[attr=class,wordcount]
gym challenge: biome badge

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"I really don't think that's a good idea."[break][break]

Stormy frowns, balling her hands into her fists behind her back. The intensity of the battle had already encouraged her to raise the temperature. The strength behind her Pokemon's fighting-style, behind its heat was a result of her influence. Whenever the Centiskorch would thrash and fall back into the lava, it would come back out even hotter, even faster.[break][break]

And now, with Zac encouraging the woman to fight even harder, to warp the biome to suit her needs, she can feel the stir of primal energy beneath her feet. This volcano inhabited more than just the two bug-type Pokemon. Days ago, the woman had battled against , and the young man had fought valiantly against her Moltres. The legendary bird had flown to the volcano to recharge and she hadn't seen it since.[break][break]

Now, however, she could feel its strength tenfold.[break][break]

Zac's Volcarona catches the current and dodges the Centiskorch's attack. But something bursts from the depths of the lava pool with a scream, and molten wings shed pulsing red liquid as it rises. The Centiskorch rolls off the back of the legendary Pokemon and back into the pits, only to quickly skitter and wrap itself around one of the stalagmites that had fallen.[break][break]

Stormy takes a step back as Moltres appears, shedding the remainder of blackened feathers in favor of renewed golden ones. It stares at her with a look akin to judgment before flying away.[break][break]

Centiskorch remains on the chunk of rock, coiled around it tightly. It doesn't appear to move.[break][break]

buff (sunny day) +10
[break][break]

[break]

notes: 2/3 - using sunny day
[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
All burnt up without a 'tres [Gym Battle]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 1:05:21 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac's jaw dropped as Moltres emerged from the pit. He felt his skin sear at heat sloughed off the emerging, volcanic bird. It burned like a soaring star, and Zac had to avert his eyes. Later, he would look back at the footage with awe, watching the emergence again and again.
    Volcarona was at home in the burning skies, but Moltres embodied them, and the sky above the volcano burned and blistered as the legendary ascended.
    Zac eyes watered from the heat, the tears turning to steam and leaving thin burn lines on his cheeks. The legends were true? Zac wondered, mind racing. He was still half-blinded when the creature disappeared over the lip of the volcano. I'd heard about it being in Mt Chimney, but I never... Something twigged in Zac's memory. 
    What had Stormy said just before the legendary appeared? "I really don't think that's a good idea." Had she been talking about Moltres? Could she control it? Zac remembered her arrival at the volcano, hands hidden behind her back. Even then her presence had been blistering and sizzling. Zac had thought it was just the volcano. He looked over at Stormy. She looked the polar opposite of Zac, who was blistered, awed, eyes-still streaming from the burning emergence of the legendary. 
    "Stormy," Zac coughed, his lungs seared from inhaling the sizzling air, "are you a bloody avatar?" 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 1:15:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy glances at the man, doing a double-take when she sees the heat coming off of the emerging Moltres. He's too close.[break][break]

Where she stands glowing, Zac is not so lucky. She gasps, shifting from her rooted position to run towards him. The battle has been forgotten in favor of pulling him out of harm's way. The woman's hand reaches for him, but before she makes contact with skin she hesitates, uncertain. [break][break]

Even now that Moltres had disappeared over the lip of the mountain, it's heat still poured off of her even now. She can feel it, and anxiety prevented her from reigning it in.[break][break]

He coughs and her brows come together in concern. The hand reaching for him reaches instead for her belt, unhitching a Vaporeon. It makes a noise of protest at the heat, but her brief orders encourage the Pokemon to spray everyone down with cold water.[break][break]

"Yes I am-- I'm so sorry, are you alright? We should get out of here, you're literally burning up."[break][break]

buff (sunny day) +10
[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 1:59:00 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

A half-hour later the pair are back at the Lavaridge Gym and Community Fitness Center. It was a great place to recover, with aircon, drinks for rehydrating, and an ample supply of burn heals. Zac had cold, white towels wrapped around any place he'd been burnt, which left him looking a bit like a Bearctic. 
    "Wild afternoon, ay? Sorry about the gym battle," Zac said, leaning back in his chair. "Thanks for the save. You know what they say: If you can't stand the heat get out of the volcano!" he chuckled, and winced as he agitated a few of his many burns. "Ow, shit. Can you hand me another burn heal, please?" 
    "Great battle though. Are you ready for the interview?" Zac asked. He coughed, banged his chest with one closed fist, as if to beat the pain away. His lungs felt better, but they were definitely still burnt, and he wasn't desperate enough to try inhaling any of the burn heal.
    "Do you feel that you fulfilled the educational objective and used the biome to its fullest?"

"What did you learn?"

"Did you have fun?"  

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 2:27:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy hovers without actually touching him, awkwardly shifting her weight between both feet in an attempt to relax. It isn't working. Not when people are wrapping cold towels around his bare skin to cover up the redness, the blisters, the welts.[break][break]

"Oh my God, Zac."[break][break]

She looks crushed, absolutely, to see him this way. And when he opens his mouth to speak she inwardly cringes. Stormy wrings her hands awkwardly, unsure what to do with herself. She'd since cooled down to a more reasonable temperature, but she was far too nervous to get anywhere near him for fear she might aggravate his burns.[break][break]

"You really don't have to speak, if it hurts. I'm so sorry, Zac."[break][break]

But he continues anyway, and she chews the inside of her lip.[break][break]

"Well, I certainly showed you just how freakin' hot the volcano is, yeah? Don't underestimate the heat - especially, I guess, for people who aren't me. I'm really, really sorry.

But.. I always have fun-- when lava and a Moltres isn't spewing from a pool of lava, I mean."
[break][break]

Sheepish, she reaches for a glass of cold water to pass off to him, though she's sure that the ice cubes in it melt before it even reaches his hand.[break][break]

buff (sunny day) +10
[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 1:59:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac took the cup of water, warm now from Stormy's touch. He sipped at it, slowly rehydrating. He leaned his head back against one of the bleachers, resting "We really-" Zac winced and cut off as one of the blisters on his face ripped. -need to get a healing Pokemon for the gym, he finished in his head. Stormy's right. I shouldn't be talking. Just healing.
    She stood a few feet away, the warmth coming off her noticeable in the airconditioned gym. Zac nodded slowly, absorbing her warning about the volcano. It was a bit like a parent telling you not to touch a hot stove moments after you'd already been burnt. Though would he have listened beforehand? Probably not. Just laughed and put on another layer of Aloe.
    He was definitely going to have to rethink the volcano challenge now. Maybe even remove it entirely...

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 19:26:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
When he winces, so does she. The look on Stormy's face is strained and pained, as if she were able to share his pain. Yet she bore no scars, no blisters, no shiny patches or red sunburns. She was immaculate and unharmed, glowing as if the sun were still warming her skin.[break][break]

"I'll leave Blissey with you for a few days, if you'd like, Zac. She used to be the gym medic when I ran the place, she'll know what to do."[break][break]

Her hand retracts and settles into her lap, fingers folding over themselves as she muses over his earlier questions. She had avoided them at first because, unlike the first time during their field testing, the answers had come easily, confidently. This time, she felt a tightness in her chest and a level of uncertainty.[break][break]

"I.. do think that I fulfilled the educational objective to the best of my ability, but not as well as I should have. I should have pulled my punches a little bit more, expressed more caution in my own strength. It seems that even now I haven't quite learned my lesson to reign in my wild side.[break][break]

Maybe next time someone should take me out of my element and throw me into the river to fight."
[break][break]

She smiles slightly, a poor attempt at a joke.[break][break]

"But I learned that you're tougher than you look. You barely batted an eye despite the heat. I don't even think I saw you cry-- or maybe your tears evaporated too quickly."[break][break]

With a deep inhale, Stormy reclines in her seat and thinks hard.[break][break]

"I did have fun though. Battling gives me a rush unlike any other, and the heat of battle in the heart of the volcano brought mack intense memories and feelings from when I first met Moltres. This battle was important to me, I'm just sorry that I got ahead of myself and you ended up hurt."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...
[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 13:43:09 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The Biome Badge required a display of mastery. Mastery over the biome. Can you use the environment to its fullest extent? In the case of Stormy it was, well, complicated. She could use the biome. Hell, she had godlike control over the volcano. But she needed to learn to temper that fire. To concentrate that burn instead of roasting everything in her path (Zac included). She needed to be a laser, not a flamethrower.
    But she knew that. Zac could see that in the way she talked. In the way she brought him water and even offered to have her Blissey take care of him. Stormy was trying. And that was what Zac wanted to see.
    Gym Badges aren't about strength. They are about learning. Stormy knew she needed to do better, and would strive to do so. 
    Zac smiled as much as possible and reached into his jacket. The badge had been in one of his pockets when Moltres emerged, and it was still warm with residual heat. 
"Great work Stormy," Zac said, voice crackling. He took a sip of water and gave her the badge, along with a careful hug. "It was a pleasure battling." He coughed, sitting back down. It would be a while before he was back to fighting fit. "Let's do this again. Maybe, uh, somewhere a bit cooler." 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 17:07:04 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
He pulls her into a hug and she delicately squeezes him back. Though the hug means more to her than he possibly realizes, she's the one to pull away first.[break][break]

"Like Shoal cave, maybe?"[break][break]

A nervous chuckle and the badge is pressed into her hand. It's warm still from the battle, and her thumb brushes its polished surface, mesmerized by its beauty. [break][break]

"Thank you, Zac. For everything."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...
[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 6:09:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: