2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
an angry cooking show [m;c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 13:23:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e had intended to just go to the mall and do some shopping today, then spend another night resting before he left for Fortree the next day. What he hadn't anticipated was stumbling upon a massive bake sale, his Igglybuff ending up as an impromptu mascot, and him getting forced into helping. After his messed up face was found to scare the kids, he was shoved in the back to cook while Pompom got to dance and sing and be the center of attention out front! Great!

Oh, but Chu-e was nothing if not industrious. He didn't know shit about cooking but he was currently covered in flour and butter and giving a mixing bowl hell. A few of the other backstage people actively avoided him and his mess. Somehow, somehow, the stuff he was pulling out of the oven was actually good. He was so busy with trying to measure out some sugar that he didn't even realize someone had called that some... celebrity type? was going to be doing a walk around back here for promotion. Maybe he would have tried to get the eggshells out of his hair.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 14:00:22 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

An Angry Cooking Show
Upper District| Mission

THEME

"Now what is that fantastic smell comin' from the back row?" Zac boomed, pushing his way through the baking crowd and sniffing the air near Chu-e.
"Well no doubt about it, it's whatever's cookin' over here!" 

He held out a hand for Chu-e to shake, seemingly not noticing the flour, sugar and eggshells all over the place. "Name's Zac, and one of the organizers said that they want us to pair up for the next round, so how 'bout it buddy? Wanna partner up and show them how it's done?"

"And don't worry about me slowing you down or cramping your style, I know my way around a spatula. Both sides." Zac said, giving his new best friend a wink. Without waiting for an answer he swept a section of the counter clear and started kneading dough.

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 14:50:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Whuh?" Chu-e had been so busy demolishing his current bowl with chocolate chips that he hardly noticed the other man came in until he stated talking to him. Only after a moment did he blink and take his hand, gripping it tight and shaking it while also smearing a lump of cookie dough on the other. Gross.

"Ji-Hoon Ki. Call me Ki. Paired up?" As far as he had known, he was just here to bake stuff to sell. Was this a competition now? Since when? "What?" He eyed the other as he moved his mess out of the way and started on some task of his own. Chu-e went back to his bowl and started to mix it again at least.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 15:11:22 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

An Angry Cooking Show
Upper District| Mission

THEME

"Great to meetcha Ki, now lets get this show on the road eh?" Zac said, setting up a small camera and tripod to point at the two of them and their work surface. 

"Yeah I didn't expect there to be a competition either." he said, absentmindedly adding way too much cinnamon into the batter. "But that lady out front said that so many people wanted a pic with that cute little Igglybuff that they'd decided to offer a photo-op as the prize for the contest!"

Zac pointed to the line of people that had formed out the front, with dozens of people waiting to join in the next 'round' of the charity baking event.
Many of those in line were even holding up pictures of Ki's Igglybuff, with sickly sweet slogans like "Never enough 'buff" written on the signs in pink puffy paint.

As they watched, the lady running the even put up a sign detailing the 'competition' that Zac had been yammering on about. 

HOENN'S CUTEST IGGLYBUFF
SELFIE SPOT
ENTRY COST: 100 COOKIES 

"I've gotta get that selfie." Zac said, pulling a packet of vanilla from an inner pocket and dumping the beans straight into the dough he was working on.
"My demographic has been skewing towards young females lately, and if I want to really ride that wave I need to get some more 'cowie'  pics on my TogeTik, or so Devin keep telling me. Devin's my cameraman by the way." he said, by way of explanation.

"What about you? Why do you want the Igglybuff selfie?"

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 15:38:40 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Pics with... Pompom?" Only now did Chu-e really think to glance outside and see what his pokemon was actually doing. She was in her element. Acting cute and putting on a show for all the pictures. They didn't know the truth. They didn't know how she relentlessly bullied him every morning to make sure he took his medicines on time. Even this level of intensity was... well, as long as it was for a good cause, he guessed. This was a charity event in the end.

"Gotta get one... hmm." Now, Chu-e had options here. He could just admit that was his pokemon out there. He could get selfies whenever he wanted. But where was the fun in that? So he just stared out the window at Pompom for another few seconds as he decided on whatever shit he wanted to spew from his mouth.

"... I need to prove I'm cuter." Which was said in a deadpan way but with totally sincerity. Chu-e looked at the other, and like... maybe he had once been cute or handsome, but that was kind of ruined with the big scar under his eye and the general air of 'scrawny and malnourished' he seemed to radiate.

At least Chu-e had a natural eye for baking, it seemed. He squinted at whatever the other was making before he grabbed a bottle of honey from under the counter and pushed it towards him. "Add some of that. It'll help."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 16:02:39 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

An Angry Cooking Show
Upper District| Mission

THEME

"Honey? Thanks but I brought my own." Zac said, pulling a bag of locally sourced Petalburg Honey out of his jacket. "Cuter 'ay?" He asked, working a huge glob of honeycomb into the dough with his hands.

"I have some stage makeup on me, if that'll do the trick. Standard fare, but enough to highlight those nice cheekbones you've got." Zac said.

He slid another tray of cookies into the shared oven, letting out a puff of sweet steam.

Looking around the table for his bowl, Zac spotted the leftover bright red cinnamon and black, viscous vanilla. "Unless you had something more...thematic in mind..." 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 16:13:11 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You implying my natural beauty isn't good enough?" Chu-e even took the tip to flick back a part of his hair like a diva. Then he quickly went back to scooping out the cookies he had been distracted from on one of the massive cookie sheets they had been given. He had been doing this all morning and was going with a speed that even impressed himself.

"Maybe if you can track down Miss Pompom's trainer you can get that selfie you want. I doubt she's a wild pokemon." Chu-e glanced again at where, now, said Igglybuff was being held up on a makeshift podium above the crowd where she could twirl and dance. The crowd around were cooing and holding up phone cameras like they were at a concert. It was kind of hilarious.

"Maybe he'll even be impressed by your baking skills and fall into your arms and beg for photos. You much be popular to have a 'demographic'." He slid his own cookies into the oven, gooey and nice despite the chaos he had reigned in here all day.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 16:37:03 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

An Angry Cooking Show
Upper District| Mission

THEME

"You implying my natural beauty isn't good enough?" Ki asked.
"Not at all!" Zac replied, calmly. "But i've seen the horrors of stage lighting first hand...they say the camera adds ten pounds, but nobody told me it adds ten years!" he shook his head sadly.

"Hmmm, track down the trainer. Now that's an idea." Zac said, counting the cookies. They were at 88 already. "I just assumed it belonged to the venue, or that woman running everything. Do you know who its trainer is?" he asked, getting excited as he pulled another tray from the oven. 96!

NOTES: I hope you're ready to steal the show Ki!
TAG:

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 16:51:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A light chuckle escaped him. Poor guy. "Adding ten pounds wouldn't be so bad." His doctor did say he needed to eat more. "Ten years and I might look like a skeleton, though. Would't be good for my cuteness rating, I would imagine." Chu-e went to check one of his batches of cookies from earlier. These he had spent a while on... they were even pink and shaped like little Igglybuff! One was a very misshapen Skitty, but he figured he could eat that one himself later. No one needed to see that mistake. With his added batch, they were well over the 100 mark. Plus he still had that extra sheet in the oven.

"Yeah, I do." He glanced at the camera, mulled over his options. This guy was putting on a show and all... and if Pompom was popular, why not let this guy in on her dark secrets? It if made more people buy these cookies then it wouldn't hurt anything. "Pompom is actually one of my therapy pokemon." He started, grinning again. "She helps me remember to take my medicine, eat, drink, some other basic stuff I can't do on my own anymore... she also helps me sleep at night with the help of one of my other pokemon." Laughing softly, Chu-e hummed before continuing. "Don't let her cute charm fool you. She's a little demon. For a pokemon so young, she takes her job very seriously."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 5:55:46 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

An Angry Cooking Show
Upper District| Mission

THEME

"Wait it's your pokemon!" Zac asked, grin growing wider. "You trickster you." he said with a chuckle. "Dragging me along this whole time."

"Therapy 'ay?" He said, nodding as he counted their cookies again, just to make sure. "My mum had one of those. They really can make all the difference. A demon thought? Hmmm. Sometimes the little ones do have a bit of steel in them."

"124!" he announced. "We may have gone a little over but hey, it's for a good cause, right?" 

Zac signalled the lady running the show, and she came over to collect their cookies, packaging them up for sale and making sure to keep Ki's perfectly formed pokemon shapes separate from the 'cookies' that Zac had managed to whip up. Zac looked at the messy work surface but made no move to pack up.

Instead, he checked his phone. "Huh. Just checking the Chatter and it looks like my demo' is enjoying seeing a fresh face on the show."

Zac looked at Ki, giving his new friend a big grin. He tightened the strings on his apron and poured some more flour into his bowl, starting on another batch. 
"Guess I don't need that selfie after all." 

NOTES: 
TAG:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 20:11:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: