part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 17:08:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 This particular barrio of Rustboro had fallen victim to the persistent, drone of engines, the high pitched hum of speedy Varoom, and the deep roar of Revarvroom. Eva couldn’t exactly figure out why the poison type appeared all of the sudden, but they seemed to flock here. The pokemon were, well, racing for lack of a better descriptor. To a pokemon biologist it looked like a strange mating ritual - and perhaps it was!

Regardless, they chose the wrong maze of streets to terrorize. The people were all up in cahoots about the never ending cacophony of noises and the dangers the speedy engines posed to anyone who dared to venture into the street.

“If there was a mission made for you,” Eva grinned, looking out over the smog of the sectioned off area of the city, “Then this is certainly it!” no better Ranger to call than the Master of Faster himself when racing was involved, “We gotta try and get them out of the city and clear this area of the SMOG,” she reiterated their mission details as a reminder, “Any thoughts?”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 7:27:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (eva.morales@hoennleague.gov)
MISSION: "Running on Fumes"
PROTOCOL: Dispersal
DANGER: ★★★☆☆

A large pack of Varoom and Revavroom are racing through Rustboro's main thoroughfares. Their reckless travel has made it dangerous for the city's pedestrians and motorists of all kinds. Their extremely high speeds have made it difficult for local Rangers to corral them and relocate them outside the city. As such, the city has requested the help of Mauville Gym Leader and Head Scientist , two trainers known for their prowess with grest speed. Your mission is to relocate the Varoom and Revavroom away from the city.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Relocate the Varoom and Revavroom away from Rustboro's streets using a nonlethal method of your choosing.
B) Clear the city of smog left by the Varoom and Revavroom.
C) Minimize civilian casualties.

Unacceptable levels of Pokémon or civilian casualties will result in a mission failure. Nonlethal force against the Varoom and Revavroom is authorized, though methods of least violence are preferred for relocating the unwanted Pokémon.

Per your restitution with the League, this is the seventh of ten assignments you will complete without compensation.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

"Not just for me, Eva," Josh started to joke back, "but for you, too. After all, you're the one that routinely gets to ride the very fastest Pokémon in the world! Rayquaza is... something else." Josh doubted the emerald serpent had the precision needed to fly through such tight, enclosed spaces at speed. Their Dragon Ascent did take them well into the stratosphere, higher than even airplanes flew! "I'll never forget the day we flew together. But that's enough daydreaming."

While Josh wasn't overly familiar with the Paldean species, he knew of its speed. Revavroom could be a Pokémon mount with some highly specialized gear, but if his Flygon was any indication, the rattling and vibrating engine would take some serious adjusting to get used to being on. There was also the issue of the Pokémon's exhaust. It was just too many hoops to jump through for a ride Pokémon. Plus, he preferred to be able to feel the strides of running Pokémon he was on.

"Well, we're not clearing the smog until we bag all these Pokémon. I have four Pyroar that we may be able to box them in with and catch them." As if on cue, he sent all four of them out. "Aslan, Simba, Kovu, and Nala. You might be familiar with Aslan, but the others I don't think you've met." He quickly took a seat in the Shiny Pyroar's saddle. Nala approached Eva and started sniffing near her. "You're more than welcome to use one of them if you want. Anyway, with four of them, it should be easy enough to double team, trap, and catch them. At least in theory. As for the smog, once we've caught them, I have a Flygon that can blow the smog away." Blowing the smog away would have been a perfect task for Rayquaza, but he felt even voicing the suggestion would be an insult. Truth be told, he just wanted an excuse for another flight on the legendary's back... without the Dragon Ascent part.

{WC: 550}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Verte         Flygon         Good
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 19:09:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Josh wasn’t wrong. Eva had a little bit of a reputation for being quick on her feet in more than just one way. This was also a sensitive situation with the high likelihood of casualties from POISONING. Eva narrowed her eyes at the thick blanket of putrid fog obscuring the pokemon from view. All they could hear was the roar of their engines as they raced up and down the streets.

Her lips remained tight when she turned her gaze over to the newly released Pyroar. With the small twitch of a smile, she let the female sniff at her hand before offering a friendly chin rub to the feline, “Careful, Josh,” she murmured, turning her gaze up to him as he mounted Aslan, “That SMOG is probably laced with some POISON GAS too,” even by itself, SMOG could be dangerous, “Your pride isn’t resistant to it,” her arm waved over the small group of Pyroars, “I have some ANTIDOTES but we should still minimize the risks.”

Eva backed up to release her pokemon of choice. The IRON TREADS had taken a bit of time to tame, but the paradox pokemon was perfect for this mission: fast and resistant to poison. Another beam of light sprayed out beside the Iron Treads and another artificial pokemon spun in place. The MAGEARNA didn’t seem like much, but once she SHIFTED GEARS she would be just as fast as the Revaroom.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 2:08:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Unfortunately, steel-types were not known for being particularly fast. Being resistant to poison was only part of the equation; they also had to be fast enough to catch the roaring Revavroom in the first place. "Hmm, might be better to try to blow some of it away now," the Gym Leader suggested. "I could use Verte, my Flygon, first. He's not fast enough to Bulldoze them on his own, but blowing away enough of the smog for the pride to run wild seems worth a try to me."

Provided Eva thought it was a good idea, Josh would release his Flygon above the streets, the dragon's wings sounding not too much different from the poison-types' revving engines. The BUG BUZZ that came from Verte's wings was not intended to attack, but to whip up sandstorm-like winds that would disperse the smog up, if not out. With their quarry still roaming Rustboro chaotically, it would be a temporary measure at best.

"Let's go!" With that, the four lions scattered, Aslan leading the Pyroar brigade. The poison-types could easily keep up, their wheels screeching against the pavement from rapidly reversing course to evade the lions. Josh wasn't going to let that slide. There was only one person in Hoenn that was faster than the Mauville Gym Leader was, and he was working with her. "DOUBLE TEAM, Aslan!" he commanded, pulsing his knees into the feline's sides. An image trail formed behind mount and rider as they surged toward the Revavroom at dangerous speeds. Kovu was looking to cut the wild off from the other side, which would leave the poison-type vulnerable to a gout of FLAMETHROWER right in the exhaust. Into a Poké Ball it went. Inevitably, some of these unruly Pokémon would need to be taken to a Pokémon Center before being released into the wild.

{WC: 307}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 18:44:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva shrugged and nodded along with Josh’s initial plan. It was better than nothing, and getting rid of some of the gas would make for better visualization . . . for both sides, unfortunately, “Alright, let’s give it a shot!” she clapped her hands together and waved for her pokemon to scatter into the streets along with Josh and his Pyroar.

The Magearna and Iron Treads were not pokemon that knew how to work with a team - and it showed. While Josh’s pride worked seamlessly together, the Magearna and Iron Treads jetted off to do their own thing. As the BUG BUZZ scattered the SMOG and POISON GAS, the Revaroom appears to get more frantic. Many SHIFTED GEARS in surprise and spewed out thick, sticky piles of SLUDGE BOMBS to slow down their hunters.

The Magearna’s IRON HEAD caught one off guard, and Eva swooped down on the back of her PIDGEOT to capture the poison-type. A swift TAILWIND rose behind their allies as the new pokemon.

The sticky SLUDGE BOMBS didn’t stop the rolling paradox pokemon from tearing through them. They splattered behind the surprisingly fast steel-type as they bee-lined towards their destination. The ground shook with a concentrated EARTHQUAKE that shifted the topography of the streets to seal the Revaroom’s escape further into the city.

“Looks like we have the exits covered,” Eva confirmed from the air, “Now we just gotta round them up!” she shifted her weight on the Pidgoet’s back, directing the avian towards the small cry for help she could make out beneath the roar of the engines. A shopkeeper cradled their nearly unconscious Togetic in their arms. The purple veins pulsating beneath their white fur didn’t make the diagnosis hard. Eva produced one of her ANTIDOTES offering to the grateful woman to buy her pokemon some more time as they cleared the streets of the Revaroom.

+ Bug Buzz prompts the Revaroom to cover the ground in SLUDGE BOMBS to try and slow them down
+ Eva swoops in on Pidgeot to catch the Revaroom Magearna took out
+ Pidgeot uses TAILWIND
+ Iron Treads uses EARTHQUAKE to cut them off form going deeper into the city
+ Eva cures a civilian’s pokemon with ANTIDOTE (endeavor)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 7:06:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
' approach was relentless and destructive. Effective, but Josh did not envy the job that construction crews would have repairing all the roads, nor did he envy the many in Rustboro that would have their commutes upset. As fast as the multi-cylinder Pokémon were, they could only maintain their top speed on smooth terrain. Josh's Pyroar were creatures of the wild, their rippling muscles propelling them through the most uneven terrain just as quickly as the city streets they were running on now.

Aslan charged from one side, and Nala from another, the two Pyroar keeping as close to the center of the street as possible to react to any sharp turns the steel-type made. As the chase continued, Josh pondered catching one. Not one of the ones they were requested to chase away, but the species in general. They were extremely fast, but they had multiple problems. Their bodies were not a good shape to carry a human. Their exhaust would also be uncomfortably close to a human's face, as well. Ultimately, he loved his feel for more traditional ride Pokémon too much -- being able to feel the gallop of the mount beneath him and truly ride as one was much more important than raw speed.

With a loud screech, one of the Revavroom pulled a sharp about face and slipped past Aslan. "Eva, one's headed your way!" Josh cried. His other two Pyroar had cornered another one of the Pokémon, rendering it unconscious with their fire-type attacks. There were still several more to be caught, and even at the lower concentrations of smoke thanks to Verte's work, it would still take a toll on the Gym Leader's lions if this went on too long.

{WC: 289}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 5:32:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The bright flash of the afternoon sun reflected off the racing Revaroom as it took its daring turn to speed past Aslan. Eva could see it coming from above, but Josh’s warning was appreciated. Eva pulled the Pidgeot back up with a harsh press of her ankles into the avian’s sides. It cooed, darting up just before the Magearna raced towards the unsuspecting Revaroom with IRON HEAD. A pokeball thunked against the pokemon’s metal before sucking it up into the capsule.

There were only a few more Revaroom left. In an effort to stave off their attackers, they filled the air with another thick puff of POISON GAS. The deep purple fog didn’t stick around long. Eva summoned the DELTA WINDS of her god, banishing the noxious fumes and forcing them to dissipate into the atmosphere.

“Drive them towards the pack!” The ground rumbled with the STEEL ROLLER of the Iron Treads. The pokemon tucked up, darting forward with impressive speed for its size. They corralled the last two Revaroom, driving them right towards Josh’s pride.

+ Magearna knocks out the one coming her way with IRON HEAD for Eva to catch
+ Last few Revaroom expel more POISON GAS as a last ditch effort
+ Eva uses DELTA WINDS to blow it away
+ Iron Treads drives the last Revaroom towards Josh and his Pyroar

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 14:14:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Eva's Pokémon were so well-coordinated in gathering the poison-types toward Josh's pride for the finishing blow. Were she not busy with being arguably Hoenn's top researcher, she could have easily been a contender to become a Champion. She had a power beyond that of a Champion, which was on full display. The strong winds blew the more lithe Nala and Kovu off their feet in addition to blowing the steel-types on their sides. They spun their wheels desperately in an attempt to right themselves, but not before the stout Simba and Aslan belched rapids of FLAMETHROWER toward them.

Those were the last two. No more were the poison Pokémon a threat to Rustboro.

Josh could feel Aslan's heart thumping beneath him; running amongst the toxic fumes was exhausting for his entire pride. "Great job, everyone. You deserve a rest. Return." He recalled all four of his Pyroar into their Balls, a little wobbly himself after landing once his mount disappeared from underneath him. "That wind... it takes a lot to blow even a Pyroar off its feet. What was that?" he asked Eva.

{WC: 185}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 4:39:36 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Josh’s pride made quick work of the remaining Revaroom. As the poison dissipated from the city blocks, Eva’s Pidgeot descended from the skies. A few flap of her wings landed them easily near the gym leader and his pokemon. Eva dismounted and praised her steel types before tucking them safely back into the pokeballs.

“The wind?” Eva repeated with a small smile, “It’s one of my gifts.”

Her fingers ruffle through the Pidgeot’s fine feathers, “I’m still learning to control them.”

Eva’s hand suddenly sprang forward to give Josh a firm slap on the back, “That was some good work out there today! Teamwork makes the dream work! Thanks for helping me out.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 4:49:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even Josh's thighs were starting to thump as though he had just completed a long race. It may as well have been a race, what with some of the sharp turns those Revavroom had made to evade capture. He walked alongside slowly, his breath a little heavy. "From the serpent..." Josh mused. "Even now, so long after the fact..." He wondered what it would be like to be in the Head Professor's position, fighting alongside the fastest Pokémon in the world. If she barely had a grasp on her powers, even after so long, would they ever truly be controllable?

Josh flinched, not expecting such a hard pat from the Peacemaker. "Nothing Hoenn's king and queen of speed can't handle, am I right?" he half-teased. It was true, though; there was no one faster in the sky than Eva and Rayquaza, and there was no one faster on land than Josh and Raikiri. With their duty complete, Josh let Eva lead the way back to HQ to claim their paycheck.

{WC: 172}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
FASTER [M|C]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 21:34:54 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: