Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Turncoat [POSTDORMITUM ~ COMMS]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 2:46:02 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

There's a reluctance in your heart as you ready yourself.

It's just a coded message, but it feels so heavy in your hands. They must not know your history, or they'd think you could turn tail at any moment, sell them out. vouched for you, and that made the difference. You've turned over a new leaf. But a former enemy, no matter how reluctant, is hard to trust.

So you've vowed silence regarding your history.

Even so, there's a reason you're here. Making a move against them directly.

You realize you're just tipping the scale in the opposite direction, fighting on the side of the resistance now. It's still fighting, at the end of the day. You've spent your childhood fighting. With this new start you should be anywhere but here, living your new life. But the first thing you do, one of the very first things, is jump back into the middle of it. Fighting at random on the streets was bad enough, but this...

This is way different from random vigilantism.

It's inescapable, you decide. This conflict consumes everything.

You're broken from your thoughts by a noise. It's someone breathing. A person standing there in the dark.

You're not stupid. You made those tunnels beneath the city home once upon a time, running across all of kanto in those cramped spaces, places you can't even see your hand in front of your face.

This better be the guy, or all hell breaks loose.

"Hey, you. What's the word?"

You wait for him to identify himself by the password only the two of you know.

COMMS
+10 MP

[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 15:15:48 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas had just finished patching up a nasty gash on his arm. After a particularly brutal encounter, the man had to find somewhere quiet to hide. Somewhere where he could deal with the wound without being walked in on by some enterprising Rocket, ready to collect his head.

His heavy breathing, after the fact, would give his presence away to the turncoat.

Thomas turned to the source of the voice. Was this the person who requested the meeting? Though he felt he was taking a massive risk by doing a field meeting, especially after the last time, gave his word that this was the real deal. That she could be trusted.

"Iron and Copper. Statue's copper on an iron frame.", he'd tell her between haggard breaths.

tags:
notes: +10

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 5:28:15 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

You look at what the cat dragged in.

"Damn, you look like shit."

Words you accompany with a smirk.

You think it's kind of funny, this image of a man coming up all bruised and battered to deliver a password to a teenage girl.

This is what they've sent, truly the League's best.

You slip your hand into your pocket and pull out your phone. No reception here, but it's a habit. Something you've acquired over time to demonstrate just how much you care about everything else around you. You glance through your contacts quick, pull up that site out of habit that logs movements of the opposition. Obviously, to no avail.

Connection error.

"I guess that's the right one... or was it...? Can't remember off the top of my head. I'd check my phone, but... no service. So, maybe you should jump through some more hoops for me. Get down and bark like a dog, prove you're one of the hounds the League sent, huh?"

Completely insincere words.

You're bored, and it shows. All this waiting, and you're ready to pour all that accumulated poison down someone's throat the moment you see them. There's nothing else left to do, nowhere for it to go.

"Whatever. I don't care. That was one of 'em, I know that."

You shrug.

There's no loss for you if you hand it to the wrong person. But you know how much work Navy put in trying to convince them you were trustworthy. You still don't believe him. You're the least trustworthy person in Hoenn or thereabouts, you think. But you won't let him foolishly tarnish his reputation on a girl like you.

"You're here for the drop, yeah?"

You raise your eyes from your phone for the first time since you pulled it out. Judging him, for showing up in such a bad state.

A battle isn't an excuse to stop taking care of yourself, now is it?

COMMS
+20 MP

[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 14:21:29 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Tell me something I don't know.", Thomas would remark. This wasn't just a battle, this was an outright warzone. And Thomas' appearance reflected the brutality of the fighting going on.

So this was Rocket's traitor? She had an attitude on her, that much was for sure. Thomas is clearly unamused with her attempts to toy with him, crossing his arms. He would not justify her request with a worded response.

"Yeah, I am.", he'd tell her.

Problem was, he was technically no longer League. But then, he was against Rocket.

Their 'peace' would be interrupted by the sounds of footsteps, the sounds of two obnoxious men bantering and chattering amongst one another. The closer they got, the more they could hear them talk about what they did to another League member earlier, laughing about it.

Thomas wasted no time getting himself into position, Pokeball drawn.

tags:

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 17:13:58 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

The nature of this world was simple.

If you were not allied with the Rocket cause, you were among their opposition. Those who idly did not fight against them were collaborators. Those who sought a third option were nevertheless subsumed into the conflict, forced to choose a side. Because choosing to do nothing was, itself, taking a side.

They would attack you all the same if you were not one of them.

"Well, look alive. There's a couple people who followed you in, moths to the flame."

You smile at that.

As the pitcher plant draws in insects who would willingly let themselves be digested. As the venus fly trap mimics the smell of a bountiful display of flowers. They, too, have followed this hapless victim.

Drawn to the blood.

"Sumi, you know what to do."

You hiss the words, reminiscent of a snake, and your Arbok emerges. She rises in the dark, ornamented hood splayed wide. A single glance into their hearts, evil eyes that glow in the dark, they freeze. Taken by their own fear.

Sumire (Arbok)'s Intimidate cuts the opponent's attack!
Sumire (Arbok) used Glare!

COMMS
+30 MP

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 17:45:35 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas flashed the girl a dirty look. Maintaining the element of surprise was more important than bickering with the turncoat. He clutched a Pokeball in his grasp, waiting for the Rocket's to come down.

The intimidating sight of the Arbok spooked the Grunts, as well as the Machamp. The Glare it had given off had managed to paralyze the Machamp, only for its Guts to kick in, giving it a boost in its spirits, despite the Paralysis it now suffered.

The other grunt sent out his battered, but still dangerous Mightyena, who growled and snarled at the two.

Thomas would toss a Pokeball, aiming it behind the two grunts, where a Weavile would emerge. The Weavile would immediately summon a volley of icicles to come crashing down on the Rockets, and their Pokemon.

tags:

Weavile used Icicle Crash

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 8:38:07 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-killer that brings total obliteration.

It is a poison that runs through the veins, affecting even one's heart. And in that moment that one feels fear one is already dead.

You smile wide, watching reactions of the Rockets in the dark. They know not what lurks behind the veil, just that there is a menace that hunts them. In that moment they realize it, they've already succumbed to it.

She wastes no time. Not even a hiss is necessary from your lips to tell her what to do. She opens her mouth wide, and from her fangs a concentrated glob of venom drips onto her tongue. She shoots it with the precision of a bullet, aiming for the face. The most porous place in one's body, a place most likely to reach the inside of the pokemon's body.

The Machamp is already slowed. No further impediment is necessary.

And yet, the burning pain that comes with introducing a concentrated poison that acts like a quick-burning acid, heightening the pain and the fear response - that's exactly what she savors, exactly how she chooses to hunt her prey, blinding it in the dark and slithering forward.

Sumire (Arbok) used Gunk Shot!

COMMS
+40 MP

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 16:06:14 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Mightyena let out a yelp as the icicles crashed down on its already battered body. Despite this, the Rocket's hound staggered back up, growling defiantly at the Weavile.

"Take this fucker out with a Fire Fang!", ordered the Grunt.

The Weavile would allow the Mightyena a moment to get close to him, giving it hope, before lobbing an Ice Shard at its head. As the ice smashed against its head, the Mightyena's legs would buckle and go limp. The attack did not pierce the skull, but the force of the attack, compounded with the punishment it had been taking, was enough to knock it out.

"Shit!", the Rocket grunt blurted, desperately reaching for another Pokeball on his belt, looking for something, anything, to fight off the attack.

Before he could, Thomas deployed Thread, his Galvantula, who would fire off an Electroweb towards the two Rockets. If the attack were to connect, the electrical shock would be enough to knock them out, provided their uniforms didn't have built in resistance to electricity.

tags:

Weavile used Ice Shard
Galvantula used Electroweb

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 23:57:02 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

The Machamp stands frozen to the ground, its feet unable to move.

Listening. Watching for any sign of what's in the dark.

It can't move its legs, but even so. The slightest sign. The sound of breath, of a serpent body slithering along the cold, damp ground. The sound of a tongue flicking back and forth to smell it in the dark. It waits for a sign of movement.

And Sumire waits as well.

Letting ice her prey's veins take hold. Letting it linger, giving room for this symphony of torture to breathe. Swaying back and froth, like a conductor to an orchestra only she can hear.

Only when she is sure that is has built to its climax, when the tense fear in the cavern grows to its maximum, does she lunge forward. Fangs poised to bite a muscular neck, to crush its windpipe and squeeze it into submission, to take down her foe with one measured strike. They sink deep into warm flesh, feel scalding blood hit the back of her throat.

Gigantic body wrapping around its neck, she aims to destroy it utterly.

Only for the Machamp to reach up, grasp her body with all four arms, and tear her off of it. Bloodied, poisoned, filled with dread. Nevertheless, it raises the serpent over its head and smashes her into the ground beneath it, a suplex in Revenge for the harm she's inflicted.

"Sumi!"

You hiss her name, hand falling to your waist to pull another pokemon out.

Hesitation.

You trust her. You have faith in her. This isn't over yet for your most trusted partner. And so, your hand falls again, giving her a chance to respond.

You leave it to her.

Sumire (Arbok) used Crunch!

COMMS
+50 MP

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 7:04:34 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

One of the two Rockets managed to see the Electroweb coming, and got out of dodge in time. The other wasn't so lucky, letting out a grunt of pain, before losing consciousness to the Electroweb he was ensnared in.

"Fuck this!", the Grunt growled, as he brandished a knife, and attempted to rush the former Elite Four member. Though he had no more Pokemon, with the loss of his Mightyena, he'd hope that he could at least take out the former member of the Elite Four.

Thomas would quickly toss a Scatterbang at the grunt's feet. The sudden popping dazing the man for a moment, breaking his focus, and allowing Thomas to move in. Drawing his baton as he moved in, Thomas first seized the man's right wrist, before delivering a harsh side kick to the man's leg. Finally, Thomas would viciously pummel the man's head with his baton, until he dropped.

tags:
notes: +10 (Post)
+10 (Scatterbang)

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:29:10 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

The Machamp wrestles with her, twists her body around as she tries to struggle free.

Sumire hisses, spitting sizzling acid right in the Pokemon's face. It howls in pain. But still, it does not let go. Blinded, unable to even see what it's doing, it is simply too strong. It doesn't seem to matter in the slightest.

You watch. Composed, waiting.

"C'mon... you've got this."

You whisper it on your breath, nearly a hiss yourself. Your most trusted partner is grappling with something stronger than her, and it's winning.

But you trust her. You trust her with everything.

You won't step in, won't interfere. You simply trust in all her strength.

"Sumi! Don't let me down now, of all times! Remember, they're Rockets!"

You shout, your patience breaking. And just like that, all at once, it seems like that was the push she needed.

Skin slides loose. The grasp of the Machamp can't hold her down if she sheds it completely, coming free of its grasp. Instantly, without time for the pokemon to react, she lunges upward and circles the pokemon's neck with her body.

She doesn't wait to squeeze the life from it this time. That was an error in judgement, assuming she could savor this. She simply squeezes, hard enough to snap bones.

And the threat is gone.

You turn to the man beating the remaining trainer senseless. Excessive violence that isn't necessary in the slightest. You watch, completely detached, as he's mangled into a heap at your feet. You look into his eyes, as his consciousness slips away.

"That's done, then."

It's all you have to say as you take a deep breath, finally able to relax. Sumire slithers up to you and you stroke her chin as you pull out your phone.

"When you're finished beating this shit out of that guy, I've got something for you."

You take a tiny chip out of your phone. The Rotom inside makes a small sound of disappointment, having enjoyed pouring all over that top secret info.

"Was told this was for Daedalus's eyes only. That's you, right?"

Your tone is indifferent, completely flat affect. You're all business now, the venom welling up in your heart completely spent in the midst of battle. There's nothing left there now, just an empty husk.

COMMS
+60 MP

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:46:59 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

It wouldn't take long for Thomas to finish off the other man. The Galvantula wasted no time in stringing the battered and bloody grunt up, while Thomas turned his attention back to the turncoat.

"Yes. Thank you for providing this.", he'd tell her, taking the chip off of her, and verifying it through his own Porygon phone.

After the Porygon let out a beep of confirmation, Thomas would hand the compensation she agreed to prior, as well as a business card.

"I've got many questions, but no time to ask them. But if you'd like to work together in the future, I'd be happy to compensate you for the trouble.", he'd tell her.

tags:
notes: TOTAL
Post x6 (60)
Participation (50)
Completion (100)
Victory (200)
Scatterbang (10)
TOTAL = 420

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 23:33:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: