3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - CAVE [BC]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 23:31:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

And now it was time for the hardest part! The meat and potatoes of the contest - the search for the badge! Eva remembered this part well. It was also her favorite part of the contest as a whole. The Aerodactyl settled in behind her as she plopped down in one of the soaked chairs at the mess of a judges booth. The prehistoric pokemon purred and nudged her arm with his large snout. Eva gave the beast a firm pat on the head. The doctor wrapped her hands around a piping hot cup of tea. The Kabutops delicately set a plate of little snacks on her lap before crouching down beside the Aerodactyl.

Eva rocked back and forth in her seat, tossing a cracker into her mouth, “Gotta say, I’m pretty pumped to see what these guys and gals got!” she admitted with a smile, crunching down on her cracker before diverting her eyes to the Minior Monitor.

was the first to catch her attention with his daring dive into the frigid lake, “Whoa!” she gasped, moving to the edge of her seat when the contestant disappeared beneath the water with the help of their pokemon.

Eva cringed at the sight of ’s Lycanroc licking Kilinklang dropping . . . gross. Her jaw nearly hit the floor when he came across a pokemon statue that looked eerily similar to a legendary that had popped up in her reading recently.

A shiver ran down the doctor’s spine when was engulfed in a swarm of Golbat. As much as Eva loved all pokemon, being surrounded by them in a dark narrow corridor didn’t sound like fun.

The cringing didn’t stop there. When ran into a dead frikken body at the bottom of a crater in a lake, Eva gulped down her bite of sandwich and gently set the plate aside as the body rose from the water, “What the hell,” she muttered to Zac, eye wide in surprise. Eva wasn’t too squirmy. She dealt with dead pokemon quite frequently. Dead humans? That was a whole other thing. Humans were gross.

’s Lapras proved time and time again to be indispensable. The way the Captain and pokemon worked together was flawless!

’s pokemon blew Eva away with their teamwork! There were no regrets from her having awarded them the boon. The frozen bridge across the vast darkness large corridor was breathtaking.

Eva gave a firm slap on the arm when ’s pokemon dove into the depths of the unknown. From their battle with the Salamence to solving an ancient puzzle, Eva was on the edge of her seat, “Wouldya look at that!!” she gasped, squeezing Zac’s rock hard bicep with tiny hands (she could see why everyone was thirsting over him now – helloooooo, Zac). She couldn’t help herself, she was literally about to explode from the excitement! She couldn’t believe what Oscar’s pokemon came across and the way they handled themselves and worked together against the menacing Salamence.

The doctor’s heart was pounding when she realized she had a vice grip on Zac’s arm, “Woops! Sorry, Zac.” she laughed nervously, giving his arm a gentle pat before reclining back in her chair as approached. His perspective on the Limestone was very impressive! As well as his realization and growth from the contest. Eva gave the young boy a bright smile, “What a great realization! We do need to be cautious with nature. There is a fine balance that we must respect. You did wonderfully, ! Thank you for participating!”

Eva leaned forward was approached, eager to ask about the Regice statue he found in the depths of the cave. Perhaps she’d have to ask him to take her back there. Eva examined the selfies before giving him a solid nod, “Extraordinary find, Kazimir! Perhaps you’ll show me exactly where?” she asked hopefully with a sparkle of adventure in her emerald eyes, “Excellent job, as well!” Eva praised before the next contestant approached with their findings.

, unsurprisingly, made Eva laugh, “That is an impressive set of abs!” she agreed with a smirk, “You and your pokemon are certainly masters of the sea! Even when it sneaks its way into a cave!” There was no arguing that.

The recipient of her boon approached next, ! You certainly didn’t let me down! Your pokemon make a hell of a pair!”

Eva leapt out of her seat when she saw , “Man! What a WILD ride! I was stunned by your pokemon’s findings! I certainly agree it was educational and thrilling seeing how everyone used the biome in their own unique ways! Fantastic job, Oscar! I was really impressed,” she shot the man a wink before sitting back down in her chair.

“This 'aint gonna be easy,” she sighed, glancing over at Zac to begin their deliberations.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 0:49:40 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - CAVE

ROUND 3 - RESULTS

HIGHLIGHTS

Zac and Eva returned from viewing the highlights, and took their spots at the judging table for the final announcement. 
    "I'm really proud of you," Zac said, to the assembled contestants. "I didn't think it would be possible to top the displays of the jungle contest, but you did! I couldn't be happier."     

WINNER

CONGRATULATIONS!

"Oscar, from the start I was sure we were going to see great things from you. Nostra and Wraith are an interesting pair to bring, both suited to the cave biome but in very different ways," Zac said, as he walked over to the trainer. "We got to see heaps of excellent biome usage from your whole team, as well as constant reminders of what makes Crobat and Frosmoth unique."
    Zac smiled at the two Pokemon. "Dropping icicles on Salamence, feeding on a Woobat, and using echolocation to find your way in the dark are just some of the highlights from today. Amazing work, and I'm proud to declare you the winner of the Cavern Crown!" Zac said, as he handed Oscar the crown. It was set with the polished results of Oscar's third round findings: the frame was ancient gold, drawn from the crown in Mega Glalie's lair. In place of the gray mountain base was opal, blinking with a thousand colors and shifting as quickly as luck itself. The harsh red of the volcanic flow was instead faded crimson, cut from one of the throat scales of the aged Salamence that Oscar, Wraith and Nostra had defeated.
    "Absolutely legendary last round, all three of you."

Oscar has been awarded the Biome Badge! 
He also receives the Cavern Crown! 
It gives advantage to finding and unlocking any secret doors found in caves! 

He is invited to help judge the next biome contest!

BADGES

"Throughout this contest, you have all shown your ability to use the biome wonderfully. However, as mentioned before, these additional badges are for outstanding biome usage. If it were just for usage you would all get one, but these are for those contestants who went above and beyond in that final round."

" ! Another first timer that surprised us with their skill and ingenuity. Right from the first round you knew what we were looking for, and you gave it to us with that stunning display of shattering the falling ice. You flooded the biome, and then swam to the deepest part to uncover a sunken secret. You explored the darkest recesses, and really came to understand what makes this place so unique," Zac said, as he held out Glitch's biome badge. Like Oscar's the components had been tidied up and adjusted to fit the official shape. The ship metal formed the base of the mountain, with limestone in place of lava, and the yellow gem from the flooded nests set where the cloud should be. The colors seemed off, but strangely right, balanced in their own way. 
    "You've got a lot of heart, and it was an absolute pleasure to see Twizzler and Bug-Juice run amok in the biome. This place is clearly a home to them. Amazing work."

Zac awarded  the Biome Badge!

"Kaz. You came back for more and boy did you deliver. You know how to work with the biome, and were always using the rock and stone in creative ways." Zac took Kaz's previous badge and made some adjustments before handing it back. "If the first peak of the badge represents mastery of the jungle, then this second peak is for the caves. Outstanding." Next to the red and gray peak was now a second mountain of cold tones. The chunk of Regice's arm had frozen the Klinklang droppings solid, and the mixture of gray and frozen blue was inset with the gem Kazimir had extracted from the glittering pillar. "Great pics by the way mate. Can you send me that one of you licking the ice statue?"

Zac upgraded  's Biome Badge to a Quadrome Badge!

"But nobody leaves here empty handed!" Zac said, as he pulled out a heavy duffel bag. Inside were a number of metallic plates, all marked with a huge 'Z' across one face. "I 'found' these while surveying the place earlier. Everybody take one! You all put in such hard work you deserve to take something home. Cherish it, put it on the mantle, just whatever you do don't lose it!"

Everybody who participated in the third round of the biome contest may take either a Rock, Steel, or Ice Z-Plate. These can be added directly to your PC and do not need to be redeemed in the site shop.

THANK YOU

A big thanks to everyone who participated in the Biome Contest - Cave! It was amazing to see such biomeular creativity and read all about your exciting adventures in the caves. 

And a big thanks to the guest judge and previous contest winner ! Her insights and love of teamwork were invaluable when deciding on the winner. And a moment of silence for our fallen judge

Anyone with a Biome Badge is eligible for a spot on the judging table in future contests, so contact me on Discord if you are interested!

Keep an eye out for the next Biome Contest - Urban

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 22:40:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
[break][break]