4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 19:14:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
A week had passed, and Lulu had begun to wonder if she’d turned into a vegetable.

Nonetheless, there was no waiting by the man’s bedside. There was work to be done in the labs, and other things to spread herself too thin over. She’d ensured had been alerted of his state, and thus left visits up to professionals and his partner, assuring that she’d return once he’d woken.

Eventually, he had.

The phone which she kept on the sub for lab work buzzed with a notification from infirmary staff. She went—in not too big a hurry, though, figuring they would likely need to assess his vitals and the rest as he came to.

Soon, short heels, poking beneath the hems of slacks and a lab coat, rounded the corner with measured clicks. When she got to the door, her shoulder leaned into the steel frame and she crossed her arms, face flat. “Was it everything you’d hoped it’d be?”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 21:14:18 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Lex swore she’d never sleep on this stupid submarine. But here she was, one week in, passed out on the bed of an empty dorm with Loveless curled up in the crook of her arm. She had been restless and terrified. Quite frankly, it was exhausting. The only reason sleep had finally found her was because her body had finally given out and she needed to pass the time between visiting hours somehow. It was painful every time they ripped her and Loveless away from Killian’s side. She wasn’t allowed to remain because she was just “the girlfriend”, after all. At least, that’s how they put it.

Loveless jolted awake and stood up, her tail twitching anxiously for whatever reason. Lex peeled her eyes open, a soft groan encouraging the psychic-type to go back to bed. Instead, Loveless bolted towards the door just before the frantic knocking.

The Espeon didn’t wait for Lex to get up. Her PSYCHIC gripped the door and tore it open before she sprinted off down the hall. That could only mean one thing. Before the nurse could get a word in edgewise, Lex was quick to follow Loveless, knocking the woman aside in favor of sprinting after the pokemon.

Up to this point, Lex had been avoiding . Controlling the urge to punch her right in the fucking face was exhausting. Lex knew Killian agreed to this stupid idea, but she needed someone to be mad at, and she wasn’t about to take it out on the man that just woke up from a coma. Loveless weaved between the woman’s legs but Lex paused, the sight of Darkrai’s avatar making her fists curl into tight balls, Excuse me,” she hissed, forcibly pushing past Lulu to get into the room.

The attitude took a 180 when was finally able to look into his blue eyes, “Killian,” she smiled, taking his hand into hers as she sat beside him on the bed.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 20:12:26 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morhuman"]
[attr="class","morhuman-big-img"]

[attr="class","morhuman-1"]
[attr="class","morhuman-title"]
more human[break]than human

[attr="class","morhuman-tagged"]

[attr="class","morhuman-subtitle"]
i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

[attr="class","morhuman-pkmn"]

[attr="class","morhuman-post"]

[attr="class","morhuman-icon"]

Sitting up on the bed, Killian couldn't take his eyes off his hands. Despite his best efforts, they refused to stop trembling. Was he even really awake? Everything he'd experienced inside those nightmares had felt so real. How was he to know this wasn't another one? That Darkrai wasn't treating him to the calm before the storm.

[break][break]

His fingers curled into fists so tight that his nails dug into his palms. "Pathetic." echoes of his mother's voice still haunted his thoughts. Flashes of the things he'd seen played every time he blinked. Killian felt raw, torn down to his base emotions and then some.

[break][break]

's voice from the doorway pulled his attention to her. "You were right." he admitted, with a dry tone and vacant expression. "I was clueless about what I truly feared." an understatement. Killian had underestimated her power, and it showed.

[break][break]

When Loveless entered the room and leaped onto the bed, Killian didn't react. The empty and tired look on his face remained even as she nuzzled against his chest to comfort him. received a similarly cold, if not worse, response. His hand flinched at her touch, almost jerking back and away. She'd be able to feel the slight tremble of his arms as Killian struggled to keep himself together.

[break][break]

"How long?" he looked to Lulu, unable to bring himself to meet Lex's eye. "How long was I asleep?"

[attr="class","morhuman-bot-1"]

notes about this post

I'm testing how long this can go on before it starts looking silly. Test, test, test, test. I don't actually have most of the lyrics to this song memorized, so I can't really, uuuuuuh, type them as a test here.
[attr="class","morhuman-bot"][attr="class","th th-pencil"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#bd9fc9;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#606060; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12x Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#606060;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 23:01:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Killian’s response didn’t surprise her. She stared, arms still crossed. “Hm.” Flat expression assessed his own—seemingly devoid of the intrepidity he’d displayed a week ago. He’d seen what he’d needed to see, apparently. Where was he now? That face said not here.

“Are you sure he’s—” A question to a nurse was cut off by pushing. Lulu withdrew from the tight squeeze in the doorway, lip curling irritably. Rude.

Watching Lex run to him caused her to feel the edges of a particular void in her own life. The presence of a thought pushed against her chest and pulled on her shoulders like gravity. It told her to lie down and die alone.

She hardly noticed the coldness with which Killian treated his loved ones. It was his voice which drew her out of her own head. “You were out for a week.” Her voice had gone low and gravelly, lacking energy. She remained lingering at the corner of the room. “How long did it feel like?”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 2:28:14 GMT

Killian’s reaction to her touch made her gasp. There wasn’t a single time she could recall that he had ever recoiled from it, not even when they fought so hard it looked like they wanted to rip each other’s throats out. Her heart shattered. The way he trembled and failed to acknowledge Loveless, even dismiss her own presence was heartbreaking. Lex slowly pulled away, unsure of what to do.

He wouldn’t even acknowledge Lex’s presence, but he would talk to her.

Lex’s head snapped towards , a frigid and bitter glare. Killian asked for this, but she did it. Her and that fucking monster. She should be mad at Killian for proposing such a reckless idea, but now wasn’t the time. The heartbreak and fear she was drowning in the past week needed an outlet. Lulu’s apparent apathy didn’t help her case. The desire to wipe the floor with her smug face was tantalizing. Not that she could, she’d seen at work on their most recent mission. Trying would still be satisfying.

“What the hell were you thinking?” she growled, slowly rising from the bed. Tension gripped her figure, resembling an angry Pyroar ready to pounce, a lioness guarding her fallen mate, “Your monster isn’t part of a fucking game and Killian’s not a fucking experiment. How dare you be so irresponsible.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 10:20:05 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

"Only a week?" that couldn't be right, could it? Killian stared at Loveless in silence. Time had lost any sense of meaning while he dreamt. There were no minutes, no hours, or days - only the nightmares. "Longer." he finally replied, his voice barely a whisper.

[break][break]

Lips curled into a tight frown. "It...it felt like a lifetime." an eternity of endless suffering. The things he'd seen and experienced had changed him. Killian could feel it in his bones, in his soul. Whoever he'd been before Lulu cast him under her spell was dead. There was no going back.

[break][break]

Killian reached for Lex's hand, half expecting his fingers to phase right through her. He looked genuinely surprised when they didn't. Tightly, he squeezed. His hand like a vice as it curled around her own.

[break][break]

"Look at her, pretending to care."

[break][break]

The sadistic voice of his tormentor invades his thoughts. Killian tenses but says nothing to either woman. Praying, hoping, that it's only a remnant that will fade with time.

[break][break]

"I asked for this Lex." he reminds her. "I wanted it, just like you wanted revenge on Kaito." the implication is clear. "Lulu warned me. She tried to talk me out of it several times. I didn't listen." he's stern in how he speaks. Addressing her not as his lover but as an obstacle in his way.

[break][break]

"Take your anger and place it somewhere else. At me, if you have to, but do it later. Right now, I need you to shut up and just be here." Killian looks at her for the first time since she's walked into the room. Despite having slept for a week, he couldn't look more tired. His blue eyes are so void of emotion they appear almost lifeless.

[break][break]

"Can you do that for me, please?"

notes about this post

[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#bd9fc9;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#606060; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12x Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#606060;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 22:30:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu wasn’t surprised by his answer. “Your brain doesn’t process real time when sleeping. It bases the information it’s collected on how long it’s ever taken you to do something, or for something to happen in your life, and applies that in whatever way it can to the experiences of your dream—even if they’re abstract.” She paused. “Technicians are still assessing the results of your polysomnography. There are, now, a couple of things I’m curious about.” But the scientist stopped short of devolving into what those things were.

A fall of silence came just in time for Lex to cut through it with passionate anger. It was met with a dead stare. She watched the woman rise threateningly, expecting an attack, but Killian interjected.

“Lex, let me ask you this: Do you think I’m a friend?” She tilted her head some, squinting her eyes a bit facetiously as though she were trying to determine something she already knew. “What about—” A lab assistant yelped, surprised as Lulu struck out fingers and yanked him closer by his shirt collar. Her eyes remained on the woman. “Him. Do you think he’s a friend?” She released her catch, and they shuffled away with the panic of a minnow reintroduced to the pond.

“You’re surrounded by monsters, Briarwood. I think you forget where you are. Irresponsible? You both risk each other’s lives with—” she nodded towards the two of them, the fact they were a known ‘couple’, this. It reminded her of and . It was dangerous for everyone involved, but she certainly wouldn't be pointing that out to the underboss. He knew well enough what he was doing.

This is not my fault. You will not put your childish heartache on me.” Her eyes turned colder, then, bearing a promise. “And Briarwood, if you insult my god again, I will kill you without a second thought.”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 1:08:40 GMT

The feeling of Killian’s hand tore her attention away from Lulu. A furious glare was drawn to his vice grip when he finally acknowledged her presence in the room, only to just chastise her. He dug deep, using Kaito as an excuse for his actions. He even went as far as to defend Lulu. In Lex’s mind it didn’t matter. With power came responsibility. She should have said no. Lex didn’t know how any of this shit worked but she knew enough to reasonably assume Killian shouldn’t have been the first subject.

‘I need you to just shut up and be here,’ Really? Did he really need her? The depths of his dead glare said otherwise. Lex searched his eyes for a moment as Lulu started talking. She couldn’t find him. Killian wasn’t there. His gaze was eerily similar to that of the Shadow Gardevoir’s: apathetic, empty, corrupted, poisoned. Darkrai and Lulu had stolen him from her. That, she could never forgive.

Lex had missed half of Lulu’s lecture during her own assessment of Killian – or whatever remained of him, “I haven’t forgotten where I am, Flint she spat the surname back at Lulu in a similarly cold manner, “I never doubted I was surrounded by monsters,” She was right to point out their relationship was a risk. Lex had already left him once because of it and she promised to never do it again.

Just her eyes turned towards Lulu when she threatened her. Lex returned the threat with a challenging glare, her own promise she meant to keep if Lulu ever considered experimenting on Killian again, “I’m not afraid of you and your monster,” a foolish sentiment, no doubt. Death didn’t scare her. It had loomed over her shoulder long enough to be considered ‘normal’.

What she did fear was losing Killian. A part of her felt like she just did at the hands of Darkrai’s torment. She’d do anything for Killian but standing aside while he intentionally suffered is where she drew the line.

He asked her to stay. Shut up and stay, to be exact. But he didn’t need her. His apathy and coldness towards her spoke volumes. Lex found herself feeling as empty as Killian’s vacant stare. It made one thing very clear – she was not welcome here. Maybe he needed time to wake up.

Lex was in no state to give Killian what he needed right now. Staying would fuel the fire already burning, especially with Lulu around. A sharp movement ripped her hand out of his grip as she moved towards the door. There was hesitation when she touched the handle. The tension in her shoulders dissolved into defeat. She wouldn’t let Lulu see, but the eyes that looked back towards Killian glistened with the threat of tears, “I’ll be back when she’s not here,” Lex promised. She’d pray to every deity she could think of that she would return to find some semblance of the man she loved, not just his shell.

The door snapped shut behind her like thunder and the anger that held her together unraveled, releasing whatever barrier held back the tears.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 1:46:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Insolence.

At this point in her life, Lulu had little left but power and a bad mood. That alone made it a questionable idea to cross her, but there were others.

Defying authority in this world got you killed. Lulu, as a member of a cutthroat criminal organization, and as a superior, had given a threat—in front of . In front of others. Lulu was a known killer. She was expected to deliver. This was stupid.

This was a favor for someone arrogant who had his own lessons to learn. She didn’t need it. Although she’d been the tool, this was a study for , or . She had a machine to work on. Checking on him had been a nice thing to do.

She stared. Killian and Lex—they were alike, in that they needed to be knocked down a peg. They had too much spirit. It was annoying.

There wasn’t much of a moment to react before the redhead was out the door. Eyes flashed to Killian, as though to warn him coldly that if he followed, he would be next. She turned on her heel, knowing what she needed to do.

Two steps.

Stop.

She did.

It was embarrassing. The side which remained of her, truly, not bastardized by Tapu Fini or taken by Darkrai, burned. She felt adrenaline and rage at her god’s denial, but maintained composure. Steel, amongst those whose respect this risked. Darkrai rose out of pooling darkness at the submarine floor. All those working froze. Someone new dropped a stack of papers.

Lulu’s eyes glued to the floor, irate. Not one to be disrespected, her stare was willed to the god through some celestial bond, before it turned in the air, and phased through the door.

would not die today—or at, not literally. Sometimes, there were better, harsher ways to make an example out of someone. Her remaining breath was Darkrai’s blessing; the thin, silver lining which ran through the horrific darkness the god would bestow upon her.

It was behind her, in front of her. All around. The lights flickered, and then everything went black.

A voice growled, lower than low, and big.

“You will fear me.”

Lex would find herself PARALYZED in place, unable to run, as her own mind began to consume her. Darkrai’s z-move, KNIGHT OF TERROR was unleashed. A hallway, dark as her world under a new moon on a starless nightmare, would become whatever she feared the most.

Humans were always their own worst enemy. Sometimes, even a god’s hand could not compare to such perfect evil.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 3:27:46 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Killian's somewhere else as Lex has her outburst. She's clearly not thinking when it happens. Otherwise, she wouldn't have provoked the person whose patience had been running thin long before they came along. He only snaps back to reality when Lulu lets a callous threat slip from her lips.

[break][break]

A spark flickers to life inside him that brings teeth grinding against each other. His once-vacant eyes slowly burn with the embers of anger. They swell into a fire when Lulu meets his gaze. Who the fuck does this chick think she is? Ordering him around. Threatening the one she's well aware that he'll go to any lengths for.

[break][break]

Killian can see it behind her cold stare. She thinks she's putting him in his place. Teaching him a lesson they'd gone over when they met in her office a week ago. But she's only awakened a monster Killian's let slumber inside him for far too long.

[break][break]

"She's going to hurt what's yours, Killian. You gonna sit there and let Lex die as you let me?"

[break][break]

"No." but despite his anger, despite the demon rattling inside its cage, begging to get free - his body struggles to move. Rigid muscles resist his every movement. Lulu's only made it two steps by the time Killian collapses onto the floor. Loveless hops down next to him, unsure of what to do as Killian crawls along polished linoleum.

[break][break]

Killian tears his IV from his arm while he inches closer to the door. Pushing aside doctors and nurses as they attempt to help him. He's not going to make it in time. Loveless will.

[break][break]

"Go, stop that bitch before she hurts her." it's the strictest command he's ever given Espeon. Without a second thought, she obeys. She bounds out the doorway in a mad dash that won't carry her to Lex fast enough to make a difference. Darkrai's already there, the Z-moves already been used, but she attacks nonetheless.

[break][break]

The jewel atop Loveless's head glows brightly from behind Darkrai. It fires, unleashing a potent and powerful beam of dazzling energy that cuts a path through the darkness.

[break][break]

A Dazzling Gleam aimed straight for the Darkrai's back.

notes about this post

T-T

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 22:02:24 GMT

There was a moment of silence when the door shut behind her. The lump in her throat grew until she felt like she couldn’t breath. She was terrified and angry. Lex spent a week thinking she had lost him and she foolishly let hope consume her when she saw him awake. Even if only for a second, she believed she had him back and tasting that belief only to be met by an emptiness was heartbreaking.

The few steps she managed down the hall didn’t put enough distance between her and the monsters – as if there could be a distance Darkrai couldn’t cross.

Just as the lights flickered, a sudden rush of fear gripped her so hard she couldn’t move. It was overwhelming, especially since she didn’t understand why at first. Darkrai’s vengeance was swift. The realization came as the deep, loud voice shook her to her core, rattling her bones until she felt like she was melting. Lex couldn’t speak, could barely breath.

As the darkness consumed her the ground fell from beneath her feet, and a piercing scream filled the hallways outside Killian’s room in the Medical Bay.

This was a nightmare she has had before, only she normally watched from afar like a spectator which never made it seem real. Now she was actually playing herself, and the setting had changed. The morning sun was bathing the living room of their Lavaridge home in a warm orange glow. The large, eastward facing windows made for a great view of the sunrise. She could feel the familiar carpet beneath her bare feet, smell the freshly brewed coffee mixed with the scent of Killian’s shirt she had thrown on before going downstairs.

Kaito was there. Standing in their living with a gun pointed at Kilian and the same sadistic smile he wore before pulling the trigger. Could she make it in time? In her dreams she always could, it was no different here. A few quick strides brought her between Killian and Kaito. This time, Kaito didn’t shoot, but the same satisfied, shit-eating grin remained as he lowered the gun.

Instead of a bullet through her chest, the cool steel of a knife slid between her ribs like butter. A slow, searing pain and a warmth that spread across her left side as blood began to soak the shirt and slowly creep down her leg. The spleen, fatal – but it would take time. She would suffer, emotionally and physically. Surprise was the initial feeling. She didn’t quite realize what had happened until there was the familiar brush of his lips against her ear, “Did you really think I forgave you for what you did?”

Betrayal. Suddenly, the physical pain wasn’t the only thing tearing her apart – the heartbreak was excruciating.

His arms wrapped around her lovingly, just as they had done so many times before. Lex sank into his embrace. Not because she wanted to, but because as the blood left her body, so did her strength. She had never felt so cold.

The taste of iron filled her mouth, “Killian,” was all she could manage to gasp before she reflexively coughed up the blood threatening to drown her. The only thing she could focus on was the satisfied smile he wore as he laid her down. His eyes reflected the same cold emptiness she just witnessed in the Medical Bay.

A second figure loomed over her, leaning in until his face was clearly visible. An all too familiar rough, callused finger traced her jawline, “Only the best for our Little Dove,” they didn’t even bother to wipe the tears from her eyes or close them when she died.

Now she watched from a distance, hovering above herself as Kaito pulled back and Killian sat up straight, letting her body fall to the floor with little regard.

“Satisfied?” He asked, glancing at Kaito. The mobster thought for a moment before a sharp pop drove a bullet through Killian’s heart, “Now I am,” Kaito smiled before casually taking his leave.

And there Lex helplessly watched from above as the man she loved died beside the woman he betrayed.

The scene slowly faded from sight and into black. Lex was on her knees in the hallway, her eyes squeezed shut as tears streamed down the sides of her face, “No, no, no, no, no,” she sobbed as she crawled onto the linoleum floor. The thief curled into a ball, hugging her knees tight against her chest. Instead of being paralyzed by fear, she found herself consumed by emptiness, the sharp knife of betrayal driven deep into her back.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 1:47:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

How foolish, to provoke someone who was already out for blood. It was more than enough to take his life—but he would get much more than a bullet.

CLICK, CLICK, CLICK... She approached with purpose and intent. “Ms Flint! He’s just come out of a coma—!!"

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY.” Those who didn’t move, merely for being too slow or too stunned were shoved roughly.

Never mind the Espeon. Darkrai was more than capable of disposing of it. Lulu wanted this man’s life. She had to take it. If she didn’t, everyone would know. To let him live would mean to have less respect. In life, you did what you had to. That was what  was doing. Oh, well. That meant nothing here. They existed in a cruel world.

As he crawled to the aid of his lover, a foot went full-force into his ribs without mercy. Violently, she ripped the IV tubing from the bag and pole and wrapped it around his throat twice, pulling up on it roughly as she leaned down to be inches from his face.

“What was that you just called me, Decker? I don’t think I heard you right.”

He'd better start begging with what breath she allowed him.

In the hallway, Darkrai’s wrath had been fulfilled. The Espeon would be too late. However, the DAZZLING GLEAM caught it by surprise. It gave out a growl which boomed through the hall, suddenly aglow with powerful fairy energy—pure light through the darkness, sparkling and beautiful.

How unbelievably stupid.

The power behind it did damage. Of course, this fight could not be won. Darkrai could disappear in a second. However, it had a point to prove.

What filled the hall next was a great spiral of divine fury; a DARK PULSE of purple and black, hurled immediately at the fox. Do not interfere.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 4:00:33 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

There was an almost twisted sense of pride in knowing how easy it was to elicit such anger inside Lulu. That it only took a few words to have her foaming at the mouth, hungry for violence. Killian basked in the knowledge before pride becomes anguish.

[break][break]

He was a football, Lulu the placekicker lining up to send him flying into the field goal. White-hot is the pain that forces his eyes to widen.

[break][break]

Danger. His body reacts. Pumping adrenaline into his veins like gas through a car. It's enough to make his muscles forget just how rigid they've become from a week without use. Lulu's already wrapping the IV tubing around his neck by the time he notices, however. The tubing constricts his airflow and threatens to crush his windpipe as she yanks on it.

[break][break]

It's at this moment that Killian hears Lex scream. Her screech is horrible, filled with fear and agony. It saps away any sense of reason and rational thought he has left. There's only pure, unadulterated rage inside him now. That's all Lulu will see burning inside his eyes when she leans close.

[break][break]

She wants him to beg, and Killian clearly won't give her the pleasure.

[break][break]

Meanwhile, in the hallway.

[break][break]

Loveless has begun to realize just how fucked this situation truly is. Darkrai is a powerful Pokemon, and while she'll gladly die to keep Killian and Lex safe. Her death will mean nothing if the two of them end up dead regardless.

[break][break]

When the Dark Pulse lands and she finds herself barely able to continue standing, she changes her approach. Killian isn't thinking. He's letting emotion cloud his judgment rather than rationality. If he were calm, he'd handle this situation with the guile Loveless has come to expect from him. So she'll soothe his mind and relax his emotions.

[break][break]

But first, she must take care of Lex.

[break][break]

The redhead is a crumpled mess on the floor. A state that Loveless has never seen her in before. She's not sure what Darkrai has done to her or if she'll even be able to help, but she tries. Eyes glow as psychic powers reach into Lex's head. Espeon can feel the woman's fear the moment they connect. It's almost infectious.

[break][break]

A gentle voice whispers inside Lex's thoughts as Calm Mind washes over her.

[break][break]

"Shh. The nightmare is over, Lex. Relax, be calm. I cannot protect Killian without you."

[break][break]

Quickly, Espeon gives Killian the same treatment - minus the talking.

[break][break]

Back inside the infirmary.

[break][break]

All the anger fades from Killian's eyes as he suddenly relaxes. He clutches at the tubbing around his neck. Gasping for air, the vulgar words he'd been moments away from saying slip from his mind. Instead, he gives Lulu what she wants.

[break][break]

"S-sorry, let...me...go - please." he looks desperate, pleading...begging.

notes about this post

Shout out to Loveless for saving a fucked situation.

[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#c1b3c7; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#bd9fc9;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 16:49:15 GMT

Lex was lost in the darkness, shivering in a cold, lonely world Darkrai had created for her. Another force probed at her mind. She flinched at the assault, the wounds of the first were still too fresh, “GET OUT!” she gasped, desperately fighting to resist the new presence.

Too weak to defy Loveless’ CALM MIND, she lets it enter. In the darkness, a light begins to shine. A soothing voice that steadies her breath and breaks the rhythmic sobbing. Killian is all she comprehends from the words. Protect Killian.

The redhead jolts upright with a gasp. Flashes of her false realty invaded the forefront of her mind. She watched him die again, “No,” she whispered, refusing to accept a memory she didn’t create.

In this reality Killian was still alive and he needed her, “Killian!” she called out to him from the hallway as she scrambled to her feet. It was only a few steps back to his room that Lex crossed in two long stride, “Killian!” her voice was full of panic when she found towering over him with the cord of his IV bag wrapped tightly around his neck, “Lulu! Stop! Please!” she added to Killian’s begging as she fell onto her knees beside him, “Please-“ A desperate plea for mercy. Her fingers clawed at the IV line, frantically trying to loosen the grip around his neck. She wouldn’t watch him die.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
awake [c]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 1:34:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

If some were not left to live on occasion, there would be none to exist in fear.

Perhaps this was why the DARK PULSE stopped. Or, maybe, Darkrai was simply more merciful than anyone gave it credit for despite its spooky face and bad reputation.

With its point made, the Legendary retreated, disappearing into a black hole of darkness in the floor. It closed up, and the hallway returned to normal.

In the end, they saved each other.

Killian had confided in Lulu about their relationship, and while it drove anger and jealousy, and perhaps had contributed to his abuse that day, it was this which ultimately made her grip loosen at the sound of Lex’s voice.

It was the harmony of their begging not to lose what, or whom made their lives worth living. It resonated in her heart. Teeth of demons snapped at an intruder of light, but ultimately, the dogs of anguish and blind hatred were beaten back.

A woman in love.

A man who had risked his life to save her.

♠️

With a begrudging, growling sigh, Lulu’s hand loosened and the cord dropped Killian from her hold unceremoniously.

“Bloody fucking idiots.”

Sneering bitterly, she shook her head and backed away as though disgusted. Her murderous stare was cast to those working, and as though to flex one last line of dominance, she barked, “Tend to them.”

With that, she left, back to work.

The door slammed.