awards
1,808 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - CAVE [BC]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:07:25 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The once chilled atmosphere of the cave became very suddenly warm. Oscar grimaced, not expecting the sudden change in temperature. He supposed it was for the best, after all Skyler almost fucking drowned--which was totally not nearly Writhe's fault at all. Oscar reluctantly removed his blazer, rolling his sleeves before draping the coat over his shoulder. If he had known that there would be a sauna portion of this contest he would have dressed lighter.

Meanwhile, Writhe and Nostra were suddenly active once more as the break was called. Nostra's wing had healed enough for him to fly properly, so he sprang off his perch and grabbed onto the stalactites hanging over the heated water. The steam rose to him, giving his cold bones a much needed relief. He freely hung upside down, closing his eyes as he warmed his body. 

Writhe would have a bit more trouble adjusting. She was an ice type, so heat wasn't her favorite sensation. However if a break was to be had, she should take the chance to stretch her wings. She popped out of her tunnel, fluttering away from the steam. With every push of her wings, the tiniest bit of Icy Wind surrounded her, keeping her body at a safely low temperature without harming anyone else. She got her exorcise in now, as there was no telling when the battle would begin once more.

vDC7U2AG
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:11:28 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

a lot happened.

first was the fact that he almost drowned because of skyler even if it was his own fault for that, next was almost being frozen as the blizzard overtook the caves. finally was the heatwave that dried everything up and turned this place into a sauna which while relaxing drenched kazimir in a mixture of sweat and melted ice.

so off came the heavy shirt as well as he climbed to his feet and caught his lycanroc ROCK POLISHING itself against some more rocks to make its wet fur nice and shiny. oh how he would give to be that carefree, but he had a contest to win. "DEVA! WHERE EVER YA ARE! CRACK AND ATTACK!" he called otu with a snap of his fingers.

from within an icy castle the aggron burst forth with its IRON HEAD making quick work of its protective home and started to charge around the caverns, busting through any stalagtites and debris in its path. its objective? to smash. its target? on a crash course with and his metagross.

FnY5K5vO

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:24:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was maybe a good thing that the Lucario had returned to where Lars was, because holy shit the chaos was starting to pick up again.

While Alpha was busy picking out some stray projectiles from the earlier Pin Missile barrage, the loud crashing and thundering noises of rock splintering apart and being pulverized gave Ro all of a few seconds notice to look up in alarm in time to see an Aggron headed their way!

Releasing the equivalent of “white noise” in the Lucario’s direction, the Metagross then folded his legs in and quickly rose skyward with another Magnet Rise.

Thankfully, all the loose articles of clothing that Lars had taken off didn’t fall. He was surprised by the sudden scenery change though—and he looked down—

Right in time to see the Lucario brace himself because that Aggron was coming in fast and appeared to land a fatal blow!

Crossing his arms, the Lucario was forced back a few steps—and Lars was just about to scream as a dust cloud kicked itself up from the point of impact.

A loud, clanging noise reverberated through the air—

Before the Lucario threw his arms out in a spreading motion; having taken the blow and reversed the power back double with a last-minute Counter maneuver!

“Alpha! Back!” he shouted from his vantage point, hanging onto Ro’s head.

Once the Lucario had attempted to shove the Aggron backwards, he then rocketed off with another Extreme Speed, to another safety point.

SkdLwlX0

trying to take down a guy who just got back from trying to stop a nosebleed? Wowe

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 2:14:00 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

The barrage of items chased Lucario like a kart-seeking red shell, hounding the blue jackal with single-minded intent. Pens and papers fluttered behind in the fighting-type's wake, flashing glimpses of appeal hearts and preliminary scores that settled in the water like leaf debris.

Leaving the umbrella and other junk items behind, Zuill forced the three stones into a spinning triangle and sent them hurtling after Lucario, depending on the momentum of their combined weight to counteract its ExtremeSpeed.

He'd run into the Hard Stone after he'd popped up through the ceiling of the passage, finding one of the many small "air" tubes through the rock that were signature to this area. Like most of the island of Hoenn, Shoal Cave was volcanic in nature, meaning it was filled with bubbles where gases had been trapped in the cooling stone. Since then, erosion and surface activity had permeated these bubbles, allowing native fauna to burrow in and make their nests here.

Zuill had phased between them, picking up a Nugget that had been collected by some scavenger with an eye for shiny things and a Heat Rock which had been used to melt the ice around another egg-filled nest. He'd left the eggs alone-- he wasn't that kind of predator. He hunted for something far more specific to feed his hunger. Minerals were plentiful in the cave walls, and the unique texture of uncut gems was easy for him to seek out and harvest.

As he'd crawled along, consuming more and more beryl, the colors of emeralds, rubies and sapphires emerged and decorated the skin on his back in glittering facets. And there they remained now, glinting faintly like a bedazzled turtle's shell as they reflected the light of the Pokemon moves below.

Zuill dug in his claws, tensing his body. He'd collected enough power-- now, while everyone was below him, it was time to use it.

The Sableye's head snapped around and his gemstone stare began to sparkle unnaturally, catching light. His razor grin showed for a moment before he fired two beams of adamantine energy from his eyes, lancing down towards the Pokemon below. Water burst up in a fine spray where the beams struck the surface and he swept his gaze across the ground, scorching earth and rock in skidmark-like trails.

But it was too slow-- and too precise. Inflating his chest, still clinging to the ceiling, Zuill snapped off his eye attack and buried his face in the rock instead, forcing the POWER GEM to redirect itself. He arched his spine, stilling, and then the gems along Zuill's back began to flicker. An emerald caught light first, then each diode sparked another, rippling out from the point of origin to form a pattern of multicolored jewels.

The other contestants would have only that much warning before a living laser show burst from the top of the cavern, radiating beams of sweeping, sparkling light in all directions.

ll1Ig5_K

SABLEYE USED POLTERGEIST
SABLEYE USED POWER GEM

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 5:11:03 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

It all happened so fast. One moment she was a watching the Kabutops and Aerodactly soaring through the cave like the majestic fossil beasts they were and the next thing she knew she was watching the Kabutops being blown out of the sky by the ’s sailing Sealeo before she flooded the cave.

Yikes

“Away we go!” Eva cheered, embracing the challenge of now aquatic environment. Well, all except the fact that now they were about to be wet and freezing. Every doctor knew that was literally a deadly combination.

Unfortunately, there was nothing Eva and her pokemon could do to stop it. The cavern was drenched, along with the contestants and their pokemon. and wrestled in the depths while other scrambled to both embrace and escape their fate in the flood. The previously knocked odd Kabutops appeared near Eva, offering the doctor an easy ride. Eva took it, considering she didn’t think she’d be able to swim comfortably in the thick coat that kept her warm this whole time.

In fact . . . Eva ditched the jacket right then and there. It only acted as a tool for drowning at this point. Eva clutch on to Azul strongly while the Kabutops weaved its way through the obstacles. Eventually, it was to the rescue. The icy storm disappeared and the shivering doctor found warmth in the new, humid cave, “Thanks, Zac,” she sighed in relief, perched atop the Kabutops, “I was afraid we were all gonna catch a mighty cold,”

The calm didn’t last long, and before she knew it the chaos resumed. Eva perched herself atop a rock to watch the contestants. Her job was to judge after all. The Kabutops slid back into the cave and out of sight while the Aerodactyl that had been clinging to the rock walls spread his wings once again and took flight.

Azul leapt from the water as the Aerodactyl swooped low across the glistening liquid. The shimmering lights of ’s Sableye were too much for the predator to resist. Prey drive kicked in and Know angled towards the ceiling of the cave. The flashing light reflected brilliantly off the layer of water surrounding the fossil duo. Azul’s Aqua Jet coated them in a forceful, protectively layer of water while Know rushed towards the ceiling, his cranium glowing with a forceful Iron Head. He refrained from aiming for the Sableye, preferring to add to the laser show with a spark of his own.

Water, rock, and steel collided in power explosion. Rock and water shattered into a sparkling dust that danced through the colorful lights like a fog. The fine mist rained over the cave like the previous Life Dew.

tl;dr: Kabutops uses Aqua Jet to coat them in water and Aerodactyl smashes the ceiling with Iron Head to add a sparkling fog to the light show

2IwXfCz|

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 5:35:22 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

deva's charge was interuppted by a lucario who managed to counter his charge and send him flying back into a cavern wall, planting him into a hole in the wall and immobilizing him. he was probably down for the count right now but that wasn't going to stop kazimir and his other pokemon who he managed to drag away from his little massage therapy session. "now lets get a move on shaddles! look there's a chance for a surprise attack, so hit them with an FOGGY TRAFFIC CONES!"

the lycanroc let out a sigh before digging his hands into the ground once more and letting out a STONE EDGE that traveled along the cavern floor into the mist left behind by as the spikes of earth spread out to spear anything and everything that was still in the fog most likely aiming for and her pokemon as the lycanroc let out a victorious howl.

ReN0vGSh

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 6:49:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars, to be honest, was worried at this point.

With so much beating the Lucario had endured, he wasn’t sure if Alpha would make it to the next round; having taken so much damage so many times due to using Counter pretty frequently. It was a risky maneuver, yes, but one he was glad to take.

“Ro, bring us down, will you?” he said as he knocked once on the silver Metagross’s head while wringing out his shirt on the other side. He had unceremoniously draped his overcoat over one of Ro’s legs, and the scarf was spread out near the front, thankfully his companion didn’t mind.

With a shift in gravity, the Metagross cut the Magnet Rise and finally came to a rest on the ground. One whistle later, the Lucario approached where the two had landed.

“Are you okay?” Lars asked Alpha, worried that the dual-type might collapse at any second now. He’d been the one taking all the damage, and it wasn’t looking too good.

Was there a chance for them to get a reprieve so he could at least heal up the Lucario? He wondered.

“Ro, barrier.”

The Metagross let out a singular grating noise before spreading a Telekinetic barrier of energy around himself and the other two. It was a rudimentary attempt at self-defense, but they really needed to catch their breath!

The heat haze that hung around the area was still bothering all three of them, though, as Shoal Cave had not yet returned to its previous state since it was cooking like a hot spring now and not the nice, cold, quiet escape from the noise of Hoenn Lars favored so much as of late.

1i3hLbsf

they need a breather!

@tag
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 2:04:15 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - CAVE

ROUND 2 - JUDGING

JUDGING

"Great work everyone!" Zac said, as he flipped the judging table back over and looked around for his chair. "There was some truly excellent biome usage there, and I want to draw attention to some of it. But, uh, I'll have to do it from memory as I have unfortunately misplaced all my pens and judging sheets." He looked meaningfully at and her Sableye.

"Here are everyone's scores and feedback notes for Round 2."

18 points
"I have never seen such extensive usage of rock! Saddles rubbed up against the rocks to polish himself, broke up the stalactites to form stealth rocks and even doggy padded around! And then Deva formed that rock dam, burrowed around like a rock shark and formed the rocks jaws of your CAVE IN FEAST. Every time I looked over you were doing something new and exciting with the biome. Fantastic!"

15 points
"There is a lot to say here. If Kaz is the poster-child for biome usage, then you're the one to look at for showing off those unique aspects of your Pokemon. You showed me many new and wonderful things about Jynx, and Sableye's gem usage was absolutely inspired. However, you also stole all my pens and papers, so I'm gonna have to dock you some points there."

14 points
"You showed mastery of ice and snow. You clearly picked your Pokemon for their synergy, and you demonstrated that well. However, I need to see more interaction with the biome. BYOB (Bring Your Own Biome) isn't as important as using what's already here."

11 points
"Watching Writhe and Nostra was like watching a nature documentary. Blasting everyone with the cave acoustics, crawling along the walls, using the stalagmites for cover and height advantage, and then crawling into the crevice and draining that Woobat to recover from Deva's bite! Absolutely amazing. It felt like a slice of the wild."

11 points
"Your kindness shines through with every action. Hurling Frank along the ice just for fun, helping Glitch flood the chamber, condensing the fog into healing Life Dew, and then blocking Lucario from attacking Paul! It's a pleasure to have you here, Skyler, and you've gotta tell me how you get Frank's mustache like that."

10 points
"This is a biome contest, not a fighting tournament. You spent too long dodging, countering and avoiding attacks, instead of showing off your biome usage. I saw some good stuff, but not nearly enough of it. You vaporized a bubble of water to make obscuring mist, you clung to the ceiling, and then you surfed on an icicle. Great! I wanna see more of that and less of your extreme agility.  

10 points
"And now we get to the one responsible for the flood. What an inspired move! Transforming the nature of the biome to better suit your skills is an outstanding play. I would have liked to see you use the water more after creating the flooded cave, but I think you were a bit busy looking for love."

ROUND 3 - BUILD A BADGE

Round 1 was introductions, Round 2 was a free-for-all battle, and Round 3 is a Treasure Hunt!
This time, the treasure is the natural bounty of the biome itself.
    Your goal is to collect materials to craft your Biome Badge. You need three things. Metal, Gems, and Something Unique. Should you adequately demonstrate your usage of the biome, these components will be used to craft your badge. 

For each post this round, use one of the prompts provided below and describe how you are searching for the metal/gems/unique component.

At the end of each post, roll once. You gain points equal to your roll + any bonuses you have. Contestants with over 250 points total will be eligible for the Biome Badge.

This should take 3 or 4 posts, but there is no post limit this round.

PROMPTS

For every post this round you must pick a prompt from the provided list below.

Using the prompt, describe how you and your Pokemon are searching for the three components.

Please pick ONE of the following prompts to use as the basis for your post. You can only use a prompt ONCE.

• Glittering Columns
  • Secret Tunnel
  • Unusual Formation
  • Natural Lights
  • Dangerous Ice
  • Hidden Friend
  • Avalugg Tipping
  • Drillbur Nest
  • Frozen Lake
  • Deep Dark

BOONS

"There have been a few last minute changes to the boons." Zac said, still looking around for his papers. "There were a few contenders for each of them, but as has thrown away my papers I'm going to go with my gut. I am awarding the Boon of the Spelunker for his wonderful depiction of life in the cave biome! Great work mate."

Zac found a sopping mess of papers lodged into a crevice. He dropped them on the table to dry. "I think that's most of them, but unfortunately, we also lost one of our judges in the flood." At this, Zac looked at and . "I'm not going to point fingers, but if the Lilycove Police come asking questions, well, I've got a friend at the Mossdeep Space Center who'll vouch for us. Say we were on a tour at the planetarium, okay?" Zac gave each of the contestants a solemn wink. "So with one judge down, I'll be giving out two boons this time. The second one goes to  ! Kaz I'm awarding you the Boon of the Gemologist for his exemplary biome usage. Just beautiful, and exactly what I've come to expect from you."

With a nod from Eva, Zac looked over to . "We're both in agreement that the teamwork you and your Pokemon have shown thus far deserves special recognition. Their moves and abilities synergized perfectly, and every move Ephriam or Glace made triggered something in the other. It was like a duet! They played off each other constantly. Delightful to watch. Eva is awarding you her Boon of Synergy!"

BOON OF THE SPELUNKER

"I found a few exciting spots while scouting the caves. It's worth checking them out, if you're up for a little adventure," Zac said, pressing a crumpled and waterlogged sheet into 's hands. The ink has run a little, but you can still make out the prompts:

Draconic Defender
100ft Freefall
Behind the Stone Door

The Boon of the Spelunker allows you to write a post using one of Zac’s unique prompts instead of the general prompts. If you use one of these prompts, please roll 3 dice in your post and take the largest roll.

BOON OF THE GEMOLOGIST

"Picked this little beauty up at the Devon Corp bankruptcy sale!" Zac said, handing a set of whirring brass binoculars. "They can pick our any gem deposits nearby, and I spotted an absolute motherlode when I surveyed this place before. Only problem is...it's moving..." Zac slapped Kazimir on the back, supportively. "Well, good luck!"

The Boon of the Gemologist allows you to substitute your standard roll for a pre-rolled success when searching for the gem component of your badge. This is a single use boon, and does not apply to finding the metal or unique components.

BOON OF SYNERGY

Eva hands , Ephraim and Glace a set of matching bandanas. "A set of bandanas are invaluable to a team. They allow for instant identification of friend from foe, they soak up sweat and blood, and in a pinch you can use them to carry valuables." 

The Boon of Synergy provides a unique, repeatable bonus. If you describe you and your Pokemon using your new bandanas as part of your post you can roll twice and ADD the two rolls together.  

WEIGHTED TRAINING BOONS

There is always a benefit to be gained by those who go the extra mile. Below is a list of ‘Weighted Training Boons’. These are OOC challenges that ALL CONTESTANTS can choose from and apply in your post for a +25 bonus to your total for that round.

The Weighted Training Boons are available to EVERYONE, and you may apply MULTIPLE of these boons with each post, as long as they do not contradict. As with the prompts, you can only use each boon once.

• Peekachu: Write from your Pokemon’s perspective
  • Rocky Route: Identify 5 types or rock, gem or mineral in your post
  • Lights Out: Have your character identify something (an item, a Pokemon etc) without the use of sight
  • Shadows On The Wall: Write your post from the point of view of the cave
  • Chu-e On That: Describe how something in the cave tastes
  • The Numbers Mason: Uncover a secret of Shoal Cave
  • He Typed, Typily: Use 25 adverbs
  • Rainbow Wrote: Use 7 color words in your post
  • Cast Away your Inhibitions: Thirst over a contestant/judge

FINAL POST

Once you find the three components, please make 1 additional post where you return and present the materials to the judges. In that post, please also answer the following questions:

What is your unique component and why did you pick it?
Do you think you used the biome to its fullest?
What did you learn?
Did you have fun?

Based exclusively on the results of the 3rd round, the judges will determine a Contest Winner worthy of receiving the BIOME BADGE.

The 3rd round will close on 6pm Saturday, April 24th Tokyo time.

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:45:39 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
if zac ramsay wanted him to use the water more then by fucking arceus he was going to use the water more. unzipping his boots and kicking off the socks underneath quickly1. glitch stretched a bit before taking a deep breath. realizing what he was going to need to do. he wasn't standing out enough yet and that just wasn't good enough. so he climbed up onto one of the rocks that overlooked the now melted frozen lake. he knew that it was going to be cold as hell still but that didn't mean he wasn't going to try. luckily2 bug-juice was waiting for him patiently3 below the water. glitch himself couldn't exactly4 swim but no one needed to know that. after all part of this was using their pokemon. the rocks poked roughly5 at his bare feet but he wasn't going to let that stop him. once he was in the water he wouldn't feel it after all.

diving gracefully6 into the water he hope that he had aimed the jump properly7. his legs had been shaking pushing off from the out cropping of rocks but as soon as he hit the water his entire body felt a little bit numb with all the feeling abruptly8 knocked out of his body. thankfully9 bug-juice was there waiting, glitch grabbing onto his exoskeleton as the dual type pulled him even further into the icy cold water. it pulled glitch back to his senses as he tried to search keenly10 underneath the water. it was unfortunate that the water was hard as hell to see through in certain places. but he wasn't going to let that get him down. he would find something under here he was certain of it.

sure he was acting recklessly11 but he wanted to win more than anything. honestly he could probably12 just steal someone's biome badge but it wouldn't be the same. scarcely13 did he ever want to win or do anything for himself so it was a strange feeling for him to have. but he wasn't going to give up on it. if he didn't win this time then the next he would be much more thoroughly14 prepared for it all. after all he'd never managed to do things like this and it felt... good. for some reason. not that he was suddenly15 going to change his ways or whatever and become a nice guy. but maybe hard work wasn't the worst thing in the world now. at least for something nice and shiny like that biome badge.

quickly16 he urged bug-juice towards a large mass at the bottom of the frozen lake. that seemed interestingly17 enough like a good place to start. and if he got there before anyone else discovered what was in here then he could have first picks on whatever was inside. as he got closer it looked like some sort of ship that had gotten stuck in here. unlucky for them. extremely18 lucky for him. urging bug-juice forward he watched as the bug type easily19 smashed through some of the wreckage. carefully20 glitch pushed himself forward to look through a couple of the items, one in particular sticking out as he grabbed it from the floating mass.

the metal from the ship had been sinking quickly21 as he grabbed onto it. it was heavier than he expected and was glad when bug-juice grabbed onto him. otherwise he absolutely22 would have been sinking his way to the bottom as well. tucked safely23 in his pokemon's arms they swam back to the surface, emerging from the water triumphantly24 with a smile on his face. sure he was wet and felt disgusting but he had found an item he could use. a good one at that. Calmly25 the golisopod put him back down on the ground as Glitch clutched the wet metal to his chest with a smug grin.

hZy_EYNr + 50
  - frozen lake prompt
- He Typed, Typily: Use 25 adverbs
- The Numbers Mason: Uncover a secret of Shoal Cave
- glitch found some metal from the sunken ship 1/3 acquired

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 17:20:30 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

as kazimir kept his feet firmly on the ground he kept his eyes on the roof of the cavern as he descened into the icy depths of the shoal caves. above him sat icicles aimed right at his body, he could just feel it, like the slightest pull on them so that as he walked by them they would bend ever so slightly to aim right at him. then the earth rumbled beneath his feet. the ice above gave a rattle as two suddenly broke off and fell to the floor. kazimir's eyes went wide as he suddenly rolled out of the way of the two of them falling where he once stood. as he gave a sigh of relief he looked up to see a third one that suddenly came down on his legs, just centimeters away from his pelvis as it shattered into pieces.

a squeak escaped his throat before he started to scramble away as more started to fall leaving a trail as they chased after him. it wasn't until he slid into a cavern that the killer ice was far enough away from him to not cause him any harm. as he gave a sigh of relief he looked at where he was at and was surprised to see that it was a cavern full of crystals covered in frost. as he took a few steps around he managed to spot a small gem trapped in a crown of ice and managed to pry it off of its resting place. that was one gem down, and only a few more things to do.

PMthqx8s
DANGEROUS ICE PROMPT
GEM ACCQUIRED

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 15:33:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Shoal Cave’s walls were silent. Ever-watching, ever-vigilant.

Today however, the entire place was literally shook to the very core as the area had never seen so much...human activity in a singular place! It was surreal, to be honest.

If walls could talk, this cave would have so much to say.

The silence hung through the air as two figures cut a path through the lingering darkness; a shining silver beast that had another beast accompanied by a shirtless human atop it.

Down into the Deep Dark area of Shoal Cave the three proceeded, in search of something that only they were interested in. The crying shriek of a Golbat split the air, which caused the red eyes of the Metagross to look around wildly before the human slid off the beast’s back.

Several more Golbat shrieked back in answer.

The human, clearly unnerved by such a presence, hurried through the area—the walls, the walls could feel the feathery-light touch of a human’s hand—as it scraped along the wall looking for something special.

Several Crobat joined in on the shrieking, before a flock of them swooped down on the human and the Metagross, eliciting shouts of surprise from one and grating noise from the other.

This was before several of the Crobat were sent flying away from the Metagross as fast and as far as possible, before the human found something that looked unique to the area, and pocketed it.

Too soon would they leave, too soon would the walls fall silent—only punctuated by the distant, discordant screeching of another pack of Golbat as they flew through the pervading gloom.

5blfZI6i
+25

Deep Dark + Shadows on the Wall
- found Something Unique (nevermeltice)!

@tag

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 20:20:45 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
while the pair worked on wowing the judges with their water display, he was far busier than them. working far harder than them. the desire to bite one another was overwhelming as the zweilous bickered back and forth between his heads with teeth. scenting and smelling and trying to find the things that they were supposed to be looking for. blind to the world he couldn't see as the others did. his eyes useless in a cave anyways. mouth and nose and feel were much more important. much more daring. much more important in the darkness of the caves he grew up in. though there wasn't as much darkness here.

there were no colors the way he saw. no reds, no blues, no greens, no yellows, no purples or pinks. just black is what he saw. but the way things tasted were more important than the colors they were as he trudged down a secret tunnel in search of gems and hidden wonders. he would know it once he wrapped his teeth around it, the thing he was looking for to bring back to his trainer and teammate. once again the heads snarled and bit at one another as they hit rock. biting down on it to taste nothing but granite. cold and salty from the water that had risen here and there. sharp in it's edges as twizzler gave it a solid lick with one head and the other pushing in to also test the thesis. it was not what they were looking for.

again they fought over something they sensed, another salty taste though this time pure as twizzler licked a formation of rock salt that had built up. not what they wanted. not what he was looking for. hissing at each other they continued to move quickly. underfoot the feeling of sand sifted and moved, revealing small shells that laced the floor of this place. they must have washed up and into the secret tunnel. wanting to hide much as he did when he lived in caves like this. though his cave hadn't been quite this wet. he stamped his feet harder, trying to hit a more solid surface. the sound reverberating through his feet as he heard copper somewhere down the way. metal wasn't what he needed.

twizzler threw a small fit, angered that nothing was what he wanted and nothing was what they needed. his heads bashing against the walls in a flurry. his fit subsided as chunks of limestone fell from the ceiling next. that was interesting. that was unique. it wasn't a gemstone but it was something only found in places like this. he knew that much. it formed in caves from salt and water and pressure and darkness. well. probably not the darkness. but he didn't know any better. he was a pokemon. dead things piled up and up and made it. he could smell that much. he knew that much. on instinct. he was supposed to be looking for gemstones but none were to be found where it mattered so he simply did not care anymore.

with limestone chunk in mouth he carried it out of the secret tunnel he had found it in, foot kicking at a hard rock that had managed to roll in there from the fall of the stalagmites from the ceiling. out of curiosity the free head bit at it, licking it and found it to be nothing more than goethite, though as a pokemon he had no idea what that word actually was. just that it tasted like metal and dust once more. out of the tunnel and covered in various dirts, dusts and sands he presented the limestone as glitch's something unique to the area.

C6st9Gv4 + 125
  - secret tunnel prompt
- chu-e on that: Describe how something in the cave tastes
- Rainbow Wrote: Use 7 color words in your post
- Peekachu: Write from your Pokemon’s perspective
- Lights Out: Have your character identify something (an item, a Pokemon etc) without the use of sight
- Rocky Route: Identify 5 types or rock, gem or mineral in your post
- glitch found some metal from the sunken ship, twizzler gathered limestone as the something unique 2/3 acquired

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 4:23:01 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

the lycanroc's eyes faintly glowed in the dark as it navigated its way through the darkness of the tunnel that it found itself in. it had strayed away from the pack and decided to have a go at playing the lone wolf for a chance. the odds that it ended up in a place where many loners met their end was pretty funny to the pokemon, just thinking about it gave it a slight chuckle. still it pressed on, its eyesight starting to dim the deeper and deeper it went. it was almost as if the darkness of the tunnel and the darkness one finds when closing their eyes were slowly becoming one and the same.

it stopped as soon as the darkness in front of it and behind it melded into one entity and let his tongue droop out of his mouth as he panted. the taste of the cave and its secrets were slowly known to him and were his new guide as he moved forward once again. only this time he decided to take a turn to the left as something caught his nose, a scent that was rich and hearty.

as he walked his toes suddenly hit something. something cool and hard. while the dog couldn't see what it was he could feel what it was as he stamped it down with his foot. the texture was smooth and cool almost like metal. perhaps just what they were looking for? as he bent down his hands scratched rocky floor until he grabbed what he found. moving his paws around it he could feel that it was round with little pegs attached on its outside, bringing it up to his nose he took a sniff out of it before licking it. his face turned sour.

what he found was klinkang droppings.

c__n5hc6 +50
DEEP DARK PROMPT
LIGHT'S OUT BOON
PEEKACHU BOON
METAL ACCQUIRED

24+
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 13:11:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

After they’d managed to get away from that annoying pack of Golbat and Crobat down at the darker sections of the Shoal Cave, Ro sighed.

Or well, sighed as best as he could—the equivalent that emerged was that of white noise. He could hear the grumbling noises his human companion made, while the other presence that was slumped over atop his head was dozing off—having been on the receiving end of so many attacks earlier.

The shining silver Metagross then made his way to a section of the Cave that had glittering columns that stretched from floor to ceiling.

While most of them glittered in the icy aquamarine and turquoise hues of frozen ice, there were some places within this section of cave that had more unusual hues present.

He could still hear the human bleeding soft complaints, before hearing the noise of cloth being shaken out and removed from one of his legs. His red eyes darted around the place, still hovering thanks to the Magnet Rise from earlier, and the Metagross heard more distant cries echoing through the cave.

Thank hell this was going to be a quieter place as compared to the one they were in earlier.

Eventually, he felt the heavier weight slide off from his head, and watched as the blur of walking human wandered off to a particularly azure-shining column, before setting his legs down and keeping an eye around for any other threats that would dare disturb them.

He kept an eye on the human’s back as he observed Lars crouching down and eventually pulling out something that glittered and sparkled like a crimson eye from the base of the column. From what Ro could pick out, the thing that his human had found was a gem, noticeable enough to catch someone’s eye.

Listening to the words that Lars was muttering about as the human walked back, he waited until the human had resumed his position, before feeling the one singular knock on the top of his head.

They had to keep moving. Folding in his legs, he resumed the earlier use of Magnet Rise and continued to hover through Shoal Cave, wondering where Lars was going to make him go next.

QnVAVG_3
+50

Glittering Columns location + Peekachu (from the pov of Ro the Metagross) + Rainbow Wrote (all colors underlined in the post)
- found a Gem (sapphire)!

@tag

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 2:23:49 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

“What a sad fate.”

The body lay face-down in a pool of water, the vivid red dyes of its clothing seeped away by the eternal tide. Salt and sea had worn away relentlessly at its form, leaving a graying mass where there had once been an officer’s uniform.

Chryssa circled it predatorily, like a Mandibuzz homing in on its prey.

Nearby, Jynx and Sableye waited uncertainly. They had proceeded further down less cautiously than Chryssa, who needed psychic help to navigate the staircase of rock depressions. Zuill carefully skirted the upraised pools of water, avoiding the liquid and crawling deeper towards the bottom of the basin. He could smell a strong mineral deposit there-- something hopefully suitable for the challenge they were undertaking.

The cavern was a rimstone terrace; layers of overlapping calcite running like bronze scales from top to bottom. The upper terraces were dry, only the bowl-like shape of each formation suggesting there had ever been water at all. The lower ones were dark, tenderly cupping fistfuls of inky black liquid.

Something moved inside one and Oona flashed out with one hand like a striking snake, pulling a dripping purple fist back from the pool. A pale, eyeless Barboach wriggled in her grasp, its whiskers fanning desperately.

Reflexively, the Jynx brought it to her mouth as if to bite into the cold, slippery flesh, but Chryssa’s voice cut her short. “Put it back, Oona. I need your help up here.”

Pouting, the taste of silver scales lingering temptingly on her tongue, the Jynx dropped it back into the pool with a splash and moved back up towards where Chryssa was intently inspecting the dead body, using Psychic to effortlessly propel herself upwards.

“Tell me, Oona,”
Chryssa said thoughtfully, smoothing a lock of brown hair behind one ear, “How do you think this person died?”

“Bow thought wagga drowned,” the Jynx ululated back, weirdly close to real words. Since her many Pokedex entries repeatedly assured the ice-type’s babbling merely sounded like human speech, however, Chryssa assumed it was a coincidence.

“I don’t think so,” Chryssa said clearly, filled with self-assurance for some reason. “Can you take it out of the water, please?”

A bit squeamishly, the Jynx concentrated. The skeleton broke the surface a moment later, waterfalls of milky liquid cascading from long-decayed shoulders. She set it on the bank, its arms and legs arranged jarringly over ridges of clay and calcite. Devoid of sunlight here to bleach its bones, the color was a harsh, marbled brown.

Shockingly, Chryssa ignored the body completely. She knelt on the limestone, craning her head over the mineral-rich water as if trying to see the bottom. “There’s still something down there,” she said. “You can’t get it without a direct sight path, right?”

The Jynx shook her head, and Chryssa called down the basin for Zuill, her voice echoing eerily as she did.

There was a startling moment where a band of light seemed to pass down Oona’s form, replacing her head with a grinning Sableye one, before the Ally Swap completed and the Sableye dropped lightly to the ground next to the skeleton. Unblinkingly, the ghost-type glanced up at Chryssa for orders.

“Get what’s at the bottom,” she said evenly.

Zuill raised his clawed hands, reaching out with supernatural sense to grasp the items which had sunk to the bottom of the pool. Chryssa knew she had spotted a glint of metal, and the Poltergeist rewarded her sharp eyes as something bright flew free of the water, shedding rusty flakes in a swirl of corroded iron.

As if it had always belonged there, the gun-- with its single bullet-- landed in her hands.

Near the bottom of the terraces, Oona appeared staring out over the sides of a great black pit. Cloudy white gypsum ringed its edges like frost, protecting it from the tide. A cold, cavernous wind blew from below, ruffling the pleats of her skirt in what was dangerously close to exposing her UnderDress. Her bare feet shifted on the edge and a pebble fell, bouncing tinnily until the sound faded entirely.

The wind blew again. It smelled of deep decay, and hidden things.

mbNnEahy
ACQUIRED METAL (BULLET)

UNUSUAL FORMATION
(RIMSTONE TERRACE)

RAINBOW WROTE (+25)
Red, graying, black, purple, silver, brown, white

HE TYPED, TYPILY (+25)
Relentlessly, predatorily, uncertainly, cautiously, tenderly, desperately, reflexively, temptingly, intently, effortlessly, thoughtfully, weirdly, repeatedly, merely, clearly, squeamishly, jarringly, completely, eerily, lightly, unblinkingly, evenly, dangerously, tinnily, entirely.

ROCKY ROUTE (+25)
Calcite, bronze, limestone, clay, iron, gypsum

CHU-E ON THAT (+25)
Tasted Barboach