awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 5:23:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he has no authority to slander her, but she welcomes it. let him slip into his obscenities and insanities. let him accuse her when she has been nothing but pleasant, smiles and wiles and as poisonous as the rot that festers in his tangrowth's vines. 

"yes," she says with a turn of her head, "i'm sure, but are you consorting with him? what would provoke you to find someone so off the radar if not to consort with someone who has old rocket connections?"

frost creeps ever-forward. the air is sharp and frigid. 

"finding no satisfaction among your peers, you feel your allies are one step away from turning on you, so where do you go? to rocket."

there is a bottle of 's perfume on his desk; a holiday gift with no sender attached. 

she chuckles. "we can continue to make pointless, baseless accusations if you'd like all day, matias, though my story sounds a bit less far-fetched than your own."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 9:30:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"justice. why else?"[break][break]

he tilts his head at , unyielding in his advance because he knows she's playing the part of a fool to save face.[break][break]

"it took little to no effort for me to find , a turncoat, war criminal, and known rocket, active or not. so little effort in fact that it made me question why you weren't able to find him in the first place."[break][break]

tangrowth succumbs to the cold, its POWER WHIP never finding its mark as it slows to a halt. it falls to the ground, tumbling like an ice cube.[break][break]

"is bringing the man who attacked our esteemed professor not a high enough priority for you?"[break][break]

he clicks his tongue, recalling his pokemon.[break][break]

"it's just a shame about his daughter. she deserved a better life."[break][break]

bait comes in the form of past tense.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 18:28:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"that's a question for our police department," she scoffs incredulously. she feels herself a broken record. if he's trying to make a point, he's doing a piss poor job of it. it's not her job to chase after every turncoat that's defected to rocket. 

her smirk deepens. 

memories of galar have done nothing but burden her. she scored them into her body, burned them into her synapses, so that she may measure her own grief. but here, and now, there is satisfaction in knowing forgave him. and though that forgiveness has been lost, she knows that it is possible

that smirk curls. her baxcalibur breathes steadily on the snowfield while she holds her own. 

he makes the mistake in thinking that her heart is here, on this field. that she would bring it anywhere close for him to shatter. she has what he doesn't - pieces of her cherished by loved ones, held steadfastly, allowing her to overcome her anger in an instant. 

she will find the truth later, but right now, if she falls prey to his bait, it will ruin everything. she does not give ground.

" attacked her on the field against kyurem," she says. "i care more about bringing the avatar of wo-chien and tapu fini to her knees more than i do some turncoat you seem to have a personal vendetta against."

her baxcalibur waits. the field is hers.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 4:47:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"yet both yourself and attacked me in lilycove."[break][break]

he allows the revelation to simmer in the lenses of the peeping cameras.[break][break]

"you seemed to not care about justice then, i assume because of your personal feelings for the turncoat, but no, let's talk about justice."[break][break]

the fires that razed kanto reflect in his gaze as he stares down .[break][break]

"what about justice for all the lives he's taken? there were fifteen people in our squad in kanto. killed thirteen of them. they were good, honest soldiers fighting for the league. fighting for their home. but that's just another number for you, isn't it?"[break][break]

he clicks his tongue.[break][break]

"be honest, councilwoman. your care is selective to those you have a personal connection to."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 5:45:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she cocks her head. 

"lilycove? i think you're misremembering. we skirmished in littleroot when you set your patron on nearby homesteads." she pokes gentle holes in his story, searching for cracks in his fracturing state of mind. 

ice squeals under the intense heat of his next pokemon and niv-mizzet roars welcomingly to his new opponent. every mote of fire thrown his way only fuels his prowess; icicles come together swiftly and more dangerously, the temperature drops in the room, and glee alights in the dragon's eyes. 

"to be quite frank, i don't give a shit about the squads in kanto. i don't care about the past. i care about hoenn's present and its future."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 8:25:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he cocks his head in return, wearing confusion as she pokes holes in his unraveling psyche. he realizes a little too late.[break][break]

"littleroot. correct."[break][break]

but he makes no attempts to defend his patron.

anger rises like the SUNNY DAY above them only to pour out as intensely as magmortar's FLAMETHROWER at the confirmation that 'doesn't give a shit.'[break][break]

he snaps, pointing an accusatory finger.[break][break]

"you should give a shit! you should care! why don't you?"[break][break]

why is he, of all people, the one to tell her as much? he, the man complicit with the invasion of sootopolis. he, the man many deem the volatile. why him?[break][break]

"you're dooming hoenn to fall the same way kanto did."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 17:15:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
artificial sunlight turns harsh. flames pour from the magmortar's arms and niv-mizzet weaves around them, though the terrain is more difficult now; ice starts to give way to watery slush. but every lash only makes niv more dangerous, cells churning through thermal exchange.

and finally, as he breaks, she laughs. 

"i'm saving hoenn. what do you think i do all day, matias? while you chase after the past, i lay the foundation for our future."

an avalanche tumbles forth, intent on swallowing him whole. 

"i help rehabilitate pokemon affected by rocket and local disasters. i oversee the amnesty program with . i saved our councilman - your brother -  from death. i held off three legendaries and two fucking avatars by myself.

"i am there when my people need me. my friends. my family. i work myself to the bone because i have people worth fighting for. so don't tell me otherwise just because you don't."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:31:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"saving hoenn? saving hoenn? ha!"[break][break]

his arm swipes in an arc to form a shield of earth tall enough to protect magmortar from the brunt of 's AVALANCHE. chunks of ice and debris scatter against earth, soon melting to the ground as magmortar's FLAMETHROWER intensifies.[break][break]

she brings up and , two idiots in the league who would be lost without guidance. but since they've latched onto the likes of and , leaching off the efforts the council puts in, they remain, and they are valued.[break][break]

but when she brings up , his expression twists.[break][break]

"don't kid yourself. you saved him by his design."[break][break]

he spits.[break][break]

"you're only there when your people need you, those you give a shit about, but what about the rest of us?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 16:00:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
therein glows the tendon, fat and thick. one slash at his heel - the utterance of his brother's name - and he's become undone. she pities him in brevity; for so long, she measured her own worth against fernando and it brought her only misery. it only gave him power. 

the wall comes up between them and her victory is had. the tectonic plates of his mind are still shifting, still dangerous (maybe now more than ever), but caverns are yawning open, inviting her in for exploitation. 

her breath catches. the air is thick with steam. her side of the field is still encrusted with ice, but niv has to take careful steps backwards away from the encroaching flame, enduring the heat.

seeds of doubt still fester in her skin, laced with bitter traces of resentment. there will always live in her that self-doubt: that he made her. that he shaped her decisions. that she never truly escaped because in the end, it was all part of his plan. 

hatred glimmers in golds, but she chokes it down. 

she looks at her enemy across the field, cowering behind his walls, and she says, "i'm sorry you're hurt."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 16:39:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"fuck off."[break][break]

hatred glimmers in crimson, and he lets it spill out as intense as the FLAMETHROWER from magmortar's cannon. its other one points skyward, and from it rains down LAVA PLUME.[break][break]

his gaze does not shift away from .[break][break]

"you're only where you are now because of him. he fucking made you, so show some respect."[break][break]

unknowingly, his words dig deep to find seeds that have long sprouted only to attempt to rip them up to the surface.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 0:55:45 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
amidst the smoke and steam and flying shrapnel, he cannot see the tightening of her jaw. he rubs salt in old wounds, but her sutures hold fast. the only person strong enough to tear her apart has done so, countlessly. far more hatefully than he ever could. 

and she has long since shed the skin of her own self-loathing.

"i respect him," she says measuredly. that's why he's alive. "your choices are your own, matias. whatever you've done, you can't blame him."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 5:25:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

finding a gap in 's focus, matias capitalizes with another flick of his wrist, this time sending an EARTH SPIKE crashing into baxcalibur's back to push it forward into splattering LAVA PLUME.[break][break]

"you're fucking right my choices are my own."[break][break]

he spits, watching FLAMETHROWER pour over the ice-dragon.[break][break]

"i don't blame him. in fact, i respect him more than people think i do. he's my fucking brother after all."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 5:37:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"tzarafar," she snaps under her breath as an earth spike dislodges itself from the ground and careens into niv-mizzet's back. the baxcalibur can't turn in time and he's exposed to a deluge of flame. he could go on and grapple with the magmortar with murderous intent, but freya recalls him. 

her sygna suit flares to life. metalwork knits seamlessly over her training garb as lyune's bulk hits the battlefield. spittle flies from his maw as he roars. draconic flames pulse bright purple from his throat. 

"even though he made you too?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 6:36:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"made me?"[break][break]

it doesn't take much when he had already been dancing along the edge, toying with luck and time thinking he'd be safe.[break][break]

's words find purchase, dragging unwanted feelings to the surface the same way he'd done to her.[break][break]

magmortar's flames are dwarfed by salamence's, red mingling with purple in a drowning vortex of flames.[break][break]

"where was he when i was defending our fucking home? fighting battle after battle, soaked in blood and sweat, where was he?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the exile
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 7:17:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
made him into this horrid, broken thing. this can't be groudon, not entirely. erosion of the mind would drive anyone to madness, but she's seen a cosmic level of unhinged. and each breath of vitriol she spits his way only tips him closer to the ledge. 

"i don't know," she says, but he's not really looking for answers from her. 

all she knows is that her home is here and her people are here and she will not be torn down from men like him. not again. never again. 

lyune's wings unfurl and he takes to the sky, away from the clutches of matias' earthen powers. comets gather in his mouth; galaxies swirl in his spirit; the song of ancients swims through his veins. 

"it's so easy to be hateful, isn't it?"