2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
jingle jangle jongle [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 17:35:41 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was time for this third, and last, speed date of the night. Chu-e was feeling a little tired after all the excitement but it was that pleasant kind of ache. He knew he would sleep well tonight which he was grateful for; usually sleep evaded him. For now he was waiting for his final match to arrive. Chu-e had felt kind of peckish, and he thought his 'date' might too, so he had picked them up some food. It was nothing fancy, just some festive street food being sold from some nearby booths, along with some hot coco.

He wondered if the person he was paired with would even eat it. Chu-e knew he couldn't on his own and he hated to see food go to waste. At the same time, he might have been kind of presumptuous.

Well, for now all he could do was wait and see how it turned out.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 0:04:55 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlandslide"]

[attr="class","frlandslide1"]

[attr="class","frlandslideimg"]

[attr="class","frlandslidetop"]
MISTLETOE MATCHING

[attr="class","frlandslidemid"]
[attr="class","frlandslidemid2"]
[attr="class","frlandslidemid3"]

"We don't have to do any more of these do we?" Razz questions Salem as he clenched and unclenched his fist as it still ached some. He was able to get someone in charge to use an AQUA RING around his hand from having injured it from the previous date. Salem just smiled as he mentioned that there wasn't much more as the cat looked around looking at people's name tags. Once he found what he wanted the Meowstic called over his trainer as he gave a hello to the unknown person. [break][break]

Much to Razz's dismay this person was very much not an unknown to him, and the young man just tensed up a bit. He really hated everything about today so far, especially now as his past was wanting to catch up with him. 'Just one more,' he tries to think to himself, for once thankful for his lack of social skills as he could just use that as an excuse. Maybe with them here now meant they left Kanto? [break][break]

Before he could think too much about it Salem calls to his trainer again telling him to sit. He could sense his trainer's troubled thoughts though he wasn't sure what they were about. The cat talks to the other in his trainer's place talking something about his trainer before he points to the food on the table as if asking if he could have. Meanwhile Razz just sits for now, no plans or anything just get through the final round of this Mistletoe Matching, "S-sorry.. he's... talkative, Choi right?" he finally speaks

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.frlandslide]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslide1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div b]font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg img]height:200px;width:400px;opacity:.85;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frlandslidemid]padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frlandslidemid2 b"]color:#9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frlandslidemid2 i"]font-weight:bold;color:#eee [/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid3 div]border-bottom:solid 2px #151515;height:20px; margin-bottom:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid3]padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidetop]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848;border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidepoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#9d4848; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 1:01:48 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e did not mind at all having to 'speak' to the feline pokemon. If anything, he just gave a small smile, soft and friendly, and nodded along with what it said. He was more than happy for the pokemon to have the food if his Trainer didn't want it, too, not wanting to go to waste. This would be... relaxed. A nice and easy way to end the night. You could see the lethargy written on his face as he idly grinned at the other guy and his pokemon.

"... Choi, right?

Choi?

Right?

Like a switch flipped, Chu-e's eyes widened a bit before leveling back out. Sleep was shaken off, suddenly wide awake. His face opened, a bit, the mask of the gentle and sickly man torn off to show the snake underneath. And Chu-e smiled, and this one was not sweet and false and fake, but something sharper.

"Ah... well... usually people call me Ji-Hoon Ki now..." His hand reached to the table, idly touching the name slip with their names on it for this round. "Razz, right?" He leaned in, cheek resting on his palm and that elbow on the table, almost lazy. He lowered his voice a little so the other tables around them wouldn't pick up their conversation. "So, how do you know my name, then?"
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 6:43:27 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISTLETOE MATCHING

Just relax... [break][break]

This is the last of the night... [break][break]

Two things he tried to tell himself as he took his seat opposite of his 'date.' Two things he seemed so focused on that he didn't realize where he fucked up until it was too late and the old rocket pointed out the mistake just like that. SHIT. [break][break]

All at once Razz's blood felt as if it went cold, and his face paled more as he cursed under his breath while he clenched his fist in frustration. Despite his annoyance with himself he did a decent job in not making a scene. He knows he saw the name, so why the hell did he have to be an idiot? Maybe it was because his was mentally drained from having to deal with social interaction when he very much wasn't prepared for it. Though he could sit here and curse himself all night, or for now just try to deal with the situation at hand. [break][break]

"My mother was a.... club member, apparently a fan of yours too though I doubt her skills let her stick out enough," he answers dipping in lies with some truths so that the man across from him wouldn't figure out who he was. If nothing else he was thankful for his status of grunt so he could just be behind the scenes. "The name was an accident though, calling out my mother's co-workers isn't something I'm interested in" he tries to defend, doing what he could to keep calm, hoping his excuse was enough.

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.frlandslide]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslide1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frlandslidemid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid3 div]border-bottom:solid 2px #151515;height:20px; margin-bottom:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidetop]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848;border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidepoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#9d4848; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 7:45:51 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Unless she was in my inner circle, I probably wouldn't." No sense in beating around the bush or lying about it. Giving another small smile. "So... I take it that you're a loose end now." He raised another brow. To anyone looking on, he would have almost looked flirty. A carefully curated act. "I don't like loose ends, Razz."

Sitting up, he leaned in slightly, fingers laced together and resting on the table.

"But I am feeling generous. See, if the authorities get called on me... I have an out. If the club is called, I have an out there, too. Now you..." He grinned. "All you need to do is put me out of mind. You do that and I'll put you out of mind. That seems fair, right?"

A slightly more intense look entered his eyes. He was still grinning but there was something predatory in his gaze. A cat with a mouse in it's sights. "If you mother was a fan of me... well, I'm sure you know how I deal with loose ends."

Leaning back, Chu-e picked up his hot coco and took a sip.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 8:56:07 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISTLETOE MATCHING

“My mother wasn’t good enough to be on anyone’s radar,” the young man comments still doing his best to lead a bread trail way off base so that the other couldn’t connect the dots. Though despite knowing who was in front of him Razz didn’t flinch at the threat. Though Salem seemed to grow protective of his trainer with the look in his eye going from a friendly round look to small eyes, Razz even had to click his tongue to keep the Meowstic from doing anything stupid, which was enough to get the cat moving to his shoulder for now. “I assure you I’m a burnt end, nothing to be worried about.” [break][break]

Almost literally. [break][break]

Though there is something he says that does get the gears in his mind going again. Razz could only think about what the other meant about if the club was called. While the ‘club’ was definitely still there in Kanto how would they be called here? Of course he had his theories, and his paranoia already giving him an answer but he feared this wasn’t the place to learn about it. “Why would the club be called on you? Aren’t you mister big shot?” Razz decides to risk asking for now as he can tell the other is holding back just as much as he was. Neither wanted others looking so this might be the best time, while all he could do was hope it didn’t back fire. [break][break]

Despite the smile, and the grin Razz could pick up the intensity behind it. It brought him back to when he first met the man, it sent shivers down his back then and it does the same now. Razz has no interest in trying to fight, he just wants to get through this. “How generous, but yeah I can easily keep you out of mind and take a guess as to what you’d do,” he submissively says, making sure to do what he could to ensure that he was no threat to the man. Not now at least....

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 18:22:49 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e gives a soft laugh. Perceptive. He liked this one.

"If you're a burnt end, I'm one that was pulled apart and then put back together."

"But that doesn't mean I won't do what I need to protect my fraying ends." He tapped the paper. "I'm just a sick man who likes picnics and taking midday naps. Nothing too special." Chu-e was positive that the other would understand. Even if Chu-e would change that, be enveloped back into the fold of something darker in time, for now he was just as Razz was- a free man running from his past.

"Just be careful with those loose lips... not every dog is as kind as me when hit, understand." A hint for him; there are others like us and a mistake could cost you something worse than your life. Let them go and enjoy what you had now. Forget.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 13:41:11 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISTLETOE MATCHING

Pulled apart and put back together? Razz focused on these words and their meaning. A few theories came to mind, one being a possible injury that may have happened sometime after he quit. Though he supposes the other gives an indirect answer with the mentioning of being a sick man. Though the Ranger felt like there was more to it than that, not that he was going to question it right now. [break][break]

“You could put your claws away sir, I’m but a half blind teenager I assure you your tea parties are safe from me,” Razz reassures as he gives a mocking smile of his own as he points to the half of his face he kept covered. As if point out his handicap would make it that much more obvious he couldn’t be a problem. Though he bites his lip at the warning, clearly nervous about it all while probably thinking to far into it. Of course no one would want their past released, hell he didn’t want his, but there shouldn’t be the trouble if Rocket was meant to be gone from the region. [break][break]

”Then I suppose I should thank you for the warning and lesson, I’ll make sure not to let my guard down,” though who’d think they’d need to up in a region with no supposed club is the part he leaves out as he still wants the other to think he isn’t smart enough to think otherwise.

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 2:18:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
At the replies, something softened in Chu-e's eyes, just a bit. He looked almost sad for Razz; not pity, and certainly for anything he had going on physically. More for his heart, his attitude.

"If you can put yours away and still feel safe... well, you were never meant to be in the club, anyway. You will be able to enjoy life on the outside of that cage better than I." He picked up his phone, flicked off the timer than was about to ring off, signaling their date was coming to an end. It was time for him to leave, anyway. "If you ever need the assistance of a sick man who knows too much about Fairy types, Ji-Hoon Ki will be able to help you. But if you need anything else? Well, that man died."

Standing, he gave a small stretch, groaning and rubbing at his side. "Goodbye, Mr. Kingsman. I hope you rand your pokemon have a lovely rest of your evening." Giving a small smile at the two, he nodded before walking away, intent on going home.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 9:45:52 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISTLETOE MATCHING

If he was being honest with himself, no. No he didn't feel safe, he never has and it was why he basically turned into a hermit when he first left. Though he does wonder what in the world the old Beast did to end up on the Rocket hit list. But then again there was still that comment of having a way out if in trouble with the league. [break][break]

Honestly all he wanted to do was yell out all his frustrations and bang his head on the table. But he refrained himself... for now. “Never was, so obviously,” he pretends to correct as the other checks their phone. Oh thank god this was over, is all he can think to himself as the other gets up. “I’ll make sure to keep all you’ve said in mind Ki,” he comments, making sure to use the proper name this time before nodding farewell. Razz sighing in the chair when it was all over.

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga