Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:12:29 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
By now, he wasn't even taking things serious.

Every loss stung him keenly, yes, but it was now an opportunity to learn and adapt. Moreover every opponent offered another person to add to his social network; at least if they proved interesting. He had particular tastes in that regard, however.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:19:38 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Another day another battle.

Garchomp at his side, the duo prepared to face whatever Adrian brought to the table. How many Rockets had he fought at this point? Too many.

"Whenever you're ready."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:25:21 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Sure thing." Adrian would unleash a Honedge from its pokeball, appearing at center field in direct opposition of the Garchomp. Though an admittedly awful match up, he had a trick or two up his sleeve. Too bad he lacked the appropriate coverage moves. If he were back at Rustboro Academy, he would be getting chastised right now.

"Iron Head." Twirling deftly forward, the tassel flowing from its hilt proved distracting, allowing it to close the gap before striking it hard with a jab from its pommel.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:20:34 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"Honedge?"

The match-up hardly seemed fair. Adrian had stronger Pokemon, didn't he? Ones capable of matching the ferocious might of a Garchomp. Still, best not to underestimate the opponent simply because it was small.

Pummel taps hard against Garchomp's head, and while damaging, only succeeds in angering the dragon. Flames engulf razor-sharp teeth as his head snapped forward. Fire Fangs poised to sink into the haunted sword.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:32:43 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Yeah. I enjoy 'em, and it needs the experience."

It cannot be seen on the surface, but the Honedge is changed, altered by a pervading dark aura that clings to Adrian. The length of its steel body is saturated with it, consuming it; Honedge becomes DARK/GHOST type as a result. The fangs do not find purchase where once they might have, but the attack is still gruesome.

The tassel flourishes before Garchomp like a matador's cape, mesmerizing movements that disrupt focus before the cloth all at once tries to ensnare the dragon via the neck before attempting to hurl it some distance with a sudden, jolting tug to swing it.

BRUTAL SWING.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:52:40 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"Hmm."

That should have done more damage. Perhaps this little sword was stronger than Killian gave it credit for, after all.

The flourishing sway of Honedge's cloth is an annoyance. One that works as intended to distract Garchomp from the blade's true purpose. Before he knew it, the shark was being flung across the sand. Impacting the ground hard, Garchomp stood.

A mighty roar calls forth a harrowing Sandstorm that is used like a Sand Veil against any future attacks.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:17:34 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
The sandstorm pelts Honedge's brittle edge now that it has lost its primary typing, blunting the instrument and obscuring the sunlight, further limiting the scope of its offense. Where once the land shark was an easily acquired, visible target, it now skulked through the detritus in a blur of motion.

"Blast it away; PSYCHO CUT." Psychokinetic energy gathers along the blade's edge before a slash sends it carving through the sandstorm, racing forward in a brilliant pink hue. For a mercy it catches a fleeting glimpse of the Garchomp through the silica storm before the sandstorm closes in all around it once more.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:29:09 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Psionic energy tears into Garchomp's scaly hide. The sands below are spattered with streaks of crimson, and the dragon growls. The hungry eyes of a predator narrow in on Honedge through the storm.

Earthquake disrupts the ground with a powerful quake that launches up pillars of harden grains. They aim to baffle and beat the sword into submission..

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:32:45 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
The sword begins to tremble, though whether this is from weakness or the aura's effects wearing off remain unclear, but it is the slabs of sandstone jutting from the earth that breathe life into the former. Collapsing towards the ground, the sword quivers for some time before going still. "Uh... is that all?"

Its tassel pushed against the ground like an outstretched arm, lifting the instrument.

"Guess not." But then it fell over again. Oh, brother...

"I think that's it, mate," Adrian calls out to the other trainer. "A bit anticlimactic, if you ask me." Adrian begins pacing over towards them once the dust settles, one hand stroking the back of his head while the other is held out for a handshake.

"Thanks for the battle, man. 'M Adrian."

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 17:16:18 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
What a quick battle. The fastest one Killian's had this entire tournament. He returned his Garchomp as the raging storm around them died down. An eyebrow arched as Adrian approached and introduced himself.

Taking the offered hand, Killian shook it firmly. "Do you not know who I am?" he should be offended, but honestly, he wasn't. "We work for the same organization." the public nature of the tournament meant being vague.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 6:56:52 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He managed a quizzical frown before synapses began firing off.

"I've never met you in my life. Whaddaya expect, a red carpet?"

There was no way in Hell he was going to remember everyone who was now technically one of his coworkers. As far as he was concerned, the less he knew, the better. Though he would've liked to leave a better impression than that, it was genuine to his character.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 7:12:09 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"No, but I expect you to have a little more respect when speaking to one of your superiors." The words leave his lips casually, but the edge to them is unmistakable. "Killian, admin." he added. Weird, Killian hadn't met a Rocket ignorant of his role before Adrian.

Did that say more about the man before him or Killian's presence in the organization?

A slight frown edged at his lips. "Anyway," shoulders shrugged "Your Honedge, it's tougher than I expected. That fire fang should have caused some serious damage. You sure it needed experience?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 7:41:45 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian wore a ludicrous expression at the drop of the word superior, but his stare went cold and indifferent when they emphasized the word admin to him. Oh, he's serious. Gavin had roped him into this sh#t against his better judgement, and he wasn't about to go around kissing ass all day. "Killian, look, you seem a decent guy, and I hate to fuckin' shit in your cornflakes," Adrian's voice rose the more testy he got. "But you're not gonna talk to me like that, whoever the f#ck you imagine yourself to be."

He would've liked not for things to become so tense, but first impressions were a b#tch sometimes, and he wasn't about to get walked over by every chuckle f#ck in this organization with a title to their name. Because they were a dime a dozen.

After cooling his jets for a second, he deigned to answer the follow up question. "I don't intend to let it evolve, so I gotta be harder on it than most," he informs them while carefully ignoring the latter half of the question. "But thanks for the compliment."
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 7:59:12 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"Hmm? Killian arched a brow, the outburst provoking a light chuckle as octaves began to rise. "You should work on that temper" tiny, compact balls of pressure pushed on his shoulders. Imaginary, a shrug sent them rolling down his back. One in particular settled into a tight knot at the nape of his neck.

"But noted, you watch your tongue and I'll watch mine." right-side up went his frown. A friendly smile plastered across otherwise stoic features. He stashed this encounter in his back pocket. Adrian's quick rise to anger a useful bit of information for the future.

"You're welcome." he nodded, arms folding over his chest. "But you didn't answer the other half of my question." did he think Killian wouldn't notice?

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
fraternizing [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:32:48 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Hmm? Oh, that." Adrian feigned curiosity, scratching at his chin as a ruse before pretending to have a eureka moment. "Maybe Garchomp hesitated biting down on a literal sword?" In hindsight that seemed a pretty reasonable assumption. It would've been a self-inflicted Glasgow smile if it wasn't careful around the edges...

Adrian casts a glance around the beach, eyeing up prospective matches.

"Hey, I gotta go. Cya around," although he wasn't particularly hoping for it.