thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 5:12:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
When Gavin enters his office to see three familiar figures awaiting him, his stomach drops. had requested a meeting with no further context than the location, and assumptions are made the moment the underboss opens the door.

There is a mole within Rocket, and Beckett has been told to sniff it out.

"Sit," he commands. "All of you."

Gavin remains on his feet, pacing the length of the room with a brooding energy.

Three people he trusted as much as Rocket would allow him to trust any one, and three that he did not wish to see crushed beneath the weight of this investigation. But if there was one thing Gavin knew about Beckett, it's that he was good at his job.

; the brother he'd only just realised he had.

; the Rocket grunt he'd recruited.

; the Beast he'd taken under his wing.

"Do you know why you're here?" Cold amber shifts to each of them in turn, piercing. "Because I intend to find out."

For once, the pink shimmer of a fairy lock does not engage. He may be uncertain he can trust them, but he trusts they will not dare to run.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,799 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
consequence
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 5:23:14 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar had never met until he was notified by him to appear in Gavin's office. No reason was given, just a command without context. Oscar had half a mind to ignore the request, but then again if it were serious he would never hear the end of it from Gavin. And so Oscar appeared, being quite surprised to find himself being the first one to arrive--even before Gavin.

As and appeared, Oscar began to feel uneasy. He should have been relieved to see them alright, but considering the fact that the mission they all took part in was a failure did not bode well.  "Either of you know what this is about?" He said at last, though he already knew the answer deep down. They were were likely given no context as well, which meant that he would just have to wait for Gavin to arrive.

When he did the underboss looked grave. He commanded them to sit, and Oscar's heart nearly shed itself trying to keep his blood pumping. Oscar indeed sat, trying to stay calm as Gavin addressed them. Yet from Gavin's words, he didn't quite know why they were there either. Oscar narrowed his eyes, waiting patiently for an explanation before even attempting to get sassy with his superior. 
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
consequence
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 7:02:18 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Another summons. Another trip to the admin’s offices. Another Arceus damned day on this sub. Her blood boiled at the thought, hot enough to curl her fingers into fists, the painful sting of the nails digging into her palms is a strangely satisfying feeling. It reminded her she was awake and alive.

Lex is the last of the three to arrive. A cold, empty glare is all the greeting and receive from her. It doesn’t stem from disdain, but from what their presence here implies. Maybe a little disdain, actually. The thief returns ’s question with a peaked brow. Was he really that dense? The only thing stopping her from speaking out is his superiority. Lex was too intimate with the consequences to know what happened when she stepped out of line.

She doesn’t need to hold her tongue for long. ’s entrance demands their attention. A sharp command to sit has her sinking into the closest chair. Gavin poses a similar question to Oscar’s. Lex waits for an answer, but it seemed Gavin didn’t know either. Interesting.

This is the first time she’s seen him since their . . . meeting. His piercing glare makes her skin crawl. She involuntarily rubs her wrists, staving off the haunting remnants of the Dhelmise’s Shadow Hold. The wounds are still fresh, fresh enough in her mind to point towards one painful realization, “This is still about the mole, isn’t it?” the words drip off her tongue like venom. There’s an obvious bitterness she holds towards the idea. It isn’t a huge leap for Lex to make considering she had the distinct pleasure of involuntarily holding the title not too long ago – and the mental scars to prove it. For some reason she doubts Gavin used the same techniques to ask her lovely partners about what happened. No, Lex got special treatment.

@consequences

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
consequence
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 17:39:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan would only answer with a slightly grim look on his face, knowing that nothing good could come of having the three of them gathered together so soon after the failure of their mission. He’d opt to remain silent in the presence of his comrades, chewing his bottom lip out of nervous habit while they waited for someone to arrive. “Sir.” The first word spoken from the grunt, and only when strode into the room.

“I’d have to agree with Alexandra, I imagine it’s about the mole that compromised the Cave of Origin.” Amber eyes avoided those of the underboss, fixating instead on a single point on the table from which his gaze wouldn’t waver. Was one of them the mole? Rowan knew it wasn’t him, but what had the others said? All it took was one of them casting the suspicion of doubt upon himself to make an organization like this consider drastic measures to glean the truth.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 22:14:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Naturally, it's whose voice speaks loudest. Oscar is wise enough not to speak at all, and Rowan addresses him with nervous respect. So it is Briarwood that Gavin focuses on, eyes narrowed.

"I am asking you. Watch your tone."

Lugia's power provides a physical tell for his fury, fog that forms at the tips of his fingers and curls. He, too, remembers the lengths he'd gone to uncovered Alexandra's truth. He had believed her, in the end — still does. Yet that left two others whom he didn't want accused.

That won't look at him is a blessing; his amber eyes speak of their shared heritage, inspire discomfort.

"What did — Beckett say to you?"

There's a stilted pause, as if he'd been about to refer to as something else, but he doesn't acknowledge it. His gaze shifts between each of them in turn for an answer, starting with .
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,799 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
consequence
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 3:12:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar knew of the mole, but he did not consider that being the reason he had been called here. The idea of being suspected of betrayal was as alien to him as space itself. He had not even fathomed the possibility, yet as his compatriots brought up the subject he slowly began to understand. Of course they would be the first suspects, they were the ones sent on the mission after all.

Oscar's expression did not change as Gavin looked to him, however once their eyes locked it would become clear that Oscar wasn't pleased. A tranquil fury lay behind his shaking pupils, which had constricted to be as small as pin points. He did not speak his message out loud, but surely Gavin would be able to understand. It was a mistake to question his loyalty.

Oscar answered the underboss's question, but said nothing more. "I was instructed to come here. He did not share anything else.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
consequence
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 17:18:30 GMT

Beneath the table her fingers curl back into fists. Of course Lex pissed him off, that seems to be her new found talent. It is one she regrets having formed but it feels almost second nature at this point, she has come to expect it from herself. Still, she leans back in her seat, withdrawing like a Mightyena being snapped at by the Alpha, and she finds her place.

Thankfully, his attention is drawn to and . When he questions them, her suspicion that he had yet to accuse them of being the mole is strengthened. It makes her angrier, a visible tremble in her shoulders from the tension of her holding herself back. What was so damn special about these two? she could understand considering his track record, but the new guy, ? She didn’t see any reason to trust him more than her.

Lex keeps her eyes diverted, focused on the table rather than the others. She isn’t spoken to, so she silently stews in her resentment.

@consequences

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
consequence
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 22:49:42 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan nodded softly in agreement as Oscar answered the question posed by Gavin, having been given similar instruction. “Me too. I didn’t get an explanation as to why we were meeting.” Of course, he had a number of suspicions as to why, especially since Alexandra had been successfully retrieved from the clutches of the League. What he found strange was the fact that the Underboss didn’t seem to know why they were summoned either, meaning that this was entirely organized by .

Alexandra and Oscar both seemed more perturbed than nervous at the situation, angered by forces unknown to himself. Did they know something he didn’t? “I suppose...we’ll find out soon enough.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,293 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
consequence
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 10:38:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]tension leaks through closed doors, practically suffocates the hallway, but it's as expected as the four presences in the office ahead. he drags an unwilling soul, grip tight over their binds. soon, the door opens to glares.

"good. you're all here."

the person in binds is tossed into the center of the room, deserted, isolated, left to be picked apart. he takes a step forward, following, and meets merlino's eyes.

"i found your rat."
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
consequence
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 12:31:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She struggles against her restraints. Vulgar words fail to escape from behind the cloth wrapped over her mouth. It all seems like a scene from one of her movies. Only this isn't make-believe. It's real life, and Aoi's not sure where it all went wrong.

The black bag over her head casts the world in darkness. She's left with only her hearing to rely upon. But even that is difficult as the sound of her heart thumping in her ears drowns out the nearby noise.

Aoi's flung onto cold metal and discarded like a raggedy doll. Muffled groans of pain echo out. Everything screeches to halt around her. The world is frozen in time as a single sentence paints a picture in the darkness.

"I found your rat."

Her final performance is at hand.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 16:31:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I suppose we will."

And Gavin sits, directing the cold energy of his glare toward the door. Though mistrust coils like a serpent in his stomach, he will not put the cart before the horse. Whichever one was the mole, Theo would tell him.

When the door finally opens, a bound and gagged figure thrown to the floor, there is a long and uncomfortable silence. Gavin, still seated, meets the pale blue eyes of the former admin with bold amber, clear threat. He gets up, slow.

"Good."

He rolls his neck to the side as if to work stiff muscles. His hand clasps 's shoulder in a gesture that could, to the untrained eye, be misconstrued as approving. There's a lightness to his touch that might fool the man himself.

"I'm sure there was no intention to imply that one of you had been the mole." Though he does not look at them, it is the other three whom he addresses: , , . Gavin's hand slides behind the back of Beckett's neck with the speed of a viper's strike. He squeezes, hard, nails digging deep into tender flesh. "Right, Beckett?"

He doesn't spare their mole so much as a disgusted look. Not yet.

His hand retracts, and now it is the gaze that pins. Once more, Gavin addresses his team. "But it's not me you've wronged. Tell me." He looks between his three Rockets in turn. He is deadly serious. "What would you like me to do to him?"

Behind Theo, the door locks.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,293 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
consequence
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 16:52:56 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]praise never comes that easily — theo of all people knows this. so when he feels merlino's hand on his shoulder, he tenses out of instinct, knowing that whatever this is, it isn't simple praise. the sudden pressure digging into his flesh only confirms it.

"right."

when the question is posed, theo looks to the three. he doesn't recognize any of them, and though they hold some level of power over him in the moment, he cares little for them.

his gaze remains fixed on merlino, defiance simmering, but he understands his place now.
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
consequence
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 4:15:47 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan immediately snapped upwards from his reclined position when someone was brought into the room with a dark bag firmly affixed over their head, a woman from what he could tell of their body shape. “I found your rat.” Theo’s words were enough to dispel the tension that gripped him, assuming this was a confrontation of the three of them about the matter. “You found them?” He didn’t want to seem overly enthusiastic and draw attention to himself, after all he’d done nothing wrong.

The situation took a turn for the tense once more when the underboss clasped a hand on the back of Theo’s neck menacingly, offering his punishment up for them to decide. Rowan desired to remain diplomatic in his silence, but the good natured part of him couldn’t abide by what the mind wanted. “I don’t...know if any punishment is necessary.” The words were hard to get out, as though the hand was wrapped around his own throat. “I’m sure we’re all just relieved to have the culprit in custody, right?” Eyes glanced towards the two others that were seated next to them, wondering if they would agree or be out for Theo’s blood.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
consequence
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 5:56:02 GMT

enters the room with a dominance Lex isn’t expecting. She’s never seen the guy, let alone met him and the way he casually tosses the prisoner on the floor makes her recoil within but her amber eyes still shoot a piercing glare his way until he speaks.

I found your rat.

Lex immediately shoots out of her seat, the chair violently scrapes against the floor from the momentum of the sudden movement. It’s an involuntary reaction, one fueled by a deep seeded need for revenge that Theo just ignited into a raging flame. It burns hot in the eyes that latch on to the woman’s figure as she struggles on the floor. Squirming like the little worthless worm she is. The thief doesn’t speak, she lets the rage burn.

Capture. Interrogation. Torture. And the spiral into a darkness she didn’t want to be consumed by all began at the Cave of Origin. Lex had desperately been searching for someone else to blame while everyone pointed cold fingers at her. Vengeance is intoxicating.

Gavin addresses them, asking what he should do to Theo. Lex looks from Gavin to Theo. The crease in her brows is telling of her confusion, “I don’t give two shits about him,” a flat, unapologetic tone. All she sees is red. probably wouldn’t like it, but her emotions were getting the best of her. The redhead’s gaze flashes back to @aoi, in case it already wasn’t clear where her focus was. Lex had already been accused by Gavin, anyway. When she got the invite, she didn’t assume it was for the same reason. She didn’t know Theo, she didn’t care about Theo. But there was a subtle hint of admiration for bringing them the rat that would hopefully bring her some semblance of peace in the aftermath of their revenge.

@consequences

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,799 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
consequence
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 17:36:42 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
A newcomer abruptly entered the room, cutting away the tension as they threw a bagged woman before them. Oscar's eyes widened at the confirmation that this squirming creature was their rat.  He tensed his arms, having half a mind to stomp her head in right then and there. Restraint was needed however, there were other matters to attend to first.

In regards to Theo, Oscar aligned with his cohorts. His disposition toward the man was low thanks to his lack of communication, but he had no desire to punish him. He made his thoughts known openly, attempting to present his words carefully as not to earn Gavin's ire.

"He's of little consequence, do with him what you believe is just. But the rat needs to be taken care of immediately. That will be far more satisfying."

Oscar stared at their prisoner,  a devilish glint beaming from his eyes. This was the justice he had truly desired--this traitor must pay.