[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","iconicon"]

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","sublyric"]
when the world is callin' you, can you hear them screaming out your name?

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

After having already walked through the front doors of 's gym just last week for her previously scheduled appointment, Stormy makes her way into the front lobby to meet the receptionist a second time. This time, she forces herself to take a deep breath - not because she hadn't previously, but because the last time she'd run through these instructions, she'd been told her slot had been taken by a dashing young man () who'd arrived on time in her stead.[break][break]

And, realistically, she wasn't upset by it - she had been late by a sizeable enough margin to warrant a no-show. They'd assured her that it was a mistake, mostly, and rescheduled her in the next available slot. And this time, Stormy showed up on time.[break][break]

"Hey, Paige, was it? Sorry about last week, I know I sorta blew my top a little bit. I swear, that isn't how I normally am.. I just had a long day and a stressful week and some.. some guy just walked in and snatched up my slot -- nope. I'm not gonna talk about it."[break][break]

She smooths her jacket and forces a smile, holding out her hand to the woman.[break][break]

"I'm Stormy Silph, and it's a pleasure to meet you on more amiable grounds."[break][break]

The more she smiles, however, the more she realizes she isn't forcing it - not really. Like she'd said, stressful week.

[attr="class","ooc"]+ tagged

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

[newclass=.stormy] width:490px; background:#2B2B2B; padding:30px 30px 0px 30px; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius:10px; margin:0px auto; position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy] --accent:#D4A33B; --speech:#D4A33B;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy b] color:var(--speech); font-size:13px; text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy i] color:var(--speech); text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy:hover .top] filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(120%); transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top] background:url(https://i.ibb.co/3MZCwxG/Archer-Ishtar-full-2813273.jpg); opacity:0.95; filter:grayscale(5%) contrast(100%); height:250px; padding-top:20px; background-size:110%; background-position:80% 43%; overflow:hidden; position:relative; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .lyricbox] position:absolute; width:420px; left:45px; bottom:10px; z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy:hover .top .lyric] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .lyric] color:#fff; font:italic 35px roboto; line-height:30px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #D4A33B, 1px -1px 0 #D4A33B, -2px 1px 0 #D4A33B, 1px 1px 0 #D4A33B; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; padding-left:20px; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .sublyric] font:15px poppins; line-height:14px; font-weight:bold; color:#000; background:var(--accent); text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:5px 20px;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .sublyric span] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .title] text-align:right; font:bold 10px roboto; margin-top:8px; letter-spacing:5px; padding-left:10px; color:#000;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .iconicon] position:absolute; font-size:200px; top:-50px; right:-50px; color:#DAD3CB; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #D4A33B, -9px -1px 0 #D4A33B, -1px 1px 0 #D4A33B, 1px 1px 0 #D4A33B; z-index:1; transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .main] font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; padding:20px; color:#fff; border-image:slice; border-bottom: 10px solid var(--accent); position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .main::first-line] color:var(--speech); font:14px playfair display;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .textbox] padding:0px 30px; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .pkmntab] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .pkmntab img] filter:grayscale(100%); background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; z-index:99; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .pkmntab img:hover] filter:none; transition:1s all; background:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .flower] background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); height:450px; width:450px; bottom:0px; right:0px; position:absolute; z-index:1;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .ooc] border-top:1px solid #222; padding-left:10px; margin-top:20px; padding-top:15px; font-size:9px; font-family:roboto mono; [/newclass][newclass=.stormy a] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:playfair display; color:inherit; text-decoration:none;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Poppins:700|Montserrat|Playfair+Display|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 8:27:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena beams with radiance all over her face as she walks down the corridor to greet the awaited guest.

“It's good to see you.” She offers her hand as well after she has exchanged pleasantries with her receptionist.

“I trust you're treating her well.”

The pinkette's smile is unfading as she watches her carry herself despite all the pressure of being an elite trainer and stuff.

“We could talk for a while if you want but we can also start if you're pressed for time.”

She takes the lead into guiding her to the entrance of the courtyard. While the decors are much simpler than the last time, when the war has not yet ravaged most of the buildings near the Lilycove coasrt, it is still a sight of beauty that reminds Selena of her old home.

The lush courtyard welcomes them as Selena opens the swing doors, the morning sunlight of the eastern sun gracing the garden-slash-arena with its warmth.

GYM CHALLENGE: TRADITIONAL - SINGLE

#
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 22:29:46 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

Stormy turns on her heel at the voice that pops up from behind. It's cheery and inviting, and she finds herself beaming back at her with equal parts enthusiasm and anticipation.[break][break]

"Selena! It's good to see you too."[break][break]

She takes the woman's handshake eagerly, her grip firm. Surprisingly, despite all of her hard-work and hands-on activity, Stormy sports soft and smooth hands - but they are hot, warmer than normal. One might suspect them to be sweaty, but she is dry, soft, normal outside of her abnormally high body temperature.[break][break]

"I'm in no hurry if you aren't! I checked out for the day - this is me time."[break][break]

She follows the gym leader out into the courtyard, and she takes a deep breath, truly absorbing herself in the moment. [break][break]

"You've really made this place beautiful! You'd hardly know you're in the city."

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

[newclass=.stormy] width:490px; background:#2B2B2B; padding:30px 30px 0px 30px; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius:10px; margin:0px auto; position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy] --accent:#D4A33B; --speech:#D4A33B;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy b] color:var(--speech); font-size:13px; text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy i] color:var(--speech); text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy:hover .top] filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(120%); transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top] background:url(https://i.ibb.co/3MZCwxG/Archer-Ishtar-full-2813273.jpg); opacity:0.95; filter:grayscale(5%) contrast(100%); height:250px; padding-top:20px; background-size:110%; background-position:80% 43%; overflow:hidden; position:relative; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .lyricbox] position:absolute; width:420px; left:45px; bottom:10px; z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy:hover .top .lyric] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .lyric] color:#fff; font:italic 35px roboto; line-height:30px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #D4A33B, 1px -1px 0 #D4A33B, -2px 1px 0 #D4A33B, 1px 1px 0 #D4A33B; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; padding-left:20px; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .sublyric] font:15px poppins; line-height:14px; font-weight:bold; color:#000; background:var(--accent); text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:5px 20px;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .top .sublyric span] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .title] text-align:right; font:bold 10px roboto; margin-top:8px; letter-spacing:5px; padding-left:10px; color:#000;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .iconicon] position:absolute; font-size:200px; top:-50px; right:-50px; color:#DAD3CB; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #D4A33B, -9px -1px 0 #D4A33B, -1px 1px 0 #D4A33B, 1px 1px 0 #D4A33B; z-index:1; transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .main] font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; padding:20px; color:#fff; border-image:slice; border-bottom: 10px solid var(--accent); position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .main::first-line] color:var(--speech); font:14px playfair display;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .textbox] padding:0px 30px; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .pkmntab] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .pkmntab img] filter:grayscale(100%); background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; z-index:99; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .pkmntab img:hover] filter:none; transition:1s all; background:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .flower] background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); height:450px; width:450px; bottom:0px; right:0px; position:absolute; z-index:1;[/newclass][newclass=.stormy .ooc] border-top:1px solid #222; padding-left:10px; margin-top:20px; padding-top:15px; font-size:9px; font-family:roboto mono; [/newclass][newclass=.stormy a] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:playfair display; color:inherit; text-decoration:none;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 9:04:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Thank you. I'm sure my Kalosian origins would dishonor me if I didn't turn this place into something wonderful.” Besides, there is nothing much to change. “Lilycove is already beautiful, though.”

As they enter the garden, Selena takes a moment to stop at the center and bask under the sun. The morning seeps through the transluscent panes of the window ceiling, hugging every shrub with its radiance. When they touched hands a moment ago, it sparks a little reaction from the heat embracing the Elite Four herself.

The sunlight reminds her of Stormy and Stormy reminds her of the sun. It is different to where her thunder roars, which is usually during storms. How ironic, she thinks herself.

“I'm afraid I'm actually the one too busy.” The gym leader admits, a shy smile beaming from her face as her hand reaches her pocket. “But we can still have a little chat while doing our battle.”

Selena releases a capsule in which comes the sceptile. The pokemon has become a favorite companion lately doing gym battles.

“His name is Ascalabus. I get the feeling he's like this battle. I hope you give all your best to please him.”

#
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 19:58:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

"Indeed!"[break][break]

Lilycove was easily one of her favourite cities since moving to Hoenn. Of course, nothing could beat the dry heat of Lavaridge, but she knew that that wasn't everyones cup of tea.[break][break]

The sun filtering in through the windowed ceiling is comforting. It brings an abundance of warmth that makes Stormy's golden skin glow. She looks positively radiant and in her element among the flowering bushes and sunshine. The smile on her face only grows, and she tilts her head to glance back at Selena.[break][break]

"Oh? Uhh sure, no worries! Let's get started then."[break][break]

It puzzles her momentarily, and that much is evident with the quizzical quirk of her brow, that Selena's suggestion for them to sit and talk for a minute only to abruptly change her mind was surprising. But she overcomes the confusion quickly, more than happy to take up chatting during the battle. [break][break]

Selena's first Pokemon, a Sceptile, appears in a steady stream of bright light. He is tall, regal, and fully prepared, it seems. It makes Stormy grin with anticipation, and she reaches for her own pokeball.[break][break]

"He's beautiful. I'm sure that my Cinderace will give him quite a run for his money."[break][break]

She flicks the pokeball up into the air, letting the Galarian starter pop from the capsule. A nearby stone catches the Pokemon's eye and he sprints for it, kicking it around between his feet. It sparks from time to time, and he meets the Sceptile's eye with a challenge.

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 10:17:41 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The compliment makes Ascalabus even more bashful, but it easily overcomes the shyness when his trainer nudges him to start.

“Your cinderace, too, is beautiful. I find mine's a little bit anxious with people.” Tu Shen is indeed not wonderful around an audience, but the nevertheless it makes up for the effort it puts during training and she knows he will come to be someone like the Elite Four's in the near future.

“Shall we start?”

The sceptile positions itself, reading for battle. Its stance goes into defensive moment, as if waiting for the opportunity to strike at its opponent when it uses DOUBLE TEAM. Its figure multiplies exponentially, hoping the foe will have a difficult time to determine which one is real.

“I am a little worried at first, considering the type advantages. But I have trust in my sceptile and he has trust with my intuition. I hope to see the same kind of relationship with you and your pokemons!”

SCEPTILE uses DOUBLE TEAM.

#
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 4:04:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

"Mine is definitely not anxious, he's a bit of a hothead, honestly. Sometimes I wonder if that's just a fire-type thing, most of my Pokemon have a bit of an ego problem."[break][break]

Stormy winks, grinning. At Selena's suggestion to begin, she nods, eyes shifting to lock onto the battlefield. The Cinderace bounces the pebble between his feet more aggressively, flicking it with his heel to spin over his head. But he doesn't pay attention, entirely, to the Sceptile until it's too late.[break][break]

When he does look up, there are at least a dozen, maybe more, of his opponent. He glances back at Stormy, bewildered.[break][break]

"Pay attention to the eyes, Cinderace. The real one's sparkle like a marble in the sun. Look 'em in the eyes, babe, and you'll figure it out. Go on, get in there!"[break][break]

Stormy glances back up at Selena while Cinderace looks through the many, many Sceptile. He's sure that all of their eyes are sparkling, but he does his best to pay attention. Inactivity breeds contempt though, or something like that, and so he eventually dribbles his pebble while he quick attacks through the copies, destroying them one by one, keeping close attention to the eyes.[break][break]

"Cinderace is definitely one of my younger Pokemon! I'm sure this will be an educational battle for both parties!"

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 11:36:52 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Ascal is also newer addition to my gym challenge pokemons! I know that we'll really learn a lot from each other.”

The Elite Four's cinderace strikes through the afterimages of sceptile with such finesse, but the distraction is utilized for it not to expect the following attack.

“Bring them down!”

The sceptile lunges from behind, his arms above his head, ready to bring down boulders as he uses ROCK SLIDE against the hare.

SCEPTILE uses ROCK SLIDE.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 15:36:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

"Bounce!"[break][break]

Cinderace's head snaps around at Stormy's interjection, and follows the woman's point. While he had been distracted and disoriented by the multiple images of the Sceptile, he wasn't watching for a sneak attack. Frankly, he should have, but it was due to Stormy's own keen eye and attentiveness that he managed to react.[break][break]

Of course, not without taking some amount of damage.[break][break]

Just as the rock slide begins to slam upon him, the bunny BOUNCES when Stormy commands it, trusting her judgement. As the rest of the rock slide descends in a heavy pile, the Cinderace would not be there underneath it all. In fact, he would land on top of it instead, foot thumping repeatedly against the ground.[break][break]

"Well done! Now you know where he is, so go get him!"[break][break]

Cinderace kicks off, spraying rocks from the rock slide in his wake. What appears to be a QUICK ATTACK turns into a FLAME CHARGE very quickly, his body heating up as he sprints to body-slam the Sceptile.

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 6:53:06 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
As the cinderace retaliates from the air, the sceptile manages to find his footing on the ground to brace the incoming flame charge.

“I like how you utilize your moves to go around the arena, but Ascal is someone who's not without tricks too!”

Sceptile braces the attack with CROSS POISON, the sharp leaves from its arms shimmering in purple glow as it blocks the hare, hoping to slice deep into its flesh and poison the target. Ascalabus backs down from the attacks impact, his feet dragging on the ground but only to anchor its weight to deal with the next attack.

“Don't let it outspeed you!”

The gecko is then surrounded by an orange light; its foot stomps which causes a BULLDOZING tremor that targets 's pokemon, and another one to finally hit it with a slowing impact.

SCEPTILE uses CROSS POISON to minimize FLAME CHARGE's impact, and hoping to poison the target.
SCEPTILE is hit by FLAME CHARGE. It deals great damage.
SCEPTILE uses BULLDOZE. It will decrease the target's speed upon hitting.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 7:47:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

"We're of creative minds, and tons of experience!"[break][break]

As she says this though, Stormy's brows furrow at the impact the cross poison has. The Sceptile literally tanks the flame charge with his arms crossed in front of him. Purple poison slices into the rabbits forearms, as the bunny had the sense to block the attack in return.[break][break]

Thankfully, no poison enters his bloodstream due to his due diligence.[break][break]

"Nice job, Cinderace! Keep it up, buddy!"[break][break]

The follow up is to put space between them. With a burst of speed and a rapid thump of his feet, the fire-type sprints away from the Sceptile with a quick attack, keeping an eye on the creature. When it ultimately comes at him hard with a bulldoze, he responds with another bounce, this time leaping straight into the air to come crashing down on top of the Sceptile, too busy plowing dirt in a straight line.[break][break]

He had seen Stormy's Donphan use this move, and recalled how tunnel-vision the poor brute could be. Even Stormy knew the weaknesses of a move such as that, having witnessed Donphan get demolished on the battlefield in a battle against .[break][break]

"Crush him, bud!"

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 16:23:59 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
But that is where the cinderace and are mistaken, for when the bulldoze sets in and breaks through the ground, it isn't just earth that it bores out but ROCKS are also exhumed for Ascal to easily SLIDE into his opponent.

“Don't let him!”

Despite his feet buried inches onto the soil, his arms thrusts the boulders to prevent the hare from pouncing him.

“Now, attack!”

And then the sceptile begins to lunge at his target, his bladed arms growing purple as it attempts a BREAKING SWIPE at its opponent.

SCEPTILE evades BOUNCE by using ROCK SLIDE (to prevent CINDERANCE from crashing on him).
SCEPTILE uses BREAKING SWIPE. It will decrease the target's ATK upon hitting.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 17:17:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

His feet strike a rock slide, the boulders upheaved into his downward swing. It knocks him backward, flipping him unceremoniously into the dirt at the unexpected impact. When the dust settles and the rocks fall back to the ground, the Cinderace is back on his feet and wiping his mouth.[break][break]

"Walk it off!"[break][break]

The Sceptile comes in hard, however, his arm coming down like a blade. Cinderace has several loose rocks at his feet, however, and he conjures up a pyro ball to block the attack. Concentrating his power, it acts as a miniature explosion on impact, the ball of energy exploding when the breaking swipe makes contact. [break][break]

When he had kicked it into the breaking swipe, he had effectively pushed himself backward and out of the blast zone, though his fur is still swept back.

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 9:37:01 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The explosion sends the sceptile rolling on the ground, the impact from his attack and the cinderace's pyro ball enough to injure Ascal and gain wounds. Pain and exhaustion is visible in its face, but the moment he anchors his feet to stand up once more, Selena knows the sceptile is far from giving up.

“Yes, I'm right here Ascal, get back at it!”

The gecko begins to emit a verdant glow (OVERGROW) that reflects with the sunlight abovve. He stretches his arms, green orbs of energy hones from the bladed leaves and sends them towards the hare. Ascal attempts GIGA DRAIN.

SCEPTILE is hit by PYRO BALL. It deals high damage.
SCEPTILE uses GIGA DRAIN. It is powered by OVERGROW.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a woman scorned [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 9:52:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[attr="class","title"]
STORMY SILPH

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

The pyro ball splashes against the Sceptile, and Cinderace takes a brief step back to catch his breath. He's breathing heavily, but seems to be in better shape for the most part to his opponent. This much is evident by the way the green reptile begins to overgrow. [break][break]

In a surge of power, the Sceptile's giga drain slams against him. For a moment, the hare is covering his head from the razor-sharp blades that sap at his strength and confidence. But Stormy calls out to him, grounding him.[break][break]

"This is it, buddy! Don't let him discourage you, you're doing great! Now hit him hard, go, go, go!"[break][break]

She claps her hands together, and Cinderace's eyes seem to glow with renewed strength. He bolts forward, pushing past the giga drain to surprise the Sceptile with a double-edge. His previous acts of libero enable him to hit harder, somehow able to change his typing to match his moves.

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]