awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 17:34:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
leviathan had been speared through, organs wrenched from his body by a boulder of matias' making. the flygon had died at his hand, but ultimately, it died by her actions. she's learning not to regret the past, but that blood still stains her, and she know it does not stain him. or maybe it does, but there's so much blood dripping off of him that it doesn't matter. not to him.

it was a calculated, antagonistic act, opening with echo, and she's currently paying the price for that. flurried wings stop, breath halting, tail swinging furiously as she's thrown against the ground. 

but this time freya keeps a level head. 

the earth groans and sand skitters over the pitch, entombing. golds lift, for the first time, from the cacophony of battle, and to her opponent.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,082 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 9:45:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

perhaps defying expectations, he has been silent through the entire battle, only having delivered quick greetings to before submerging himself into the thick of the battle, knowing that his attention is needed if he wants to put up a decent fight.[break][break]

when he eventually peels his gaze away, the look behind his eyes is not tainted by the same animosity and hatred that he had once felt—and still feels—towards her, but it is lighted by the unexpected amiability of a foreign kinship.[break][break]

the shadow-afflicted lucario on the field dons a different demeanor, aggressive and wild as STONE EDGES burst from the ground.[break][break]

"having fun, councilwoman?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 16:57:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
this is the man who ruined her partner's life. this is the man that keeps him in the shadows. this is the man who robbed him of fatherhood. she has come to terms with what fernando did to her. she has come as close to forgiveness as possible. but him?

she would still be satisfied, seeing him burn.

rock explodes and a low rumble in her own throat has echo rolling away, palm flung out, crashing earth to earth. tectonic plates shaking and shuddering, the only world that matters now is here of their own making. what will they have made, by the time this is finished?

he surprises her by talking first, words lacking the stringent bite she's come accustomed to. 

they haven't shared words since aqua.

"always enjoyed the circuit," she answers amicably, gaze darting to the cameras recording their battle. "it's been a long road. i'm happy to be here."

her words are sweet, but she is stone-faced, lips thin and brows drawn in concentration.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,082 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:02:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

since aqua, they have been amicable as much as their positions in the league allow them to be, keeping mostly to themselves unless required otherwise. he surprises himself, too, by talking first.[break][break]

"it really has."[break][break]

not only for but also for matias, both having gone through so much on their paths only for them to finally meet again. he wonders,[break][break]

"why now?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 1:57:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it gets the better of her, in the end. electric shadows arc out from the lucario's palms and freya grits her teeth, realizing too late that their opponent is afflicted much the same way as one of her salamence is. 

she withdraws echo and replaces her with miirym. each strike the lucario lands will strip it of more of its power and miirym knows just when to surface, just how much pain to take, before lashing out in full force against her opponent. 

he echoes the same question asked her during her interview. it doesn't surprise her to learn he hadn't watched it. 

an infestation festers in the shadows.

"there's no better time than the present."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,082 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 6:12:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

matias claims first blood.[break][break]

despite lucario's INNER FOCUS, he can see the restlessness it shows, aggression heightened by being shadow-touched. it rushes into the next fight without hesitation, PSYCHIC and STONE EDGES at the ready.[break][break]

no, he didn't watch 's interview because he assumed nothing interesting could be gleaned from it. it's better to hear from the challenger in person, regardless, and so he continues with his line of questioning, except this one pertains more to his situation.[break][break]

"is it too late for me, do you think?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 6:29:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
brute strength can find no purchase on whispers and shadows. leering swings are marked, outlined on brief flashes of white, as miirym dismantles the twisted creature and its false claim to her dominion.

glowing yellow eyes emerge from the shade, jaw parting, a phantom come to devour its offering.

freya's hands curl to fist. every run-in, he has proven brash and tactless. this is out of left field. his anger is not the wildfire she's become accustomed to. what's changed?

she hates this man. she hates what he's done, what she knows he's willing to do again. and she hates that, in this moment, she sees herself in him. that fragile, unkillable self that tells her you will never find redemption.

"only if you let it be," she says, lips curled in a half-snarl. "focus on the match. your lucario's fumbling."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,082 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 6:51:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

lucario has done what it needed to do. for it to lose control now is expected. it needs some form of guidance from its trainer or else it'd simply crumble to its own belligerence.[break][break]

"what would you suggest i do?"[break][break]

his focus is elsewhere, however, and telling him to focus only dissuades him from doing as much.[break][break]

quickly, lucario begins to fall.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 5:05:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
fists fly in frustration against a ghastly whisper. there's a glint of cerulean scales, shadows struggling against each other, and freya runs her tongue along her teeth. a sharp snarl from behind her teeth and miirym is granted her window. 

he ignores her in favor of his own desires - an answer, in all honesty, to her question or a misguided attempt at misleading her, she isn't sure.

"you could start by not killing your colleagues' pokemon."

miirym burrows her fangs through steel.

"or cheating on your partners."

the infestation swarms.

"or listening when someone tells you to pay attention to your match."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,082 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 5:48:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he wants to meet every suggestion offers him with strong defiance, fueled by all the wrong he has experienced in the past and the hypocrisy that stands before him now. but, with the passing of time, he has learned to quell the flames, not extinguishing them but reducing them enough to swallow his pride.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

he says after a pause.[break][break]

"i'll listen."[break][break]

and as his lucario falls to the ground, knocked unconscious, he replaces it with tangrowth, showing her the respect she deserves. subconsciously, his choice had been made with in mind as he opted for a choice that reminds him of her. she would like his tangrowth, he thinks.[break][break]

GRASSY TERRAIN spreads out across the battlefield, filling it with vegetation and flora.[break][break]

"but you have to be fair in your judgment. not only you but the rest of your colleagues as well."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 6:36:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

vines spread in a tangle as soon as the new pokemon hits the battlefield. miirym is choked in the undergrowth as weeds take root. her body flits, transparency rippling down her shape as she shrugs her corpus through the briars.

onto the field. exposed. she has an out if she needs it, but she takes the offensive, fueled by her mistress' growling laughter.

"thats the thing, matias. we don't. no one owes you anything. you want respect? you want trust?

quit demanding the world cater to you and earn it."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,082 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 7:54:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"why bother earning it when it wouldn't matter in the first place?"[break][break]

he asks in return, voicing instead of barking.[break][break]

"the world doesn't have to cater to me but it has to meet me halfway. you have to, councilwoman, because i can't be the only one trying."[break][break]

from the GRASSY TERRAIN comes many roots and vines that lash out across the battlefield in vicious POWER WHIPS.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 17:13:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"does it not matter to you?" she asks, perplexed. he's come to remind her of a toddler - pulling hair and poking fun for attention, no matter the kind. she doesn't believe in evil for the sake of evil. not really. not anymore. 

she laughs churlishly when he insists his audience still play nice, despite his pinching. 

"and what are you trying? i've been perfectly civil. i've kept to my work. i've left you to yours. what more could you want?"

the vines ensnare miirym's more corporeal part of her body, dragging her down into the writhing nest of briars. she twists and her infestation cascades off of her scales, worming into the soil, working its way to the source. her cursed body poisons the earth that's become an extension of the tangrowth.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,082 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 4:39:02 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

dragapult's CURSED BODY poisons the earth in a familiar way, reminding him once more of and her blight. tangrowth attempts to shake off the INFESTATION with a KNOCK OFF before scattering a cloud of SLEEP POWDER over the dragon.[break][break]

"and i've done the same. i've adhered to the added surveillance, i've kept out of trouble, and i'm doing my best to be civil with everyone."[break][break]

the bare minimum, really, expected from anyone working in the league. still, he voices his thoughts aloud, sharing with in a way he never would have before.[break][break]

"i just want to feel supported, that's all."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 6:19:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she is careful to let only her amusement show on her face - not the wary distrust. a lie leads a man from a grove into a jungle. powdery spores cling to miirym's scales, quelling her struggles. she's withdrawn, tugged gently from the tangle of vines and in her wake ripples poisonous sludge, the elegant fanning of kelp-like fins.

the weekly reports submitted to the desks of the council and commissioner tell a different story than what's spun behind his viperous tongue.

she says, "that's what your support network is for. friends, family. people you've built trust with. surely you have someone like that." her tone is soft enough to come off as compassionate, but her consonants are annunciated with derision.