TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - CAVE [BC]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 16:05:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - CAVE

Shoal Cave - 35° 28' 30.0" N 138° 40' 0.408" E

WELCOME

"Howzit goin everyone! Glad to see you all here. Sorry about the temperature! Next time I'll see if we can hold the cave contest outside in the sunshine." Zac chuckled, his breath fogging in the freezing air. "I see a few familiar faces here. Some of you have already proven your biome skill," he said, meeting the eyes of and , "and some of you are hungry for another shot." He smiled at . "...and some of you have unfathomable motives." He said, eyeing suspiciously. "And I see plenty of fresh faces too!" rubbed his hands together in anticipation. 

CONTESTANTS

with Golisopod and Zweilous
with Metagross and Lucario
with Sableye and Jynx
with Glaceon and a!Ninetales
with Frosmoth and Crobat
with Lapras and Sealeo
with Dreadnaw and Sliggoo
with Aggron and Lycanroc (midnight)

SCORING

All contestants who post an appeal will progress to round two.

Contestants will be awarded appeal points for fulfilling the contest's central objective (showing your mastery of the cave biome), as well as for appealing to the judges' personal tastes and preferences.

Contestants who have scored enough points by the end of round two will progress to the third and final round.

JUDGES

A judges table sat on a patch of almost even ground, at the edge of a large open cavern. The ground was a patchwork of stalagmites, frost, and rocky dips, and the sounds of dripping and running water leaked from the adjoining tunnels. 
    At the table sat the three judges: the redheaded giant  , the esteemed doctor and winner of the previous contest  and the Gym Leader for Lilycove 

"Well, as the Sneasel said to the Togepi: let's get cracking!" Zac boomed. His voice echoing off the roof of the cave, disappearing around the corners and and down the dead ends. "I'm , and I want to see the unique aspect of each Pokemon really shine. Show me what only they can do. We're not just here for the ice crystals and gorgeous rock formations, you know! So make sure to use the biome as much as possible. I want to see some creativity!"

" was the Gym Leader for Lilycove, and as the awarder of the Mystery Badge it goes without saying that she likes a hint of the surprising, a dash of the unknown, and an unknown quantity of pure mystery!" Selena flashed a slight nudge of approval from her lips. "If you want to earn the favor of the mistress of Vantage you should aim to include a soupçon of je ne sais quoi into your appeal." Selena took the microphone from Zac, "It's been so long since I've been in a public gathering like this. A lot has changed since then. I hope you've missed me, Hoenn."

"Dr. , the recently crowned Queen of the Jungle, wears many hats: Head Professor, Doctor, and Major in the Hoenn Army. Nothing tickles her fancy like good, old fashioned, teamwork," Eva threw two thumbs up for emphasis, "With both a medical and military background, she recognizes the importance of supportive and defense moves. Taking the offensive is often not necessary!"
    "Or appropriate!" Eva chimed in, "In her spare time she is a thorough thrill seeker and adrenaline junkie. High risk for high reward! Her hobbies include cliff jumping, drag racing, free diving, and whiskey tasting."
    "Thanks Zac!" she said, rising from her seat to give him a firm pat on the back. She turned to the participants, "I look forward to being stunned by your talent!" she said, before settling back into her seat.

The judges' preferences are shown in white. Including those elements in your appeal may earn you bonus appeal points.

POSTING

The goal for the 1st round is to introduce both of your Pokemon. Please explain in character why your picked those Pokemon for the cave biome. Show how they are suited to life in the caves, and showcase their unique skills and traits.

You can appeal in any way you want: Combat display, rock climbing, ice skating, performing a choral arrangement using the cave's natural acoustics, carving a statue of one of the judges, whatever best introduces your Pokemon!
     Moves are useful in showcasing your Pokemon, but are not mandatory for this round. Please take creative liberties with your surroundings, and feel free to include descriptions or reference images. Here are some ideas for what your appeal area might look like.

The 1st round will end Tuesday April 6th at Midnight Tokyo Time.

Any contestants who have not posted an appeal by then will not progress. If all appeals have been made before then, the judges may post early.

You do not need to roll for this round.

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 21:46:58 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
introductions were dumb. if he had his way everyone would already know his name and what he was doing here. but that wasn't the point now was it? the point right now was to make a good entrance into this whole shebang and that's exactly what he was going to do. he was good at entrances at least. that's why he was sitting on the ground right now. looking a little demure in his outfit. he didn't know what people who walked around in caves wore but he figured that he couldn't go wrong with a cute little indiana jones sort of outfit.

after all he was cute and if he was going to make waves he needed to play on that. short shorts instead of those ugly pants and boots that really didn't belong in a cave and yet he had no problem navigating in them. he guessed really that if it wasn't for the hate he would look like a tomb raider or whatever the hell that girl in the blue tank top looked like. but before he could ruminate on that further he figured it was time to get this show on the road. "my name is glitch maverick and-" the ground underneath him began to rumble as he paused on his introduction, erupting in a show of rocks and dirt being flung into the air as he was raised into the air on top of the golisopod that dug itself out from the earth.

"this is bug-juice and twizzler." he indicated with his hand towards a two headed creature coming out of the shadows with no problem. after all both of these pokemon were born and raised in caves. made for dank and dark and disgusting places like this. but as long as there was a prize on the line he would play nice with having to hang out here. "and after all, who knows caves better than a bug and a dragon from the deepest parts of them?" raising his hand he signaled to twizzler with a snap. the zweilous proceeded to scream loudly with its hyper voice, causing the shimmering stalagmites around them to fall. and just when you thought that some damage might be caused or someone might have been hurt, bug-juice moved quickly to shatter them with his claws. causing a shimmering dust to fall around the trio.

"i hope you enjoy the show."
even if he had no idea what he was doing or what was going on he would absolutely be confident in whatever he was doing. faking it was the first step to winning after all.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 2:31:04 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

the ground underneath the judges rumbled. cracks appeared underneath them as a mound of dirt traveled under them, lifting their seats up ever so gently as the trail suddenly circled around the open cavern before out from the ground popped out an aggron as it roared its arrival to the crowd. along its back a ball rolled up towards it head and launched off of it, revealing itself to be a sphere of white fur that struck a superhero landing and soon the crowd could see that it was the sinister form of a midnight born lycanroc that came along with the aggron. as it let out a howl the aggron walked up behind it and grabbed its arm that it raised to meet it and swung the pokemon over onto its head where the dog pokemon's tail wagged furiously with glee with the large steel beast starting to wag its tail as well.

from the hole in the ground came a laugh that quickly turned into a wail of surprise as the sound of rocks rumbling came from the hole before kazimir himself emerged covered in dirt and grime. "and introducing-!" he coughed in the middle of his introduction, "two powerhouses of the earth! deva the aggron, a total monster that knows how to dig his way through just about anything, heck one could say that he's a master at building caves all on his own! next is shaddles the lycanroc, a pooch with a penchanct for making his home in rocky depths and with his nose knows how to hunt efficiently within them.

with that he did a twirl around his massive beasts and gave himself a thumbs up, "and i'm kazimir, resident secret base maker who has a few hidden around hoenn's cave networks. heck i might even have one right here in this very cavern, but that's for me to know and for ya'll to find out~"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 13:45:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Captain Dross wasn't fashionably late. First because she was technically already inside the cave. And second because in order to be fashionably late you had to, well, be fashionable. And, to put it kindly, Skyler wouldn't recognize fashion if it hit her in the face. With a bat. Repeatedly.

The crack of rapidly growing ice echoed from one of the entrances to the chamber in which the judges sat, quickly followed by the actual ice, building itself over the already frigid ground and spreading outward in spiraling patterns of ice crystals. 

A sudden displacement of air preluded the arrival of a certain ship captain, though that wasn't nearly as memorable as the Lapras that suddenly hurtled into the chamber at breakneck speed, momentum sending it into a short flight that would have looked glorious in slow motion. Alas, the pokemon couldn't stay aloft forever, and gravity had it skidding over the newly formed ice like its only dream in life was to become a sports car. 

As it finally skidded to a stop, it did so with a small flourish, looking entirely too pleased with itself.

"Terribly sorry for the lateness." Skyler hopped down from her perch atop the Lapras, patting its neck affectionately and removing the goggles from her eyes. As she'd been cautioned, she had dressed for the chilly temperatures of Shoal Cave. Knee-high boots gave way to well-fitting pants bedecked with all sorts of pockets and leather straps. A fur-lined captain's coat settled over her shoulders, open to showcase... a crop top and an exposed midriff.

She made sure to shamelessly flex her abs at the sight of and , the roguish curl of her lips widening into something wholly troublesome.

"Ship captain Skyler Dross at your service. This here is Oceanide," she motioned to the Lapras, "three times champion of Extreme Lapras Ice Sliding." As far as Skyler was aware there was no such thing as Extreme Lapras Ice Sliding, which kind of made her an expert on the matter. "And connoisseur of Shoal Cave. We've been here once or twice." More than that, actually. 

"And this." While Oceanide had stolen the show, now another pokémon slid from its back and onto the floor, rolling lazily before it faced the judges. "Is Frank." Doe-like black eyes blinked blearily as his distinguished white mustache shook slightly. 

'Phhaarrbghhloorb!' He said. 'Glorbphttaah.' 

Skyler had never found out whether Sealeo were supposed to sound like that or if Frank was just special. Either way, a brilliant grin stole over her expression as she faced the judges. "He's a charmer. Obviously." 

@ biome challenge: cave
art credit

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 2:16:06 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
“Well, well, well. If it isn’t another Biome Contest, hosted by another three judgés.”

The voice came from across the cavern, where a barefoot girl had just stepped off of a rock and onto the surface of the water. Her feet glowed with psychic energy, leaving barely a ripple with each step as she crossed the inky pool. Her eyes gleamed hungrily— literally, since she hadn’t eaten breakfast— and were fixed on .

“You questioned my motives, didn’t you? Well, I can answer that question. It’s childishly simple.” She took the last step off the edge of the water, still facing the three judges. “We’re here to show you something you’ve never seen before.”

Behind her, the pink glow of Psychic remained as a trail of glowing footprints on the unbroken surface of the still pool. The glow brightened, refracting from ice crystals in the cave as the top of a blonde head broke the surface of the water. A humanoid silhouette rose from the depths, locks of waterlogged yellow hair curling and unfurling from the Jynx’s dripping face. It wreathed her head as she floated across the surface of the pond much as Chryssa had done, coming up to stand beside the girl on shore.

“I don’t usually speak during my performances, Zac Ramsay, but since you insist, let me tell you all about all the many hidden parts of Jynx.” The humanoid Pokemon raised both hands to wiggle her dextrous fingers at the judges. “Oona, show them… the secret beneath your dress.

The hem of Oona’s dress glowed pink and then lifted as if drawn by invisible hands, rippling higher and higher to reveal—!

“Eerily similar to human feet, aren’t they? One could almost say… identical,” Chryssa said, tone dripping with sinister implication. “But that’s not all. Today, I’m going to show you something unprecedented. Something different. Something you never expected, and never knew you wanted to see.” The girl was gloating now, eyes shining, side-by-side with the unforgettable image of Jynx’s dress gliding higher and higher above her purple-skinned ankles. “You and your compatriots will regret taking me lightly, Zac Ramsay. I wonder if Jynx wears underwear? You’ll see for yourself in three... two... one...”

The dress flew up suddenly, revealing two more arms and a mass of claws and purple fingers unfurling in a second set of impossibly thin, spidery limbs. They shot out like snakes suddenly released from a bag, the Jynx’s hidden feet and hands splattering the cave floor as if the dress had been the only thing binding her true, grotesque form. “Aiiieeeee—!” Chryssa screamed theatrically, clutching her face. “No—! It’s too much! I never knew— never thought—”

The Sableye, which had been concealed under Oona’s dress this whole time, got to his feet and made a feeble wave at the judges. Chryssa recovered instantly from her transparent acting. “Oh, she was just giving birth. Baby Smoochum have purple skin when they’re born just like their mothers, did you know that? Say hello, Zuill.”

Instead of saying hello, the half-drowned, half-suffocated ghost Pokemon turned both his hands into claw-shaped, incorporeal shadows and buried them in the cave floor. He rooted around for a moment, then withdrew a double-handful of uncut gemstones, which fell like a chorus of raindrops to the stone. He immediately stuffed both handfuls into his wide, froglike mouth, swallowing them and crunching like breakfast cereal. “Don’t mind his manners, please, he’s actually very resourceful.”

His faceted eyes seemed to catch light, and the stones he’d just swallowed appeared on his back, decorating his spine in faceted gems. A moment later they disappeared again as he re-absorbed their energy to Recover.

“Sableye are quite adept at finding mineral deposits in caves like this— some of them are quite valuable,” Chryssa said cunningly, ignoring the fact she’d just said it was a baby Jynx, “It’s not a bribe, but here’s a bribe. For each of my sweet, sweet friends at the judges’ table—a ruby!”

Zuill scuttled forward and leapt onto the judges’ table. Swaying on his spindly legs, he crept forward on all fours, offering one uncut gemstone to each judge with his best, sharp-toothed smile.

It could have ended there, but during the polite, uncomfortable applause Chryssa’s innocent tones rang out one last time. “Oh, but we can’t forget Oona! She has something to give you three too!” She snapped her fingers.

Sableye used Ally Swap, and in an instant the small purple gremlin squatting on the table was replaced by the bulbous, humanous purple feet of a full-sized Jynx. Still dripping water from her hair, the psychic-type squatted down with her lips pursed, intent to plant a plump, luscious Lovely Kiss on all three judges in appreciation.

Jynx used Psychic
Sableye used Shadow Claw
Sableye used Recover
Sableye used Ally Swap
Jynx used Lovely Kiss
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 19:10:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a gust of ice and snow mark the entrance of the next participant. the judges experienced a snow warning just before frost entirely covers the majority of the visuals for the stage.

a silhouette of a trainer-pokemon pair emerges from the curtain of sleet, which started thinning out closer to the judges. a ninetales accompanies the champion, all nine of its tails standing tall and pretty in display as it presents the sheen of its coat to them.

kyle shudders with the entirety of the show, even after bringing almost appropriate clothing. he wore thick coat with fur trimmings, with his hands hidden in its pockets, though it's partnered with cargo shorts and sneakers.

"this is kyle lopez and i'm here with-"

the ninetales releases a warcry alongside it making itself its own platform made out of pure ice with sheer cold. a snowstorm intensifies briefly, though it returns to its previous, tamer state soon afterwards.

"ephraim the ninetales: number one target of every trainer and coordinator who goes hunting in the shoal cave."

he takes out his hands from his pockets, revealing that he doesn't have gloves to help him with the cold, and snaps his finger.

"another rarity in the depths of the shoal cave is the ice rock, a certain phenomenon that brings forth this pokemon."

the ninetales steps down its pedestal as it hears its cue, taking his place beside kyle. the pokemon that takes its place comes from the curtain of snow, it's figure being difficult to pinpoint with its snow cloak until the ninetales disables its snow warning.

like a ghost emerging out of thin air, the glaceon hops into the previous block of ice, raising its chin up with pride.

"glace... the glaceon!" kyle introduces. he doesn't have a nickname for it, but everyone else introduced their pokemon with one, so he figured he'd just make one up on the fly.

@tags
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,802 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 23:29:01 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The next contestant would step forward without fanfare. He had many tricks up his sleeve for this contest, but he felt no need to showcase his hand before it was relevant. His face was marked with a dire expression, as if he were taking this challenge very seriously--which he was. Oscar had participated in one contest before, his run ending within the first round with disastrous results. The stakes were low then, but now they couldn't be higher.

Have you seen the biome badge? Like really looked at it? That thing was badass. Oscar saw it in a promotional poster for the last Biome Contest, and regretted immensely not being able to take part. He needed to display this volcano looking wonder of craftsmanship, it would be a sin for it not to be his! 

To compliment his newfound passion for coordinating, Oscar had decided to take on a bit of a dramatic persona. All competitions needed a heel of sorts, someone for the audience to love to hate. It wasn't simply for entertainment though; heavens forbid he should lose, but if he leaves a meaningful impact perhaps it'll be easier on subsequent attempts. 

Although it could also just make his efforts more fun.

As Oscar took the spotlight, decked out in his finest formal ensemble, he would extend his arms out palms up. His hands raised slowly, gloved fingers tensing as they came together. When equal with his head, his fingers would snap. Two winds blew from the cave's ceiling: one chilling yet comforting, and the other harsh and vicious. Two pokemon descended from the ceiling, polar opposites in personality and presence. One was a dazzling Frosmoth, as delicate and graceful as a winter breeze. The other was a menacing crobat, its eyes raging with bloodlust. After twirling around each other, the two would separate and float above Oscar's raised hands.

"Ladies and gentleman of the judging table, allow me to introduce ourselves." His tone was confident, perhaps even a tad smug. "My name is Oscar Clayton, and my companions are known as Writhe--" The frosmoth spun in place, releasing a flurry of snowy scales. "--And Nostra." The crobat also spun, the tips of his wings leaving behind a poisonous trail. Oscar put his hands down, cueing his performers to land at his feet. "Today I hope to display the two sides of this unique and treacherous environment. You shall behold both the beauty of its most dazzling survivalist and its most horrific apex predator. Both are bred to survive in the cold darkness of caves, but the question remains: Who will survive the fittest?

Oscar flourished, and his performers gave opposing poses--a hint of the routine to come.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 7:43:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

So this was redemption time.

The previous attempt had him entering with a Pokémon that wasn’t his ‘ace in the hole’, however this time it was—he had to stop for a few moments to quell the snort that was threatening to exit him.

Chuckling softly, he knew that this time, it was definitely “go time” since this variation involved his two best companions.

“Alright, so listen up…”

After the previous person had done their entrance, Lars had to stop himself from snorting so loud—why did he know that was going to come in, all crashing, on the ‘Lapras ice slide’? Shaking his head to quell the mirth that was threatening to explode out of him, he waited for his turn.

Much tempted as he was to emerge literally topless in the frigid weather, he decided not to. For one thing that would be flexing; for another he didn’t want to sell out his secret so quickly!

So this involved some planning… actually a LOT of planning between Ro and Alpha.

The first sign that they were coming was the fact that there was a sudden blast of cold air from the depths of the cave. No, Lars wasn’t exploiting his connection to the deity he served, he was allowing his Aurorus to basically go bananas, having her use several applications of Mist as well as building up the introduction with a layer or two of Hail followed up by a last-second Blizzard.

A sudden blast of white haze erupted from one of the cavern’s tunnels thanks to the thick outpouring of Mist and Hail, before a sudden blast of cold wind and air chilled the area thanks to the frigid chill of Blizzard. The white ‘shroud’ grew thicker, obscuring whatever was coming out from the other side of it.

Slowly, a weird, hulking mass of shadow approached. While it may have looked grotesque to some, the ‘shroud’ eventually yielded an orb shooting out of its depths, before it landed on the ground and exploded in a bright flash of light.

As the bright light faded, it revealed the shining, burnished silver Metagross with the Lucario perfectly balanced on top, still holding the pose from where he’d fired the Aura Sphere to announce their entrance. Eventually, the Metagross anchored its legs and allowed the Lucario to somersault off its back.

Not too long after the Lucario landed on his own two feet, another shadow appeared through the thick white shroud—it was eventually revealed to be Lars himself, clothed in his usual overcoat and blue-and-white striped scarf. The dress code was ‘dress warmly’, after all.

“Meet two of my best companions. Ro, and Alpha,” he began as he introduced the Metagross and the Lucario. “One never without the other. They work together as a team, they trust each other to know what the other’s thinking. Years of companionship and comradery have given them the bond they share with me.”

More of the shrouding Mist began to curl around their feet, threatening to swallow them. It was just his Aurorus getting creative with the combination, out of sight of the others.

“Regardless of weather or location, regardless of whatever challenge they go up against, they work together to overcome whatever gets thrown their way. No frigid or torrid weather can stop them, should you allow them to showcase their talents.”

With that, he took a bow.

@tag
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 3:26:54 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - CAVE

ROUND 1 - JUDGING

JUDGING

"Great first round everyone! Everyone who participated is going through to Round 2. I saw a lot of creativity out there, some may say too much creativity from some."

"It's time for individual feedback. Please take it to heart and strive to do even better in the next two rounds!"

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC (2): Great work! I got a real feeling of the differences between your two Pokemon. I would have loved to hear more of your thoughts though. I feel like a lot was left unsaid as to what makes them truly unique.

SELENA (2): I like how you utilized the terrain as your main element especially with how your Pokemon showcased their abilities. I also appreciate Bug-Juice protecting us from the falling rocks that turned to dust—it was beautiful! I'm just thankful it didn't reach our eyes.

EVA (3): Nice ta meetya, Glitch, Bug-Juice, and Twizler! I love how you worked together to create a beautiful display using both the pokemon’s and the cave’s natural biome! Nice work!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC (2): You told us a lot about your Pokemon, so you clearly know what makes them unique. But I didn't see a lot of it. Where was the hunting?

SELENA (2): It was similar to the previous contestant's attempt at introductions but it was surprising how one decides to include himself in the ground. Please keep surprising me, Kazimir Wynter. 

EVA (3): Wow! Ya really got my heart goin with that one! What an entrance! Really showed what your Aggron could do.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC (2): Fantastic biome usage! Loved the creative usage of ice. However, your explanation didn't do your Pokemon justice. You showed your mastery of the biome, but you didn't tell us what makes your Pokemon unique! Also, I'd love to have seen more of Frank.

SELENA (3): It's not because I love Skyler that I give her a perfect score, but I love how unique her approach is especially when it gives off that eerie feeling from the start then proceeds to give us a very entertaining introduction. I have to agree, though, that Frank has indeed charmed me.

EVA (2): EXTREME LAPRAS ICE SLIDING?! That sounds like a blast! Gimme a call next time *Eva winks* Had to dock one point though, I would have loved to see more of what Frank could do though.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC (3): I am shocked, a little disgusted, and thoroughly impressed by your performance. Your biome usage was great Chryssa, now please call off your Jynx.

SELENA (3): I must say Miss Glasgow here has never failed to make an impression. For good or for bad—I guess it doesn't really matter considering she already knows what she wants to do. I just never thought that jynx's feet is the card you have on your hands.

EVA (2): Eva leans back so far, she falls right out of her chair Um . . . Thank you Chryssa . . . and pokemon . . . Um . . . That was . . . creative . . . And uh . . . Disturbing?
Eva feels physically and emotionally violated

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC (3): Loved the interaction between abilities, and your fine control over ice and snow. You talked a lot about their unique points too, which I enjoyed. If I had one criticism it would be that I wanted to hear more about Ninetales, but overall a great performance.

SELENA (2): I thought it was just the same as 's but it was different. I love how you introduced yourself and your partners like the spirits of winter that they are, delivered by a strong gale of icy wind but with a more mundane approach.

EVA (2): Wow! What a beautiful display! Absolutely stunning! Lacked the ‘umph’ that really gets my adrenaline pumping but the visual and teamwork was on point.
thumbs up

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC (2): A very strong appeal Oscar, but be wary of leaning too far into showmanship and forgetting your biome usage. I love the pair, and the comparison did a lot to show their unique aspects, but again, I was missing that solid biome usage.

SELENA (2): You said your name is Oscar... Clayton, correct? Hmm, I like your take on this contest's theme and how you present your partners to this competition. I just think it's almost the same as the previous contestant's. Nevertheless, it's really good! I'll be watching you.

EVA (2): Love the concept of the opposing personalities of the Biome! But . . . you didn’t really USE the Biome. I’m eager to see what you have up your sleeve for the second round!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC (1): You are not here to show that your Pokemon are strong, or are good all-rounders, Lars. You are here to show their mastery over the cave biome. Being able to survive is not the same as mastery. Show how your Pokemon use the biome to their advantage. Also, I didn't hear anything about what makes them unique, just what makes them strong. 

SELENA (2): Is it considered cheating with his Aurorus helping? (She said, jokingly) Well, for one, this technique doesn't get old and I still love it. I love how you still managed to make it your own despite the other contestants having done the same thing. I am expecting a lot more from you in the next round.

EVA (2): Beautiful entrance! The Aura Sphere was exciting! I would have loved to see their teamwork extraordinaire in action! Not quite the Biome usage I was looking for. I look forward to seeing them work together in the next round!

ROUND 2 - CAVERN CONFLICT

It's one thing to present a fantastic appeal when you have the whole stage to yourself, but how do you fare when there is competition? The goal for the 2nd round is to prove your Pokemon's superiority in this biome.

Like a swarm of Zubat, you will all be presenting at the same time, trying to outperform one another during free-for-all combat. You can fight with both of your Pokemon at once, or one at a time, and you can switch whenever suitable. 

Posting alone doesn't earn you appeal points this round. Points will be awarded for outperforming the others by using a Pokemon move and then rolling at the end of your post.

When you post, attack the person before you using your Pokemon! Show the judges why your Pokemon is the best suited to the rugged life of the cave, and make sure to use the biome itself as part of your attack.

DETAILS

• Your appeal points from the first round carry over.
  • All contestants with 10 or more appeal points at the end of this round will proceed to the final round.
  • Roll with your post.
  • Rolling higher than the person before you awards 1 appeal point, but rolling lower will award them 1 point instead.
  • Ties will award 0 points.
  • The first and last posts this round get 1 point automatically, as they are performing uncontested.
  • You can post multiple times, but do not double post.
  • Judges will also be competing! Outperforming a judge awards 2 appeal points.
  • Please use at least one move in each post.
  • You can use both of your Pokemon at once, or one at a time, and can switch whenever suitable. 

The 2nd round will close on Wednesday April 14th at 6pm Tokyo time.

All contestants with 10 appeal points by the end of this round proceed to the final round.

At the end of this round, the judges may award bonus points for excellent biome usage. The judges will also each award a special boon to their favored contestant. These boons will provide a mechanical advantage for the final round.

Please use the roll command for every post this round.

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 3:42:54 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he would never be able to remove that disgusting imagery from his mind on what he had just witnessed. he thought this badge was supposed to be about taking over a biome and not... whatever the hell that jinx had just done. but he didn't have time to worry about that right now. what he needed to focus on was pulling ahead of the other competitors and making sure that he wasn't about to be left in the dust. moving faster than them would mean that he could get a leg up, that he could make sure that he stayed in this competition until the very end. of course that also meant that going on the defensive first would probably be the best bet. as much as he hated that. or at least that would be what it looked like.

"let's show them how a winner does this, let's go bug-juice, let's go twizzler." he didn't have to tell them twice as both of his pokemon were fired up from the experience of getting mostly a good review. it was better than some people's at least. once again they were going to use the cave to their advantage and what some of the other contestants brought with them as well. all of that fucking ice. it was still using the biome if this place was cold enough to support all of that ice, right? glitch snapped his fingers and bug-juice punched into one of the massive accumulations of ice, sending it with a shockwave into the air.

twizzler then used hyper voice to blast the ice towards the other contestants in front of the trio to hope that the ice and sound would cause enough chaos and confusion that no one would notice bug-juice prepping a sucker punch for the first person who got close to them. they might not have a type advantage in this fight but that didn't mean they weren't going to try and kick someone's ass regardless.

UcBp5xz4

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 10:06:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
if they wanted extra oomph, kyle can give them the extra oomph they wanted-- with extra mundane on the side.

"it's game time, boys."

kyle raises his hand up, his thumb and his middle finger rubbing together. the flurry of snow that subsided after their appeal round comes back again in tune with a snap of kyle's finger. the ninetales releases a soulful cry as it covers the entire vicinity with slush and hail when the snow warning happens once more.

an aurora veil gets set up immediately, having picked up the habit of starting battles with it. a barrier of ice that shine in the same hue as the northern lights make up the preemptive defenses for the duo of pokemon. the hyper voice gets filtered out from it, allowing them to be relatively unfazed for a counter attack.

the glaceon hides in the flurry with its snow cloak, giving an illusion of only having to face a single pokemon as long as the weather persists.

situated behind the ninetales, it supports its teammate with a blizzard coming from behind them. snow and frost come en masse in an attempt to drown out the competition from the sheer volume of the attack. it doesn't help that hail just feeds the power behind it.

yhYKYZfE

@tags

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 15:53:46 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Chryssa Glasgow, Hero of Hoenn, glowed with the adoring praise of her many fans and took the opportunity while Zac explained the next round to... put her shoes back on. Her toes were cold, but she thought the contrast between her (human) feet and Jynx’s (human) feet had been necessary to prove her point— that the judges, and contestants, should tread carefully.

She tilted her head upwards as she tugged on her second boot, studying the ceiling of the tunnel. “There’s Woobats up there,” she said, oozing sinister intentions. “One... two... maybe even ten. How very... apropos.

This turned out to mean absolutely nothing when the round kicked off and she seemed to forget about them entirely. “Up you go, Zuill,” she said, gathering up her Sableye in both hands and flinging him towards the ceiling like an amateur cook making spaghetti. Zuill flew up, startling the swarm of Woobats into taking wing, and passed right through the ceiling and into the stone.

He did not return.

“All good things in time. And the best thing is yet to come.” Chryssa’s eyes narrowed cunningly, and she opened an umbrella to shield herself against the sudden blizzard blowing through the cave. Her voice came, muffled, from behind it. “That thing being... Jynx’s feet! Again! Observe, or weep in despair!”

Oona (who was sitting on a rock next to her) peeled back her dress again to reveal her feet, which were as bulbous and purple and humanous (a word Chryssa had coined) as usual. But something different was happening— as the Blizzard picked up, something shimmered along the bottom, almost like stink-waves being released from a high schooler’s smelly socks. As Oona raised them higher, exposing them both to the icy pedicure that lanced from toe to heel like frozen lightning, that thing solidified.

Twin blades of ice now ran along the soles of Oona’s feet, gleaming wickedly in the aurora-colored light.

“You fools,” Chryssa whispered menacingly behind her umbrella, “You’ve fallen right into my trap. Skate for it, Oona!

The Jynx was in motion like a professional speed skater, kicking off her rock and onto the now-frozen water with a shiiing like a sword being drawn from its sheath. Pumping her muscular arms for extra momentum, she slashed across the pool and towards the source of the storm— which appeared to be Kyle’s Ninetales.

As she fought against the bitter winds, her blonde hair came to life and wrapped around her face to shield it like a living ski mask, perfectly equipped to protect her sensitive lips and skin from the frigid wind and subarctic conditions.

Performing a pirouette that evaded the nearby Golisopod’s Sucker Punch, Oona’s dress flared out beautifully from her legs like the scene from The Hunger Games where Delkatniss is spinning on stage, except instead of lighting on fire or revealing her to be a symbol of national rebellion, she just kicked out with the deadly blades of ice attached to her feet. Not just once, but thrrrice!

Triple. Axel. 

Three ice-augmented roundhouse kicks and three close-up, personalized encounters with Jynx’s feet. Chryssa hoped everyone was feeling appropriately grateful.

cg3cLtBh

SABLEYE WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK
JYNX USED TRIPLE AXEL
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 17:12:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He knew he was going in with a larger disadvantage this time, but that was the point—he wanted to challenge himself and see how much he could get out of this.

“Go time,” he said quietly, so quiet that only Ro and Alpha heard him. “Watch out for that Jynx,” he added.

Much tempted as he was to bust out the derring-do, he… well, he needed a little urging. So not yet.

The Lucario then somersaulted back atop the Metagross’s head, just in time to see the Jynx was headed their way (or at least it looked to be that way)—oh, boy. Holy shit, after what the two had seen when they made their entrance? Nope, nope, nope!

The Lucario knew that it was either get the hell out of the way or try to knock the other off-balance, so the moment the Jynx came careening close enough, he triggered his Counter measure; by taking the first Triple Axel strike, he was almost unseated—but a few moments later he pushed his paws out in a sweeping motion; hopefully to steer the still-kicking Jynx towards someone else!

“Nice save, Alpha,” Lars remarked. He didn’t need to order the two around; Ro and Alpha knew each other like the back of their hands. “Coordinate as best as you can, okay?!” he added, quickly giving this unapologetic look after the incoming Jynx had been knocked away because of the Lucario’s measure.

“Sorry—maybe not sorry about that,” he added with a hint of a smirk on his face as the Metagross then lifted off, releasing a blanket of Telekinetic energy to divert any incoming attacks as best as they could manage.

“En garde, Ro.”

rdkD4WTe

Lucario used Counter!
Metagross used Telekinesis!

@tag

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 1:59:18 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Ululating her battle cry, Oona spun as she leapt, feeling one foot connect with a satisfying shiiing!

—and then bounced back like she’d hit a rubber ball, all the power of her impact traveling through and rebounding throughout her voluptuous body. With a high-pitched trill of shock, the psychic-type was thrown high into the air from the Counter, still rotating slightly as if this was yet another of her figure skating tricks.

Through the transparent (and snow-covered) plastic of her umbrella, Chryssa eyed appraisingly. Aha. Impressive, Mr. Anderson,” she said snidely behind her hand, “But your efforts won’t win you any favor in this cave. Here, those who know how to use their surroundings will claim the ultimate victory.” Countering her Jynx’s beautiful ice skating maneuver showed Lucario’s power— but it was also an opportunity to show Oona’s versatility in this environment.

One could say Chryssa had a plan.

Snapping her umbrella closed (it was less effective against Telekinesis than against a blowing blizzard) the girl pointed again at the ceiling of the cavern, where the few Woobats she’d startled had returned to their slippery perches. “You haven’t noticed them, have you? They nest here, you know. It’s quite remarkable,” she said out loud, gesturing around the walls. In the faint light of Kyle’s aurora, tiny heart-shaped marks were visible, imprinted on the stone in an overlapping pattern where generations of the little creatures had nested. “Unlike Jynx, they have no feet, so they can’t grip the cracks in the rock like Zubat can.” Her hair whipped around her, adding to the air of dramatic triumph.

“Heart Stamp, Oona.”

Soaring through the air, the low ceiling of the tunnel rushed up to meet Jynx and she pursed her lips, hair unwinding from her face just in time for her to suck in air, forming a perfect heart shape—

There was a loud, squelching sound that echoed and resonated throughout the cave like the world’s biggest Kiss From Auntie.

MWAH!

She stuck to the ceiling.

The result was an opponent suddenly above them, affixed like a red-and-purple chandelier from the top of the cavern. Exactly as Woobat did in the wild, the Jynx swayed and dangled from above as if attached by a living suction cup, providing everyone below with a spectacular view of her mysterious UnderDress™.

“Ohohohoho!” Chryssa laughed, radiating infinite glee. “Icicle Speár!”

Her feet dangling above, Oona kicked off the ice skates she’d formed, sending twin shards of ice speeding down in divine wrath towards the unsuspecting Pokemon below.

MWS9NsJk

JYNX USED HEART STAMP!
JYNX USED ICICLE SPEAR!
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,802 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 18:46:01 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
When the Battle Royale began, Oscar sneered. He kept his cards close to his chest on purpose, and now it was time to show them. As attacks began to flurry, Nostra released a dark Haze around himself and his companions. Oscar backed out of the Haze to be away from the action, while Nostra and Writhe used it as cover to take up new positions. 

Writhe was more open, she had no fear of Hail or Blizzards. Her Ice typing made living in cold caves like this a trifle, and she would use this advantage to dominate the competition. She attached herself to the high end of a wall, flipping her wings gently as she nibbled on the ice. Abruptly her wings snapped with great force, creating a horrific sound that echoed harshly across the cave. What was a simple Bug Buzz became a cacophony of horror that caused the walls and ceilings to vibrate. It wasn't enough force to damage the cave, but here one could see one of Frosmoth's many survival tactics. By using the walls to echo her Bug Buzz, she aimed to confuse and disorientate her fellow opponents. Just in time for Nostra to make his move.

For all her boasting about paying attention to her surroundings, would find her Jynx to be a victim of the same tactic. Like its previous evolutions, Nostra advanced upon his prey by clinging to the ceiling. He used his wing appendages to crawl from stalactite to stalactite, carefully making his way toward the hanging Jynx. When she was in range, Nostra let go. He gave a vicious flap of his wings, sending a razor sharp air current toward the puckered monstrosity (Air Cutter). Yet she was not the only target of this attack. 

The air current dislodged every stalactite in its path, hurdling them toward the other contestants below. With rocks falling upon the arena and Writhe's echoing screeches, this battle would surely become hectic indeed.

GdWS6Ocj