October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
I'm crazy, but you like that; ... I bite back.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
Commitment Act I
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 21:31:11 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pokebody"]
[attr="class","pokepost"]

Elaina waited patiently on Route 123 where her training would be held at. A part of her was nervous, albeit slightly. But a part of her was also excited, despite her features not showing it. Ansel the Spiritomb and Greta, her Zoroark sat next to her. Ansel was well-composed, whereas Greta had a lot of energy, trying to catch a random Vanemoth that would come into view, only for it to fly away just as quickly. a small huff of disappointment came from Greta when the Venemoth was pretty much gone, which made Elaina smile a bit. She could tell that despite her being fully evolved, Greta was still young. It was natural for her to be this way, just as Ansel was quiet most of, if not all the time. "Don't go too far, Greta," Elaina said calmly noticing that Greta was once again walking away, possibly wanting to find another wild pokemon to play with.

[break][break]

I wonder who's going to oversee my training? She began to think to herself, wondering what he or she would be like. Elaina figured that since they would be acting as an instructor, they would probably act professionally, which Elaina respected. Her father was a retired veteran and if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be who she was today. He probably worried about her somewhat, as did she for him, however, she knew that he would be just fine, just as she was doing good. After a bit of thinking, she noticed someone walking up the hill a few yards away. She stood up immediately, turning towards Greta who had reluctantly came back to her side. "Alright, back in your Pokeball." Elaina said quickly, returning her Zoroark. Ansel would be fine around strangers, but as for Greta ... she had to work on that a bit. So, in order to play it safe, Elaina thought it'd be best to return her to the Pokeball. She turned once again, facing the general direction the person was coming from.

[break][break]

"You're my instructor, correct? Elaina Pierce, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," She said, extending out an arm with a soft smile pressed against her lips as she greeted herself.

[attr="class","pokenotes"]notes here
[attr="class","poketag]

[attr="class","pokeicon"]

ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

[newclass=.pokebody]background-color:#232323;border:2px solid #FFBC87;width:500px;padding:30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokebody h1]color:#7a7a7a; border-left:2px solid #FFBC87; border-right:2px solid #FFBC87; margin:5px 0px 25px 45px; padding: 0px 25px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokebody h1 img]background-color:#AD1A25;border-radius:100%;padding:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokepost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#232323;line-height:15px;clear:right;margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokepost b]color:#FFBC87[/newclass]

[newclass=.poketag]background-color:#FFBC87;width:200px;padding:15px;font-family:Times New Roman;color:#000;text-align:left;margin-right:-200px;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokenotes]background-color:#FFBC87;width:200px;padding:15px;font-family:Times New Roman;color:#000;text-align:left;float:left;margin-left: -10px;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeicon]float:right;margin-top:-75px;margin-right:-15px;background-color:#AD1A25;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeicon h2] border: dashed 3px #FFBC87;border-radius:100%;width:75px;padding: 5px 9px 2px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeicon h2 img]border: solid 2px #FFBC87; border-radius:100%;margin-right:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
Commitment Act I
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 23:14:14 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tft7"]
[attr="class","main"]

Despite not being in any particular rush, he arrives on time, clad in full ranger uniform complete with an armband in the colours of a captain. He walks with endless calm, and as if existing in stark contrast with her trainer, the Yamper by his side walks with quick steps and a wagging tail, even going as far as greeting the other ranger with a bark when she sees her.
[break][break]
Eyes as blue as cloudless skies fix on , his expression being as neutral and unreadable as it gets. When she offers a hand, he takes it, giving a firm and short handshake. ”Tam Fawley, good to meet you. You can just call me Tam.”
[break][break]
He has grown used to it by now: the lack of formality encouraged by Hoenn’s higher ups. It’s very different from his time as a ranger in Unova.
[break][break]
”Do you have any questions before we begin?”
[break][break]
Excited as she may be, the Yamper obediently sits by Tam’s side, looking up at Elaina.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ Commitment: Act I

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.tft7] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
Commitment Act I
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 0:29:01 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina immediately took note of the man's badge, signifying that he was a Captain. She also took notice of the yamper that barked, greeting Elaina; also gave the same slight smile to the dog pokemon. Tam's expression was what she had pictured it would be. However, it may have been because of the circumstances rather than just simply not being the openly sociable type. Elaina was pretty much the same way, despite being the one to openly greet herself. When he had asked her if she had any questions before they would begin, she spoke immediately, probably asking a question that any recruit would ask.

[break][break]

"What is the task that you wish me to do?" She asked, coming out with it in a calm manner rather than being hesitant. Believe it or not, most recruits ask such a question not really out of plain curiosity, but rather out of concern. However, Elaina wasn't asking out of curiosity, or concern. She simply figured that a concise yet short briefing of what it is that she'd be doing would be beneficial to her. After all, it was her training that was being commenced, and any order given to her as well as information about what she must do would be beneficial to her, especially if she were to succeed. Whatever it was that she would be tasked with, she and Ansel, who started hopping over to her side, would be ready for anything, as shown by her calm demeanor.

+

[break][break]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#CC0066;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Commitment Act I
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 4:24:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Suddenly, Tam was forced to take leave of Elaina, though another high-ranking Ranger took his place. That Ranger was Mauville's second-in-command, . Riding down Route 123's wetland road astride Rime, his Alolan Ninetales, he was flanked by an equally large Kantonian Ninetales, their sets of tails flowing breathtakingly in the stiff breeze. "Oh, it's you, Elaina!" Josh greeted the new Ranger in surprise, his blue uniform and badge standing out. While he was no Ranger-Captain, he was still one of Mauville's finest. " has been relieved of duty. I'm not sure why. You didn't hear this from me, but I've been hearing rumors of major... restructuring within the Rangers' ranks." Restructuring was a corporate buzzword no Ranger wanted to hear; it meant their job was on the line for reasons mostly out of their control.

"But enough of that. It's not pertinent to the mission at hand," the Elite redirected their attention to their task. "I'll be overseeing your promotional exam to Cadet, and it won't be an easy one. There are some small-time poachers harvesting a Pokémon that looks like Quagsire, but at the same time... isn't. I've never heard of it before. I don't even know its name... just seen pictures. Check your RangerNet email for me real quick, would you please?" He waited for the Rookie to confirm the photos of Clodsire. "Those. Your objective will be to apprehend those behind the poaching operation. Law Enforcement will be arriving later to back us up and make the arrests."

He gave Elaina a few minutes to review the briefing. "That's not all. I will be mostly a supervisor. I have been given strict orders by Head Ranger to limit my assistance. You will mostly be on your own, but if things get really bad, I have your back, okay?"

{WC: 303}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sidewinder    Dragapult      Good
Torvie        Swampert       Good
Kairi         Vaporeon       Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
Mystic        Ninetales      Good
Rime          A!Ninetales    Good
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
Commitment Act I
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 0:38:39 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Just shortly after Elaina had asked her question, It appeared Tam had gotten a call, requiring him to take it. After finishing the call, it seemed that he was relieved of duty. Elaina didn't know the true reason behind the sudden change, however, a replacement had come just as Tam left, and it was someone that Elaina had come to know quite well. It was none other than her second-in-command, . "I understand completely," Elaina smiled at Josh, not feeling the need to ask any questions in regards to Tam. It wasn't her business to know exactly what had happened, so she didn't feel the need to press the matter any further. Instead, she and Josh had begun to focus on the initial task at hand - her assessment.

[break][break]

Elaina quickly pulled out her phone, looking over the images of the pokemon Josh had described to her. "Hmm, I've never seen these before ... which means that they are most likely native to the Paldean Region," Elaina had surmised. She had only known a select few pokemon native to that region, Annihilape, which she owned, was one of those very few pokemon she knew about. Still, despite her lack of knowledge on the pokemon, she was determined to stopping the Poachers who were after them. "Understood," Was all Elaina had said, now knowing exactly what it was that she'd have to do.

[break][break]

With that, Elaina lead the way down the path, with Josh more than likely following a fair distance behind her. The group of Poachers that were after the Clodsire was found in the direction they were heading. It appeared that they had just caught on of the Clodsire in the trap that they had set. Just as the Poacher was about to draw near the captured pokemon, Elaina swiftly, released her Hisuian Zoroark, Greta, allowing her to get close and swipe not at the Poacher, but at the trap, pinning the clodsire down with a SHADOW CLAW, freeing it right then and there. "What the!? Where'd you come fr-" The poacher was trying to say, however, Ansel, Elaina's Spiritomb, appeared in front of the poacher using SHADOW SNEAK, only for the man to be cast in the ghost's HYPNOSIS, falling to the ground asleep.

Just as the Poacher fell to the ground, other poachers came to the scene just in time to watch their buddy fall. The two other poachers that appeared, released their own pokemon, beginning to attack Elaina's, prompting Greta and Ansel to do battle. "Let's finish this, quickly," Elaina said to her pokemon somewhat sternly. These small fry were in the way, however, by dealing with them, she'd be one step closer to finding as well as turning the one responsible in once the Police arrive.

+

[break][break]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#CC0066;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Commitment Act I
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 14:50:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Clodsire was yet another Paldean Pokémon Josh didn't recognize. It looked a lot like Quagsire, meaning Josh had a predisposition that his electric attacks wouldn't be helpful. That might not be the case, though! His two Ninetales, despite being the same species, were vastly different.

Elaina took an aggressive approach to the operation, using Greta to free the Clodsire from their trap. "Not so discreet, Elaina!" Too late. It seemed they were entering the operation guns blazing. While one of the small poaching team fell asleep from Ansei's HYPNOSIS, the noise of the SHADOW CLAW and the trap snapping to pieces raised the posse of small-time criminals on high alert.

Several of their Pokémon began using moves such as BLOCK and MEAN LOOK to prevent the Clodsire from escaping. Some managed to leave the perimeter, but the majority of their poach was still trapped. "Rime, Mystic, use EXTRASENSORY!" The Gym Leader flinched as his Ninetales steed reared, both Pokémon standing tall on their hind legs as they loosed mental attacks on the blocking Pokémon.

{WC: 179}
{PC: 2}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sidewinder    Dragapult      Good
Torvie        Swampert       Good
Kairi         Vaporeon       Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
Mystic        Ninetales      Good
Rime          A!Ninetales    Good