Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 12:40:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian paced anxiously around the summit of Mt. Pyre, skulking about Yveltal's worldly abode as he awaited his counterpart in Thomas Benoit...

Documents had been signed; legislature drafted for the purpose of... conscription? He'd only seen brief glimpses bleeding through their shared visual prowess; Thomas had been trying to warn him about something, but of what he wasn't certain. Yet he was wary of the connotation.

The next thing either of them saw was the simulacrum of Mt. Pyre, twisted by Yveltal's presence. It was to be a conference, that they might exchange information more freely. Gathered here at the appointed hour, they may discuss more freely the implications of this 'A.Q.U.A. Initiative' he'd seen heading most of the documents.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 16:26:50 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas had arrived at Mt. Pyre. Throughout the meeting, he had been broadcasting what he had been seeing to his fellow Avatar. He knew that Adrian would want no part of the A.Q.U.A Initiative, at least not by force. Though he himself signed it, as a witness, and on behalf of Benoit Armaments, he was conflicted. Though he understood that this was intended to organize and protect Avatars, he could feel the potential for everything to go wrong.

Finally, Thomas quietly wrote a note denoting a meeting time for Mt. Pyre, explicitly telling Adrian not to bring any sort of technology that could be used to track him. Thomas himself left his cell phone at home, left any sort of technology behind, save for his Pokeballs.

Thomas, garbed in an olive jacket, beige pants, and brown boots, landed at Mt. Pyre on his Hydreigon. "Malcolm, good to see you again.", he told the Avatar, offering him a handshake. Seeing as they were alone, Thomas took off his eye patch, revealing the eye that Yveltal had restored, in a corrupted form.

"As you saw, the A.Q.U.A Initiative was signed. I could only send you brief glimpses of the document, but I brought a copy of the final contract.", he told him.

Thomas would produce a folder from a pouch on the Hydreigon's saddle. He would hand it to Adrian. "I'm not here to make you sign it. I just want to give you the chance to read it for yourself.", he told the red-eyed man.

Thomas would give Adrian the time he needed to drink it all in. "If it's of any help, I'm not outing you to the League. I'll leave that decision up to you.", he told Adrian. Though he did mention Kyle's exploits, that was based off of public action. Thomas and Adrian had yet to do anything publicly with their powers, and Thomas made sure that the few in the know kept their mouths shut.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 3:08:08 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Thomas arrived by dragonwing carrying a parcel. After dismounting his Hydreigon and approaching Adrian, Thomas removed the patch over his eye, revealing the crude substitute; Yveltal's boon.

It was a garish blemish on an otherwise ordinary semblance, and Adrian made efforts to avoid staring directly at it, averting his gaze elsewhere.

Although Thomas offers him greetings, Adrian cannot help but overlook the formalities in light of more pressing concerns, waving off their niceties and offering a curt nod in return before continuing.

"Let's see it, then," Adrian offers flatly, taking the folder as it's offered to him and digesting its contents.

Most of it was legal jargon, but there are important pieces of information tucked away, although he's unlikely to see everything wrong with the document. At the very least, he can tell the League is trying to cozy up to 'avatars' and get them on some vague contract. There were plenty of provisions and benefits, but that alone raised a red flag or two. But he could breath easy knowing that, as far as he could tell, avatars were being voluntarily enlisted.

They wouldn't force it... Yet?

Handing it back with a wag of his chin, Adrian pinches his brow, groaning with mocking disdain:

"As if the League needed more lapdogs."

His eyes flick back over to Thomas, searching for more. Surely there was more to this than the League offering avatars pension plans...
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:01:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 18:28:51 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"If I'll be honest with you, I'm not liking this one bit.", he'd tell Adrian. "The whole thing was the brainchild of former Councilwoman . And given what I found about her, her connection to a cult from Sinnoh, that does not bode well.", he'd tell him.

"At the end of the day, no matter what they're promising Avatars, they're attempting to shackle the gods, whether they know it or not. I'm positive that it was Abbiati's intention the whole time. And though she's no longer Hoennian Council, I have to wonder how much involvement she has in the Initiative currently, behind the scenes.", he would tell him.

"I'll be honest with you, while it's starting out rather innocuously, I'm afraid as the situation gets more desperate, they will ratchet up recruitment procedures. I'm afraid of , for example, being forced to fight for the League, against her wishes, if things get bad enough. The lines are starting to blur, it seems.", he'd continue.

As he speculated, he had to wonder just how far the League would go, and how similar to Rocket they'd become as things progressed.

tags:

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 23:54:33 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Knowing this was all the brainchild of some occult-worshiping pseudo-politician didn't warm him up to the idea. Both of them had their reservations, and for obvious reasons. But it was really starting to feel like they were on the wrong side. Or there wasn't a right side anymore, only better and worse. "Can't say I recognize the name."

Olivia Abbiati-something-or-other was hardly at the top of his concerns, but Cait Alfric seemed familiar somehow, although he couldn't place why. Of course he knew she was a gym leader, but nothing else officially. Just the sinking feeling he should recognize them. "Forced to fight?" He'd scoff. That rarely, if ever, went well.

Well, the terms were fairly nondescript. Maybe that was their ultimate goal, a unique fighting force.

But as far as chaining the gods, Adrian hardly believed it. Whatever Thomas and Adrian were, they didn't have chains on Yveltal. If anything, it was the other way around.

Sure, they had their 'free will' to speak of.

Yet Yveltal could but whisper the words, and they would feel strongly compelled towards whatever task Yveltal bid them. That didn't feel free, it felt like obligation.

If that was the League's design, Adrian felt they misunderstood their nature entirely. They weren't just beings with a latent gift. They were marked by divinity, whom answered to some greater design.

Ultimately they were the ones wielded by their patrons, much to Adrian's chagrin. "Well, it's none of my business what the League does. But they'd best not come snooping..." It'd cause problems for them. Big problems.

"What are you going to do about it?" From what he understood Thomas was more invested in the League, but whether he felt the same now, Adrian wouldn't take for granted. "Lay low? See where it's headed, and then...?"

Should they discuss any contingencies?
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 21:54:06 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I'll do my best to cover for you. I've kept your name out of any reports regarding Mt. Pyre. I've done what I could to keep all your names out of this. Told them that an unnatural fog made identification impossible. Though I don't know if the others will do the same.", he told Adrian. Well, aside from . He could trust Anderson, but as for , the girl, and that mystery man in leather, he didn't know if he could trust them.

"I'm gonna hold off on revealing myself as long as I can. They don't know I'm an Avatar yet, though they do know that I dealt with Yveltal on Mt. Pyre. Until then, I'm going to use Benoit Armaments to position myself so that I can keep watch over this whole operation, gather what data I can on the other Avatars, and if things go bad, try to stop it.", he'd tell Adrian.

"What about you?", he'd inquire.

tags:

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 8:28:14 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"..."

It took Adrian some time to consider this question. Before all of this, he would've wanted nothing more than to live a quiet, fulfilling life full of vice. After losing Howitzer and making the pilgrimage, everything had changed...

Short of divine intervention, Adrian would have interred Howitzer here, lamented her loss and perhaps eventually moved on, given time. But he'd become enthralled to the opportunity presented by Yveltal, reflecting on dated legends and wondering if, perhaps, this was fate's hand guiding him towards something he would've otherwise thought impossible... If only that were the case.

"...I'm going to find him." Images of a broad shouldered man, tall of frame and clasping a leather trench coat about his hulking mass passed between both of their minds. A fellow acolyte once, but now a nobody. No, a murderer. Thomas would be allowed the necessary insight into his vendetta, if perhaps to achieve their blessing.

"Beyond that... I don't know. I'm just a civilian."

Going back to a normal life seemed impossible, yet he held no loyalties or obligations, beholden to none...
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 2:58:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Him?", Thomas inquired.

Given the way Adrian said this, and the circumstances surrounding their meeting, Thomas had a feeling that Adrian was looking for revenge. The Kalosian couldn't really fault Adrian for that. Given his own history, and what motivated him to become what he is now, Thomas could sympathize with the Executioner.

Though the question remained, how far would he go in his pursuit of revenge? Thomas had barely been stopped from murdering the man who killed Shadow, all those years ago. Something he came to regret not following through. The man had been let off with what was effectively a slap on the wrist. Worst still, someone like him was likely to have joined Rocket, and razed Kanto under Silas.

Either way, it was a moot point. Yveltal had compelled Thomas to take two lives. His hands were forever stained with their blood, her blood especially. He was damned, and he knew it. It was the price of their pact.

tags:

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 3:14:58 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"The broad-shouldered one, I've met him."

A balled fist trembles at his side. "He is the one who killed Howitzer; it has shown me," he gestures to where Yveltal once resided before finding its newest recluse. "And so..."

Looking down at his clenched fist, he finds his resolve: "Armed with that knowledge, I can set things right..."

Or the next closest thing.

Adrian stares up at them suddenly, still marveling at the level-headed generosity they've shown him.

"If something comes up, let me know?" Adrian was mostly asking, not one to impose so greatly upon a stranger.

"I could be of some use."
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 18:01:39 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas was right, Adrian was seeking revenge for his fallen Pokemon. The Kalosian would place a hand on his shoulder supportively. "For what little it might be worth, I've been down a similar road before.", he'd tell Adrian. "If you need it, I'll help you however I can.", he'd tell him.

Thomas would fish out his flask from his jacket, quickly taking a swig of the whiskey held within.

tags:

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 7:17:23 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Though a touching gesture, being the reclusive fringe that he was meant the physical contact made his skin crawl.

He tried to overlook it. "Thank you." That they'd make such a pledge had been appreciated, though he did not mean to accept it. Noah too had made such an offer, but it was not something he felt could be asked of another. What Adrian was prepared to do couldn't be expected of just anyone.

But Thomas wasn't just anyone. Neither was he anymore.

Smelling the alcohol off his flask, Adrian too was reminded of his vices. Of the comfort and sanctity of his home. He wished to return, if there was nothing else keeping them.

"I'd best get going. Recording's not gonna do itself."

"You know how to reach me," Adrian said in dismissal, reaching for a pokeball that contained Corviknight.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 14:46:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would quickly retract his hand upon seeing the small signs that he didn't like the contact. Though he did tolerate it for the moment, Thomas didn't want to push it.

"Stay safe.", Thomas would tell the other Avatar, before turning to mount his Hydreigon. Before climbing onto the three-headed beast, Thomas would affix the eyepatch over his Shinigami Eye, disguising his proof of his status to the world once again. The Kalosian would quietly head back to Lilycove, back to collect his things from the Benoit Estate. Once finished, he'd make the flight back to Verdanturf, to spend the rest of his day with his little friends.

tags:
notes: Fin

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
at the summit [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 4:28:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: