Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:37:20 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Alright bud, let's see whatcha got." The Electrike chomping at his shoes yipped excitedly, following him down along the beach fervently when it wasn't distracted by another dog. He'd just picked it up from a shelter drive on the boardwalk, and he needed to assess its potential before he sent it on any PokeJobs.

As he's sifting through the crowd, his gaze eventually lingers on a memorable aura. "Lulu?" He called out to her, crossing the beach while being tailed by a set of pawprints close on his heels. "You battlin' in the tournament?" It ws the perfect opportunity.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 10:38:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu turned to reveal a bandaged face, likely the result of her night at the bar which had been witness to. It took her a moment to realize where the voice was coming from, and then spotted him in the crowd.

“Oh, hey! Yeah. Why, want a battle?”

Amber eyes took on a look of friendly competitiveness, smirking. Here it was. An opportunity to assert dominance as 's older sister to his significant other, and perhaps simultaneously redeem herself for her drunken foolishness--somehow.

Sweet.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 10:45:33 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Yeah, I gotta give this guy a test run." Adrian tilted his head towards the Electrike, which wouldn't stop yipping at them both excitedly. It was just happy to be there, after living in a cage for who knows how long. "You up for it?"

Adrian wasn't sure how seriously Lulu took battling, being a Head Scientist, but he would've liked to believe she wouldn't punish the pup with anything it couldn't handle. Of course, he'd have to wait to verify that presumption.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 10:57:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu looked down at the Electrike and her smile went flat. Well, this wasn’t the opportunity she’d been hoping for. Oh well. Fuck it.

“Okay. I’ve got uhhhhh…” She reached for a pokeball, holding it up with a few fingers. “Mankey.”

It was released, and immediately began bouncing around, knowing a dual was imminent. It pounded fists together and glared at the dog angrily for no reason.

Lulu looked down at it and then back to Adrian, assessing his reaction and clearly expecting approval.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 11:09:47 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Yeah, that should be great." Adrian knew a Mankey could prove troublesome, perhaps even dangerous, but it wasn't inherently disadvantageous. There was room for them to relax with this match up. "You ready, buddy?"

Its tail had never wagged so much; it looked read to take off in flight.

Taking a few steps back, Adrian hoped to give Lulu and her Mankey some room before starting the battle. "Alright bud, let's get started." This little guy was starting to warm his heart, making him feel like a kid with his first Growlithe all over again. The Electrike gave a modest awoooooooo, raising its head and HOWLING into the barren sky.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:17:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Mankey was aggressive.

Lulu began to cross the field. “Come on.” She called to her Mankey, but it looked too ready. It sprang, quickly breaking any distance they’d made in the time of its short consideration; arms raised threateningly.

Just as the scientist turned, she saw the Pokemon already swimming out to cut the HOWLING short with an overzealous KARATE CHOP to the throat.

The scientist watched with brows a little high, surprised, though her lingering smirk was hardly removed by her Pokemon's brutality.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:55:29 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
When it struck the Electrike, the creature's fur released a static DISCHARGE, giving the Mankey a sharp jolt as the canine staggered backwards, rattled and choked up by the blow to its wind pipe. That wasn't very nice. It decided to keep its body low to the ground thereafter, skulking as if hiding in the undergrowth of a wooded area.

Too bad they were fighting on a barren stretch of Slateport's beachfront.

"Watch it!" Electrike needed to focus up to avoid any sudden blows.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:02:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The Mankey gave a loud, startled shriek at the DISCHARGE which jolted it through to its core. Still, however, it seemed it had not been enough to paralyze, as it hopped about, only seeming more enraged by the retaliation.

Mankey cackled at the dog as it hunkered down towards the ground in an attempt to hide. It got close again, and rounded, sweeping a leg towards the Electrike with a LOW KICK.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:36:47 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Electrike was swept off its feet, landing on its back and kicking, thrashing at the air while it tried to upright itself. Although it would not reach, its gnashing teeth snapped at Mankey, its ICE FANGS apparently by the chilling mist trickling out of its snarling maw. Once it managed to roll over onto its side, champing teeth lurched forward, hoping to find purchase on the pig monkey's scrawny legs.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 7:00:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Another loud, grating shriek was given from the scrawny-legged pig monkey. Immediately, its legs FROZE. However, it was not giving up so easily. The sun was burning. It would melt. It was not finished yet.

Crazed, one of its free arms reached out to grab the dog by the leg so as to not let it leave. Hoping to find the poor mutt in its grasp, it then unleashed its OUTRAGE.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 7:32:19 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Mankey's fist clenched with a crushing force, meting a yelp out of the alarmed Electrike before it attempted to scamper off and away from the fight, its WILD CHARGE sending a jolt up Mankey's arm and allowing it to flee the scene. It ended up running up to Adrian, hiding behind his legs and staring at the Mankey distrustfully, soft whimpers escaping its trembling form. "Aw, I'm sorry buddy..."

Adrian shot a look towards Lulu, alerting her they were finished. He'd kneel down and take the pokemon up into his caress, scratching at the tuft of fur along its brow. But he wasn't quite finished. "Hey, Lulu... So, I ran into Priam recently..."

The strange Braviary came to mind, eliciting a violent response from Yveltal.

"What all can you tell me about the labs?" Maybe he'd have to be more specific.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 8:44:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Mankey was promptly returned to its ball as the dog fled. While the pokemon proved vaguely amusing, Lulu was mostly disinterested in this battle in particular—perhaps only due to the disappointment that she’d not been challenged with something more powerful. Adrian was holding out, and she wasn’t sure what that meant.

His question caught her off guard, and she looked at him as though he were dim-witted.

“Wha—you serious?” She glanced around for a moment. “I can tell you we should talk somewhere else.”

But she was definitely curious, now.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 9:00:29 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian rolled his eyes aggressively. "Oh, come on; nobody here's going to give a damn..." He'd yet to say anything out of the ordinary. It wasn't like Rocket had exclusivity on owning a lab or two. But he heeded her warning, and he attempted to guide them somewhere away from prying eyes before continuing his question.

"Can a shadow pokemon really be made in a lab?" Adrian had seen them, but understood them to be a byproduct of the Megalopolan invasion and nothing more than a blight upon the natives when the invasive Ultra Beasts began contaminating the environment. What he'd learned was beginning to challenge his preconceptions.

More pressing than all of this, however, he wanted to know how and why Priam's Braviary shared traits with Yveltal. He refused to believe that was mere happenstance.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 9:28:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She allowed herself to be led away to somewhere less crowded, and when he asked his question, she merely stared.

Stared some more, and then raised her eyebrows and ducked her chin a bit, as though this might work just as well as words.

If he was perceptive, maybe her body language would read: ‘What do you think? Fuck yeah, Malcolm.’ But Lulu was paranoid as hell, and there was no way that she would utter anything of the sort in such an environment.

Not to mention, what if Fernando Silph was reading her mind at that very instant?

Nope!

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
icebreaker [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 9:33:35 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"..."

Adrian wasn't satisfied with her silence, but chose not to press her any further while they were out in the open. Clearly that bothered her much more than it did him, though he took it to mean the subject must've been secretive even by Rocket standards. With a heavy sigh he began to slink away, almost storming off. "We'll talk later..."