Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 8:40:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There’s so much to be done. Navy’s in over his head. He knows it. The people in the League know it. He’s keeping the lights on until they can muster up more resources to care. Progress has been made in his investigation, but the answers he gets from the League amount up to little more than a cordial ‘mhm’.[break][break]
So, ever the proactive investigator, he starts reaching out. One of the names that comes up is , the volatile. Navy doesn’t know about that epithet. After getting over the hurdle of being star-struck, the guy seemed downright friendly, if not cordial.[break][break]
So, he makes some calls, asks the elite to come down to Dewford. It’s about the Ultra Deep Sea and all the many secrets the place holds.[break][break]
When, at last, the appointed hour arrives, Navy is behind his desk. Odd, he figured they’d be meeting on opposite sides of a desk.[break][break]
Silph.” Navy greets the man with a nod. “Thanks for coming.”[break][break]
A moment of silence before he adds one more thought.[break][break]
There’s something in the sea.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:11:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

matias silph arrives punctually.[break][break]

"of course. always a pleasure to help however i can."[break][break]

the gym leader wastes no time with pleasantries so he returns the same, getting straight to the point about why he's been called to dewford.[break][break]

"what do you think is in the sea?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:29:41 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

A monster.” It’s blunt, maybe even cryptic. He meets the elite’s eye when he says the words.[break][break]
Have you been down there much? I go at least once a week, just to check up on things. It feels like you’re in something alive.Feels like isn’t right, and he knows it. He’s seen the proof that there’s more to the place, but the words are already out.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:36:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i've not been back since the battle, no, and part of why is due to you. i hear you've been doing a good job in your new role so far."[break][break]

he speaks bluntly, plain and simple and free.[break][break]

"how has it been? being a gym leader, i mean."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:41:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s a job.” He says the words with a chuckle, knowing that’s hardly an answer. “An important job.” The second answer is more severe, truer to his feelings.[break][break]
Plenty of kids and civilians volunteer to help out when there’s trouble. Most of them don’t know what they’re getting into. I’m trying to teach them what they’re in for if they decide to help out.” A brief pause. “I doubt Goode will be happy if the volunteer numbers drop.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:46:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i wouldn't be too sure about that. our commissioner is more understanding than many realize."[break][break]

his hand moves in a vague gesture as he speaks.[break][break]

"in many ways, you're preparing people—civilians, really—of what to expect should they volunteer. you're saving lives."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:55:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I hope so, Silph.” There’s sadness there. He’s half here, half in a morgue near Sootopolis, looking at the corpse of another volunteer. “I’d rather they hate me for being a jerk in their gym challenge than die at the hand of some Rocket asshole.”[break][break]
He looks at the man with something approaching understanding. Matias Silph’s reputation precedes him, and it is far from the cleanest or the best. All the same, Navy finds it hard, listening to him talk, to think the man bad.[break][break]
I could use help though, with the Ultra Deep Sea. I’ve only got one deputy that can really fight.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 11:00:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

his hand raises, motioning above them, down them, and all around them.[break][break]

"not just rocket. there are other threats now; threats from other worlds. they have to be prepared not to fight but to survive."[break][break]

his hand lowers.[break][break]

"what do you need help with exactly? i haven't had much time to familiarize myself with the current situation with ultra deep sea."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 6:10:58 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, Mr Silph, where to start.” He tries to remain playful despite what he must say.[break][break]
We’ve got Pokemon from the battle, warped and twisted by Nihilego neurotoxin.” Pulling out a file, he slides macabre photos into Matias’s view. In one, a Charizard larger than a Charizard has any right to be looks up at the sky with coral on its eyelids. In another, a Feraligatr has barnacles growing along its body and milky white eyes. Third, most grisly of all, the remains of a warped Venusaur. It dug itself into a patch of grass and seemed to melt into the ground, its limbs lost somewhere along the way.[break][break]
Ghost Pokemon, also attracted by the battle.” More photos, showing swarms of ghost Pokemon over the ocean just outside the town.[break][break]
A racket smuggling Nihilego neurotoxin out of the Ultra Deep Sea.” No file this time, merely a nod towards a nearby whiteboard with some unimportant names.[break][break]
…and this.” In the picture is a heart surrounded by pink crystals. Poisoned crystals.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 11:09:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he reaches for the photos, spending a moment to sift through them. he observes and analyzes but his expression does not stray much from the norm; though gruesome, he has seen equally bad and far worse from his time in kanto.[break][break]

"i assume has taken a look at these as well?"[break][break]

though not her specialty, he's certain that if anyone could figure out countermeasures against these symptoms, it would be her.[break][break]

"there is still much to learn about the universes that lie beyond these rifts. these are concerning, that much is certain, but i'm unsure if they warrant additional resources. we're spread thin as is."[break][break]

between figuring out logistics to rescue and investigating the other rifts to find a way back to his life with , he has not had much time for anything else.[break][break]

he slides the photos back, leaving the one of the pink crystals in front of them.[break][break]

"what are these?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 20:56:39 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I’ve sent copies of my report off to the top brass. was going to talk to her about trying to develop an antidote. There’s no coming back for some of ‘em.” His voice is grim, but sees little point in lying or forcing false optimism. Resources are spread thin.[break][break]
But, if anyone can do it, he supposes Eva can. She won Rayquaza’s respect doing the impossible once before.[break][break]
As for these…they’re organs. Well, close enough to organs. They’re all over the Ultra Deep, once you get far enough inside. How much do you remember about Galar?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 6:31:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i remember most of it."[break][break]

which is both a blessing and a curse; most days, he leans toward the former.[break][break]

out of curiosity, he asks,[break][break]

"has anyone tried attacking it?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 9:48:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Ha.” A dry sound accompanied by a smirk.[break][break]
You’re alright, Silph.” The mind behind the smirk begins to turn. Cogs click into place.[break][break]
Nothing I have is strong enough to make a dent.”[break][break]
A moment's pause, consideration. Then, six words.[break][break]
"You'd need an awfully big gun."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 11:05:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he chuckles, feeling the air around them begin to lighten.[break][break]

"i have a few, though none bigger than groudon."[break][break]

then, a suggestion.[break][break]

"want me to give it a shot?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Something in the Sea [M]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 11:14:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hell yeah.” His response is enthusiastic. There’s no point in thinking it over. [break][break]
I dunno how much time you need to get ready, but I can get us to one of his organs inside of three hours.
[break][break]
A pause as he considers…[break][break]
You think your brother or the other councilors might object? Could cause a lot of problems if we wake this thing up.

[break][break]