awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 20:34:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]He can feel her gaze. She's by no means inconspicuous but he ignores it. Better to let it settle rather than bother him. Eventually, he misconstrues her attention for something else, oblivious to the fact of his own novelty. "Hm?" A puff of glitter plumes underneath his nostrils, evaporating without a trace once it touches the polished wood his elbows rest on.

"You staying the same?" His free hand comes down to rest against the bar top, lining his middle finger underneath his thumb for a solid flick against his empty shot glass. "Or we drinking something else?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 21:15:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her eyes were unblinking, and she was putting less and less stock in what they were reporting back to her numbed brain. “are you… a fairy? she let her cigarette hang in her mouth a little longer after the question. delivered with the dryness of a martini, it was perhaps difficult to discern her level of seriousness. still, curiosity beamed from an otherwise blank face.

it was work. it was more than work, though. who the fuck blew sparkles out of their nose? that wasn’t just a rich person thing—she’d know about it.

“no, please, your choice. i’m bloody curious.” she was still not finished with her last drink, and took a sip as though she was only then remembering it was in her hand.

a moment passed. “that shit still give you cancer?” back to the copperajah in the room, please.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 21:35:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Oh?"

Now he gets it. The mere mention of the word 'fairy' puts one and one together. "Ah. Guess you don't keep up then?" It's always refreshing to find someone that doesn't know anything about him. It gives him a hint of mystery, something to keep up wraps. It feels anonymous. Which, concaves his smile inwardly, playful but not enough so to spoil his badly kept secrets.

It's she's interested, she'll find out.

They all do.

"I'm pretty basic, unless you're into Kanto Sake. They stock some here because I order it enough. Otherwise, I'm good for vodka. Wells too, since I don't taste it." The bartender ignores their conversation until he's called upon, lazily trying to hide his phone as he checks the time and his messages in an otherwise dead bar.

When prompted for a serious answer, he merely shrugs. Doesn't know, doesn't care. Something will definitely kill him before the cancer. And if it doesn't? He'll live forever.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 1:27:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

didn’t keep up? he’d have no idea the angle at which the insult would hit. didn’t they pay her to know shit? she pressed her lips together lightly, blowing smoke out of her nostrils. “guess not.” and still she had no answer.

“can’t say i’m too familiar with it, but again, i’m curious.” she could have stroked his ego a bit; further expressed her curiosities about a bigtime CEO’s flavor choices, and it did cross her mind—she’d never been above that sort of thing before, but it fell flat.

she took the final sip of her drink, a sting surprising her, as she’d been chewing on the inside of her lip, processing the bountiful opportunities that could potentially come with befriending councilman fernando silph.

there were a couple of looming questions as her mind began to buzz, just so—more immediate than anything else: how well did he hold his alcohol, and how well could she keep pace with him?

she slid the empty glass away.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 11:25:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Then I guess you’re in for a treat.” Another puff interrupts the space between them, filtered from a bitter smile that regrets a choice made much too hastily. The origin of the pink stream rests on the bridge of his lower lip, leaving his hands free to gesture at attendant.

Sake bombs, Hoongie Light.

Two raised fingers go up, a clear sign that he intends to keep up tonight’s trend of spotting their rounds. Their request is answered with a set of ceramic and glass wear, the much smaller o-choko neatly stacked atop each other while the rocks glass are slid just short of their reach. Warming the sake takes the longest, evident in the way their beer is given from a small fridge underneath the bar’s sink.

A short trip into the back by their attendant resurfaces him with a ceramic flask. Visible steam blushes from the cylinders funnel like top, situated between them. Without hesitation nor regard for the hot sake’s conductive heat, he tips off each ceramic shot. The beer follows, rising to the occasion, and sitting at the same height of the o-choko pressed against it. Rather than pour hers, he sets it toward her closer arm.

Sake masks the shit taste of beer. Beer adds a bubbly little refreshment to the sake.” When they blend the two, the concoction turns a shade lighter until it becomes truly translucent. That kind of amber matches her eyes and Fernando’s caught staring, breaking out into a sneer when his own glass comes up.

To another week done.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 12:54:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she’d only had sake bombs a few times, when she’d visited kanto on smuggling runs with the dragons. her attention was captivated, each time, by the delicate ware in which sake was served. it was not an experience that could be had many places in galar.

a warm forgetfulness befell her about the councilman, and she was purely within the moment and her love for liquor as she poured the sake into the bubbling rocks glass. she picked it up, inspecting its color and translucence in the light. off the belly of the glass she caught the reflection of his stare, and promptly switched the angle of her wrist, clearing her throat before raising her glass as well.

as her arm hung in the air, she wondered what his week consisted of. as she pulled the drink back and down the hatch, she wondered less. it was a gray area that she was in. this was a business opportunity. she needed her wits about her. in her months of hiding, she’d drank little, and her tolerance was quite literally shot.

her shoulder throbbed. she dropped a partially burned down cigarette into the no longer empty shot glass between them.

“well, mr. silph,” she began to stand, “thank you for teaching me something.”

after offering a smile of sorts that was hardly ingenuine, she placed the glass on the bar with a good tip, turned, and left out the door.

outside, it was raining.

monday 11:12 am

it was still raining.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 6:44:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The sound of the constant downpour doesn’t do the rain justice. Neither do the puddles Silph track in once he breaches the door.

A quick jimmy of his umbrella sheds most of the water onto the already damp floor. With no real spot designated to hold his parcel, Fernando leaves it near the door in a bid to keep himself from drooling what’s left of Lilycove’s runoff.

Whisky Sour and cut the shit Hartigan.

It’s a preemptive order laced with an announcement that the Councilman is not in good spirits. Spotting him day drinking is a rare occurrence, always brought on by a proverbial snap during a shit work day.

His seldom used ‘lunch break’ always puts him in a better mood. At least that’s how others read his otherwise nonchalant silence, misinterpreting the hidden buzz that boils in the pit of his stomach.

A vibrant orange mix makes up his second meal of the day. Despite it’s flavor, Fernando kills it like water. There’s no pleasure to be found in inhaling it.

Yet he insists.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 7:57:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

where she had sat at a far table in those first nights, lulu had now made a spot for herself regularly at the bartop. she had become familiar with hartigan, and some of the other regulars.

she hung her chin over a cheaper kind of tequila that afternoon, but still not bottom of the barrel. it was evening for her. she'd been up all night working, building, electricuting herself. if this was fernando's lunch, this was her midnight snack.

she looked over as he charged in, looking severe. she pressed her lips together as he placed his order.

"rough morning?" she asked, calling attention--from anyone--to herself, for the first time since she'd arrived. she hadn't been particularly chatty. she was tired. she looked it--very 'end of day'.

solrock hovered just as quietly behind her, occupying the area of neighboring barstool.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 8:28:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Dogshit, actually.

Fernando does not talk business outside League halls, much less in the seedy wretches of Kaleidoscope. Snippets, mentioned in brevity, may slip through the cracks but he evades further advances byway of incredibly vague answers. It’s a habit Hartigan has picked up on, and those with the courage to chitchat with the Council member learn it soon enough.

Shit, you got any Pinnap beer?” The intention becomes obvious. Fernando prefers drinks with flavor over style. The distinction in smell still reeks of alcohol but it holds a better scent than outright liquor. He won’t deny his midday debauchery but he at least attempts to put in an effort of hiding it.

So,” his head turns. “How about you? You live here?

His own visits have been too infrequent to confirm for himself. However, every since day one, every time he’s visited, he’s seen her. The Solrock is too hard to miss.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 9:34:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

his face read that, no, he didn’t want to talk about it. perhaps she didn’t quite have the energy, either. it had been some kind of politeness to ask. kaleidoscope, today, was more of a choice of comfort than one of work. her curiosity was beaten out by fatigue. instead of responding, she clicked her tongue and raised her glass to him weakly before taking a drink.

her night, while long, had not been terrible. after a long battle with some asshole, she'd managed to breach devon corporation's server and make off with a bundle of information. this drink was somewhat celebratory, on top of being a much-needed night-cap. since returning, she’d stopped stocking bottles on the submarine. it was dangerous.

“something like that.” she responded, raising her glass in hand again to swirl it in a theatrical gesture to her surroundings. “welcome to my abode. my piggy bank’s not as big as yours, clearly, but i stay out of the rain.” though tired, she was unusually waggish. she even offered a smirk.

her eyes then went to the pineapple beer in his hand.

“you know, you're really a man breaking stereotypes.” it slipped out, sort of. she didn't know him quite well enough to be fucking with him quite so much. she attempted to smooth it over with a smile, internally kicking her tired brain.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 9:56:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Hm.

He can’t come up with a witty retort on the spot so he doesn’t. Sometimes, silence proves more articulate than premature words. Everything he has to say lies beyond the sardonic teeth of popping open the can of refrigerated ale.

In typical fashion, Fernando drinks to parch a thirst, to feel the buzz all at once, rather than approach with moderation. Only after it sets in does he taper himself into a decent pace. But until then, he’s a glutton for punishment.

Almost like people are multifaceted.” He greets her efforts with his own derision. It crumples like the aluminum in his hand.

Fernando orders another, this time with a pair of shots. Tequila, wells, dressed with a line of salt and slice of Lum.

Hartigan knows better than to play a part in this and set them between the two. It’s within Fernando’s reach but the message is obvious.

Drink up or shut up.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 20:07:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

despite being worried initially, lulu found herself somewhat tickled by his lack of amusement. she hid a sleepless, self-deprecating grin at his response and looked down at her cheap tequila.

“hm.” she finally responded back, mimicking him after a moment of also not having been able to come up with a witty response quick enough. they’d neutralized each other.

she sipped her drink.

lulu bit her lip facetiously at him upon the order of hard liquor. she was almost too good at feigning flirtatiousness, even as dog-tired as she was.

taking one of the shots, she threw it back. sucking on the lum and giving the burn a second to travel further down, she then asked, “so what’s got you here pounding shots at 11 am?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 21:50:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "I missed you."

It's drier than his throat after hours of conference calls that eventually break him into yelling. Fernando holds himself quite well, temper checked by his own apathy to the incompetence he's grown accustomed to, but it rising like the tide, periodically and seasonal.

His neck notches back as he follows the motions, grimacing as he licks the rim with haste. The salt doesn't kill the burn but it serves an acceptable distraction, much like this excursion. When he bites down on the fruit, the way it bursts clears his throat of his earlier discomfort.

"Take a guess."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 22:21:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“that’s sweet. usually only hartigan tells me that, and i have to pay him like a whore.” this one was for the bartender’s benefit. she met eyes with him waggishly. lulu tipped him well enough to take a joke, surely, and she was in rare form. even the solrock’s eyes were on her more intently today.

“oooh,” she bought some time with a vowel as the gears turned in her head, “a top-secret criminal mastermind mission fallen through, a couple firings. maybe your furfrou ran away.”

a pause.

“i thought businessmen drank in their offices on bad days. did you really miss me?” amber eyes flashed over to him again, almost glowing between the red veins that took over white.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 23:36:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Then he got you suckered in. Coming around this shithole more than once a month is considered paying your dues.” Fernando points that the bartender and Hartigan doesn’t have the heart to bite back. Not because he’s scared of Fernando but because both sides know neither will give any ground. Insults, even jokingly, will only escalate until one takes it too far. Considering Silph’s mood, Hartigan doesn’t chance an upset patron.

The irony of her comment goes over his head. Instead, he mulls of his next choice before settling on quantity over quality. “Another,” he snips at Hartigan, turning his head to face her. “No, if that were the case I would be beaming around the office.

Her attempt to play coy is met with the only real counter Fernando has: feinted apathy.

Sure.”

But he doesn’t sound sure. He sounds uncaring. A little stab back that burns without the spice.