TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
proceeding the blood mud [c/thomas]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 23:46:54 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","desikiss"]
[attr="class","body"]

Though the trip back to Desiree's home in Fortree was quite brief, each passing second felt all the more grueling, once glamorous clothing covered head to toe in blood, mud, and remnants of iron. But it felt good to shed it all away and replace it with her vanity once more, all those clothes she wore left in the trash and all the stains washed away by warm shower waters. She was grateful that Thomas had not let her come back here alone, for she had no idea what could have become of her- and she took her shower quite quickly, a wish to be reacquainted as soon as the two were finished.[break][break]

Her hands graced the neatly folded bundle of her clothes that awaited Thomas when he was done with his, resting on the table outside the guest bathroom. Time moved much slower now, less filled with threats brought upon by ethereal means- and though she should have felt grateful she could return to such brilliant, extravagant fineries after the darkness of the swamp, all she felt was that guilt and hurt. Seeing all the bodies of the Megalopolans, feeling the toxic chain protrude from her skull and her body taken over.. it was something unlike anything other. Perhaps divine punishment for everything that had gone wrong in her past, the universe wishing to keep the ball rolling.[break][break]

But she was out of tears to cry, for she'd shed all of them from the time the ship dissipated to the time she'd opened the door to the executive tree penthouse. Within her numbness, Desiree knew deep down Thomas deserved to know what may have brought on her unwilling wielding of the shearing scissors; and her visceral reactions following that which unfolded. Holding the Flabebe that she'd met with Thomas those months ago at the ranch in her palms, she sat on the couch in the living room, awaiting his emergence from the hallway. She could not help but stare at the glowing herba mystica in the small vase before her she'd just propagated, the only thing that she managed to protect those hours prior.[break][break]

And eating the food she'd ordered for the two before he got out would surely be improper, so she'd wait, hoping to not make any more unintentional mistakes.

[break][break]

NOTES

- post bmi! outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".desikiss"]--accent:#ff9ebe;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 0:27:14 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Like Desiree, Thomas didn't waste his time in the shower. He got himself cleaned up, patching up his wound in the process. During his time cleansing himself of the remnants of their collective ordeal, he began to ruminate on the moment the Toxic Chain manifested itself. Her words under the influence of the Chain echoed in his mind.

"... I will show you what being capable looks like."

Despite the fact that she was under the influence of the chain, Thomas could only dwell on those words. On their prior arguments. Their trip to the Distortion World. The argument right before they went on this ugly trip. Was the chain similar in nature to the Nihilego's Neurotoxins? Ebbing away at the inhibitions of those afflicted?

Once he had finished cleaning up, and patching up, Thomas stepped out of the guest bathroom, to put on the clothes that Desiree left out for him. Though it wasn't normally what he'd wear, beggars couldn't be choosers.

Thomas stepped out of the guest bedroom, to meet with Desiree. Thomas took a seat next to the musician.

"How you holding up?", he'd ask her gently.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
603 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 10:09:49 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was a sight to see Thomas in such flashy clothing of hers, and though deep down she wished she could laugh with him, her mind was cloaked with the terrors of the Megalopolan mud blood. Scooting to give him room on the couch as he approached, she lit two cigarettes and held them side by side, placing both between her lips. "If I said I'm fine now, I'd be lying. And I don't want to lie anymore," she said, stilly looking at the flickering glow of the herba mystica, ".. I feel so uncomfortable in my body now, c'était foutu.. I'm sorry I keep saying sorry for it, but I am so sorry, from the bottom of mon cœur." Despite his assurance in the fact that it was not her bearing those scissors deep down, the guilt from watching it all happen was just so heartbreaking, even if it was just a scratch.[break][break]

Plucking an onion ring with her free hand, she slowly bit away at it until there was nothing left. "There are Megalopolan bodies littering the swamp, just over there.. covered in everyone's blood, my blood, their blood.. and who's to say anyone will believe us when we tell them what happened?" Desiree's thoughts began to spiral aloud, taking extremely long, shaky drags of nicotine to fill the gaps. "Is it just okay to kill, now? We live in such a fucked up world, love no longer prevails, just hate.. and I wanted to prove to myself I was capable of taking on such threats, to feel brave, but I feel so drained, so empty." It was strange to think of how some of those who ventured into the swamp were seemingly unscathed mentally when leaving such a cataclysmic event- were they just okay with all those that had fallen, enemy and victim alike? Aliens had been proven to be unreasonable, that was otherworldly. But the thought of bringing any sentient lifeform to their end at the drop of a hat was far too familiar, far too soul-rotting.[break][break]

A part of Desiree's past that she'd kept hidden from almost everyone in the world, her biggest shame. "I'd like to think you're holding up better than I am, though. Are you?" She sighed, struggling to look Thomas in the eyes. Mind ticking away in every facet, guilt from the past and present coursing.

[break][break]

NOTES

- c'était foutu: it was fucked up, mon cœur: my heart

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".desikiss b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 7:29:20 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas listened as Desiree spoke. The fact that she was smoking two cigarettes at once told him everything he needed to know.

"Desiree, you don't have to apologize to me. It was just a scratch, and I know you weren't in control.", he'd respond to Desiree gently.

Thomas frowned, hating to watch his friend beat herself up like this. The fact that she had no agency in the situation made it harder for him to watch. Still, the burning question lingered in the back of his mind. But he'd hold off on asking, for now.

"I'll make sure they get the message, this time.", he promised Desiree. He did not care how aggressive he'd have to be to get his point across. Megalopolans were back, and were going to pose a threat to the Region. He was going to make sure they failed again. "Considering that this isn't the first time we've dealt with them, they'd be monumental fools to ignore this warning.", he'd add.

"We do live in a grim time, indeed, a time of strife. In order to defend our way of life, to make sure love prevails in the future, we need to fight for it.", he'd tell her, a tone of begruding acknowledgement to the grim reality.

This was what Thomas was afraid of. Though he was aware that Desiree survived the attack by her own father, war was a different beast. He was afraid that such immediate exposure would tear her up. He desperately wanted to protect her. But despite all of that, she came out of the ordeal traumatized.

"I won't lie to you, I'm used to this sort of thing.", he'd admit to her. A statement of fact, not posturing on his end. The insanity plaguing the Region, this world, had become part and parcel to his life. "I'm more worried about you, Desiree."

tags:

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
603 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 9:09:34 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The thought of having to fight for something so natural, what she believed to be the very essence of this world, would have brought a tear to her eye if had not run dry. But it was all true- she had to fight to keep living, to keep loving, ever since the events that unfolded which brought her to the Hoennian soil. It was not surprising to think that Thomas was used to such a thing, as the way he carried himself in the swamp of mud and blood was fitting in that regard. However, she did not wish to accept that becoming one with the terrors that lurked in the cracks of her newfound homeland was the only way to truly thrive, even if that was what she was picking up that she had to do.[break][break]

Numbness coursed through her veins, further prompted by the nicotine that pulled into her throat. "I'm worried for myself, too." she said, looking into the herba mystica sprawled upon the table. Looking him in the eyes while considering laying it all on the table would be too much, so she fixated on the dancing Flabebe instead, spinning its fairy energies around the propagated flora. "When the toxic chain sprouted from my head, it.. took me back to the night in Kalos that changed it all, especially when it made me take the scissors to your skin. And all the guilt from it, too.. even though you say it was just a scratch." Desiree sighed, flicking the ash into the tray in front of her.[break][break]

"It scares me because.. I don't want to be that person, it hurts, mauvaise," she paused, holding a hand to rest on her cheek in dismay, ".. that night in Kalos, I killed mon père just before I fell unconscious.. and I don't want that to define me, it's never what I would have wanted. It goes against everything I stand for, to love.. and it haunts me.." A single tear escaped her eye, one which should not have come. Desiree wished to keep that part hidden from herself, but she also felt she needed to atone- to allow her close friend in after they went through so much in such little time together, to explain why her reaction to such grotesque events had been so visceral.

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 7:47:50 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas quietly listened as she explained what happened. About how the Toxic Chain brought her back to the night of her attack. All he knew was that her father attacked her, mutilating her, before jumping to his death. Though why she'd feel guilty about it was strange to him. After all, he attacked her, nearly killed her in the process.

That was, until she revealed that she killed her father.

"Oh, Desiree.", Thomas blurted out. There was no flinching, no revulsion, no judgment. Just concern for his friend, and a desire to hear her out.

"If you're able to, please, tell me what happened that night.", he asked of her gently. "If you'd rather not, I understand.", he'd add.

tags:

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
603 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 10:46:13 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Telling those close to her what unfolded that night was easier said than done, as Thomas would be the second, even before her mother and sisters. At least, other than the detectives and officers she had silenced with money. Eyes wandering to meet his for a moment before meeting the table, Desiree scooted her finger across the table around the Flabebe in brief hesitation. But he now already knew regardless, so what further harm could come from embellishing the truth with more real details? All she could think was fuck it, and with the mood that was brought on by the aliens in the swamp, it wouldn't be like how she felt could get any worse.[break][break]

That's what she believed, anyway. "It was just like the article posted mid-June, but with a small edit at the end.. if you've read it." She spoke softly, mind drifting off into the ever-familiar past she peered into every night. "His breaking in with Honedge in hand, jumping to protect my mother and making a barricade of my body while they climbed down the fire escape.. his grabbing. We fought for about thirty minutes, I used my furniture and he used his pokemon, all the way to the balcony." Biting her lip, she finished both of the cigarettes as her body began to shake, as if they were experiencing ghost pains for all the flesh and blood she lost that night. Etches into the canvas of her body that now was scar tissue, hidden by the floral tattoos winding from head to toe.[break][break]

"He tormented the five of us, he was known to abuse harsh drugs. We had that in common, once," she sniffled, ".. he taunted me on the railing while I was losing blood, bad. My vision was hazy, and.. I felt cold, so cold that I had accepted my life was over.. But when he said he'd behead me and let it roll in the streets.. I.." Raising her hands to cover her eyes, they felt as if they stung, for pain replaced the tears that she had lacked. The feeling of reliving such things by turning them into words, it was too much, too cruel to ever let wander out. "I used everything I had to push him off, and the only thing that kept me from falling with him was falling backward, unconscious in a pool of my blood. And then I woke up in the hospital, a billion wires connecting me to machines I'd never seen before. Bandages covered thirteen slashes all over me, and I was so numbed by the painkillers.. I couldn't feel a thing other than terror. And I was unable to scream, unable to move."[break][break]

Desiree prayed to all of the gods she could imagine that such a thing would not be too much for him, for it was the ultimate shame. The thing that threatened the enlightened state she wished so desperately to achieve, to live as one with the concept of love.

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 11:33:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

So Desiree had to fight off her own father, who was using a Honedge? Meanwhile, she was stuck using furniture? The fact that she managed to hold him at bay, despite the inherent disadvantages she faced, was impressive. On top of that, she lasted thirty minutes. The context that he abused hard drugs did help fill in some of the pieces somewhat, though the fact that she did too was concerning.

He just hoped the events that transpired didn't cause her to relapse.

After she had finished her story, Thomas offered her a hug. If she accepted, he would hold her reassuringly.

"Desiree, I'm sorry you had to go through that.", he'd begin. "What happened that night, what you had to do, it doesn't make you any less of a loving person. It just means you did what you had to do, in order to survive. While it certainly must've been a hellish ordeal for you, you not only survived, but you saved the rest of your family.", he'd continue.

Thomas sighed. "No matter how much we try to live our lives in peace, no matter how well we abide by the law, dark forces can come after any of us without warning. Sometimes, they might have a reason, whether we're aware of it, or not. Sometimes, they have no real reason, just acting on their sick desires. But all we can do is prepare, and protect ourselves as best we can.", he'd explain softly.

Thomas did what he could, to prevent those elements from going after innocent people. At the end of the day, however, he was only one man. He couldn't save everyone, this much he knew. But he could at least save who he could, or prepare them to save themselves, when the time came.

"Desiree, you're a survivor. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.", he'd assure her.

tags:

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
603 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 3:12:35 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was a beautiful feeling being able to release what she'd felt clawing to come out for so long, the one thing that she had barely told a soul ever since the day it had happened; and it was just as nice to be held, her stillness guiding her to slowly encase her arms around his and nestle her face into his shoulder. As she listened to the words that drifted out of his lips Desiree tried her hardest to take them into her heart, but fear of the perception of others almost felt as if they were blocking them from entering- they were sweet, strong words that she always tried to convince herself, surely. But believing others would think the same sounded too easy, too far from the sinister minds that dotted the horizon, always looking to destroy and cancel.[break][break]

The ultimate con to being a celebrity was always said to be that, losing such a beautiful career due to something so far out of your hands due to constant digging of the press, unable to conceal what should forever be concealed. "Thank you, it's just," she spoke, breaths wisping with harmonious hyperventilation, ".. what if the world thinks otherwise? They could think I'm a murderer, they.. could think I'm toxic, even though I try so hard to be so nice and so loving.. I-" Desiree was paranoid above all else, interwoven in her inability to accept just how cruel and unforgiving the natural order was. However, what had happened in the swamp brought to her that she had to if she were to survive in a place so strange, so heartless.[break][break]

But it broke her heart, being that she had to prepare for such violent misdoings. "When the toxic chain made me hurt you, I watched while it made me move.. it was like it was tugging at me and my desires, my want to prove to everyone that I can be strong.." she said, continuing to bury her head into his shoulder, ".. but is being strong and being a killer hand in hand? Is.. that why?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 8:26:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas frowned as he listened to her response. The fact that the prospect of such bad PR haunted her made him sad. Perhaps Thomas was the last person to talk to on the subject, considering how readily he sullied his good name. How he was once at the top of the world, only to piss it away in what he thought was a calculated move. No matter how badly he wished he could tell her 'fuck the world', he knew that wouldn't fly, not from where she was standing.

"I suppose some fools can't be convinced of the truth. Especially if they want to see the bad in someone.", he'd concede. "I wish it was as easy as saying 'fuck those people', though.", he'd admit to her.

Thomas picked up on her description of the Toxic Chain. How it seemed to take control of the host's body. That they seemed to be aware of what was going on, but couldn't do anything to stop it. Being reduced to prisoners of their own bodies. Such a prospect was horrifying, and silently, Thomas counted himself lucky that he wasn't afflicted with it.

"It's a lot more complicated than that.", he'd begin.

Once again, her statement began to eat at him. Prior interactions, including the one that lead up to their arrival at the swamp, went through his mind.

"Desiree, I remember what you said to me, under the influence. I have to ask, have I been - suffocating you?", he'd finally inquire.

tags:

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
603 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 3:34:32 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

If only it was that easy for her to say fuck them all, while simultaneously captivating the eye of each one of her beholders, holding onto her elusive depiction of perfection and innocence she always retained. Desiree wished for a world where that could be possible, where she could be candid and still seen for the person deep down she wished to be and once was- perfect, precious, spotless. The world and its oddities weren't that kind, though, they never could be. Especially not now.[break][break]

Giving Thomas a final squeeze before retracting from the hug of comfort, she frowned and looked down in dismay at his words that had eaten at him ever since her out-of-body claims. And how complications were fruitful in her question, her pleading with the universe in disbelief. Her heart ached at the thought that he felt that he may have been suffocating her, forcing out another final tear from her dry, golden eyes. It hurt the most because deep down, she knew that their bickering led her unfiltered answer to be an absolute yes.[break][break]

"Thomas, I," she paused, ashamed, ".. all those disagreements we have, you're.. not the only one I've had them with." Raising both of the cigarettes to her lips, she took a long drag of disarray, pondering for a moment just how to put them into words. "It's childish, but it bugs the shit out of me.. it's just.. every time someone tells me I'm not good enough to go somewhere eccentric and cruel, it hurts, because I know how truthful they are deep down. I want to be invincible, and all the time I've spent training my fairies and my garden dwellers.. it just feels like no matter how much thought I put into something, the respect I want to feel is never there only because I have no experience in having the title of a ranger, an officer.. an Elite Four member."[break][break]

Guilt ran rampant in her words, for she felt they were too direct, too vicious to ever leave her lips. But there was no other way to word it, above all else she felt inferior, no matter how hard she tried to prove the world otherwise.

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 6:43:06 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas listened intently to what she had to say. So he wasn't the only one telling her these things. But at the end of the day, it was all the same. She wanted so badly to prove herself, but multiple people shot her down, including himself. The truth was, he wanted to protect her from the horrors the Region had to offer. Perhaps it was that image of innocence she projected that caused him to be so protective of her.

"Desiree, I-", Thomas paused. "I've been such a shitty friend. From day one, I've only been trying to protect you. I've seen so many horrifying things go down in this Region, alone. Nearly six years of senseless bloodshed. Six years of fending off an organization hellbent on world domination. Dealing with alien and 'divine' forces trying to end us. I hate watching it consume good, innocent people. But in trying to protect you, I've ended up sidelining you, treating you like a child.", he'd begin, lamenting the way he'd treated her.

"But if you want, I'll make it up to you. I can give you some training, to help you better handle yourself in this world, this Region. It's a long, hard road to go down, but if you really want to be able to prove yourself to the world, I'll gladly provide you with the skills you need.", he'd offer her.

An offer he should've made from day one. Just like he offered .

tags:

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
603 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 11:14:10 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It hurt just as much hearing his response as it did allowing her blunt words to leave her lips, a blooming sensation of an aching heart casting its petals through the numbness granted from what had unfolded in their extremely recent past. Desiree never wanted someone as close to him as he'd grown to be to feel like they were a shitty friend, especially those that she allowed close to her; though she took to sincerities and wished to be full of love, if she truly felt someone was shitty she was one to restrict contact in every facet. It was a small grudge that tore at her often, sure, but she never wished for others to be caught in its wake.[break][break]

She wanted to face those grudges alone in silence, to not create the opportunity for feelings to turn sour. It was as if she believed the feelings of hers were far less important than the feelings of others, unable to account for herself. "Never say you're a shitty friend, please, don't say that," she said with a sniffle, reaching for his hand, ".. you stuck by my side back there, you always asked if I was okay, even after I hurt you. You protected me.. it's anything but shitty what you've done for me." Thinking about such things, such a genuine wish, brought warmth to her chest. A light cast through the darkness, though temporary, brought by the distraction of the kindness he bestowed unto her.[break][break]

But six years of watching others being consumed by those forces alluded to by so many? It was a story just like all the others had said; just as how they claimed Hoenn was the ultimate destroyer, the taker of everything precious. Desiree did not believe those initial claims, she cast them out in the name of chasing distractions and naivety. To distract herself with any ethereal, vicious, otherworldly feat in the name of fleetingly pushing the thoughts away of her rampant guilt and grief. Some of it saved her in her lowest of lows, some brought the lowest of the lows. But she felt it all until she was numb and allowed it to repeat, yet to be desensitized.[break][break]

"It feels like Kalos was a different world than the one we live in here, I was blind to it all..," she said, holding a hand out to grace the petals of the Flabebe, ".. the Megalopolans, the distorting realities, the lands beyond the rifts.. I never dreamed I'd ever be exposed to things like this, things I once considered fictitious, too cruel to be true. But.. I don't know how to explain it, it's just.. when I first stepped through the opening to the Ultra Deep Sea, it was like I was enamored with magic, even if it proved to be so vile, vicious. I've always wanted to chase it, to distract me from it all.. but each time I think it's going good, Godfrey creeps in, he haunts me.. and to think all this time, he's nothing but a grain of sand in the grand scheme of the universe and its divinities?"[break][break]

She rambled as her mind unwound, a pit in her previously numb stomach beginning to unfold further. It was none other than a feeling of cosmic fear, reinforced by the kiss of the Megalopolans and their virulent Nihilego upon her skin. Bernstein, her father, the cannibals, all shrouded in cryptic, hostile veils; the world was cruel, made cruel by the previously unthinkable. Such fear brought pain to her head as it did the pit, aching. But from within clawed a wish to no longer be the damsel so many saw her as, brought upon by spite, faithfulness lost in the world's natural processes.[break][break]

"If that's what it will take to preserve love in the world, I want to more than anything," she said, taking a drag of her cigarettes in hesitation, ".. I never took what those around me said seriously about the evil in the cracks, how it lurks and bites.. I want to now, I want to prepare for it, but.." Fear began to eat at her curious mind.[break][break]

"What else.. have you seen? Please don't keep it from me, please, fuck the NDA," her words crept out with shakiness, ".. if I'm training to face things like this, I need to know.."

[break][break]

NOTES

-

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 9:26:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Despite her kind words, Thomas couldn't help but hone in on his own faults. Thomas allowed her to grab his hand, gently holding hers. No matter what happened, he was just glad she was alive. And that she'd have the opportunity to heal from her ordeal. Something he intended to help her with.

He'd listen to her in silence, while still showing he was listening to her. Her words caused him to reflect on his own journey, since arriving in this seemingly cursed land. How much he had lost, since coming here. And yet, he couldn't help but be thankful for what he had gained from being in Hoenn.

Such things were what kept him fighting.

Thomas smiled as she agreed to take on his training. Her drive to fight for her beliefs sparked a light in him.

"Buckle in, it's gonna be a long story.", he'd caution Desiree.

He'd begin by telling her about how it all began, with Silas heading up the charge to take Hoenn for Team Rocket. How he lead his division of Rocket as a warband. How violent he had been. And how he had died trying to take Verdanturf. How Rocket seemingly backed off, only to start operating in the shadows.

He'd then tell her about the Ultra Beasts, how they arrived in Hoenn after experiments at the Mossdeep Space Center opened Wormholes that brought them to this world. How brutal the battle was with a Celesteela and Guzzlord that assailed Mossdeep.

The subject of the Megalopolans began with a man named Jules Cotillard. How he had gotten many people to participate in his experiments, before being arrested by the League. How the data he rewarded them with was for a Type: Null. Then there was the attack on the Slateport Night Market, which lead to an adventure into Ultra Space, which heralded a first encounter with the Megalopolans.

Thomas would confess that he was seduced by Yveltal. How he, and five others, acted as their Shinigami. How only three remained, by end of it. How he was tasked with killing Commissioner Goode, only to refuse to do so, defying Yveltal. How Yveltal was influenced by a Nihilego, as Dahlia was. How the three liberated Yveltal from its hold.

Then the Three Day War. About how the Megalopolans made their move. How the Antidote he and Lucas Lane developed from Nihilego samples aided in holding back the rot they brought to their world. How valiantly they fought to prevent them from being their next food source. How many they lost doing so.

And how all the death empowered Yveltal, with him and one other becoming their Avatars. How Thomas wielded intoxicating power, power he kept secret.

How Rocket resurfaced, utilizing deception to con the people of Hoenn into siding with them. He'd then lament about how he wasn't there to defend Sootopolis. How anger caused him to turn against the League, in their time of need. How Yveltal abandoned him, and how he fell down a dark path as the Wraith.

He'd then bring up the Drk Triad, a sinister group seemingly serving Arceus. How their machinations threatened to devestate their world, by bringing a Meteoroid down on their world. How they barely managed to prevent the impact, despite interference from Rocket, who wanted to capitalize off of the coming calamity.

How he'd come to realize how far he'd fallen. And his current desire to redeem himself, for allowing himself to fall to darkness.

tags:

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
603 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 6:09:47 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The fear that she had experienced when faced with the idea of cosmic horrors subsided within her numbness, rings upon her fingers guiding them up and down his hand as he spoke. To think that she could only let out a small chuckle when he said it would be a long story, only to be met with page after page of so many curious things, so many bleak realities; it pained her to think that he had been through so many bad events, just as all those that warned her seemingly had been in as well. But to finally hear all of the grit put into words.. they painted darkened landscapes in her already cracked mind, those which were just like reading a horror novel. She was thankful for his story despite the hurt, and though so much was more than she could take in and retain, she knew the sewn discordance was all out of her control. Preparation was needed tenfold, she could at least acknowledge that.[break][break]

Had she been told all of this before she indulged the swamps, the ultra-deep seas, and the mechanical kingdom's streets, she would have looked at him as if he was crazy, a lunatic, even. But she believed every word that wandered from his lips to her bejeweled ears, there was no reason not to. "Is all of this why," she paused, mind envisioning the wandering of eyes, ".. those people in the swamp, the ones that glared at you? Is that why they did?" Unsure if her question entailed the topic of his fall from the league or his actions as the wraith, her eyes looked up at him with a sparkle.[break][break]

"They can never know you, the real you like you've let me. They won't let themselves see the heart that shines out of you." She said softly, going in for another embrace of a hug if he were to let her. "The way you were out there, Thomas.. you always were looking out for the others, you were always looking out for me. Anyone would be a fool to tell you that you still need to redeem yourself."[break][break]

If only she could have believed in herself as she believed in him. If only she could forgive herself for her dark past, while so many others had been through times that pushed them to tread in the rotting thicket. Desiree was always one to think that way with the others, allowing so many to be pardoned by trusting how she truly felt and how she truly saw them. Her heart was open to others, but so closed to her inner turmoils.[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]