Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 23:07:29 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

[attr="class","zevpostpkmn"]

For once, Zev is at a different bar for happy hour, a beer garden-style establishment called Boulder House. It suits the old-fashioned style of Rustboro City, with its outdoor terrace of tables and chairs shaded by trees. Strings of lights run between the lower branches, though it's bright enough outside still that the lights haven't been turned on yet. A couple of patrons are already sitting at their own tables, but none of them are the man Zev has arrived to meet, the man who invited him out for a couple of drinks in the first place.[break][break]

He waves to the hostess so she knows to send a server to take his order as soon as he's chosen a seat. Zev opts for a table under one of the trees, visible from the entrance so that his acquaintance can easily see him. His shiny Lycanroc, Luna, is accompanying him; she lounges under the table at his feet, seemingly relaxed, but with her ears perked and eyes alert.[break][break]

The server stops by to bring menus and take Zev's first drink order, a cold beer on tap. When she returns with it, she also brings a bowl of water and a small bag of Pokémon treats for Luna. He thanks her and settles in to sip on his beer while he waits, falling naturally into his habit of people-watching.[break][break]

Finally, the person he's waiting for arrives. Zev's face breaks into the easy smile of his mask, the false persona he wears when he's in public, and waves to grab 's attention.[break][break]

"Hey," he says once the other man is near enough. "How've you been?"

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Social

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc"]} .zevpost .zevpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .zevpost .zevpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 2:09:48 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

he had read recently that that having one or two low-alcohol beers was actually beneficial after a workout. it had carbs, sodium, plus some other shit, and he could eat more. maybe it had just been a boozy writer looking for any excuse, but it justified this occasion enough for him.

approaching the terrace, he immediately saw more familiar faces than just zev’s. he’d lived nearby for his entire life, meeting much of the city in his youth, for better or for worsee. he didn’t linger on anyone, save for an old friend’s mother who pinched his elbow and proved the most insistent on conversation.

once done, bo finally made his way over, greeting back with a smile on his face.

”not bad, not bad. busy.” the last part was true. but not bad? no, horrible. this region was fucked.

he slid into the seat across from zev, waggling his fingers at the lycanroc under the table, and immediately sliding the menu up into his hand to take a look. the server was there on his heel, having been watching and waiting as he’d made his rounds.

after ordering a lighter session ale with some kind of berry in it, and saying thanks, he looked up.

”how’s it goin’ man? what’ve you been up to?”
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 15:01:11 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Under the table, Luna shifts and rests her head on Zev's knee. Absently, he scratches her behind her ears.[break][break]

"Crazy busy, too. Since we're one of the sponsors for Splashfest, we've already had a ton of new customers checking out the bar," he admits. "We'll probably see even more once the festival's in full swing, with all the visitors coming in from all over Hoenn. I'm not complaining, though!"[break][break]

He's been busy in other ways, too. Rocket has demanded more of his time of late, and not just in the form of assassinations. Saving their Grunts from certain death, torturing prisoners for intel, and diving expeditions to unearth the secrets of the ocean depths… Yet he's still no closer to finding his brother.[break][break]

The server returns with Bo's beer and takes their food orders. Zev settles for a pretzel with mustard, Boulder House's most popular snack. At the very least, it's something with enough carbs to soak up that evening's beer. There's time later for a proper dinner.[break][break]

"Are you gonna be there? At Splashfest, I mean. Though you're always welcome to stop by Howling, festival or no festival."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Social

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc"]} .zevpost .zevpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .zevpost .zevpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 1:54:05 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

”yeah, slateport’s crazy this time of year. congrats on the good business.”

it was from the festivals, mainly. of course, since the blackout of slateport, the city’s popularity had not been as substantial as in the past. perhaps more people would come out this year; although certainly, no one would be visiting from other regions to join in their very clear distraction from the apocalypse, what with the border and all.

he received his beer and thanked the server. reaching over the table, then, he grabbed a salt shaker and proceeded to put some of it in his ale. he had also read about this.

additionally, he ordered the same pretzel. it was the best choice.

”hell yeah i’ll be there. whenever they let me.” they being the league, and the innumerable threats constantly hurled at the region.

he sipped, giving the smallest cough. too much salt, maybe? ”mm.”

”what about you? you gonna have time to go?”
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 2:49:25 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev frowns when Bo shakes salt into his beer. Really? Who does that? For the briefest of moments, Zev considers trying it himself, but reconsiders upon seeing Bo's expression after taking the first sip. The hitman decides he'll have to look it up later. Perhaps it's one of those food fads without any scientific backing?[break][break]

"I'll see you there, then. Since Howling's a sponsor, we'll have a stall set up on the boardwalk with a limited drinks menu. Free samples of our food, too." Zev sighs and adds, "And somehow, every one of my employees agreed I needed to do the Mantine surfing, since we're sponsoring that event specifically."[break][break]

Luna shifts again, this time with interest as the server delivers pretzels to the two men's table. Her master breaks a chunk off his snack and dips it into the honey mustard before taking a bite.[break][break]

"I also promised dinner or drinks with a woman I'm seeing, so, you know." A casual shrug, as if it is no big thing. "Should be fun."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Social

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 11:08:59 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

zev had him at free food samples. bo didn’t really need more of a sell than that. he’d be there. he nodded his approval.

and of howling’s sponsorship and zev’s consequential obligation? ”i’m lookin’ forward to the mantine surfing. glad i might have some friendly competition.”

he smiled, taking another gross sip of his beer. maybe he’d just put too much salt in it. that had to be it. he smoothly ignored the look zev had given him, fully committed to his actions, for better or worse.

at zev’s mention of his date plans, bo started, ”nice—“ but his attention was immediately drawn by the wafting smell of warm bread. he looked over as the server approached with their pretzels, putting a pause on the conversation until after the first bite.

”damn.” good.

okay. back to zev’s date.

”so where you guys goin’, or ya just gonna take her to howling?”
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 16:21:39 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev shrugs. "We'll do something on the beach, I'm sure. There'll be plenty of food and drinks on the boardwalk, so no need to go back to the bar."[break][break]

And truth be told, he would rather not take a woman out to the bar he owns. It feels a bit lame, like he doesn't know of any place better. That's partly why he agreed to meet Bo in Rustboro instead of back at Howling. As a member of the bar and restaurant industry, Zev should know his competition — and also know how to appreciate a good business outside of home.[break][break]

The sky darkens further as they talk, eat, and drink. Someone on the bar's staff turns on the outdoor lights, illuminating the terrace. Children cry out in wonder at the display.[break][break]

Luna pokes her head out from under the table and sniffs at the warm pretzels. Her dark eyes plead silently with Zev. Chuckling, he tears off a chunk and lets her eat it out of his hand.[break][break]

"So you're the Ranger captain around here, right?" he asks Bo. The two men don't know each other well, and Zev is curious about his occasional sparring partner. "I've taken your punches. The way you fight's something else. I wouldn't expect that from a Ranger." He grins.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Social

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 5:23:13 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

”yeah, true. beach date, though.” always fun. romantic, even. personally, bo would spend his time chasing his son around and trying not to stare at too long.

after some time, night was falling. the lights came on, giving a different atmosphere to the terrace. it was almost festive. with his own pretzel long-gone by now, he sipped a new beer—this one unaltered by his experimenting.

at zev’s question, he nodded, ”yeah, that’s me.” captain maher, smiley woodland hero.

and ex-rocket enforcer.

he chuckled, ”no? you’d be surprised, maybe.” rangers were only getting tougher and tougher lately, after all. but zev was right. boruta was different.

”you’re pretty good yourself, zev. you give me a run for my money.”
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 13:21:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev casually shrugs a shoulder as he pops the last bit of pretzel into his mouth. He washes it down with another beer, different from the one he'd first ordered. He likes trying the local brews, and Boulder Has makes its own line.[break][break]

"Maybe," he replies. "To be honest, I don't know the first thing about Rangers. What do you all do, exactly?"[break][break]

When Bo turns the compliment back on him, Zev chuckles. "I've been fighting since I was a kid — competitions, you know, things like that. It was fun! I got some medals from it. You know, the kind that doesn't really matter because you're fifteen." He laughs.[break][break]

All lies, of course. He was considered too aggressive even for competitions, so he's never won medals. Just a lot of dirty looks and bloody shirts from all the noses he's broken.[break][break]

The server comes with their checks. Zev takes some bills from his wallet to pay for his orders.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Social

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 13:52:41 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

what did the rangers do? a lot more than they had been doing just a few years ago.

”we’re in charge of protecting the wilderness, and making sure cities are safe from wildlife,” he explained. it felt very simplified, but still encompassing. ”me personally, though? as captain, i mostly sit at my desk. which sucks sometimes, i’ll admit, but y’know. wouldn’t trade it.” he was making money, and he had somebody to impress.

at zev’s reminiscing, bo smiled. he remembered those days. he’d started fighting young too, both in and out of the gym. of course, he’d straightened up in older age—before he’d taken a nosedive into the darkness of team rocket. then he’d straightened out a second time.

”yeah, i remember all that. i still have some of mine, actually.” somewhere in a box in a closet.

“i used to kinda be scrappy when i was a kid, though. it wasn’t just the competitions.”

with a pause, he sipped his beer.

”y'know i used to always tell my mom that trouble found me, not the other way around, but lookin’ back i realize that was lie and there’s no way she believed that shit.” he laughed.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 15:03:25 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

The man Zev knows, who's fierce on the sparring mats and reminiscing about street fights over beer, doesn't seem like the kind of man who'd be content with a desk job. But Zev knows better than anyone that looks can be deceiving.[break][break]

"I believe it," he says with a laugh. "I knew a couple of kids like that back then, too. My mom was always warning me to stay out of the way of the bigger boys, even with all my ring fighting."[break][break]

But that was because Zev often came home covered in bruises, dirt, and cuts inflicted on him by his bullies.[break][break]

"It seems like you got your head on straight eventually, though. I'm sure being a Ranger captain takes a lot of, I dunno, good leadership skills." He shrugs and finishes the rest of his drink. "I should head back home, but thanks for inviting me out here. I enjoyed the conversation and the beer. I'll see you at the gym on Friday?"[break][break]

At her master's words, Luna emerges from under the table.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Social

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 9:25:49 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

bo had never been the bully—at least not at heart. not until rocket. he had, however, been known to knock a few skulls when it came to his friends and family. it was a deeply ingrained part of him, for better or worse, which had gotten him in trouble on many occasions in his youth.

but he had straightened out. he was a leader now. he smiled.

”yeah, well. just doin’ the best i can, y’know?”

he finished his beer too, and sat back, nodding. ”yeah, sounds good man. thanks for coming out. good to see ya.”

when zev left, be would wait for the check, and then move on to another table of regulars.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Biergarten [s]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 23:53:29 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: