn't gotten to Rowan.[break][break]

"Too bad they didn't count on me being such a badass," he said with snark.[break][break]

Fingers squeeze into their side while he quietly reflects on Howitzer as she has become.

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
THE SUMMIT

MT. PYRE

template by punki

[newclass=.yveltal .accentborder, .yveltal .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .accenttext, .yveltal .bulk b, .yveltal .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/ggLcT8.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1, .yveltal .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1 div, .yveltal .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltalcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 8:42:28 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Letters?” Rowan raised an eyebrow, having vaguely remembered the subject being brought up during the holidays. Now he was glad he’d neglected to write one of his own, knowing that there had been some sort of trap involved. “I’m glad you’re okay.” He reached a hand out and gently rubbed Adrian’s shoulder, stepping across the grass to get a better look at the Pokémon that was purported to be Howitzer from another universe.

“So, you were the one that died, to her?” Kneeling down on his haunches, Rowan could recognize the look in their eyes, one he’d seen in his own when he thought about losing Adrian one way or another. “I’m sorry you had to go through that, Howitzer.” He’d reach a hand out slowly, hoping to gently stroke the fur of the Arcanine, if he’d been allowed.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 10:11:11 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
find me in the stars again someday...

[attr=class,bulk]Adrian finds comfort in the littlest of gestures, but guilt is the overarching theme of his disembarkment. What he had intended, making that wish, was not something quite so invasive. Better perhaps to defy space and time than life and death, but who could begin to speak on Howitzer's account? She did not deserve to be thrust into this madness, and yet she and him were at the crux of it.
All by his own design.
[break][break]

If only there were a way to make her realize that they were still the same.[break][break]

"Yeah. Her trainer died, in much the same way Howie had originally..."[break][break]

Adrian had done much not to overly dwell on that doppelgänger, that strange thing that bore his semblance and yet was inextricably its own separate entity. Fixating on the idea of it being him was perturbing to his psyche to say the least.[break][break]

If mostly for the fact that it had been an emptied vessel, the sight of which shed the abstraction of one's concept of death. A truth that anyone would willfully ignore.[break][break]

This whole sordid ordeal was proving more taxing on him and his than Adrian would have hoped, though he still counts his blessings for the opportunity. Even if she now finds the reality of their situation unbearable, Adrian has followed through on that selfsame path, and found that day by day... Time really does heal all wounds. Perhaps not enough to forget them, but enough to ignore the scars.[break][break]

When Rowan speaks to her, Howitzer still only whines in response, paying silent audience to their conversation and perhaps gleaning from it what any sentient being could. His gentle approach is a small comfort in a cold, unforgiving night, but it is comfort nonetheless. Adrian kneels into a prone position, leaning back against the bulk of her frame. There they could lie for so long as they had need.[break][break]

Adrian contents himself with gentle strokes through Rowan's locks while Howitzer herself takes a moment to unshutter her eyes, a sullen expression matching the latter's gaze. Her tongue lapped across her muzzle and wet her nose before she buried her head under their arm decisively. Even still, she did not forget her woes.[break][break]

"I think she likes you," Adrian mumbles with an exhausted rasp into Rowan's ear.

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
THE SUMMIT

MT. PYRE

template by punki

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 4, 2022 3:45:39 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I like her, too.” Rowan said with a soft smile, offering some more affection to the downtrodden Pokémon. It was difficult for a trainer to lose their partner, but he rarely considered the effects losing a trainer would have on a Pokémon themselves. “Oh, sorry, I almost forgot.” A free hand gestured for Mistral to come closer, the Pokémon waddling closer with a slight huff at not being the center of attention.

“Mistral, this is Howitzer. Howitzer, Mistral.” The Prinplup normally wasn’t keen on meeting competition, but there was something about the Arcanine that seemed to resonate with them. Mistral shuffled forward and offered one of his poffins towards the snout of the Pokémon, a small sad trill escaping their beak, as though they were commiserating with their loss. “I’ve never seen him share food in his life.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 3:06:10 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
razor-sharp teeth, i bite bullets.
Serena had been busy with work today so she wasn't exactly able to come along when Adrian had messaged her. But she was on her way now. Artemis, her espeon curled up in her arms while they rode on the back of Horus, her pidgeot. Once they were in the area she spied some familiar figures before hopping down and making her way towards the two.

She hoped she wasn't interrupting their alone time. Nothing was worse than a cockblocker. Especially when that cockblocker was your little sister. "Sorry I'm late, got held up." she said as Artemis hopped down from her arms to make it towards the group. Shooting a last minute text to her manager about the plans she had for her livestream on the weekend her steps slowed to a halt as crimson orbs landed on a familiar yet unfamiliar figure.

"H-Howie?"
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 1:37:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]"I'm glad they can get along, then." Howitzer was going to be around for a long time, if Adrian could help it, and knowing that Mistral was friendly towards her meant a great deal. While they converse she takes an apprehensive approach to the poffin, eventually tearing away a greater portion of it, grinding it slowly between her teeth while she acclimated. He could feel a low rumbling leaning against her ribs as she savored the treat. Thumping his palm against her side with a hollow sound, he gave her a playful pat, which she didn't seem to mind.[break][break]

They enjoyed precious few moments like these, sparse as they were.[break][break]

While they convalesce with Howitzer, Adrian is sharp enough to notice the Pidgeot taken wing, availing its trainer to their spot on the summit. He would know soon that it carried his sister Serena upon its back; casually he would wave towards them all as she dismounted, allowing the scene to speak for itself. She offered an apology, but of course there was none needed. "Nevermind that..."[break][break]

And then she saw what had brought them all together.[break][break]

Howitzer's tail whipped up from its drooping state, fanning against Adrian's back as it recollected another familial bond. Thinking back, if their timelines were nearly identical, she must not have seen Serena since they were last home in Sinnoh. It must've been like seeing a childhood friend, all grown up. A hearty bark escapes her, though she does not stir from her spot, an impulse she was actively keeping in check. While at first one might assume she remained at rest so as not to disturb those lying against her, Adrian felt it was apprehension.[break][break]

Howitzer was still experiencing a sort of reverse impostor syndrome. These were not the same people, the same flesh. But he liked to think they shared a soul. They would reach her slowly, over time, at whatever pace suited Howitzer...[break][break]

"It's really her, just not how you'd think..." It wasn't a tale he wanted to repeat over and over, and so he'd intended to bring them together into their fold, and share with them the full accounting of how she came to be at his side again.[break][break]

Adrian would share at length the details of his encounter: HERE

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
THE SUMMIT

MT. PYRE

template by punki

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 13:12:33 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
razor-sharp teeth, i bite bullets.
She knew better. She really did. But at the same time her eyes could not be fooled. She knew Howie when she saw her and even without her brother's confirmation. Howie perked up at the sound of her voice as her tail whipped her brother's back in excitement. Yet instead of the bone crushing tackles Howie would routinely give her back in the past, Howie remained still.

Serena couldn't blame her though, for she too was frozen in place. Had Adrian really succeeded in bringing the dead back to life. Her blood ran cold and her throat suddenly felt incredibly dry. This is what they had dreamt of. This should be pleasing news and yet....Serena sensed that something was amiss.

"It's really her, just not how you'd think..." Serena's own crimson orbs drifted to her older brother's as they questioned him further despite no words leaving her mouth. As Adrian recounted the tale of what both he and Howie went through, Serena listened silently. Nodding her head at certain points to let him know that she was still listening.

When he was finished her piercing gaze had soften as did defensive stance thaw. Understanding eyes glanced over at this Howie, who wasn't quite the one she knew, but still Howie nonetheless. She had been through an awful lot. An extremely traumatic experience and once she could understand.

Artemis hung closely to Serena's side, keeping her influx of emotions in check, which Serena appreciated. The Rocket beast kneeled on the ground and extended her arms open as if to embrace Howie, just like she used to when they were younger. She wasn't her Serena and this wasn't her Howie that she knew. But the familiar bond was still there.

And regardless of how conflicted she felt, she would rather Howie feel comfortable and know that she was safe around her. Besides, Serena would be lying if she said her heart wasn't aching right now as she felt warm tears prickle her eyes. "Come here and let me hug you." Words left unsaid was how much she had missed Howie. Just like Cas, Howie had been her family. And while Adrian's bond was the deepest with her, Serena was also quite attached to her.

Serena stayed kneeling on the ground with her arms outstretched. She could only hope her feelings would reach Howie and the two of them would get to know one another all over again.
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 7:42:11 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
It hadn’t crossed Rowan’s mind that Howitzer might have been beloved to Serena as well, until now. He never really asked how long Adrian had the Pokémon, but he could tell from her emotions that the two had most likely grown up together, much like himself and Mistral. “Good to see you, Serena.” A hand rested on her shoulder, offering his friend and practical sister-in-law a comforting smile.

“I’m happy, for both of you.” Although it wasn’t the same Pokémon entirely, Rowan imagined many emotional wounds could be healed from their arrival in this universe, for them and for Howitzer. “I can’t wait to get to know you, Howie.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 23:27:52 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]The years between them had done nothing to dull the spark. Howitzer seemed responsive, slowly rising from her spot of languish, showing increased energy in her every step as she approached Serena. A leg draped over her shoulder as she closed in, peppering her in doggy breath while taking her scent, a few traces of her tongue lapping against her in an act of doting familiarity.[break][break]

One of us. To be trusted. To be loved. To be protected.[break][break]

Howitzer does not linger overly, dropping her leg to the ground after finding a moment of comfort, then stamping in place for a moment. Perhaps not everything is enshrouded in the doom and gloom. Maybe this second chance is really just that. If only for a moment, Howitzer tries to forget, but when she matches Adrian's gaze once more, the façade begins falling through.[break][break]

Such things cannot be forgotten so easily, but why should they?[break][break]

She stands there, kneading the grass in her front paws. It's a lot for one person to take in, but she manages her best. In these testing moments, where she finds herself anxious and unsure, Rowan's voice cuts through the confusion and grounds her in the moment. A soft bark escapes her before she runs around the summit, relieving herself of the zoomies. Maybe every dog does have its day.[break][break]

"I think she feels the same," Adrian comments wistfully.

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
THE SUMMIT

MT. PYRE

template by punki