[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
toxic takeover mission

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
With a pant, Stormy lowers her arm from her eyes, taking a step back. They were pushing too hard, moving too quickly. [break][break]

"Hold on! If we keep pushing them, more will explode. We can't risk the lives of civilians due to our impatience and incompetence."[break][break]

She snaps, glancing over her shoulder to the small unit of officers nearby. They had requested her help and yet now, when given the opportunity to take it, they seem agitated. She was still seen as a child barely old enough to lead. Or they were just stubborn, power-hungry pricks with a desire to assert their dominance. Some of them were green in their uniforms, appearing queasy to be dealing with such a violent threat so early in their training.[break][break]

"These Weezing are unstable and agitated. One wrong move and they'll-- no!"[break][break]

Her hand extends in a futile attempt to stop them, but one of the young and rash officers steps out of line. His Luxio launches forward with a crackle of electricity, startling one of the nearby Weezing. It surprises the wild Pokemon, causing it to spray acid in a wide arc. It lands on someone next to it.[break][break]

"Blissey, we have an emergency!"[break][break]

On her right, the woman's Arcanine surges forward ahead of the Blissey, intervening in time to pull the man out of harm's way. The Weezing returns to the group of fellow gaseous poison-types. They tremble with anticipation and the officer at fault is reprimanded. Stormy and Blissey hurry to the victim's side, but the woman's face is frustrated as she leans over him.[break][break]

"You were too close to them, idiot."[break][break]

Blissey's HEALER ability along with her soothing HEAL PULSE set to work on clearing away whatever injury he may have.[break][break]

[break]

notes: gaslight mission

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@anyone

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #170D1E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #170D1E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/zPfRTjM/stormyh-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 18:42:26 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Shouldn’t you be saying something like ‘are you okay’ or ‘next time, don’t get too close’ when playing medic?” His voice appeared from behind her first, scolding with a jesting edge to his tone that almost seemed incompatible with the situation that surrounded the area in the form of a pale, acidic mist. It might have appeared insensitive, if Angelo’s voice hadn’t been level, his smiling expression softened by a sombreness swimming in the blue of his eyes. If he hadn't been talking to a familiar face. “You know, something encouraging.

Before Stormy could turn, he threw the bandana that had been stuffed into his pocket around her face, tying the patterned fabric at the back of her head in a knot so that it covered her nose and mouth. He usually used it when cycling in dustier or colder climates but he figured that it could prove useful in the midst of the Weezing stench, too. Although he wished he had more than one...

It had been a usual delivery day, at least until his route brought him through Rustboro City, where the rippling whispers of their poison problem rang in his ears. By the time that he had dropped off his delivery, whispers of a familiar name had weaved itself into the discussion of the Weezing flock and his intrigue had turned into steps in her direction before he could consider. He was sure that Stormy would be able to handle it herself but, well, perhaps his protective side was showing a little too much… He was at the scene before he knew it.

Or maybe you just need someone who can listen to some sound advice.” Hand placed on her shoulder, he hummed and tilted his head, raising his brow towards the officer who had opted not to heed warnings of a seasoned trainer – an elite, apparently – and acted on impulse. Not that Angelo could talk, he supposed, since he was here right now without invitation.

Need me to do anything?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 22:07:44 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
toxic takeover mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy uses a torn-off piece of her uniform to quickly dab away the remaining acid. Where she wipes his chest and shoulder clean, her Blissey performs her HEAL PULSE quickly an efficiently. The skin that bubbles and blisters is smoothed over into sensitive skin and scar tissue - but he would recover. The woman has the strangers chin pinched between her fingers, and aggressively. It's likely the poor man is in worse pain because of her than because of the damage the weezing had done to him.[break][break]

There is a voice over her shoulder that surprises her, however, and Stormy pulls back, releasing the ranger cadet and startling as a bandana is wrapped around her mouth and nose. Her hand rises to grab hold of whoever is tying it behind her head, her fingers gripping hard. When she turns around, she meets a familiar face. She appears bewildered for a moment, eyelids fluttering as she gives the man a once-over. He isn't wearing ranger uniforms, isn't carrying the proper equipment. [break][break]

"Angelo? Wh-what? What the hell are you doing here?"[break][break]

The cadet mutters his apologies and Stormy glances back at him, nodding her affirmation and waving him away.[break][break]

"Get back into formation and stay with your group. If I catch you overstepping again, it won't just be your life on the line."[break][break]

Stormy absently strokes the fabric of Angelo's bandana, momentarily distracted but grateful for the additional barrier it offers her. She steps aside, effectively grabbing hold of Angelo's arm and pulling him along with her, out of the way as the next line of rangers steps in to try and settle the agitated wall of Weezing.[break][break]

She feels the man's hand on her shoulder and she instinctively shakes it off before staring at him, wide-eyed and overwhelmed.[break][break]

"I need you to go home before you get hurt. What are you doing out here? You aren't a ranger, you're going to get yourself killed, dude!"[break][break]

But she takes a look around, removing her hand from his arm and instead running it through her hair. [break][break]

"I need.. I need a plan. I need a way to incapacitate these wild Pokemon without setting them off. They're unstable and my rangers are about to self-destruct as well. We're all on edge and that is dangerous. We're dangerous, and we're going to get ourselves hurt."[break][break]

She seems strained and confused, shaking her head. She needed someone to snap her out of it.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #170D1E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #170D1E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/zPfRTjM/stormyh-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 20:33:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Angelo doesn’t seem bothered when Stormy grabs him by the arm and begins to drag him away, instead seeming more preoccupied with using his free hand to rub at his nose, resisting the urge to sneeze as the fumes tickle in an unpleasant way. Unlike when she had berated one of her rangers in front of witnesses, it seemed the elite had opted to give him a more beneficial treatment, shepherding him off to the side and away from prying ears for a light grilling. Angelo raises an eyebrow but he doesn’t snap back, Stormy’s frustrations rippling off her in waves. A calm expression, long drilled into him from days left behind in Alto Mare yet not forgotten, automatically slips into place in response.

I’m going to be fine; you know that I can take care of myself, Storms.” He responded with a level response and small smile, his feet remaining glued to where she led him, off to the side but still within the realms of the poisonous pokemon. “But I’ll stay back here, if that gives you some peace of mind. Promise.” He had no intention of going anywhere. Ranger or not, he was not green to the world of pokemon, battles and the danger that had been lurking around the corner of Hoenn these past few years. Situations like this, although he did not wish the potential threat on anyone, he could not deny there was a part of him which lured him in. Made him want to feel the adrenaline and experience the rush of being alive.

Besides, as her friend, it would be kind of an ass move to just leave her to it. He didn’t want to turn his back when she looked so frazzled.

Woah,” he broke in as she began to ramble about all the things that were clouding her mind, a palm rising in a signal to stop, looking at the young woman as he broke in mid-sentence. No wonder she looked frustrated with all of that swimming around in her head. “Okay. Maybe we should go about this one thing at a time, alright?” Turning on his heel to look at the situation and standing with her shoulder to shoulder, Angelo raises a lightly curled fist to his lips, scanning and considering the situation before them. It looked like the rangers were approaching the Weezing in a line, the floating purple poison bulbs drifting along the length of the street, spread out and puffing out fumes each time a wave pushed forwards.

Your rangers. How about we start there?” He glances over at Stormy, hoping to gesture her in a single direction, rather than having her thoughts all over the place. “If we could gather the Weezing into a group, keep them contained, that might help with our tension. It should make it easier to subdue the pokemon and they won't be able to spread out, too. What do you think?” If they contained them into a cluster, circled around them, perhaps then the rangers would feel more at ease knowing they have them surrounded. And, just like Stormy hopefully would feel by focusing on the main issue at hand, feel more in control. Absentmindedly, a hand buries in his pocket, smoothing over a pokeball as he reminds himself of his promise.  

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 22:55:04 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
toxic takeover mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Her fingers slip against his jacket as she pulls her hand back to herself. She seems rattled and overwhelmed, as if she's fully realising the severity of the situation. What scared her more was that she wasn't fighting aliens. This was a puddle compared to the ocean of trauma that waited for her in the near future. [break][break]

Stormy exhales as he speaks, and she calms at the use of his nickname for her. Crimson eyes study him for a moment as he smiles at her. The woman scratches absently at her scalp as she tries to force herself into a state of calm, of focus. These were her rangers, mostly. They were under her command and looking to her for guidance and confidence. For the most part they've kept the Weezing under control, but that control was slipping with Stormy's fear.[break][break]

He halts her rambling with an open palm and she sucks in a breath, watching him. The man turns to the side to survey their situation and his shoulder brushes hers. She instinctively opts to lean against him just a little bit, as if she is subconsciously seeking comfort or guidance. Despite her ego and her pride, the woman listens quietly as he explains what he's seeing, what he thinks should take place.[break][break]

The woman nods slowly, as if piecing together what it is he's trying to say. Her rangers were pushing as if they were a wall, rather than a net. In response, the Weezing were pushing back in a similar manner, puffing smoke and poisonous fumes. Stormy releases a shaky breath, clenching her fists until her knuckles turned white.[break][break]

"I-I think you're onto something, Angelo. Yeah, yeah -- I think you've got it."[break][break]

She reaches for his elbow, squeezing it thankfully before she takes a deep breath. From her belt she releases a pair of shiny-coated Pyroar. They shake out their fur and their tails wave back and forth while they wait for orders. Stormy releases Angelo's elbow and offers him a smile. She seems to have been rejuvenated with confidence.[break][break]

"Okay, I need your help. Don't get too close, but I need you to help us build this man-made net. Stick with me, alright?"[break][break]

She whistles for her Pyroar and the pair of lions leap into action. Stormy begins shouting brief orders to her team, encouraging them to surround the Weezing from a distance before closing in. Those armed with gas-masks are the first defense, and it seems that they are wielding a rubber blanket. It is long enough to cover the half dozen Weezing in front of them. All they needed to do was be patient and throw it over the Weezing. The weights on the bottom would drag the Weezing to the ground for them to handle recovery.[break][break]

"Blissey, I need you to start singing. It'll slow them down and make them easier to get close to."[break][break]

She fishes plastic bags from her pockets, tossing one of the two to Angelo. Inside are a pair of ear-plugs. [break][break]

"Make sure your ear-plugs are properly equipped, I don't want to see anyone falling asleep on the job!"[break][break]

A few rangers chuckle, but everyone takes a minute to make sure their ear-plugs are properly embedded in their ears. The collective nod is the go-ahead Blissey needs to begin her hypnotising song. The Weezing blink wearily as the rangers collectively begin to circle around them.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 20:48:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 He kept his musings vague, open ended, so that Stormy could take inspiration from them and twist it into something that would work for her. All she needed was to take that moment to breathe and sort through all of the frustrations that seemed to have been bothering her. He hoped his nudging towards a direction was enough for the elite to find a foothold; she just needed to boost herself over the obstacle.

I didn’t do anything, you’re the one with the plan, right?” He smiles at her as he feels fingertips curl around his arm, remaining by her side as she seems to find some clarity amongst all of the chaos, reaching up to give her hand a reassuring squeeze before she splinters away to get back to work. Angelo feels the tension that had creeped into his shoulders relax as Stormy detaches herself with a smile that radiates with a newfound burst of confidence. “You’ve got this, Storms.

He had been prepared to make do with his promise to stay out of the way of the ranger’s work, his fingertips slipping into his pockets to absentmindedly twirl the loose change and stick of gum that he had left within the depths, to smother the desire to get in on the action. It seemed Stormy had other ideas, though; one that he couldn’t turn down. A grin curled at the edge of his mouth, electricity coursing along his skin, as a breath of amusement falls past his lips. “Got it. Stay close and try not to upstage your rangers. I can manage that.” There’s a playful tone to his voice as he hums close enough to her to keep the joke to himself. It may not be a fierce battle but he’d take it.

He releases Antlia from her pokeball as he trails after Stormy, half-listening as she barks out orders to survey the situation himself, his Minior floating above his head in its thick rock casing. “If ’Lia takes position above the Weezing,” he says to the elite as he falls into step beside her, catching the gear that she tosses his way and beginning to unwrap them from the plastic. “That’ll stop them from floating up and over the range of the net.” Angelo gives his Minior a nod as he pops the earbuds into his ears, pushing them in until the world around him became muffled, voices turning unintelligible and blending into the rest of the white noise. Antlia floats away, drifting high into the air until she crests over the gathering of Weezing, keeping them pinned close to the ground-level with the occasional sprinkle of glittering stars, swift lightly flicking towards the poison types who strayed too far upwards to herd them back. He'd call her back if she fell to the sing.

Picking up a side of the net with the other rangers, Angelo turned to Stormy and gave her a quick thumbs up in both reassurance and to show that he was ready, before taking up position.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 2:08:30 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
toxic takeover mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
He squeezes her hand and that's all she needs from him, from herself, to pull herself together and come up with something useful. She exhales as she leaves him, glancing over her shoulder to watch him with a renewed sense of strength. There is a smile upon her face, and a curious gleam in her eye - as if she's seeing the man for the first time.[break][break]

"You helped ground me."[break][break]

And she doesn't really wait for him to follow her, as she's sure that he would anyway, even without her request to hang back. Angelo falls into position easily and she laughs at his jest (if she had overheard it).[break][break]

Her Pyroar lunge and swipe on occasion, keeping the stragglers in line. In doing so, they seem to march as a unit. Stormy hesitates only when Angelo speaks up about his own plans, utilizing his Minior as a means to keep the Weezing from escaping from the top of their little trap. She throws the man a thumbs up and a wink.[break][break]

"Genius, as usual."[break][break]

She pushes the ear-plugs into her ears and throws Blissey a signal. The Pokemon begins to sing-- but just enough to make the Weezing drowsy and slow, not to outright sleep them. Her Pyroar even begin to nod their heads in unison, pulling away from the group just in case they jeopardize the plan. Fortunately, it seems the rangers have been successful.[break][break]

They push as one, tossing the net into the air. With quick efforts and minimal issue, they manage to pin the tarp or blanket to the ground and effectively capture the Pokemon. With the rubberized fabric, the poisonous fumes aren't able to get through. For now, they're safe. Stormy finishes tying off the blanket before taking a step back to wipe sweat from her brow and catch her breath. [break][break]

"Not bad, Angelo. Ever consider joining the rangers? I could put in a good word for you."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 16:07:26 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 It all ends without too much hassle, their plan flowing smoothly and each part of the ranger cog seeming to click together after the stressful grind only some few minutes earlier; Angelo swallows down the itch for adrenaline in time for Stormy’s approach. At least no accidents happened, everyone, pokemon included, getting through the mission without incident. He recalls Antlia back into its capsule, his minior having slowly began to drift towards the ground like a leaf caught on the breeze, scooping it up in the dazzling beam of the pokeball before its drowsiness could surrender it to the grips of gravity.

Not so bad yourself,” he counters back, happy to see that Stormy had got her fire back or, probably more accurately, that she had managed to pull it back in. Her following comment, however, gives Angelo a moment of contemplative pause.

Being a Hoenn Ranger, he’d be lying if he said it wasn’t something that he had ever considered. That it was something that didn’t tempt him. But becoming one meant a commitment to the region which he couldn’t afford, it would require him to give a piece of himself that he couldn’t share and wouldn’t be able, he knew deep down, to give up when the time came. If there was one good thing about being a delivery boy it was that he wouldn’t feel too down when he had to pack it up. So instead he puts on a smile and shakes his head. “Depends, you’d have to offer me a good starting salary to balance out potentially having you as a boss,” he smirks as he rubs at his nose with the back of his hand, grateful that the smell from the Weezing seemed to slowly be clearing. “But I’ll hold you to that recommendation. Hand it in on a rainy day or something.

Still, it was nice to hear that she thought he had potential, even if it left a bitter tang on the tip of his tongue.

Anyway, I'm starving, you fancy getting some food after you finish up here? Or have you had enough excitement for today?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 19:08:14 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
toxic takeover mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy isn't oblivious to the far-away look in his eye. She'd struck a nerve even if she hadn't meant to, even though he hadn't outright said anything indicating as such. But it is the way he pauses to think that suggests she might have overstepped. For a moment, she watches him quietly while the rangers gather the Weezing up to transport and relocate.[break][break]

One of the higher-ranked officials approach her and she waves them away with a polite nod and a tilt of her head. They didn't need to discuss anything with her at present, she'd get to them later. [break][break]

"You think I'd be a terrible boss?"[break][break]

She pouts, but there is a look in her eye that suggests something deeper than his doubt for her leadership skills - even if he was joking. Angelo was here in the region temporarily, and for some reason that left an ache in her chest that she wasn't ready to face.[break][break]

"Sure. It'll be there when you want it."[break][break]

Stormy chews the inside of her lip as she turns to gather up her jacket and purse. She'd left it out of harms way while she dealt with the situation. As she shrugs it on, Angelo asks her if she's hungry. The woman's stomach grumbles in response and she squints at him, though there is the shadow of a smile on her face.[break][break]

"Is this you asking me out? Because yes, I do fancy getting some food."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 22:47:17 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Nah, don’t think too deeply into it, I’m only teasing.” There’s a softer edge to his tone as Stormy’s voice, her pout, suggests that she may have been taking him seriously when he had attempted to playfully jest. It wasn’t her fault he didn’t really want to talk about that kind of serious stuff, that he was covering up the doubt with poor attempts at humour. Angelo didn’t want her to get the wrong impression. About herself and their budding friendship.

Thankfully the slight edge of tension is swiftly broken. He lets out a little laugh – not unkind – as her stomach growl is replaced by an unabashed query about whether his invitation is ‘asking her out’ and the courier gives a shrug in response. He doesn’t know Stormy Silph all too much, despite their few meetings being positive, but he supposed getting to know her better through a meal wouldn’t hurt. Could be fun, actually. Besides she could probably do with a wind down after the Weezing fiasco.

Sure, let’s go then.” Rocking on the back of his heels, hands sitting comfortably in his jacket pockets, Angelo resigns himself to going with the flow. Letting it pull him along on a steady breeze or a favourable tide, towards a destination he’d meet when he got there, as he had done countless times this year. Like he’d done to pull him into a ranger situation he really had no business being a part of. “I can’t promise anything high quality but uh, you know what they say, food tastes better when eating it with others?” He crosses his fingers in a universal symbol of wishing for luck, for a good meal amongst many other things.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
smoke and mirrors [tt/m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 4:34:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: