6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Temple of Winds [M][C/Eva]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 5:34:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
' technological marvels had done it again.

It had once helped him ascertain Absolite deposits, which and bravely helped him recover from beneath Lake Pyre. Now, it had helped him learn of the location of another Mega Stone he sought. It was one that would Mega Evolve the second partner Pokémon he had ever caught. What more fitting way was there to travel to its location than on the Pokémon he was to use the Mega Stone on?

Having arranged for a Mega Stone-sized hollow to be cut in the front of Pazuzu's saddle, the index finger of Josh's left hand poked in and out of it as he guided his Pokémon to the desert entrance on Route 111. This was where he had agreed to meet . Maybe he would get another chance to soar on Rayquaza's back. He certainly needed something to cheer him up after the hell he went through on the island north of Dewford. Even if the Peacemaker did give him the chance, he might have to offer a rain check; his body still had a few sensitive spots from when most of his upper body was perforated by Bullet Seeds.

In the meantime, Josh would let Aleph out of his Poké Ball, the bloodthirsty Type: Null's eyes shifting about, looking for an unsuspecting Pokémon to spar with.

IZ526MJ7 Aleph obedience

{WC: 229}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Good
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Mastema       Togekiss       Good
Etali         Kilowattrel    Good
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 6:38:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The nature of the mission was simple but the promise of adventure is ultimately what moved the professor to rearrange her schedule to help Josh with his hunt for a Pidgeotite. Any excuse to get out of the lab and into the field was always a welcome one. Besides, her unique sense of the mega evolution energy may come in handy.

Eva’s smile broadened when she spotted Josh at the mouth of Route 111. She found it appropriate to also bring the subject of the search. Of course, her Pidgeot didn’t need a stone to mega evolve anymore, she had that power at her fingertips.

The avian dove through the cloud, folding their brown wings tight against their trainer as gravity drug them down. Dolly emitted a shrill coo of excitement just before unfurling their wings to bring them to a rather sudden and jarring halt that landed them on the sand beside Josh and his pokemon.

Stumbling off the Pidgeot’s back, Eva shifted her goggles down around her neck, gaining her bearings quite quickly once she struck solid ground, “Hey there, Josh!” she waved, dipping straight into a playful grin, “Fancy seeing you here.”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 17:38:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Eva's presence was welcome, it came as no surprise to Josh. The Peacemaker's supernatural senses and the Science Sisters' technology could locate Mega Stones anywhere in Hoenn's wilds. It was a matter of going out there and finding them. This Pidgeotite, though, would be Josh's greatest challenge yet. It was in a location that could not be directly reached, even by air.

Quickly growing bored that there was no worthy prey around the desert, Aleph about-faced and galloped toward Josh and his Pidgeot steed. Pazuzu blew a TAILWIND in the charging Pokémon's face, slowing him down enough for Josh to withdraw him. "I don't get what his problem is. Aleph is so violent."

Once all was at peace again, he could properly greet the emerald serpent's wielder. "It's been too long. How you been, Eva? Did you and Rayquaza get to escape velocity yet?" As he voiced his words, he couldn't even picture what that would feel like or look like. It was one, if not two orders of magnitude faster than any Pokémon in his arsenal.

The Gym Leader reviewed the briefing that had composed for him. "So the readings came from the peak of a mountain shrouded in a constant fog too thick to see through? Might need to survey just beneath the clouds to find a way inside the mountain itself." The Master of Faster slammed his helmet's visor into place and held Pazuzu's reins firmly. "Ready when you are!"

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 6:17:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 With a shrug of her shoulders, she answered honestly, “Been good!” it’s vague, but true. Not great, not terrible, just good. Busy would be the better term for the chaos of her life, though it’s nothing she needed to weigh Josh down with.

Instead, she let the conversation flow to stay on track and present the mission at hand. She had a chance to review the report in preparation - Eva Morales was always prepared.

The thick fog posed a challenge. It lingered like a stain impossible to get rid of. Even her DELTA STREAM probably couldn’t clear it, “Hm, yes, we’ll have to be careful not to get lost too deep in it,” she could already picture the sharp, jagged, dangerous stone that would likely come out of nowhere if they attempted to simply fly to the top.

“Let’s get to it then!” she shimmied her flight goggles back up over her eyes. Dolly cooed in excitement as Eva swung back onto her partner’s back. She settled into the small saddle and gripped it tight, “After you, Master of Faster!” a TAILWIND stirred behind them at lift off, propelling them towards the top of the mountain with ease.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 22:01:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"We'll probably need to find a way in just below the fog," Josh suggested, watching the Head Professor hop into the saddle of a Pidgeot of her own. Pazuzu screeched alongside Dolly if she so desired. The two TAILWINDS working together thrust the duo forward. While it wasn't quite the EXTREME SPEED the woman's Patron was capable of, the dual hurricane-force winds at their backs did close enough impressions. A big grin found its way onto Josh's face as he soared above the sands. After what he went through in Dewford, did letting loose and just going fast feel good.

As the birds' riders approached, Josh pulled back on Pazuzu's reins, the bird's TAILWIND ceasing. He circled around the crags just beneath the fog, finding something odd. Was that... the tatters of a dusty blue carpet? With both of them on comms due to the nature of their trip, Josh flipped his microphone switch on. "Think we have a hit. Come to my coordinates, would you please?"

Provided the Doctor did so, he would show them a place where they could land near his point of discovery. Now on foot, he would lead the way to where he found the tattered, blue carpet. The natural crags of the mountain gave way to mortars as he made his way inside the mountain. That inside wouldn't last long; after only a few minutes of walking, they would find a blinding light at its end, giving way to what was hidden within the dense fog. If Eva had heard stories of the Braviary's Nest from Shalin, they would come to mind as they beheld what appeared to be the ruins of an even bigger archaeological marvel, hidden deep from view around or above Hoenn. Hidden even from the eyes of the gods.

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/gameboy-advance-gsf/legend-of-zelda-the-the-minish-cap/49%20Palace%20of%20Winds.mp3[/player]

The Palace of Winds.

{WC: 303}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Josh          Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 3:27:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva didn’t have far to travel when signaled on the comms. Due to the dense nature of the fog, she felt it necessary to stick quite close to Josh and his Pidgeot. She instructed Dolly to do so, letting the avian move naturally and by her own judgments amidst the fog. Her KEEN EYES nevered moved from the tail feathers of their brethren.

“Right behind ya,” Eva relayed back, smiling beneath the bandana pulled up over her chin because she was quite literally behind them. The duo followed them down between the pillars of rock to a safe landing space. Dolly chirped softly as Eva laid off her back. The professor gave the Pidgeot a rough tousle of her crown feathers before returning her to her pokeball and moving forward to follow Josh.

Eva’s eyes grew wide as the ruins materialized before them, “Whoooaaaa,” she wouldn’t keep her child-like wonder to herself - such is the thrill of discovery, “This place is amazing!” her pace quickened in excitement.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 6:08:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was equally starstruck at the undiscovered site. If the Braviary's Nest was the first-known stronghold of 's ancestors and bird trainers, then this had to be the pinnacle of their creation. Far above them, dense fog. Below them, dense fog. It was questionable whether even the apex avian predators' KEEN EYES could see through it.

Josh led the way around a winding stone stairway, most of which was surrounded on one or both sides by white, terrifying void. Even the stone itself looked like it could crumble beneath them in places, prompting Josh to consider taking a seat on his Pidgeot's back again. "Watch your footing, and have your flying Pokémon's Poké Ball in your hand at all times. And I thought the waterway you helped find my Absolite at was dangerous. Look at all the bird Pokémon here!" Circling above were many varieties of fully-evolved flying-types brandishing talons that looked like they could shred flesh, human or Pokémon.

As they rounded the last corner, the sound of a small piece of stone breaking away from the staircase made Josh flinch and pick up the pace. "Holy..." he gasped, now on the same level as the ruined palace's main entrance. It would in theory be a hop, skip, and a jump on the back of a flying Pokémon to get there, if it weren't for several Staraptor circling the landing platform above.

Before he could remark on it, a glint from beneath a split brick caught the Gym Leader's eye. He moved the half of the brick covering the sparkle's source: a jagged fragment of a hard yellow, orange, and red stone with an Infinity Energy signature. "This is... This is Pidgeotite, isn't it?" Josh asked, keeping his eyes out for threats before peering around the main structure's southeast corner.

You obtained a PIDGEOTITE FRAGMENT! This is your 1st one!

PIDGEOTITE FRAGMENTS: 1/8

{WC: 315}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 22:30:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The ruins were, well, ruins. The stone was marred with age, cracks carved into them like winding veins. The fog’s hummus air clung to everything around them, giving the stone a sleek, glossy texture - and a dangerous slipperiness. Josh was right to worry, for more than one reason.

However, he may have forgotten who he was talking to. In light of the warning, Eva smiled. She reached out to clapped a stone pillar, a sharp crack echoing off the cavern’s walls, “I can catch myself, Josh. Don’t worry!” Rayquaza’s blessing gave her power over the winds. Those winds could be strong enough to catch her, even lift her back up from where she fell.

The professor’s gaze turned up to see the copious amount of flying-types circling above. Many were larger than she would have expected. These pokemon were likely old and powerful. Her winds probably wouldn’t be much help against sharp talons, huh?

“Errmmm yeah, fair point,” she released Dolly again, but instructed the Pidgeot to hover above them, protecting them from SKY ATTACKS by the wild pokemon.

Josh’s missteps instinctively made Eva reach out to grab the back of his shirt and tug him back to safety. He managed to find his own bearing, but the reminder made Eva stick close by. She followed him up to the same level as the palace’s main entrance and watched the circling Staraptor with him.

When Josh pulled out the fragment of the Pidgeotite, the hairs on Eva’s neck stood up straight. A chill, almost electric, tickled down her spine. She could see the fractured energy wafting off the crystal. It was far more dim than it should be, but it was there, “Oh yeah, that’s a piece of a Pidgeotite alright,” There was no doubt about it in Eva’s mind. Eva wrinkled her nose, pointing out the obvious aloud, “It’s certainly not the whole thing though. I can only feel a fraction of the energy that should be there.”

Her attention moved to the palace, certain there had to be more inside, “Hmmm, that looks like a good place to look for more,” her hand swept over the silhouette of the structure, “We’ll probably have to get rid of those Staraptor though . . . Does Pazu know Whirlwind? Perhaps the combined might of their two Whirlwinds can blow them away.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 5:07:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Right..." Josh sighed. With the Peacemaker and her DELTA STREAM at his side, he did not have to fear falling. If they were ever in truly dire straits, the emerald serpent was a moment away. He hoped he would be able to handle many of the dangers of the Palace of Winds himself, showing how much more resourceful, and how much stronger of a combatant, he had become since the war.

"Sadly, Pazuzu doesn't know how to use Whirlwind," Josh answered. "He's built for racing first and battle second." He backed away to the very corner of the ledge they were standing on, trying to get a view of the platform above. "I see an entrance to the main site... I think," he shakily added with a squint. "I don't like those Pokémon, though. Not from below. I'm gonna head around and look for another way first."

Winding around a rickety-looking concourse, Josh's ears caught something even more curious: the sound of howling winds and the sight of a grate composed of an unknown alloy. Beneath the grate blew an intense wind that lifted Josh off his feet. "Wah!" he cried, landing on his rump. At first glance, science could not explain why the column of wind was blowing.

Wanting to test something, he dropped an empty Poké Ball over the column of moving air. The device went flying high into the air, dropping into the column before seemingly levitating at almost exactly the height of a higher concourse above them. "Fascinating... you think it's a wind-powered elevator?" Josh gasped in awe. Where the ancients lacked in modern machinery, they certainly had their own fascinating technology.

Boarding Resheph, his Dragonair, Josh rode the winds upward to the concourse. It would be trivial for Eva to use the rushing air herself without a Pokémon. They couldn't fly too high, though, lest they get the attention of the many flying Pokémon in the area. While many of them were birds, there were adult dragons on the prowl, too. Getting surrounded by them would be a death sentence.

The upper level took the duo almost all the way around the palace, though they could still not find a back entrance to the main ruins site. Passing by another, similar looking grate, Josh reined Resheph into a vertical position to see above him. There was another level above them, but it seemed really high up; far higher than the moving air would lift them. "That's... really high up. Do your powers include making the air--"

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/gameboy-advance-gsf/legend-of-zelda-the-the-minish-cap/14%20Danger.mp3[/player]

Before Josh could finish, a Swellow, and a giant one at that, blindsided the Gym Leader, carrying him across a narrow pass and onto a stone, windbrisk dais of great size, as though it were a landing platform for bird Pokémon. Resheph was quick to tag the blue bird with a HYPER BEAM, slithering through the air toward her trainer in her exhaustion. That wasn't the only huge and swift bird; there were three more circling above, one that was quick to sink its talons into the Dragonair with an unavoidable AERIAL ACE maneuver!

Meanwhile, Josh's shoulder bled from the flying-type having sunk its talons into him. He struggled to his feet, hurling Raikiri's Poké Ball in front of him. The mythical thundercat threatened to fry anything that approached him, his PLASMA PAWS overflowing with white, arcing electricity.

PIDGEOTITE FRAGMENTS: 1/8

{WC: 573}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Resheph       Dragonair      Fair

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 3:15:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Whoa!” Eva smiled brightly when Josh levitated and then fell on his rump. Naturally, the Peacemaker (and bender of wind) was fascinated by the stream. She rushed over and stuck a hand over the vent. The hiss of a strong wind rushing around an immobile object echoed off the cavern walls, disappearing when she withdrew her arm, “Sweet! We could definitely use this,” amplifying the already strong current would be a piece of cake.

Eva followed Josh and his Dragonair up to the concourse, landing gracefully on her feet with a little push of the wind at her back. Dolly followed, of course, the ever protective Pidgeot hovering over them like an umbrella. Her shadow cruised back and forth along the stoney pathway as she patrolled the skies.

Leaning back, Eva got a fairly mediocre look at the platform Josh was pressed to get to. So focused on formulating a plan, she too didn’t notice the Swellow lunge. Dolly’s shrill call came a little too late, and the flying-type hurled Josh and his Dragonair back to the dais, “Josh!” Eva gasped, following his movements with a concerned glare, “Dolly! Protect them!”

The Pidgeot tucked her wings alongside her body. Her KEEN EYES locked on to the avian assaulting the Dragonair and she dove in with a QUICK ATTACK made of furious and sharp talons that scraped along the other’s back.

“Blade, help Josh!” The Gallade was already out of their pokeball and taking a running leap off the concourse to where Josh was beside his Zeraora. Eva pushed a gust of wind at the pokemon’s back that shot him across the empty space. His hands shimmered with a HEAL PULSE ready to at least help stop the bleeding and ease some of the pain from Josh’s wounds.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 5:39:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Working together with the Professor's Pidgeot and Gallade, the Pokémon were able to dispatch their Swellow assailants. As if on cue, one of the dais' "eyes" composing the floating floor receded behind the other, a glint from beneath catching the Gym Leader's eye. Leaning down as the Gallade's HEAL PULSE soothed his wounds and those of his Pokémon, he picked up the small object hidden away.

You obtained a PIDGEOTITE FRAGMENT! This is your 2nd one!

"Thanks for the save," Josh exhaled as he showed the doctor his find. "Mega Evolution must have been more powerful in the ancient past if the people who once lived here went to such great lengths to prevent people from having it." They weren't wrong, either; the power of Mega Evolution was incredible.

' wind manipulation powers were a known quantity, and one that seemed to be put to good use here. With a little help from his Dragonair, he made his way back to the column of wind. "Looks like we can make it up to the next floor from here," Josh observed aloud, raising his hands skyward before stepping into the fast-moving air. It lifted him up to the second level, the Gym Leader waiting until his partner followed him before proceeding onward.

Before them were more crumbled spans and bridges that would require a flying Pokémon to pass. From beyond what appeared to be a guard tower on the northwest side, he could hear the whistling of more high winds. With the tower in the way and air conditions around him unpredictable, he wasn't comfortable trying to fly around the tower. With how strong the wild Pokémon were, all it could take would be one hit to knock him into the white abyss below. Even if he somehow survived the fall, who would find him in fog so thick?

"You hear that?" Josh asked, drawing notes on his phone's touch screen. While they were well out of the range of service, he could at least run apps by using Local Mode. It was more a PDA than a phone now, but that was all he needed it for. "Let's see if we can get there," he pointed on his map, to a spot directly to the west of where they were... or whichever direction the noise was coming from. With the thickness of the fog obscuring the place, it was difficult to tell which direction was north.

Crossing the expanses of void where conventional travel means had long since collapsed away required some tricky flying, but nothing an Avatar of winds and arguably Hoenn's most skilled rider couldn't handle. As they rounded yet another corner, they would at last get their first clue as to what was in the palace's interior. Along the east side were intermittently-blowing fans composed of Skarmory wing blades, creating huge gusts of wind that would blow even the most stout flying Pokémon away were they caught in the air currents' wake.

PIDGEOTITE FRAGMENTS: 2/8

{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 2:16:23 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s smile thanked Josh for his gratitude. She peeked at the offer glimpse of the shard o the mega stone, “It’s certainly not something to let fall into the wrong hands,” she agreed, her shoulders tensing with a second thought, “Or inexperienced hands,” she defined, leaving the dangers unsaid but easily assumed.

“Shall we?” Josh led them up to the second floor on another strong, concentrated updraft. She continued to follow them, letting Dolly help her across the crumbled bridges to save some of her own energy - this wasn’t going to be a quick or easy journey.

Eva’s ears perked up when prompted. She closed her eyes, listening to the whistling of the winds that surrounded them. It just sounded like white noise to her. She may be in control of the winds, but that didn’t mean she understood how they moved through structures like this. Perhaps with a little concentration and instruction she could, “I, uh, think so?” she said with complete uncertainty.

Her fingers stroked the smooth brown feathers of the Pidgeot as she glanced at the little map he had drawn, “Ok, seems like a good plan,” made sense with what little knowledge they had. She let Josh take the lead again and mounted Dolly to follow after him. They banked sharply to round the corner and Eva’s attention was caught by the glimpse of the palace’s interior. She probably would have directed Dolly around the powerful stream made by the Skarmory blades but she didn’t. They were momentarily sent spinning in the gust, the Pidgeot barrel rolling through the sky while Eva clung on for dear life. A well placed AIR SLASH gave her just a moment of freedom from the stream which allowed to her dip out of it and rejoin Josh, “Careful,” Eva chattered, still clinging to Dolly’s neck a little too hard.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 4:49:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, too, utilized Pazuzu to save energy; with how high up each new floor was, it waz clearly designed to be traversed by bird Pokémon or powers bestowed upon the palace's residents by bird Pokémon. The columns of air threatened to destabilize even Pazuzu, and they did in their first battle with the fierce winds; the Gym Leader and his steed had dove half a floor, catching the attention of two Swellow. The giant, racing-trained bird got them off his trail with a dizzying burst of AGILITY that made even Josh catch his breath when he rejoined .

An array of stained-glass windows adorned the north side of the palace's second level. Beyond them appeared to be apartment-like residences, almost like college dorm rooms. The scale of the place was incredible; it was almost like a small city in the sky, only accesible to those who had tamed bird Pokémon. To think something like this could have existed in the clouds was astounding to think about. "Hey, look at this - they acknowledged your Patron," Josh pointed out the rough image of the emerald serpent in one of the windows.

The views inside, while fascinating, still gave them no clue how to get inside, even as the duo came to another column of air they could ride up to the third floor. "So what you been up to?" Josh asked. "I finally made some advancements in my bid for Champion. Barely took down after two attempts. Just gotta get through , and I'll be able to rematch Kyle and his Entei."

PIDGEOTITE FRAGMENTS: 2/8

{PC: 7}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 20:25:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva gazed danced over the colorful array of stained glass windows as they flew by. She relaxed a little, having Dolly slow down so she could admire the impressive craftsmanship. Overall, it was a beautiful and impressive structure. It made their modern architecture look so bland and boring. They had lost the art of beauty for the favor of profits. What a pity.

Eva glanced over to where Josh was pointing and smiled. She wasn’t surprised there was a tribute to Rayquaza. They were, after all, the god of the winds. Any flying enthusiast would be humbled in the legendary’s presence and find a unique appreciation of their powers.

“Maybe I should get some stained glass like that for my own house,” it would be pretty unique and would also pay tribute to her patron. Eva made a note to return to that idea when they were done with this mission.

Casual conversation ensued in a momentary dull in the excitement. Dolly was still diligent in monitoring for threats while Eva shrugged her shoulders to Josh’s question, “Ooohhh nothing too crazy. Still spread pretty thin at the office so managing that, you know?”

The nitty gritty of her day to day was not interesting so she didn’t expand on the subject. Josh’s was far more interesting, “Wow that’s amazing! What a journey!” she praised, unmistakable tones of respect woven into the words. Josh had always been an impressive man so she wasn’t surprised, “Let me know when that rematch is! I’ll come cheer you on,” maybe she could learn a thing or two by watching them.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights