Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,425 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
invasive thoughts
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 20:28:32 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,adrianevent]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
one way

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
or another…

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
i'm gonna find you, i'm gonna get you

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/814423709942022154/843936156521070652/yt1s.com_-_dearly_beloved_but_youre_tired_of_everything.mp3[/player][break]

Punctuated by the chorus of wild cicada, a breeze blows over rolling waves of emerald bathed in the golden hues of starlight. Blades of grass tickle against his exposed wrists where he sits upon the dewy earth that clings to Mt. Pyre's summit. Despondent and desperate for a moment's respite, Adrian has sought the solitude afforded by the mountain-keeper's absence. In the shadow of his late pokemon's grave Adrian reclines to a prone position, reeling with shame. Humility. Self-pity. Guilt. Despair.[break][break]

Life was getting so much more complicated than he'd have ever dreamed it could. Moral absolutes became shades of gray while the world order teetered tumultuously towards violent revolution. The world expected more from him than could be expected of someone with a heart for revenge. It'd been a little over a year and he still hadn't accomplished anything. Howitzer was dead. It was his fault. That still bothered him, gnawing at his aching breast and driving him towards the brink.[break][break]

It only ever got more difficult to live with that knowledge crammed into the recesses of his skull, hoping they would finally fade, but knowing full well the stains would never wash out. That he would always feel responsible for Howitzer's untimely death and undue suffering. Realizing she may never get the justice she was owed because of his own ineptitude. It was too much.[break][break]

Sometimes I think it'd just be easier to...—[break][break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]

EXCURSION: MT. PYRE B

[attr=class,adrianeventcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.adrianevent .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accentborder, .adrianevent .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accenttext, .adrianevent .bulk b, .adrianevent .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/5oE4Xf.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1, .adrianevent .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1 div, .adrianevent .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
invasive thoughts
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 8:30:54 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
Brrrt...Brrrt...Brrrt...Brrrt

The phone line continued to trill for what seemed like an eternity, almost long enough for Rowan to assume that Adrian was too busy to answer the phone. Just as he nearly gave up on the endeavor, a soft click of an answer came through the other end, though they were oddly silent.

"Hey, handsome. I was just thinking about you and wanted to hear your voice. How are you?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,425 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
invasive thoughts
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 8:48:18 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Brrrrrrrrrt... Brrrrrrrrrt... Brrrrr—

You need to answer that.

Click.

"..."

Adrian answers the phone in silence, still droning off in his thoughts while the other tries to coax him with conversation. My voice...? At first Rowan's comforting dulcet tones seem so distant as he struggles to come up with anything meaningful to say. But there and then it meant the world to him. All around him the vibrant spectrum of life beams with untold wonders, even as he trains and tunnels his vision on his past mistakes and regrets. It chokes him up that Rowan's thinking of him somewhere out there, even when he's out of sight. I must mean a lot to Row...

A little bit of this could get him through the day he's having.

"Hey..." His voice croaks, but he quickly adapts, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"...How are you, babe?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
invasive thoughts
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 20:57:27 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
“I’m good, other than missing you.” Rowan hadn’t ignored the break in their voice, eyebrows furrowing slightly out of concern on the other end of the phone. “Adrian, is everything okay? You sound upset.” Recent memory recalled the last time he’d heard them sound choked up, when they’d visited Mount Pyre together, and so he could only assume that's where his boyfriend was now.

“I’m here for you if you need to talk, my love.” Rowan wouldn’t force it upon them, but he’d hoped that Adrian would share what was bothering them.
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,425 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
invasive thoughts
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 10:41:05 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
When they first got together, he'd wanted to keep these worlds apart. Maybe he believed it'd be easier on him. Or he was just unwilling to leave himself so vulnerable to someone else, even now. Rowan had seen through his deflection for what it was, perhaps picking up on the inflection of his voice. To think Row called by happenstance, only because he missed him. Rowan didn't deserve all of this baggage.

"I'm alright. Don't worry about me none..." He twirled a blade of grass around his digit as they conversed, feeling it drag across his skin with a tickling sensation. "Just having a crummy day." An exhausted sigh escapes him loudly and is delivered to Rowan through their receiver, giving Rowan insight into how much Adrian is talking it down.

He didn't want to go quiet on that note. "...But it means a lot that you called."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
invasive thoughts
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 1:52:58 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
"I'll always worry about you, babe." Rowan said with a small giggle, Adrian might even be able to hear the smile in his voice. "You're my boyfriend, that's my job." Good days were few and far between nowadays, even for Rowan as he dived deeper into the madness that was becoming of Team Rocket. Some days he couldn't help but feel as though he was drowning, pushed down by waves of responsibility that had been thrust upon him.

"I'm sorry you're having a crummy day, though." There was a pause in his voice, hand covering the speaker as someone in the background was likely talking to him. "Why don't I come over and I can see what I can do to make you feel better?"
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,425 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
invasive thoughts
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 8:09:37 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
A faint smile graced him as Adrian's glowering expression softened from exposure to Rowan's doting attention. Comforting Adrian came second nature for Rowan, regardless of his signature stoicism. "It's okay." Behind his ribs Adrian's heart fluttered at the offer of Rowan giving him some company, his demeanor becoming much more lively and animated. "Well... If you hurry, we can watch the sunset together."

And he would like that so very, very much.