6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Quick and the Dead (Gym)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 1:51:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Now I've got you, Thomas," Josh mumbled with a smirk. Being water-bound limited the ability for Illumina to swim away from any follow-up attacks, which the Leader was acutely aware of. "Swim into it!" the Master of Faster commanded. Bravely charging into the EXTRASENSORY barrage, the Lanturn built up great speed in the circular pool before harshly flipping her tail about and breaching the water's surface. Her bravery, perhaps reckless abandon, led to a critical hit that only made her angrier.

The electric fish went sailing toward Zoroark, invigorated with Terastal energy as Josh hurled his TERA ORB toward her. A pyramid of yellow, translucent crystals surrounded Illumina, its new reflective body glowing with the electric sphere of a SPARK attack that would strike with destructive force were it to hit.

Illumina's electric attacks drastically enhanced!

{WC: 131}
{PC: 8}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
Illumina        Lanturn           Poor  
Saber           Manectric         Good  
Twilight        Absol             KO  

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 3:24:47 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Zoroark finds herself unable to avoid the Spark in time, her movements too sluggish to adequately avoid the attack in time. This allows the Spark to hit her critically, causing her to cry out in pain, and slump over. While she would remain conscious, the attack caused some serious damage.

As this was going on, Thomas would produce his own Tera Orb, and toss it towards his Zoroark.

A beautiful pink crown would float above her head, the constricting of her muscles relieved, as Terastalization took effect. The illusionist fox would find herself becoming a Fairy-type, as a result.

"I too have access to a Tera Orb.", Thomas remarked with a grin.

The Zoroark, now free of her paralysis, would unleash a Tera Blast towards the injured Lanturn.

tags:
notes: Zoroark is critically hit by Spark. Zoroark is at under half health.
Thomas Terastalizes Zoroark. Zoroark becomes Fairy-type
Terastalization relieves Zoroark of Paralysis
Zoroark used Tera Blast (Fairy)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 18:57:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The light of two Terastal Pokémon was blinding, making the battle hard for even Josh to watch. The once-dark fox shined more brightly than even Illumina, the TERA BLAST from its crown colliding with the weakened electric fish and splashing water around that corner of the battle court's inner circle. With a dazed, blank stare that prompted Josh to grasp the Lanturn's Poké Ball, he withdrew his fallen partner just as she floated in a full inversion on the surface.

The Pokémon that leaped off the trainer's platform and toward the Terastallized Zoroark was the Leader's Manectric. The duo had known each other long enough that Thomas was likely aware that this Pokémon was Josh's true ace. While the Absol was a strong combatant, this Pokémon was special to him. Wasting no time, the electric wolf DISCHARGED a sphere of electricity around himself, lunging toward the Terastal Zoroark with the speed and ferocity of the Johto Beast his trainer admired.

{WC: 164}
{PC: 9}

Illumina        Lanturn           Poor  

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 1:27:29 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Zoroark's Tera Blast successfully finished off the Lanturn, causing the Gym Leader to quickly recall her. So far, despite the rough start to the battle, the two of them were evenly matched. He realized that though his Zoroark was still standing, there was only so much more punishment she could take.

Thomas watched as Josh brought out his ace, his Manectric. Thomas grinned, accepting the challenge of the Gym Leader's Ace. The Zoroark stood defiantly in the face of the Discharge, grunting in pain as the electrical arcs rendered her unconscious.

Thomas recalled the Illusory Fox, before bringing in his own ace, a hulking Scizor, Ripper. The Scizor flashed a bloodthirsty grin at the Manectric, before lunging at the Manectric with a Technician-boosted Bullet Punch.

tags:
notes: Zoroark is KO'd by Discharge
Thomas sends out Scizor
Scizor used Bullet Punch

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 3:47:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Scizor's BULLET PUNCH came at Saber fast. To anyone else, it would have been an impossible-to-avoid blur. To a Pokémon that was trained with the ultimate goal of outrunning the Johto Beast, the god of speed, it looked like any other attack. With a backward hop, he was able to turn the attack into a glancing blow. With how defensive they were against one another, and Josh' TERA ORB discharged, this was going to be a long battle... or so he wanted Thomas to think. If the former Elite Four had studied Mauville Gym, he knew he would have to expect the fastest Pokémon move in the world, one that not even legendary Pokémon were outrunning.

In the meantime, Josh ordered his electric wolf to tase the metallic insect with THUNDER WAVE, looking to slow the foe to the point where dodging all its attacks would be effortless for such a fast combatant. The electric pulse crackled from Saber's snout toward 's Scizor, some newer spectators' hair standing on end from underestimating the Manectric's voltage.

{WC: 179}
{PC: 10}

Illumina        Lanturn           KO  
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 0:13:03 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Scizor's eyes narrowed in annoyance as his Bullet Punch only managed to graze the Manectric as it hopped back. He had to admit, it was a fast foe. Still, he was determined to end this in a win.

As the Thunder Wave came, the Scizor's reflexes kicked in, leaping to the left to dodge the oncoming blast. The metallic insect barely avoided the Thunder Wave. In retaliation, the Scizor swung his pincers violently, in an attempt to catch the Manectric with a Brutal Swing. Though the swing was 'weak', the technique employed by the insect enhanced its power.

tags:
notes: Scizor dodged Thunder Wave
Scizor used Brutal Swing (Technician boosted)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:55:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was Josh's decision to have Saber fire his THUNDER WAVE on the run that caused it to fail. While a moving shot would leave the Manectric less vulnerable to counterattacks, the reduced precision also made the attack more unwieldy, sailing past the Scizor. "Try it again, Saber!" Before the electric-type could, the swift, metal bug had closed the gap, nearly knocking some of the Sygna Pokémon's teeth out with a BRUTAL SWING from the flat of its pincer to the side of his mouth.

Desperate to create some distance between the two, Josh rescinded his command. "Change of plans! Saber, DISCHARGE instead!" With a cracked-voice howl, the electric wolf enveloped itself in a sphere of electricity intended to repel the Steel-type and fry the nerves in its leg muscles, robbing it of speed.

{WC: 135}
{PC: 11}

Saber           Manectric         Fair  
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 1:10:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Scizor grinned with satisfaction as the Brutal swing connected with the Manectric. The Discharge would cause the metallic bug to grunt in pain. The grin turned into a defiant grimace towards the Gym Leader's ace.

Despite this, the massive Scizor fought on, lunging at the Manectric with his pincer opened up, intending to clamp down on the electric hound with a Technician-boosted Bug Bite.

Thomas watched as the Scizor fought valiantly. He knew the Manectric wouldn't go down so easily, waiting to see what unfolded next.

tags:
notes: Scizor took Discharge. Scizor is at fair health
Scizor used Bug Bite (Technician boosted)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 4:48:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The DISCHARGE was Josh's final gambit, and it had failed to rob the Scizor of the speed the Gym Leader needed to turn the match around. Ripper snatched Saber in one of his pincers, the impressively strong insect able to lift the large Manectric off the ground and clamp down with an unorthodox BUG BITE. The writhing Pokémon squealed in pain, desperate to escape. Unable to overcome the Scizor's iron grip, the side judge declared the knockout and the end of the match.

The Gym's platformed receded into the ground, the crowd giving Thomas a standing ovation for his performance. "Some victorious challengers rely on their tactics. Others rely on direct attacks on the Gym, such as TRICK ROOM or Ground-type Pokémon," Josh started once he was within earshot of Thomas at a normal speaking voice. "You, though, have overcome Mauville Gym with grit. Pure grit. That grit will see you far in the Pokémon League."

Josh presented a closed fist at Thomas' chest level, then opened it up to reveal a well-earned QUICK BADGE. "Thomas, this belongs to you now. It is the official Hoenn League Quick Badge. Wear it with pride. This Gym has a history of being run by some of the toughest and most successful Leaders in Hoenn. Never forget that."

Once the crowd dispersed, the Gym Leader guided Thomas back to the lobby. "I don't think I ever properly thanked you for leading me to . We're on a first-name basis with one another now, and he's let me live my dream of riding Raikou not once, but several times. And I have you to thank for that. I haven't given up on the real thing, but the chase has turned cold."

{WC: 290}
{PC: 12}

Saber           Manectric         KO  
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 1:53:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Much to the surprise of the former Elite Four, the Scizor successfully managed to snatch the Manectric in his pincer. From there, the armored insect finished off the electric hound with the Bug Bite stranglehold. Thomas could only hope that Ripper could contain his bloodlust enough to not do serious harm to the canine.

Though Ripper took great pleasure in the attack, once the Manectric stopped struggling, and passed out, he let the opponent down. The hulking Scizor let out a skyward pincer pump, celebrating his victory.

"Great work, Ripper.", Thomas complimented the Scizor, using his fist to bump one of his pincers gently.

As Thomas received the Quick Badge, he'd put it on a well-maintained badge case. He reflected on those who held the position in the past. One of those being his protégé, .

"Thank you, Josh Devlin. It was an honor to battle you. You fought very well.", he commended the Gym Leader.

"I'm glad to hear that Kyle's let you in like that. And though the chase has grown cold, don't give up on it. I feel your determination to see it through to the end will eventually win Raikou's favor.", he'd respond to the Gym Leader.

tags:
notes: Thomas accepts the Quick Badge
FIN

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 1:28:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: