1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 7:34:59 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Thanks for meeting me here Doc," Zac said, offering a handshake to the acquaintance. Eva had been there at the festival, but they hadn't had a chance to properly meet. It was only had mentioned her later that he had realized what an asset she would be. 
    They were at a rest spot along one of Mt Pyre's walking paths. The lookout was empty aside from the two of them, and with the weather so clear Zac could see all the way out past Lilycove.
    Zac sent out Boshi, who snorted out a thin wick of flame. He looked recovered from the fight with Tapu Bulu, but... "I'm worried about him Doc. He got hammered by a tree while his shell was down." Zac patted Boshi's regenerated shell, and the Turtonator looked at him oddly. "His appetite has been off, he's moving more slowly than before, and I swear his flame is weaker." Turtonator shot an indignant jet of flame at Zac, who avoided it. "See what I mean?"
    "I took him and the rest of the crew to a Poke Center straight after, but is it possible he could still be hurt? "

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 18:00:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva was somewhat surprised to receive a call from . The doctor was both curious and skeptical. She had a front row seat at the festival, witnessing both the destruction and beauty that came with the burden of becoming an avatar. Eva still hadn’t decided on which side of the aisle she would sit. Her curiosity had her reading up on legendary lore but she was still far too busy to really dive into it.

This was her first trip to Mt. Pyre. Her swift Salamance made quick work of the journey. The pokemon disappeared into its pokeball as Eva approached Zac from the walking path. He was hard to miss. The robust, indeed.

“Good to see ya again, Leader Ramsay,” the small blonde smiled, accepting his hand for a vigorous shake. The Gallade behind her shrugged the large medical pack off his shoulders and onto the ground.

Eva stepped back to inspect the Turtonator as Zac talked. Her brow pinched in concentration as she slowly moved around the beast. Every so often she would nod, acknowledging she was still listening to Zac. Her lips pulled into a frown at the weakened jet of flame, “Yea, I see that,” Eva stepped back, leaning her chin into her palm. Her fingers strummed her cheek while her mind cranked out a plan, “Yea, it’s definitely possible,” she sighed, crossing her arms and looking back over towards Zac, “Some things can pop up over time. And some things, you can’t see,” She tapped her head for emphasis. All the fancy equipment in the world wouldn’t fix PTSD. Eva had bared witness to its debilitating effects too many times.

“Alright, big boy! Lemme see your shell!” she enthusiastically spread her arms out, asking the Turotnator to so the same so she could get a good look at the carapace and the plastron.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 2:07:13 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Boshi raised his arms, but with his shell in one piece his flexibility was limited. He couldn't get anywhere near the perpendicular pose that Eva had demonstrated. The Turtonator shuffled around, displaying the star-formation of its plastron, and the landmine-shaped carapace.
     "It's pretty phenomenal how much their body differs from other turtles," Zac said, slipping into his comforting TV persona. "His carapace is just one big piece. But this is only the case with mature Turtonators." 
    It was easy for Zac to talk about Boshi as if he were not right there. There was a comforting buffer of academic distance between his words and the subject. This wasn't Boshi, it was just 'A Turtonator'.
    "Babies still have the clear scute divisions, but as they get older and their explosive power increases, so too does their internal temperature. Their ambient body heat fuses the scutes into one huge piece, presumably to better withstand the power of their Shell Trap."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 3:00:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The Turtonator did it’s best to give the doctor a good view of its shell. Eva took time to carefully inspect the vulnerable part of the pokemon’s plastron on the center of its chest. As her eyes ran over the pokemon’s shell a smile grew on her lips while Zac spoke. There was an intrigued sparkle in her eyes when she glanced over at him, “Wow, Zac, I’m very impressed,” it was very rare she came across someone who actually knew just as much, maybe more, than her about pokemon. Veterinary school drilled it into Eva. It was, after all, the most important part of her profession – recognizing the unique properties of her patients. Each pokemon had its own set of physiological laws that must be followed for optimal health. For the lay person to know such depth was a breath of fresh air.

“Guess I don’t have to bore you with the details then,” she stepped back from the Turtonator, giving it a thankful nod for its cooperation, “Well, good news is I don’t see anything wrong with ‘im grossly,” she motioned to the pokemon as a whole, “I assume you increased the amount of volcanic and explosive material in his diet after the battle?” his shell seemed to be regenerating fine so she assumed that was the least of their worries. Boshi seemed mentally appropriate with no neurologic deficits, “Next step may be to run some bloodwork to make sure everything’s functioning well on the inside,” It wouldn’t be the first time she’d seen a hard battle damage a pokemon’s organs and the clinical signs didn’t manifest until days, sometimes weeks, later.

“Otherwise, it may not be . . . physical,” she tapped her chin and glanced at Zac to see if he understood what she meant by that.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 23:42:42 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

At the clean bill of health, Zac let out a sigh. "Yeah, sourced straight from Mt Chimney, with some Meteor Falls limestone mixed in" he said, "I caught him nearby, so any trace minerals he's used to should be in that mix."
    "Bloodwork? Sounds a bit extreme, but if there's no visual explanation for his state I guess we have to go deeper. You're the doc, doc."
    "Oh." Zac said, looking over at Eva, who was tapping her chin ponderously. "I, uh, well that's not really my area."
Shit. Why didn't I bloody think of that? "So like, uh, battle trauma?" Zac peered over at Boshi, who didn't look traumatized. He didn't look any different than normal, really. "...how do we tell?"

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 15:52:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva smiled, mildly amused. It was common for people to think bloodwork was extreme. The doctor reveled in the teaching opportunity, “Bloodwork’s no big deal, just a lil poke, this big guy would barely feel it,” What was a small needle in comparison to being slapped around by another pokemon? “Even if nothing is wrong, it’s always good to have a baseline in case there if disease in the future. We at least know what is ‘normal’ for that individual,” she wasn’t pushing bloodwork, per say, mostly giving her two cents as a doctor.

“Well, it’s not really something I can test for so really it’s a diagnosis of exclusion. Meaning, if I can’t find anything else wrong that’s really the only thing left,” Her gaze flashed over to Boshi, “The only treatment is time and support,” she wished she had a magical cure, “Sometimes, it’s easy to forget a pokemon’s mind isn’t benign. A rough battle can leave ‘em flustered and anxious. Pardon my bluntness, Boshi,” she apologized in advance to the Turtonator. He was gonna hate this, “He got whooped by a legendary, and I’m sure losing isnt’ something he’s use to,” she braced for the Turtonator (or Zac’s) reaction to her straight forward response. Eva wouldn’t be surprised if he was having some mild form of PTSD. It wouldn’t be the first time she’d diagnosed it.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 16:39:59 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac dove for Eva, shielding her as Boshi let out a screech of protest and exploded. Weak clouds of stinking black smoke burst from the cracks in his shell, and pieces of sizzling shell shrapnel fell like chunky rain.
    "Uh, sorry about that doc. We, uh, don't say the L word around Boshi." It was unclear whether Zac was talking about 'losing' or 'legendary'. He looked over at the fuming dragon turtle. Boshi's eyes had narrowed to near slits, and smoke spilled from his cratered shell, pooling at his feet.     Zac tapped his chin as he trod upwind of the sulking chelonian. "You may be on to something." Said Zac, who was practicing his understatements. "So, uh, how do we go about fixing him?"

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 17:22:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Zac wasn’t the only one ready for an explosion. Eva’s Gallde was ever attentive to her well-being. It was his job, after all, to protect and heal. The sparkling shimmer of a PROTECT rose between them and the Turtonator as he lunged to Eva’s side. Judgmental eyes narrowed towards Boshi. The Turtonator’s carelessness didn’t sit well with the psychic-type.

“Yea, no kiddin’!” Eva gasped in surprised as both Zac and her Gallade came to her aid, Sorry, Boshi,“ she grumbled, honestly upset she distressed the explosive turtle.

She glanced back over at Zac, “Unfortunately, there’s not much I can do. No magic pill for that,” she laid a hand gently on Blade’s shoulder, encouraging him to step back away from the other pokemon, “Support, practice, slowly easing him back into it,” she thought for a moment more, “Maybe even slowly introducing him back to Tapu Bulu now that you’re . . . one” she vaguely motioned towards Zac as a whole. She wasn’t really sure how else to put that.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 16:02:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac nodded his thanks at the Gallade. Had Boshi been at full power, the Protect would have been a lot more useful than Zac's jacket. "Introduce him to Tapu Bulu slowly?" Zac repeated, eyes narrowing as he looked over at Turtonator. "You might be onto something there, but how about we go one further..."
    Zac dropped his voice, and turned away from Boshi, just in case the turtle could read his lips. "What if we set up a rematch, only this time Boshi beats Tapu Bulu?"  

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 4:55:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
“Huh…” Eva nodded her head while a few scenarios popped to the front of her brain, “If you think it’ll work,” she shrugged, eyeing Boshi. Would Zac be able to “trick” the Turtonator into think it wasn’t rigged? Eva hadn’t seen the turtle in action prior to the Festival but she doubted it would emerge victorious over the legendary without help, “If he’s willing to battle it, then it’s worth a shot,” as long as he didn’t get his ass kicked there was no harm to it that Eva could think of.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 0:26:53 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I don't think Bulu's going to be kicking any asses for a while," Zac said quietly. "That big outburst at the festival seems like a few years of pent up energy." He looked over at Boshi, whose shell was letting off little trails of smoke and steam. "Boshi hasn't seen Bulu since the festival though, so I'll take it slow like you suggested. Let's get that bloodwork done and I'll try reintroducing them at home. Once that's done and I've given Bulu some acting lessons, I'll call you up. I definitely want you there if any battling might be going on."
    Zac reached into his bag, looking around for something. "Do you have a retainer rate or anything? I'm looking for someone who can be on call for emergencies." He thought back to the judgmental staff at the Rustboro Pokemon center. "I want to be able to call someone I trust."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 19:18:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva placed her hands on her hips, listening intently to Zac’s plan. The man seemed confident in it and he didn’t strike Eva as someone who lacked common sense. He had impressed her with his knowledge thus far. Therefore, he didn’t need her coddling in a sensitive situation like this. Eventually, she nodded, “Sounds like you’ve got this covered! But yes, I’m happy to be there whenever you need me!” It was solidified with a bright smile.

A subtle flush rose in her cheeks, it wasn’t everyday someone actually told her they trusted her. The bright smile turning coy. As far as being on call, Eva dismissed the thought of a fee with a wave of her hand, “That won’t be necessary. You’re a Gym Leader, I’m contracted with The League, badda bing, badda boom, I’m always on call for y’all,” she explained with a serious of hand gestures.

Eva snapped on a set of gloves Blade handed her along with a syringe and long spinal needle. It look intimidating to the human eye but this was a 2 meter, 200kg plus pokemon they were talking about here, “Alright, Boshi, hold still. Ya shouldn’t feel a thing,” hopefully. She hadn’t forgotten about his little outburst earlier.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 1:35:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Boshi fumed as Eva inserted the spiral needle, tensing as the strange woman got close. The needle hurt, but not as much as the feeling that he needed help. He was the strongest, toughest, and oldest of Zac's Pokemon, so why would a loss bother him? He didn't need medicine, or time, or reassurance that he was strong!
    Boshi looked down as Eva took his blood. The ground around him was greyed and ashy, as if a campfire had been built there months ago. He saw a daisy poking out of the dirt. His outburst had knocked off a few of its bright petals. Boshi stamped on it.
    He glared at the doctor, at Blade and at Zac as they said their goodbyes, dripping limp globs of flame as they went their separate ways. "It's gonna be alright mate," Zac said to him. The big man rubbed his shell supportively, and Boshi saw pity in the redhead's eyes. He rankled, twisting and spitting like a Skitty that had been rubbed the wrong way. Who was the trainer to offer up hollow words! It was alright. He was fine. There was no need for medicine, or rest, or any of this attention. He turned away from Zac, weak smoke dribbling from his snout. He spotted another flower and ground it under his foot.  
    "I know it's stressful mate, but we'll get through this together. I'm here for you!" Zac said, and Boshi glared at the ground, his beady, dragon eyes thin with contempt. 

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 21:47:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The way Boshi glared the whole time made Eva a bit nervous. She moved slowly to avoid startling him. Surprisingly, she collected the sample without getting burned to a crisp so that was a win. She exhaled, quickly stepping away to place it in the proper tubes, “Good boy, Boshi! Thanks for not crushing me,” she praised with a smile, “I’ll get back to ya as soon as I get the results, alright?” she assured as she put away her items, “It was good to see ya, Zac. Hope to see you again soon!” she smiled before stepping away to give the trainer and pissed off pokemon some space to work it out. The doctor and her companion disappeared back down the path towards the base of the mountain.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Mt Evarest [social]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 4:58:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: