awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 11:41:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]And just like that, he’s lost. Whatever point she was trying to make fall flat the minute she doubles back on her point. Despite this, Fernando does not drop his guard. His glare states his intention pronouncedly as he calls her out on the blind-sided flip flop.

Then why bring it up?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 9:24:52 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
There is mystery behind every question that is spoken between the two of them. The idea that the councilor is not interested with this plan is questionable. Not that she overestimates his clout in the big game of the Hoenn League, but if so, the initiative shouldn't be happening in the first place.

“Are you really not supportive of the A.Q.U.A. Initiative, Mr. Silph?”

With a sip from her glass of pinot noir, Selena deflects the question, entering a full probing mode.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 9:35:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Oh. So that's where she's going. He still doesn't see the destination in sight but he plays along. At least in terms of entertaining her question. Yet, despite this, his expression never softens. He remains a stone faced killer until the bitter end. And, in many ways, he is one.

"Why would I support an initiative I killed?"

It goes without saying, he's gleamed more from her question that she knows. His underlying assumption may be wrong but based off what he knows—based off who he knows—he can only come to one concrete conclusion.

What a pain in the ass.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 9:45:31 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Oh, so that league meeting has really no other objective than to gather Hoenn's best and brightest to band together for the coming war?”

There is no need to clarify that the meeting she's talking about is where she gained her avatarship from Tapu Koko.

“If so, then maybe I was wrong. I'm just thinking it's a disturbing coincidence that most of the avatars we know are in the same room that day.”

Her delivery is nonchalant, in a way that hides any disappointment or delight.

“So you did really kill it, huh? That initiative.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 9:55:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"..."

Fernando pauses, deliberately, before relaxing his expression in an exasperated sigh. The fact she lumps him in with her, in the 'we', when pertaining to known avatars, goes to show how little even the League's middle echelon knows about current events.

"Miss Desmarais, are you telling me that in the face of an otherworldly threat, an invasion by a world fraught with Pokemon that out speed, out strength, and out hunt our own, you would not seek to gather the strongest trainers the region has to offer?"

Fernando tilts his head, contemplating, trying to make a case for her, and interrupts his own point in her defense. "Although, I suppose being an Avatar, being hand-picked by a Legendary Pokemon, doesn't necessarily equate to combat prowess."

But that's where his own reasoning from her perspective dies. Anything else? He can't imagine it and therefore remains lost. Against his better judgement, Fernando decides to cut his losses, hopefully clearing the air between them.

"If you have any concerns, feel free to speak straight. I'm afraid I don't quite get what you're trying to implicate or where you're going along with this."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 10:49:20 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Don't get me wrong, councilor. I didn't question the League's top officers intention in saving the region. I was there and I know for a fact that everyone was desperate to save Hoenn, regardless of the methods we had to use.”

Selena knows better than to always expect the best from people. Because at times people let their guard down, others are always so good at breaking the trust they've been given.

“But that's exactly my point. That's what you would do, right? That's why if there's any other agenda involving the avatars, it is the perfect opportunity to cover it up.”

She finally stands from her seat, letting go of the building pressure as she stretches her muscles.

“And besides, will you be totally honest with me if I ask you directly?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 11:07:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]He doesn't smell it at first. The clues remain vague. Hidden in the deception brought on by the casual pleasantries that line their conversation is the first strike of a fire. The situation unravels and Fernando begins to piece together the clues. One by one, like a well crafted puzzle, he starts to uncover the big picture of only two viable explanations.

"I see."

They may call her the eye of the Staraptor but their roles reverse once he has an edge on her. His own eyes narrow in as the motive becomes obvious. It's only a question of how long this has been brewing.

"What do they have on you?"

He pauses, looking beyond her.

"Is it HNN?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 2:34:00 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena pauses, her eyes drifting away as she maneuvers her approach to the issue. With Fernando's line of questioning, she figures he doesn't know anything about her yet. Will she be willing to expose what is it that they have against her?

She will if it will also benefit her.

“From where I came from, fair trade is the only way business goes.”

Selena bites first. Her hands lean on the table as she levels her face with the councilor, cerulean eyes fixated on the his.

“How big of this avatar initiative are you willing to divulge?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 12:55:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]A resounding sigh parts through the MISTY TERRAIN the slip between his lips. His exasperation is evident in the way his forehead wrinkles. Charity is not his style but Selena is still a Gym Leader. Their interactions have been minimal but not unpleasant. Not yet at least.

If you’re asking me to sell you a fake story because you or the Vantage is in trouble, I’ll have to decline.

Her gaze is met with his somewhat hazy, unfocused, concerned.

But if you are in trouble, Desmarais, then let me know. I can help.

Their conversation so far pool in his favor. The slant she’s taken with everything after her parting gift show the desperation she has to string something from nothing. It’s distasteful in more ways than one.

But do not sell yourself short by doing a disservice to your title and association. You’ll only invite trouble.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 14:29:18 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“As far as the people of Hoenn are concerned, I think I'm not the one doing disservice to my position.”

Her response is sharp and hard, resolve crystallized in a manner of few words. Despite the pang of insult in Fernando's accusation, Selena hides her disappointment with an ice-cold stare.

“I'm not the one to make up stories. If that's the case, I should have worked with HNN instead.”

The reporter collects her purse, a soft whistle makes the boltund resting below her chair bounce. As expected, Fernando won't say anything more about the project. Not with a straightforward question and especially not when she attempts to trap him with her little mind game.

But at least she gets what she wanted—a confirmation that it exists.

“As for my own trouble, I believe you will hear about it sooner or later. And I'd be glad if you could actually help me.”

But not that she needs it. The pinkette smiles, an arm's reach against his door.

“I hope you enjoy the wine and the flowers. May we see each other again.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 4:15:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Then you've yet to read outside of public media opinion, Desmaria. Lilycove's flooding as well as Stone's death is being placed on you and ."

and also share a bit of the blame but no one really paints them in a negative light. Honestly, such opinions mean little, roused by a vocal minority, but ones that exist all the same. It's that same manner of gossip that with proper exposure will gain traction and become a mainstream talking point.

When she starts to gather herself to leave, Fernando's expression doesn't change. The only change he shows outwardly is the way his voice quickens to slip in one last conversation point—one important to pass before she steps too deep in something she has no idea she's about to delve into.

"A reminder, Desmaria—you come to me today not with 'how is ' but rather 'she must have gone missing', not 'where is tapu lele' but rather 'tapu lele must have deserted the league'. Keep strong arming a narrative that doesn't exist and you may end up biting off more than you can chew."

He can feel his mouth dry with the click of his tongue.

"As your fellow Tapu, be careful. Don't be the catalyst for what you fear."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 6:38:13 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Of course she knows.

Selena is also disappointed with herself. But not with 's death. If anything, it is the most certain thing people would expect when they engaged in war. She likes to believe everyone, despite all the things that is said and done, knows it too as well. But she is at fault to believe in the illusion that the war is finally over.

It has only just begun.

Selena listens to what the councilor has to say but she refuses to respond. Letting the sharks of that comment section feast on her is enough to keep her shut. Her words will always other people's weapon against her.

Instead, she smiles and nods. An acknowledgement of his warning and advice. In a heartbeat, the pinkette is already gone.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pride and prejudice [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 23:14:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: