Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
ULTRA DEEP SEA: HH
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 6:44:09 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu2"]
[attr="class","star1tsu2"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu2"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu2"]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]She grants him a sour look, but it's enough to break through the desperation of the moment. Something that makes her laugh heartily, even as her Sinistcha splashes more scalding tea on another Megalopolan and boils its flesh away.[break][break]

"Thinking!?"[break][break]

Tsubaki seems almost taken aback by it. But it only makes her laugh harder. [break][break]

They're in the middle of an assault by sea monsters, and he's thinking!?[break][break]

She grabs him by the collar and drags him with her as she makes a beeline for the vehicle. Submarine, car, spaceship. Whatever it was, she was taking it.[break][break]

"C'mon, think on your feet! Let's go!"[break][break]

As they run to the pod, Manju finishes summoning the power of the deep itself. She shimmers like the crystal barriers that protect Eternatus's cores, refracting a world outside this one for just a moment.[break][break]

Then, she unleashes it all.[break][break]

Beams scorch the sea and cut through space-age steel, summoning explosions in their wake. One after the other, meteor beams filled with its patron's power vaporize Megalopolans, leaving nothing but shadows burnt into the ground where they were standing. If Howard sought to examine history, then right then, right there, history was being made - cause they sure as hell weren't Megalopolans anymore.[break][break]

Tsubaki bangs on the door of the sub, trying to find her way inside amid the chaos. Over all the explosions, she shouts to Howard.[break][break]

"How sharp are your Armaldo's claws? I'm thinking we cut through right here!"[break][break]

She bangs sharply on the hull, and glances at the genius behind her.[break][break]

"Midori can seal it up again when we're through!"[break][break]

She feels she has to clarify, cause otherwise she looks insane.[break][break]

+ [break]

[attr="class","star3tsu2"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu2"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu2"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 7:03:38 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Manju fired, and Howard followed Tsubaki's advice. He started to think on his feet. He ducked, pulling Tsubaki down with him as a laser blasted over their heads.

"Shit!" Howard cursed as he felt the heat of Manju's blasts annihilate its foes. It shot indiscriminately, using its power as a being of Ultra Space—as an alien fundamentally opposed to humanity—to destroy entities that served the whims of its former god. All Howard could do as Tsubaki dragged him towards the submarine was marvel at Tsubaki and Manju's power.

So this was the authority of an Ultra Beast.

Howard would remembered that next time he visited Ultra Space. It was best to forget what these beasts were capable of, given Howard's ownership of one. They were strange and alien. No matter what, they couldn't comprehend the hearts of men.

BANG BANG! Howard slammed on the door to the sub, before nodding. Armaldos could punch through several inches of reinforced steel without breaking a sweat. Hopefully Midori could fulfill its end of the bargain. Howard didn't want to explain to in the afterlife that he had died because Tsubaki had cracked a window in their submarine.

Celpho punched through the bulkhead with minimal effort. "This is stupid. Seriously stupid! If this kills us, I'll be super pissed!"

Entering the sub with Tsubaki in tow, Howard returned Celpho to his Pokeball and sat himself in the driving seat. It didn't matter that this was an entirely different dimension. There wasn't a Eiscue's chance in hell that Howard was going to let a child drive. Besides, he was familiar with submarines from his time with the Slateport Oceanic Museum.

Tapping at several buttons on the console, the submarine blinked to life.

"Seal it. We're good to launch!" Howard shouted as the submarine's power system whirred to life.

PROMPT: 36, Encounter and use a submarine
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 7:27:51 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]They all barrel into the sub. Tsubaki leans on her knees and pants as she looks back at the carnage. There's a grin on her face, the exhilaration gotten to her. Watching all those monsters getting vaporized has raised her spirits considerably.[break][break]

"Hey, now! Don't you trust me? If it gets us killed, I'll let you be the one to tell Navy! C'mon, Midori! Seal it!"[break][break]

The Sinistcha hesitates slightly, watching the Nihilego going berserk outside.[break][break]

A veritable murder machine, she seems to thrive on evaporating the zombies that continue to pop up out of blackened flesh that lines the walls and the sea floor. Like a perpetual motion machine, every beam grows more powerful with her beast boost, killing more of the mutated zombies in its wake and fueling the runaway chain reaction that is the Ultra Beast's body.[break][break]

"She'll be fine! Do it!"[break][break]

It takes an errant beam that nearly makes it through the hole cut into the sub to spur the Sinistcha into action. Torn sheet metal folds itself up and lifts itself back into place, before a green goo cements everything back together. [break][break]

Only then does Manju cease her murder spree, floating carefree to the front of the ship as if nothing ever happened.[break][break]

She lifts a tentacle as if to wave at Howard, copying her Master beside him. They both seem considerably relaxed, given the circumstances.[break][break]

"Alright! We did it! Perfect. Knew this thing was down here, it was just a matter of getting to it. Which, well... well done. Knew you had it in you."[break][break]

Tsubaki slaps Howard's back, eyeing the controls in his hands while she leans casually on the dash, hovering over him.[break][break]

"Now what're your thoughts, explorer? We're going deeper, right? There's an ocean at the bottom of the Sea I've never been able to get to before. Figure this thing can brave it?"[break][break]

She's the devil in his ear.

+ [break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 7:57:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You knew this thing was down here?" Howard hissed as he maneuvered the submarine into the water. As they descended, Howard frowned in thought. Wait, why were they going into the water that those monsters had come out of? What if there were more of them down here? Were they about to die?

Famous last thoughts.

Howard wasn't particularly versed in technology, but a submarine was something he could control. If he could change the channel, he could operate an alien submarine. What was the difference? Besides, the controls for this thing were childishly simple. Tsubaki could likely control this if Howard had a nervous breakdown, which was good for both of them.

"Ugh." Howard's head thumped against the controls as he sighed. "We can go a little deeper, I suppose." The archaeologist said reluctantly as he waved at the Nihilego outside the submarine. These things were childlike, weren't they? Maybe was a Nihilego. They gave off similar vibes. "For science. Plus, if I don't take you, you'll probably just go yourself."

For science. He should get that on his tombstone.

"Hard to say. It's lasted this long, but who knows what'll happen if we meet any serious resistance." Howard maneuvered the submarine deeper into the Ultra Deep Sea, into the darkening ooze. It really was similar to that swamp. What if the two were connected?

"Is there an ocean at the bottom of the sea?" Howard asked her, surprised. "Sounds like a riddle."

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 8:56:32 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]She hovers over his shoulder til he acquiesces to her demands. It's easy enough. He's pliable. After all, they've made it all the way down here, they've gone this far. Who's he to say no? [break][break]

"You're right. I'd go myself. So count yourself lucky you get to go with, to see what lies beyond the abyss. That's what you eggheads are all about, right? To go where we've never gone before."[break][break]

What lies at the bottom of the ocean? Water? [break][break]

This was a Once In A Lifetime opportunity for him to find out. [break][break]

"Basically," she starts, pacing across the cabin and sitting in the co-pilot's chair, "the 'Sea' is just a name, right? It's a figure of speech. It's poetic. But if you head to the deepest parts of the Sea, there's a literal sea. Even I haven't seen what lies below."[break][break]

She holds out her hand, and a floating teacup pushes itself into her grasp. Midori's hospitality is famous among her species, and Howard's tea is not far behind.[break][break]

"I've been down here a million times, but I've always wanted to see the bottom.... to see if there's an end to infinity... We've seen that ship before, back in Route 119. It's nice, right? But now I wanna see what these Megalopolans are capable of."[break][break]

She smiles widely, punctuating that thought with a sip of matcha. Manju floats ahead of them outside the ship, lighting the way. As she catches Tsubaki looking back at her she curls her tentacles a few times like she's mimicking a runway technician, beckoning them for takeoff.[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 20:31:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yes, that's true. I also want to make it back to where I've gone before." Howard said pointedly. "Knowledge is meaningless if it cannot be shared, and becoming Eternatus's kidney stone doesn't help anybody."

Envisioning himself and Tsubaki as tiny Eternatus kidney stones made the archaeologist want to hurl. He desperately tried to avoid thinking of the Ultra Deep Sea as the inside of a massive monster, but it was difficult to do so. This entire place was too biological. Too alive. In order to view it as anything else but the fleshy interior of a monster, you'd have to be blind.

Good thing Howard was halfway there.

Following Manju into the depths, Howard gave the creature a salute as Tsubaki poured tea. The overall stench of the Ultra Deep Sea mixed poorly with freshly brewed tea, but breathing through the mouth was second nature at this point.

"I sea. See." Howard corrected himself. He was silent for a moment, before shaking his head. "I think I'd weep, knowing there's an end. That means there's nothing left to chart. Nothing left to explore. It's an odd comfort, though. Knowing this monster specifically has an end. If it's not infinite, it can be beaten."

Accepting his tea gratefully, Howard leaned back slightly. It'd take them a little while to descend and ascend without risking decompression, so he would chillax and drink some tea. After a passing glance at Midori, Howard stopped and stared at it, eye unblinking for a grand total of three seconds.

"Is this,.." Howard sipped his tea, then immediately brightened. "Delicious! What a magnificent specimen! What a masterpiece! What an incredible piece of history! Is this teacup from Rikyū, the famed Kitakami teamaster himself?"

Turning to Tsubaki, he immediately reappraised her. She wasn't just a child with an addiction to dangerous situations. No! Nay! She was cultured.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 4:25:32 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]"You're the scientist, right? Haven't you ever wondered how big infinity is...?"[break][break]

She gazes out the window at the Sea, filled with unknown foreign landscapes and alien creatures, a space completely inhospitable to life as they knew it. How far would they need to travel to find the end? If they went far enough in any direction, could they come upon it? And would they recognize it if they saw it?[break][break]

Tsubaki tilts her head and frowns at Howard's sudden animated questions, afraid she doesn't have the faintest idea what Howard is talking about. The matcha isn't luxury by any means. Good quality for an alien dimension, sure, but Midori's made better.[break][break]

She slowly pieces it together after a moment, however: it's not the tea he's gushing about, it's the possessed china.[break][break]

"Rikyū...? Huh? Oh, that? Uhh, not sure. My father used to be a fan of antiques, a long time ago... [break][break]

"Not Navy. The one you haven't met before."
[break][break]

She adds quickly, though she's sure that even Howard wouldn't make the leap assuming that guy would care about tea in the slightest.[break][break]

"My mother got him into it before I was born, and before she died. Guess one of those sets was pretty special, huh? I mean, beyond the ghost living in it."[break][break]

She takes a sip of the matcha, brewed to perfection. The quality of the teacup used was important in any tea ceremony, but she'd never considered it might be a relic an archaeologist would be interested in. The aesthetic of it was old-timey enough, she supposed.[break][break]

She lifts up the teacup to inspect it.[break][break]

"What's so special about it, though? You guys value perfect stuff, right? But it's cracked and broken. Midori's body seals the cracks, but you can see them here... and here."[break][break]

She runs her fingernail along the crack filled with green goo, and the teacup shivers. The line emphasizes the break, making it conspicuous. Almost celebrating it, making sure it's seen. Wearing it as a mark of pride, to boast that it's been loved so much throughout its years. [break][break]

"It's certainly not pristine or anything. I dunno the cultural value, but, well... I personally think it's more beautiful for being broken."[break][break]

She stares him pointedly in the eyes with that remark, calling back to his appraisal from earlier while the teacup in her hand offers a small giggle.[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 8:02:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"The oldest thing Navy has is his truck." Howard snorted with a faint smile. Navy was someone who valued practicality, even if he was old-fashioned. If Howard gave him a funeral urn, the sheriff would likely end up using it as a paperweight. "Though I do think that might be an ancient relic..."

The tea is good. Excellent, even. There were definitely people out there that were more into tea than Howard was. He was definitely more of a coffee mixed with an energy drink kind of guy. His heart had exploded years ago, and his body was still trying to catch up. He could appreciate a fine tea, though. He was poor, not uncultured.

Plus it was likely best to not insult Midori, given it was the only thing keeping them alive right now.

"Kintsugi." He suddenly said, sipping his tea and nudging the controls with his foot. They were steadily decreasing now, and the Deep Sea was slowly turning as red as blood. Not good for Howard's appetite. "It's a process used in Kitakami where molten gold is used to fill cracks. You've probably heard of it, it's a pretty popular concept."

Funny that he was mentioning this concept again. The first time was when he mentioned it to Eris during the war north of Dewford. Now, he was explaining it to a girl who was only a few years her senior. Both were cracked by past experiences, and Tsubaki was perfectly willing to see how many cracks she could take before shattering.

"Everything dies twice. First is a natural death, and the second is when something is forgotten and wiped from history." Howard frowned and drained his cup, passing it to Midori for a refill. "Archaeology isn't about entirely pristine pieces of history. History as a concept is pristine, but its component parts, like you and me? We're not. Rikyū was a great teamaster, but he's hardly remembered outside fringe circles. What happens when nobody remembers him? Death."

Howard's voice was soft.

"This chipped cup? It could've broken into pieces, and people would've forgotten that it was ever a cup. Instead, it continued to exist, like you. Like your old man. It's beautiful because it retained its shape, which let us learn about the past." Howard continued, maneuvering into the trenches of the Ultra Deep Sea.

"That's what makes it special. Rikyū is dead, but his memory isn't. His works aren't. I admire that." Howard frowned. "That sounds vain, I realize."

Prompt: 38, explore funky blood trench of despair
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 10:19:42 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]Tsubaki doesn't have the heart to break the news about Navy's truck. That thing's long gone, lost in a fire in Granite Cave. A sad topic, sure. But something tells her that his memory of it is better served pretending it's still intact.[break][break]

Instead, she merely shakes her head and listens. The man's a born lecturer. She can't tell whether it's that or a tea that's making her sleepy, or maybe a bit of both, but she gets the gist of it, anyway. She lets him wear himself out a little before she responds.[break][break]

"So, lemme get this straight... long as you keep gathering yourself up in the same shape, doesn't matter how broken you really are. That right?"[break][break]

She frowns, and looks down at her tea. [break][break]

The ghost inside gazes up at her with an adorable little smile, and she averts her eyes to Howard's shoes.[break][break]

"Yeah. Easy enough. Just keep keeping on no matter what, right? But what's the plan for someone who wants to shape themselves into something they're not, then, huh? They shit outta luck?"[break][break]

The blackness outside grows more intense with that question, somehow. Like they've dived straight into an inkwell.[break][break]

And out there, defying that inky-black, Manju illuminates the sea of blood like a beacon. Howard just need follow her with the controls, while they have their tea.[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 22:30:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"From my perspective as a historian, yes. Fake it 'till you make it." Howard nodded enthusiastically at Tsubaki's interpretation, before paling. "Don't do that, actually. Bad use of language. Just... don't forget who you are."

As it grew darker, Howard ended up frowning over the controls. Manju made for an excellent guide, but the Ultra Beast didn't make maneuvering the submarine any easier. Some trenches were cramped, with the sub almost scratching fleshy boulders as it hummed past. Several were so open that it was disconcerting. They had to keep a sharp eye on the power, as well. Howard didn't want to get stuck down here.

"That past will never vanish. It shouldn't vanish. If you want to change, feel free to, but be aware that what you were will always exist, and you shouldn't forget about it." Howard shrugged, though his brow furrowed as if he remembered something unpleasant.

Something unpleasant named Team Rocket.

He wanted to preserve and understand as much of history as he could, but that didn't change the fact that he was a member of Team Rocket. Even if he left, that wouldn't matter. He would always have that dragging him down. He was, by definition, 'shit outta luck'.

Just as Tsubaki would always return to this place. This terrible, cruel place that was the antithesis to all that was good would mark her forever, even if she moved past it.

"For example, yo—GAH!" The submarine lurched slightly as if something had pushed against it. Howard's tea spilt all over the controls, and Howard hissed out break. Please be waterproof please be waterproof please be waterproof he prayed to the powers that be.

The console sparked. Fuck.

SLAM! A tentacle slammed into the ship's window, sending the pod spiraling. "Fuck we're gonna dieeeeeeee!"

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 6:59:09 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]"The past might disappear, but the present is made in its image. Even when it's gone, echoes remain."[break][break]

Baki nods sagely at that. [break][break]

Doing exactly what Howard says: faking it til she makes it. She's no philosopher. She's not got a clue what she's talking about. She's bullshitting this whole conversation, in fact! But even so, even if it's hollow and meaningless, it feels true. And that's what matters, doesn't it? [break][break]

Forgery or the authentic item, when the differences become so minute they're indistinguishable, when even the fake forgets it's a fraud, then what's the most valuable of the two in the end?[break][break]

SLAP![break][break]

A giant tentacle interrupts her masturbatory thoughts. [break][break]

The whole ship tilts. If the hot tea in her cup wasn't literally a glob of living (dead?) matcha, it'd be burning her lap right about now. Luckily, the cup just floats into the air and looks at Howard's own spilled tea with pity. [break][break]

"FUCK! I'm awake!"[break][break]

Tsubaki rises from her chair, gazing out the window at the suckers clinging to the window. They're bigger around than her. [break][break]

Out in the black somewhere, whatever this thing is attached to is moving, pursuing them. The tentacle grasps around the sub and yanks them sideways, playing with them like a child plays with a model sub in the bathtub. It's a humiliating image.[break][break]

"Fuck, fuck, fuck... Manju! Where the hell are you!?"[break][break]

As if on cue, the black of the blood sea outside the sub turns bright as day. The parasite's crystalline body focuses a beam of light, refracting a burning ray of light with her power gem attack onto something out at sea. Bright red body is exposed for all but a second, exposing the creature for what it really is - a giant Octillery. [break][break]

It lets out something resembling a Wailord's song when struck and recoils its tentacles from the ship, aiming for Manju instead, seeking revenge for its singed flesh.[break][break]

The monstrous octopus recoils its tentacles from the ship in response, aiming for Manju instead.[break][break]

"Ugh, think I'm gonna be sick... I hate takoyaki...."[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 37 encounter a wailord-sized mutated octillery that ensnares or nabs its victims with its tentacles.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 10:26:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"If you vomit, I'll kick your ass. This hat was not cheap." Howard hissed at her as he began to hyperventilate. The controls were fried. They didn't work. They didn't work. They were so dead. So so so dead. Even if Manju could fight off a gigantic Octillery, where did that leave Howard and Tsubaki? As Eternatus's kidney stones?

No way. Zero way. Absolutely note.

How did that Pokemon get so big? It wasn't natural. Was it related to the Dynamax phenomenon? If anything, it gave Howard a flashback to the toxic chains that had mutated onto people under Route 119. Could they...? No, they weren't related. This was simply the result of being bathed in horrendous energies that nothing should experience.

Click. Click. Clickclickclickclick... Howard continued to prod the controls, but they were completely fried. Great. They could just die down here. Howard held his head in his hands as he continued to breath heavily. Come on. Be calm! He thought desperately, even though his body refused to comply.

Then, he saw something on the ground by his foot. He grabbed at instinctively. It looked like... a game controller?

Howard wanted to laugh. This wasn't Varoom Cart 8 Deluxe. This was a submarine. Surely it couldn't just...

The submarine moved as Howard touched a knob. It really was that easy. Howard was going to punt the next blue person he saw. Were none of their pieces of tech childproof? Didn't a kid fly them back to Fortree after the 119 Incident?

"I see a path. We're getting out of here. Don't vomit—don't distract me—do make sure that thing doesn't follow us. Tell your angel, I don't care." Howard leaned over the controller and floored it. The submarine immediately responded.

Maybe it was like Varoom Cart after all.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 21:27:20 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]Manju's light is drowned out by a tentacle that grasps her body.[break][break]

Inside the sub, Tsubaki only gets more nauseous by the minute. The vehicle swirls around. The walls dance in double vision, and fanciful colors flash before her eyes. She covers her mouth, hiccuping on bubbles of air as she suddenly regrets drinking so much tea.[break][break]

"Is that a... no, nevermind." [break][break]

She doesn't care. Whatever makes the ship work. He could pilot this thing by sticks and stones for all she cares.[break][break]

"Howard, you... you don't think HE knows, do you? That we're down here?"[break][break]

God can see her dreams. God can see anything He wants. [break][break]

Memories of the Vermilion boardwalk. Biting into a bad fried ball of takoyaki. It burs her tongue. Instant regret. But nothing compares to the shock afterward, the raw taste of undercooked octopus balls. The texture of spongy flesh caressing her throat, the odor that fills her head, inescapable, disgusting, and completely overpowering. [break][break]

If he could see even that, then they weren't safe, no matter where they went--[break][break]

"D-don't wha--?"[break][break]

Vomit?[break][break]

Ick. Gross. [break][break]

Why would he make her think of something like that in a moment like this, when she's already on the verge of...[break][break]

She grabs his hat off his head and holds it like a bowl. [break][break]

Her body takes care of the rest. [break][break]

"Go! Don't stop!"[break][break]

She chokes through tears before another go around, her stomach purging absolutely everything - the tea, and breakfast along with it. [break][break]

There's no time to register his protests. He's gotta get them to safety, she's just along for the ride.[break][break]

Manju knows. She already understands Tsubaki's sentiments, no need for the girl to voice them - not that she could at the moment.[break][break]

Another beam of light scorches the sea, and the tentacle wrapped around her body falls to pieces around her. A deathly cry fills the ocean of blood. She takes off in pursuit of the sub, the giant Octillery in tow behind her.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 10:30:38 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Yeah, Tsubaki was broken all right. She was broken because Howard was going to kick her ass once they got out of this alive. If they didn't, he would make sure they fought as spirits until they were dragged down to whatever hell existed.

His hat. She had vomited in his hat. That hat was sacrosanct to him! It was his greatest treasure. He had it for years, and it meant more to him than anything that he owned. If artifacts were the treasures of history, than that hat was the treasure of Howard Slayte. It was what he wanted to be left behind when he was gone.

And Tsubaki just threw up in it.

Arceus was cruel. Eternatus, even moreso.

"You stop! That's my HAT!" Howard screamed as they ascended rapidly. The bloody water was fading away, and it was being replaced by a strange yellow liquid. Howard's eye narrowed as a crevice appeared through the murk. Whatever was chasing them couldn't fit through that!

There was nothing stopping it from waiting, either. Howard elected to ignore that, much like he elected to ignore tossing Tsubaki out of the submarine.

"Who cares if he does? Do you know about each bacteria living inside your body? Mythology has proven this time and time again: gods can be fooled." Howard glanced at her, expression unreadable in the light. "And I'm gonna fool this one."

The submarine slipped through the crack, and the Octillery bellowed with rage behind them. The walls shook, and Howard kept pushing forward until the noise and vibration subsided.

"..." Howard crossed his arms, before glaring at Tsubaki.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 8:59:09 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]Manju swirls around at the entrance to the cave, lighting the way. While the sub fits through, only just, the Octillery is much too large for the crevice. She pounds against the walls angrily, wails her deathly wail, until she tries to reach one tentacle through the gap.[break][break]

That's when Manju's glow flickers, and she crackles with energy. Not a moment too soon, as the tentacle begins to squeeze itself inside to pull them out, Manju unleashes her built-up energy with a thunderbolt, and the monstrous pokemon recoils. [break][break]

Lights on the bridge of the sub flicker. The sub goes dark for a moment, as the Octillery screeches. [break][break]

Then, it's quiet. [break][break]

"... Did it... stop?"[break][break]

Baki asks Howard under her breath, oblivious to the pout on his face or his folded arms. There's more important things in this world than a hat. Namely, their lives.[break][break]

[/newclass]