8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 9:33:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ha, ha."

Hearing that excuse from someone else earns a chuckle from him; it sounds weird being on the receiving end but not everyone abides by the Councilman's time. "I have a few meetings, the usual routine, but I'll probably make some time to go see a tournament hosted in Ever Grande. It's not often you get to see rising stars compete head-to-head."

The set gets placed down in front of him but only one set of glasses is given between the two of them. Without any outward confirmation, Hartigan assumes Fernando to order solo, a correct measure given the lack of ask on his part. Silph puts little time between pouring his first glass, eye balling the concoction on both ends before going in for the kill.

"You become very good at delegating tasks out in this line of work. That or you don't make it," he answers with the sound of his empty glass against the bar top.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 21:44:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

ever grande. that's right; he was into battling. having been more interested in silph co. and his governmental position within league, she’d forgotten that the councilman was also a gym leader. he wore many hats (perhaps more than she knew?).

while remaining to be a worthy opponent in the right headspace, lulu, who had previously sought out to become some of rocket’s top muscle, had pulled a 180 after discovering that violence, directly, was no longer something she had the capacity or desire to be involved in—except when authority told her to. there were other things to get done.

“and which line of work would that be, again? seems like you’ve got a lot of things on your plate. i’d be overwhelmed.” she thought she was feigning weakness, playing an unassuming role to keep up appearances and boost his ego, but it was true. lulu stayed hyper-focused. she’d always struggled with dividing her attention properly.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 9:04:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hm?" He looks her in the eye as if she's crazy. "Management," is the only conceivable answer that crosses his mind, and like his stature, it fits all his hat into one. The way it comes out in a matter-of-factly tone only cements his thoughts on the subject. The other titles everyone gives him are of no concern; he knows who he is.

"I'm good at telling people what to do and getting the right people to do it." A roll of his wrist presents his palm and Fernando goes through the motion to emphasize his point. His physical gestures carry through with his speech and he peer at her from behind it. "What I actually end up doing is just making decisions for those who act on my behalf."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 9:49:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu narrowed her eyes at the man only a moment, trying to discern the look he’d given her, but dropping the attempt quickly with a softened smile. she briefly glanced at what was left in her drink and picked it up, then turning her shoulders more towards him to give him her full attention.

her sharp eyes watched the gesturing of his hands before they were reminded to make contact with his own guarded gaze. he was professional, charismatic. management. that sort of collectedness was beyond her, at least then. she functioned in chaos, and best on her own.

“of course. you don’t have to get your hands dirty that way.” her teeth flashed and she finished the drink, fished in her jacket for a money-clip, and placed what had become a typical amount on the bar. as she pushed off her stool, she explained, “and now it’s time for me to get to work.”

before turning, she added, “kidding, by the way. i’m sure you do a stand-up job. just… politics, you know.” she rocked her head back and forth as though she needn’t continue the thought, a smile from an unknown origin (perhaps booze) burning her cheeks a little. it served to express that she was just busting his chops like a friend, no worries. with that, she left, leaving only a “see you when i see you.”

NIGHT 13 / MONDAY 10:33 PM

she’d gotten a promotion.

she wasn’t sure how she felt about it yet. it felt like destiny—something she’d never felt previously, and an idea which perplexed her and countered a nihilist philosophy. it was one which gradually suffered more and more holes of carefully managed optimism.

there was one thing that made this something to celebrate: she now had all of the materials and resources she could ask for, that could possibly be provided, at her fingertips.

she sipped from the top shelf.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 1:34:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]In many ways, Fernando has been demoted. Having to deal with the squabbles of those around him certainly don't encapsulate the presumed prestige that comes with being a part of Hoenn's council. Unfortunately, it's a necessary evil under the umbrella of bureaucratic incompetence.

His own umbrella curls as he enters the bar. He says nothing as he puts the parasol away, pulling up a seat right in front of the television. For a brief amount of time, Fernando says nothing, just idly watching the screen shift before letting out a deep weighted sigh. Only then does he wave at the bartender— Hartigan had taken off tonight.

"Whatever shots you have on special tonight."

The cheap shit always tastes better when it rains.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 20:14:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She watched him come in and sit down curiously as he stared up at the screen, not immediately moving from her seat to join him. A hand swirled her drink idly. She was always fidgeting in one way or another; the behavioral product of a brain that wouldn’t slow down.

After finally getting up, she went to lean over the bar a bit at his side, looking over at him. She had a few cuts and bruises on her face, appearing as though she’d been in a fight. “Tolerate some company?” He looked different today too, although she wasn’t sure exactly how. There was perhaps a greater sense of pensiveness? Maybe he wanted to be alone, and she didn’t want to come off as presumptuous.

She had traded out her Solrock for a Lunatone. Like its counterpart, it levitated silently beside her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 2:22:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Too caught up in his own mood, Fernando doesn’t pay her any mind. The obvious signs of being bruised and battered go amiss as his eyes remain forward. “Depends.” A single shot of clear liquor is present before him and Fernando waves for another. He raises three fingers to start himself off.

You trying to get smashed?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 4:02:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu hesitated a moment, thinking. She hadn’t yet stuck around long enough during these short excursions to get smashed. This day was as good as any would be. She supposed she had something to celebrate to justify it, and the money to spend on a hotel room.

She slid into the seat beside him with a new smile. “Why not.” The expensive liquor in her hand was thrown down the hatch and she called to double his order. “What’s the occasion?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 4:56:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Hmph.” Fernando can only answer her rise to the challenge with a scoff. It’s one of approval but his expression doesn’t match. Not when he’s caught shaking his head in disapproval, inwardly surprised that she would entertain his offer and therefore enable his self-destructive decision making.

Oh well, too late to back out now.

Do you need to have a reason?” His own challenge stacks atop itself as the bad decisions sit in a neat line in front of them. Fernando goes for the first one without remorse, more concerned with disappearing them from his sight, grimacing at each swallow but hammering his way through with audible disgust.

Stress, work,” it’s not the liquor loosening him up—he intended to answer her one way or another. He just had a different set of priorities. One that request another filler as he shuffles the empty shot glasses to the side. “I like being drunk?

A built liar has a multitude of excuses. He opens them up like a well notated guidebook, determined to show her that the answer is inconsequential. It’s the action, the willingness to indulge, that brings them together.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 5:54:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyes narrowed in an attempt to read him, but her attention was cut short by the shots placed in front of her.

What Fernando didn’t know was that each time she left, Lulu went home and downed twice as much as she’d drank at the bar. She was true blue alcoholic, at that point. She’d managed to only toe the line for a long while, but the war and its following events had driven the nail squarely into the coffin.

“No.” But she was fairly sure he did. She hadn’t ever seen the man chipper, per se, but still. Then, he opened up a bit, albeit vaguely. “Yeh. Yeh. I get that.”

She matched his pace, taking each shot as he did.

“Suppose I do too, if I’m honest.” It was an understatement, but he didn’t need to know that. “Been preferring not to make a fool of myself in front of such a prominent figure as yourself.” She teased him, attempting to lighten his mood maybe. She flashed a grin, her cheeks warm, and joked, “But, everything in moderation I guess.” Lulu, unfortunately, likely wouldn’t realize just how foolish she could be until the next morning.

Eyes caught the bartender and she ordered more of the same, sliding two over to him upon their delivery. “You’re a tough nut to crack, you know.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 6:10:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It doesn’t take a lot to piss Fernando off but it still requires effort. The line between apathy and outrage is in constant tiptoe by those around him. Like a circus, they trample and spin themselves dizzy, all in an elaborate act to fine the secret punchline to set off his temper. When their balance is thrown off by one careless act too many, they plunge without a safety net, eviscerated by the splat of his yelling and scowl.

I don’t care,” comes out gruffer than it should. Lulu finds her first step onto that line when she slips one detail too much. It’s by no means her own fault, impossible for her to know the day-to-day Silph deals with, but it does remind him of the squabbles of Hoenn’s finest.

If only they had half the mind to worry about making a fool out of themselves in front of people of importance, much less the general public.

Straight-laced, dumb drunk, I’m not going to judge you for drinking at a bar.” He elaborates to kill the earlier tension of his words. They come out lacking the same eloquence he holds, well aware of how tone and pitch can convey a message that words fail to deliver—hurried to rectify the possibility that he may come off more hostile than he means.

Hmph.” Another shot another grunt to kick it down. He stares at her after this one, mouth open, gagging at the lack of chaser. This time he orders a beer—Pinnap, the tried and true—and a straight bottle. Having them go back and forth for more shots is better for their pacing but it’s a killjoy to wait.

Depends what you’re fishing for. What’re you trying to get at, Lulu.

The way he slurs her name is fixed with a sense of accusation. A glint at his eyes looks for more, devious, testy.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 6:52:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyebrows twitched as he prickled and she averted her stare, only to return it when he amended to smooth things over.

Five shots in, and it quickly began to settle, a toxin of bad ideas gradually spreading through her veins. The edge of his figure began to soften a little, while the edge in his tone did not.

“Not your judgment I’m worried about, to be honest with you. It’s a self-respect sort of thing.” This was only partially true in several ways, really. Lulu hesitated only a moment before ordering an Old Fashioned. She had never ordered a mixed drink. Tonight was a night for firsts.

Her eyes met his back, catching the intensity. His use of her name stopped her breath for just a moment. She'd forgotten about that. Oops. “I don’t know, really. You just seem sort of… guarded in general I guess.” She swirled the ice compulsively, as she typically did. She then remembered how much she utterly despised being psycho-analyzed. She cleared her throat and looked away. “Y’know, forgettasaid anything. Don’t mean t' be nosy.” She looked up at the TV briefly, sipping her drink. Her head began swim a bit.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 5:42:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Guarded? Hardly.

Fernando slides the characterizations off the table along with the cap of the half empty botle. With a jerk, he pours his empty glasses, splashing enough to constitute a ‘party foul’ by all account’s of the phrase. Despite her own drink, he slides her one over.

He’s not here for sipping.

You say that,” with conscious effort, he expels a stream of MISTY TERRAIN from his nostrils. “But throw some pixie dust and you won’t stop asking.

One, two. The more he pours the more of it ends up the counter. He almost has half the mind to drink straight from the bottle itself.

We can do one for one, tit for tat.” Strumming them back to back, all in quick succession, starts to take its effect. His face grows pink with flush, staring at her profile. “Like what happened to your face?

Ignorance only lasts because he doesn’t give her the time of day. Now that he’s coaxed himself into giving her his attention, glaring details like her cuts and bruises are impossible to miss.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 6:18:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She looked back at him, smirking, glad the edge had softened. A small hiccup in her chest startled her as she watched him pour a bit on the counter. Lulu might’ve been looking at this as a mighty good opportunity for intel on a sloppy drunk , had she not been quite so tanked herself, already.

Alas, she matched him again. One, two.

Eyebrows raised at the pink mist left came out of his nose like a of dragon’s. It smelled nice, notably so without the mixture of cigarette smoke. She blinked at him, realizing her cheeks were burning from a bemused smile, but before she could ask him more about it, he derailed her thoughts with a question of his own.

Her smile faltered a twitch. She’d tackled someone down a flight of stairs, but even in her state, she wasn’t about to tell anyone about that. “Some crazy arsehole thought they knew me.” She shrugged. “No worries. Took care of ‘em.” Her smile was back, flashing darkness for a moment.

She leaned back in the stool, lacing her hands in her lap formally for a moment. “So,” she started after a click of her tongue, “Pixie dust. Tell me about that then, please.” She narrowed her red eyes at him in a scrutinizing look, showing unguarded and quite genuine curiosity. Her body language was much more open than usual. Her knees faced him more, head dipping towards him just so, voice lowering. “Is it weird?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
betcha don't know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 7:01:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah.” Fernando flashes her a coy smile while his fingers mindlessly drum against the counter. “Sounds like you did,” he trails off. Something about women that can handle themselves, especially those who stand on their own, has always been a turn-on for him. However, on the flip side, the physical evidence they leave, such as nicks and cuts, are just as equally a turn-off.

A shame this picky boy can’t have his Alcremie and eat it.

His turn comes around and Fernando puts a pause on the drinking. Like a well invited poison, the effects seep in gradually at first. He can feel the slight numbing of his tongue along with his personality opening up more. Whatever ‘guards’ he has in place start loosening up but he’s self-aware about it. Aware enough to tinker with a Pokeball on his belt.

It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.” He leans in equally so, cutting the distance between them, taking the chance to both admire her features and realize the extent of her healing injuries. “About as weird as seeing your breath on a cold winter morning. You get used to it though. Aside from that, not much else. Sometimes I can force it, sometimes it comes out on its own. Like a second breath.

His nose wrinkles when he decides they’re a bit too close and he leans back a bit more, shuffling in his seat. “What’s with the Pokemon? You always keep one of them out with you?