Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 0:08:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Boy was his life an absolute mess.

Adrian munches on what could be called a hamburger, sitting in the mess hall of a Rocket facility—one that he's certain is underwater, although he hasn't been told as much outright. But the groaning of steel and the thrum of engines is telling, and it serves only to put him on edge.

This one feared the vastness of the ocean's abyss, and the things that dwelled within the murk. He wasn't at home here, and he never would or wanted to be. So he keeps to himself, sitting by his lonesome at an empty table.

But like his affiliation with Rocket, Adrian was forced into it with little choice, and would simply have to comply until such time as they came ashore or were inclined to send him away. So he sat there, chewing lazily out of spite...

Somewhere in the submarine Gavin and Serena doubtlessly discuss Adrian, which leaves him scowling.

There was a word he was throwing around in his head...

Betrayal.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,409 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 10:34:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Even when one found themselves having become something that dwelled in the murk, it was always best to stay afraid. Being part of the murk didn’t save you from it, by any means—it just meant the murk was the only thing that had your back, at that point.

Step into the wrong hole, and fall into the ocean.

had already informed Lulu of their latest addition. 

About halfway through his hamburger, she decided to make herself known, darkness bleeding out from beneath the table to sit across from him.

“Hello, Malcolm.” The shadow retreated from her pale skin and sharp, amber eyes. “Welcome aboard.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 19:04:36 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Needless to say, she gave him a start.

"What the-" He would've choked on the hamburger after taking a sharp breath, hacking away while he settled down from the sudden emergence of a woman. What the Hell was that...? Though his eyes discerned the nature of Lulu's aura, they couldn't necessarily illustrate how she'd achieved such a feat. Surely it was a privilege associated with her unnatural aura, the stranger having been claimed in a similar fashion to himself. An avatar.

"Can all you fuckers do that?"

He supposed not, though he spat the words with equal parts disdain and disbelief. Clearly he was upset over the wasted bits of burger, and her lack of manners.

That she knew his name shouldn't have came as a surprise. And their welcome, even executed with sincerity, was undermined by the nature of their arrival. He could only roll his eyes, disinterested or perhaps taking offense.

He tore another chunk from the burger, eyes trained on Lulu. "Gonna tell me yours?" The name, that is.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,409 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 6:30:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She watched him sputter and felt no remorse, simply clasping her hands across from him and waiting.

“Nope. Just me and Walsh.” Her tone was dry, although there was the smallest glint of amusement somewhere in her stare. It kept on him, perhaps a bit invasive as he continued in an attempt to stomach his meal.

“Flint.” She considered only a moment. “Or just Lulu. Whichever.”

“So. You’re Yveltal’s Avatar, aren’t you?” From the looks of it, she would not be leaving. In fact, she shifted, settling in, her elbows resting against the cafeteria table's surface.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 22:54:51 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Well, so much for the calm and quiet.

"I see." Though a blend of sarcasm and rhetoric, Adrian would take note of that. Knowledge was useful. But then it was that she spoke of his preternatural affiliations. Perhaps it was only right, seeing as she shared his disposition...

But he wouldn't perceive it that way.

"Careful now," he mouthed, seething, snatching at her wrist; nails scraping against her skin resentfully as scarlet irises caught the light in a way that could only be ascribed as unnatural.

Though it was not his intention, Lulu would feel the symptoms of his draining touch where he raked his fingers against her out of malice and malcontent.

"That's not something just anyone should be privy to..." He had guarded that knowledge well, only for Gavin to let it slip. That troubled him.

"Why have you approached me," their wrist would slip away or be wrested from his grip inevitably, while Adrian himself took the time to understand this stranger and their motives a little more, assuming they were not as guarded as he.

That said, he wasn't betting on it.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,409 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 5:20:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She jerked from his grip, but not before she felt the fog and fatigue; the cold weathering of his own power. Her weary, somewhat bloodshot eyes went wider as she slouched a little in her seat. Once free, a hand went to feel over where he’d scratched her lightly. “The fuck?” She was almost disbelieving at his boldness. It matched and raised her own.

Her expression became decidedly unfriendly.

Lulu had not been aware of Adrian's secrecy. From the story of the excursion, it had sounded like the cat was out of the bag for this one. Maybe that wasn’t the case, though. The scientist herself had been chosen by her patron in front of the whole of the organization. There had never been any hiding from Team Rocket. She’d not had the opportunity.

It was only on the outside that she remained unknown—mostly, and for now.

“I just wanted to chat—honest.” Huffing, she got lower so her voice could not be heard by others, if only to humor him. Her tongue was still sharp as she clutched her wrist uselessly, still feeling even more fatigued than usual—which was strange, because she had INSOMNIA. “We have some shit in common if you can’t tell.”

“What the hell did you just do to me?”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 22:13:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"My own thoughts exactly," he shares her alarm, having seen her arrive in supernatural fashion. He doesn't fight to keep his grip, allowing his hands to fall back to the table idly, while he tried to understand her motive. Chatting, huh?

How so very badly he would've loved to respond with something snarky, like 'Congratulations, you've got super AIDS now' or something to that effect, but he supposed no one on this vessel would take kindly to such lighthearted humor... What to tell her? Even Adrian wasn't certain.

"Ever heard about not talking to strangers?"

Mayhap he was too defensive, though it only felt natural; surrounded by the legions of Rocket in the metal hull of this contraption, one shouldn't get too comfortable.

And even if they did share a commonality or two...

He matches her look, glowering down at their glare, before he offers what little insight he can on what he'd done:

"I drained your aura. Nominally."

That was all he could say of the matter.

"It's been happening since I boarded."

Since he betrayed Yveltal, was the truth of it.

"Probably because I'm on edge," he would've guessed at the trigger, incorrectly so, yet still a sound conclusion.

"So... anything else you wanted to ask?"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,409 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 4:33:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Don’t talk to strangers. “How do you ever learn anything if you don’t?” she reasoned with a quip. Testing his boundaries, maybe. Still gripping her wrist, fingers dug into her arm, skin around them growing pale from lack of blood-flow.

Eventually she released, still visibly annoyed, and concerned for her well-being.

“My aura...” She paused. First thing’s first.

“Does it come back?

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 7:24:28 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
So was she trying to learn something, then?

"Well, you could try reading," he offered in rebuke.

"Or practice some discretion when approaching others."

She was quick to question the state of her aura, understandably so. It'd never been something he questioned thoroughly. Did the aura recover?

Pokemon were able to recover, but they were made of tougher stuff. And, well, Gavin hadn't dropped dead yet, so that was a promising sign that at the very least, the situation didn't progress without continued stimulation.

But did it ever truly regress back to normal?

"I don't know, probably? It won't kill you anyway." People had so much to spare, or maybe it was that he could only siphon small amounts that bore no consequence in a short period of time. Placing his elbow against the table, cupping his cheek in his upraised palm, he grows steadily more comfortable conversing with this Lulu Flint.

"Your aura is like your living force. It's not something that goes out easy, unless you're hanging on by a thread."

He gave her a quick once over.

"Yours is fine, but it looks altered. Unnatural."

He shrugged; it only confirmed what they already knew.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,409 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 19:27:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Books written by strangers, usually.

Her lips pressed together in a smile which looked more violent than charmed, but she spared him a retort.

Adrian claimed not to know, but ‘probably’ was not a good enough answer for Lulu, and worry settled in deeper, perhaps forever. Who would be able to tell her if her aura was intact?

“Well… shit, did it look like that before you touched me?”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 4:42:20 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Now he just had to roll his eyes aggressively to drive the point across. Even drag his fingers over his eyelids to press them shut, while meditating quietly to himself.

I had to get the worry wart.

Or perhaps he simply understated things too much.

"Yes. I only meant—" He sighs with exasperation, before finding all the words necessary to convey his meaning.

This bites.

"...You've been marked by a pokemon straight out of myth. Your aura mirrors that. I would've noticed it before you even pulled that little stunt, had you waltzed on over here like a normal person," he remarks.

Adrian couldn't, wouldn't guess at what had marked her. She simply demonstrated a blatantly greater aura than a typical human being should, and in this case, it was darker. Melancholy, even. But it wasn't exactly his business.

"Happy now?" His hamburger called out to him, though by now it'd gone lukewarm or even cold. Did they have a microwave on this damned sealab-thing?
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,409 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 2:06:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Happy now? Mm. No."

"First off, I’m not a normal person.”
Her lips pursed and skewed on her face. “And I don’t usually like talking to people.” It was matter-of-fact. This was why she didn’t walk the halls. This was why she traveled in shadow. Not shy, clearly—just awkward, unabashedly rude direct, and mostly antisocial. Drawn out of her laboratory hole by the rare opportunity to actually relate to someone, maybe.

“It's Darkrai.” Plainly.

“I’m surprised you haven’t heard, really. It’s been with us for a while.”

She wanted to ask about Yveltal, but it seemed to be a touchy subject—literally. Her eyes cut in a sort of glare that was more perplexed with how to move forward than anything else.

“I’m a head scientist here. It’s the only reason I know--just so you know.” Of his avatarship. A lie, really. It was because was her brother. Others like rarely seemed to tell Lulu things. Perhaps it was because she had proved herself a bit volatile, senses waning with lack of sleep among an array of personal consequences.

Maybe they’d keep her put away and working on the machines, for now. Maybe that was for the best.

“I didn’t realize it was a secret.” She shrugged. Didn’t mean to offend.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 7:47:11 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Then there would be no pleasing Lulu. He would only listen and wait for a moment to interject as she shared with him the source of her augmented aura. Darkrai was something he'd grown up hearing about in children's tales.

So he figured it wasn't entirely unlike Yveltal in that it had malevolent tendencies, if only out of necessity.

"I only just boarded today, so I haven't heard much." Gavin had been prepping him for induction for quite some time now, but it had only recently come into light just how useful he may prove—if he wasn't so unwieldy.

"I guess that's demonstrative of some discretion." It must've been quite the achievement. He doubted his involvement would ever amount to anything of the sort. All he hoped for was a rather uneventful tenure, however unlikely. But it would offer him a chance at revenge that had been denied him up until now.

Or so was his hope when he'd become indebted.

As she admitted in earnest, she hadn't known it was meant to be kept secretive, he reconsidered about why he even wanted it kept privy to begin with. It was the fear of the repercussions for the transgressions carried out with Yveltal's blessing. Yet with Gavin's intervention, was he not free of that burden? Could he not ease his worrying?

"It's because of what it made me do..."

Guilt and shame weigh heavy on his shoulders as he averts his eyes once more. Speaking of the subject matter any further would only disturb him further, as he repressed these memories as best he could. Were it not for Yveltal's intervention, he would have never carried out such heinous crimes. In a way, it had really been Yveltal who'd done the deed, for just as sure as Adrian had facilitated the act, Yveltal had sown the seeds of cessation.

"I should be behind bars. Gavin spared me that."

It wasn't like he wanted to do it. But his world had lost its luster, and at a time that he'd been so stricken with grief, he was willing to do nearly anything at a chance for redemption, and perhaps—perhaps something even more.

Something that ended up being impossible, or so seeming.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,409 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 13:01:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
that was fair. the sub was a lot to take in, as was the hijacking of one’s life into the ranks of a criminal organization. she had not had such an experience. lulu had sought out her affiliation.

about discretion, she nodded lightly, affirming. lulu was good with secrets. well… generally.

what had it made him do, exactly? gavin hadn’t told her in enough detail to understand—not to the extent that she wanted. but, if the cafeteria wasn’t the place to mention his avatarship, it surely wasn’t the place to ask further questions about it.

so she’d let him lead from here.

’i should be behind bars.’

amber eyes went to her hands, briefly.

”well. you’re in good company, now. and don’t tell yourself that, eh? won’t do you any good.”

”we’d break you out anyways.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 6:08:35 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"...Right. Thanks, I think."

In her own way, she was supportive.

Poking at the remnants of his meal, Adrian cast a weary glance at Lulu. Although the tone of their dynamic had shifted, he was no less exhausted by it all, drained of his usual charisma. And yet... "So, what do you do here? As head scientist, I mean." While it wasn't the most intriguing thing to him, finding his place in their ranks while avoiding the more hazardous tasks would be ideal.

Perhaps some of their projects would hold his interest. Propping an elbow against the table and resting his chin in his palm, he surrendered his attention to Lulu.