Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ULTRA DEEP SEA: HH
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 10:27:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
There was nothing more important in this world than Howard's hat. This world, specifically. Eternatus could suck an egg.

After waiting for several seconds, Howard curtly responded.

"Yes."

The submarine began to rise, the liquid becoming more and more yellow. Howard's eye raised as he listened closely. Something was hissing. The stench of rotting flesh was assailing Howard's nostrils as he looked at Tsubaki, then out the window again. He had dissected several Pokemon throughout his career. He wasn't a biologist, he focused on bones over flesh, but he knew what this was.

A half-digested Nihilego floated past.

"You gotta put Manju back in its ball." Howard turned to Tsubaki, his voice leaking authority. "Now."

The Ultra Beast was already disappearing amidst the yellow liquid. Howard checked the depth gauge on the submarine. The pressure had drastically changed. That made sense, given they were now floating in something that submarines weren't meant for: stomach acid.

Splash! The submarine breached the surface, causing Tsubaki and Howard to roll around inside the submarine. Howard sucked through his teeth. He was not going to throw up in his hat. He was not going to. He turned to Tsubaki.

"We're evacuating. I have a plan." Howard said as he looked through the window. They were in a stomach-esque pocket, open to the sky of the Ultra Deep Sea.

35: STOMACH POCKET POG
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 2:17:47 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu2"]
[attr="class","star1tsu2"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu2"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu2"]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]Soft flesh fragile like glass begins to melt. The angel of Eternatus grows closer to her patron, and she revels amid the acid. The way she melts, the way she begins to fade, to become one with something larger than she could ever hope to be. It is intoxicating. More than that, it is addicting. She dances, carefree, as her body begins to bubble like blowing glass.[break][break]

She can never die, only become something more, a pirouette delivered for eternity and toward oblivion. [break][break]

This was the splendor of infinity.[break][break]

"We're..."[break][break]

Tsubaki stops and watches for a moment. The yellow acid outside, the bodies of disintegrating angels, so much larger than she's ever seen before. Though Manjushage is a mere hatchling, this is the result of more than just age. No mere history could turn these creatures into titans. [break][break]

She almost dreads to say it, but owing to the historian's own omission, she feels that she needs to. It doesn't feel real otherwise.[break][break]

"We're in His belly... He's gonna try and eat us."[break][break]

Or, He already has.[break][break]

It takes the tug of her teacup on her collar to break her attention away from the window. [break][break]

Of course. She's not a mere spectator to the end, but a participant. The pull of the sea taunts her, draws her near. Even now, she wonders what it must feel for Manju to become so close to becoming a part of Him. [break][break]

Her heart aches with envy, but she doesn't give in to that feeling. [break][break]

Not this time. Not yet.[break][break]

"Key word is try, right? Do what you gotta do, I need to get my girl."[break][break]

Baki whirls toward the hatch above them, running to the ladder and climbing as fast as she can. [break][break]

"Midori, use protect! I ain't waitin' for this egghead to surface first!"[break][break]

The teacup tips the whisk she wears like a hat accordingly, conjuring a bubble of green tea as Baki throws open the hatch. The sizzling of the sea and the stench of death is magnified tenfold, but Baki doesn't hesitate. She reaches out into the bubble that holds back the acid, beckoning her Ultra Beast home.[break][break]

"MANJU! C'mere! Hell if I don't know this is your calling, but it ain't time for you yet! Not here, not now! When it's time... I'll let you know!"[break][break]

She holds out her premier ball, and the parasite lets out a horrific squeal of delight as if welcoming Tsubaki for the first time. [break][break]

Its body bubbles, looking more malformed by the moment, but she remains fully cognizant, fully alive, if you could call her that in the first place. Biology is an afterthought. The destruction of her physical form does not faze her in the slightest.[break][break]

A flash of light, and she is stolen from the salvation she desires more than anything. [break][break]

"Good... good. Don't give in yet. Don't be so greedy. There's a time and a place... y'know?"[break][break]

The premier ball wiggles in response to those reassuring words, and her girl slips it into her pocket.[break][break]

Baki slams the hatch back shut, just as Midori's shield fades. She huffs as she returns to her seat, clicking her seatbelt and turning to the scientist at her side. [break][break]

"Alright, Slayte! Let's get outta here! Better not fuck up that plan of yours, or I'll find you in hell and kick your ass!"[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu2"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu2"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu2"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 3:24:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Watching an angel return to its god was horrifying.

Howard watched in awe, horror, and disgust as he watched this hedonistic exchange of reason for ecstasy, A celebration of all that was wrong with this twisted, hellish world. A a human, this could only be viewed as an abominable ritual, a disgusting microcosm of everything that lie beyond this hellish plane.

Yet Tsubaki and Howard were aliens here. Howard more so. He could never comprehend or accept that this was 'right', but he could understand it. He could never view the dissolution of this creature as anything but utterly reprehensive.

Yet this was the most holy of rituals, a divine proclamation by the one who ruled this world that everything would return to Him.

Howard acknowledged this. He observed it. Then he looked away as it returned to Tsubaki. He wanted to hurl, but he was too focused in this precise moment. He unstrapped his belt and ensured Tsubaki did the same. Reaching for his belt, he tossed out his Claydol, Crumble. The entity was crammed into the space with Tsubaki and Midori, but that wouldn't be for long.

"I need to think. One second!" Howard looked at Crumble. "You've got the location?"

The various eyes of the Claydol flashed in an unknown language. Howard nodded, and sighed. "Good enough. She'll guide us."

The two turned to Tsubaki. Fallers had a latent energy signature, from what Howard knew. He wasn't particularly versed interdimensional physics, but who was? Energy was energy, as far as Howard knew. The archaeologist turned green as he imagined the numerous ways that this could go wrong. They could atomically disassemble, teleport into another pit of acid, fail and die here, and so on.

They'd simply not die.

Simple, really.

"We're teleporting to the entrance home. Your our compass, vomit girl." Howard turned to Claydol. "Got it?"

The Claydol beeped again. Howard turned back to Tsubaki. "Teleport!"

The group disappeared as the submarine collapsed and flooded with acid.

Crash. Howard, Tsubaki, and their Pokemon all landed in a heap by the entrance to the Ultra Deep Sea. Luckily for Tsubaki, her landing was relatively soft. Maybe she had gotten lucky and landed on an egg packet, or something. Crumble floated nearby, its eyes becoming question marks as Howard's hat rested on its head.

Where was Howard?

"Uggguhhhhhhhh..." A voice rang out from under Howard, whose face was implanted into the fleshy ground.

AJD_0juh

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 3:47:06 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu2"]
[attr="class","star1tsu2"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu2"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu2"]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]Tsubaki looks up in disbelief as Howard unbuckles himself and undoes her seatbelt, almost as soon as she straps herself back in. It's only as he sends out his Claydol that she starts to understand. Psychic types were her worst match-up, but she knew them well. Know your enemies and all that.[break][break]

"... H-Hey, don't call me--"[break][break]

Those are the last words she can get out before she's turned inside out, squeezed through the eye of a needle. It makes her dizzy. Everything feels wrong for a moment, like she was put back together incorrectly. [break][break]

"-- vomit girl!"[break][break]

She almost regrets saying the words, post-teleport nausea a known symptom of those not used to traveling by psychic-type pokemon. [break][break]

"Ughh... gonna be sick again..."[break][break]

Baki covers her mouth again. It's only her familiarity with interdimensional travel that spares Howard from about the worst fate possible. That, and Midori sprinkling life dew over the crumpled heap of humans and pokemon, relieving the worst of her symptoms.[break][break]

"I'll never get used to that. Worst way to travel, and I've walked through Sagisou's mouth more than once."[break][break]

She mentions her Gengar with reproach. She still has nightmares of the ghost's glee the few times she was backed into a corner and that was the only way out. That ghost seemed to love swallowing her a little too much... [break][break]

Looking around, she can't see the archaeologist anywhere.[break][break]

"Hey, Slayte... Where'd you go?"[break][break]

Only his groan from beneath her alerts her to his whereabouts, and she looks down and finally takes notice of what broke her fall.[break][break]

"Ah... right. Good plan. Gooood plan."[break][break]

I9e79OhI
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu2"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu2"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu2"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]