thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 21:33:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Though he doesn't show it, it's relief that Gavin feels.

This is what's necessary. He had braced himself for wrath — particularly from — but when it comes, it is not directed at .

He meets the defiant gaze of the former admin with a glint in his own.

"They've granted you mercy. Be grateful."

Slowly, methodically, Gavin removes the cufflinks from his wrists and sets them on the desk. He rolls up his sleeves, left arm marked with faded ink and patterned in old scars. In the crook of his right, a fading bruise.

"Sit down, Alexandra. You'll have your turn." A promise.

At last, Gavin approaches the mole. He does not feel pity. He feels very little, but most prominent is disgust. He drives his foot into her ribcage, hard, pins her down with his foot on her back. Miasma begins to fill the room.

"@aoi." It's growled. "Did you really think you'd get away?"
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
consequence
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 23:29:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There's so much noise but none of it matters. Only the pain that comes from the foot against her ribcage is important. She groans, tears soaking fabric as she struggles against the foot on her back.

Her name and a question. Aoi can't answer. The gag in her mouth only lets muffled screams escape. But the answers yes, she did.

Oh how wrong she was.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 2:46:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Protests are muffled by the gag in her mouth; this is by design. Gavin increases the pressure of his weight, forces the breath from her lungs.

He bends down to yank off the hood covering her face.

"I'm afraid I didn't catch that."

He pulls the gag free.

"Scream as loud as you like," he invites. "No one's coming to save you."

There is more to be said — Gavin has done his research. But first, he turns his gaze to . There is no question as to the validity of Beckett's claim.

Swear your loyalty to me. Gavin believes him.

"How did you find her?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 7:59:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The weight on her back increases with sharp pain. Aoi gaps for air, but the gag prevents most of it from reaching her. Light blinds her as the person on her back tears away the bag over her head.

As her sight adjusts, she scans the room and spots largely unfamiliar faces. The only people she knows are and the man on her back who she must strain to see.

, one of Rocket's underbosses.

He ungags her, and once again, Aoi gasps. Thankful for the chance to breathe.

She's an actress - it's the one skill she's sure she has. So when she's granted the chance to speak, Aoi resorts to her talent. The tears flow freely, staining the floor as she struggles.

"Please - they made me! I didn't have any other choice." her desperation is genuine, as is her fear.

"I wouldn't have done it otherwise."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 8:07:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he expected worse, and though he walks away unharmed, it's not relief that washes over him, but disappointment.

they're soft.

they need to learn.

whatever escapes ozaki is immediately quashed, repelled by a strong kick to her face. it draws blood, likely breaks something, and it gets his point across. defiant eyes meet merlino's yet again, but this time, he lowers them and takes a step away.

"does it matter?"
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 8:35:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin challenges Theo's gaze with his own, all but daring him to raise dissent before his team. But Beckett has been trained by crueler hands, and he backs down before Gavin's ire shifts to him.

The underboss slides his attention back to their mole.

"If you're certain? No," he decides.

He has been through Theo's process before — he trusts, then, that if had not been certain @aoi would be in no state to be interrogated.

"I don't care why you did it." He steps back from her, providing momentary relief from the pressure on her back, then brings his foot down hard against her calf. He's looking to break something. "You know the price of broken loyalty. You're lucky, you know — we'd have killed your daughter, if you hadn't gotten to her first."

He sneers openly, aims another spike to her ribs.

"Guess we'll have to settle for second-best."

A Klefki stirs at Gavin's belt as he clicks his tongue.

"What Pokémon did she have on her, Beckett? Send one out."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 13:52:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he fishes into his pocket, finds a pokeball that feels unfamiliar in his hand, and pops it open. a whimsicott appears before them, gaze confused.

"there are more when you're done."
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 17:32:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
They kicked her, they beat her, and break bone and rib. Each blow is followed by a painful scream. Blood splatters across the floor, reminding her of something she'd forgotten.

These people weren't people at all. They were sociopaths who faked feelings as easily as they breathed. She supposed they were somewhat similar in that regard. But at least she knew her feelings were real at her core.

Gavin mentions her daughter and the actress turns cold. Finally something other than pain comes to her. Anger. "Don't you mention her to me." vemon, all that plastered sadness gone in the blink of an eye.

Her Pokemon are threatened. Her only connections in a world that's scorned her. "Do it." she bites, "Kill them, it makes no difference to me. They're all just tools. it's a lie, but a convincing one.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 19:42:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Anger, Gavin thinks, is good.

You're not subtle when you're angry.

"Clayton. Briarwood. Get her up."

Whimsicott is released, dazed, into a room that would become its coffin — but not yet. As Klefki disentangles itself from Gavin's belt, SHADOWS snake from the sentient keyring to ensnare the cotton Pokémon in their HOLD.

"Was your daughter a tool, Ozaki? Is that why you let her die?"

Gavin paces, and the office fills with the suffocating PRESSURE of a presence unseen. It's as if the air itself has thinned. Weaken the body, and the mind crumbles.

"Make sure she's watching."

Tendrils of void tighten, suffocate.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
consequence
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 22:20:21 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Fear held its grip around Rowan tighter than it ever had before, unable to move and barely able to breathe through the horror that paralyzed him. He wanted nothing more than to get up and run out of the room, escape from this scene of torture before it reached the inevitable fatal ending, but he couldn’t. No matter how much he willed his limbs to push him out of the chair, no movement was made. As much as he pleaded with his mind to allow him to speak the words of his intended departure, no noise would come from his mouth. All he could do was watch.

was almost like a different person than the one he’d become acquainted with, an animal after blood instead of the mentor that guided him. Rowan found it only hurt more to know that the man was his brother, wondering if the same capacity for violence existed in his own blood. How long until he became the same creature? Was this what Rocket does to you, or was this what was simply waiting to awaken within him?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
consequence
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 5:14:44 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar watched unflinchingly as Gavin tormented the traitor. Apparently her name was Aoi, Oscar had never had the privilege of meeting this individual but considering her current circumstances that was probably for the best. The scene that underboss Gavin created was--disturbing. Was that the right word for it? Oscar felt an unease drift through his body, a disgust that caused him immense discomfort. It was not the actions of his superiors that disgusted him though, nor was it even the traitor that lay pathetically on the ground waiting to be killed.

He felt disgusted with himself. He found the torment of the traitor amusing, even exciting if he were being honest. That was a part of his past he thought he had expunged long ago, and he hated that it still reared its hideous head. 

Gavin asked him and Lex to prop her up, and after a second of delay Oscar would get up to do just that. He grabbed Aoi from her left side, holding her up and facing her toward Gavin. As Gavin began to suffocate the whimsicott, Oscar whispered into Aoi's ear.

"Don't look away, it'll only make it harder.

Did he want her to suffer less or more? He couldn't tell at this point.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
consequence
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 16:00:31 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

says sit, so she sits. Slowly.

A month ago, Lex would have been squirming in her seat watching the underboss beat this poor girl silly. Now, she leaned back casually, crossing her arms over her chest in contempt. She never averts her gaze from the woman who was the source of her pain. It’s funny how quick someone can change.

The moment Gavin sharply snaps her name is the first time she breaks her gaze away from @aoi. Get her up. Fine. Lex rises from her seat to follow towards @aoi. There is a moment of hesitation when she reaches her. Amber eyes flash warily over to the pokemon that had been released. This is where Lex starts to draw a line. Aoi, sure, she could suffer – would suffer. But her Whimsicott? It did nothing wrong but obey its master’s orders, very similar to Lex’s situation right now.

Orders. ’s warning from their “meeting” echoes through her mind. Disobedience puts what she loves at risk. What matters more? or this Whimsicott? That isn’t a hard question to answer.

Lex firm grips the girls arm on her right with one hand while the other tangles into her hair. Finger grab the roots firmly and tug to force her head towards the Whimsicott as Oscar whispers in her ear. Lex keeps her gaze firmly on Aoi, her expression stoic and neutral while she blocks out the terrified cries of the suffocating pokemon.

@consequences

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
consequence
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 16:32:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Like the loyal dogs they are, Gavin's lackeys do as they're told. One of them a bit more aggressive than the other. Fingers coil tightly around purple locks and tug her upward. Aoi winces but keeps her composure.

They're forcing her to watch as shadows suffocate a Pokemon she loves. Ozma is powerless against the darkness.

Oscar presses his lips to her ear, and it's a mistake. He's gotten too close to a furious woman. Aoi's head strains against Lex's grip as she turns her head. It's painful, hair tears, but she's able to look Oscar in the face.

She spits blood like its venom.

"Fuck you, fuck all of you." she's vicious with her words. "Is this how you sick bastards get off?" her head careens back to Ozma. They want her to watch? Fine, she'll watch.

The two share a look, and the Pokemon understands. There's no escape, no need to fight. Let it happen. Let yourself die.

"Who broke you, huh?" she keeps her gaze locked onto her Pokemon while she shouts.

"Who broke you so badly that you think this okay? That you're willing to drag an innocent, dead child through the mud and the muck just to fuck with someone?"
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
consequence
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 5:54:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"No."

He feels nothing at all. This is what's necessary.

He laughs at her question, an empty sound.

"Who do you think?" Almost involuntarily, his amber gaze shifts to before returning to their prisoner. "Rocket broke me, Ozaki, as we should have broken you. We took you in, we gave you purpose, and this is how you repay us?"

Whimsicott continues to squirm, its struggle weakening.

"You can stop this," Gavin invites. He does not bother with false friendliness or a reassuring mask. His tone rings hollow. "Tell us what you told the League."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
consequence
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 7:45:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She laughs, she laughs hard and it hurts. "Purpose? You didn't give me purpose. You took advantage of my weakness like you do everyone. You're not giving me or anyone else purpose." she's still watching Ozma as the darkness tightens its grip. She can feel herself wanting to look away but she doesn't.

"You stole my fiance, my career - my purpose. So yes, this how I repay you."

"I told the league that Rocket was led by small dicked men." she's already going to die. There's nothing left to lose. If they want her to talk....they'll have to work harder for it.