3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 2:13:37 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Several missed calls, unread text messages, an itch in her fingers to check her phone.[break][break]

And then her thumb hovers the call button- but this time, it isn't name that comes up. She sucks in a breath, bites the inside of her cheek, and tabs her thumb against the call button on the screen. It flicks, changing to a dial, and she hesitates as the first ring vibrates through her palm.[break][break]

Whether or not he answers doesn't matter, she's gotten really good at leaving voicemails lately.[break][break]

"Hey, uh.."[break][break]

Or maybe she hasn't.[break][break]

"Just.. checking in, I guess. Haven't heard from you since everyone made it out off of Mt. Chimney. Crazy shit. I'm coming by. Yeah.. yeah- see you soon. Bye."[break][break]

If he had picked up, she speaks over him as if she's hit voicemail. Her voice is hurried, her thoughts muddled and distracted and stressed. There is something else on her mind, evidently. Stormy ends the call abruptly and tucks her phone into her pocket.[break][break]

"... Shit."[break][break]

Ten or twenty minutes later, she knocks at his front door.

[attr="class","ooc"] tagged

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".stormy"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy"]--accent:#7AA3CB; --speech:#D49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/1mzydT5/stormy-post4.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 2:51:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GROUDON DEBRIEF

UNEARTHED TEMPTATIONS GROUNDED WITH HEAT

FERNANDO DOESN’T PICK UP. He seldom does. The off chance someone actually makes it through enough rings for him to pick up is a roll of the dice. Stormy’s attempt ends with a curt voicemail with Fernando’s voice.

Her name flickers across his phone screen but he ignores it from across the room. A strained grunt leaves his throat as he listen to the voicemail play out over his speakerphone.

Tch.

His exhale betrays his exasperation. He’s not expecting guests. The sudden visit leaves him in a rush to hurry up his current task, dashing subtle clues in the normalcy of his apartment decor. His walls hang empty, devoid of personal affects. It’s straight out of a furniture catalogue.

The door opens at her bequest. Hints of perspiration sit where his hair meets his forehead. Messily put together shirt buttons line his torso with ill-formed wrinkles. HIs eyes narrow, pointedly.

Bronwen.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 3:12:45 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

She is bold. Exhausted. Lonely. Unsure if it is grief weighing heavily in her chest or fear. When the door opens and she finds him standing there, waiting, with all of the signs that point to him being unprepared and flustered- she steps through the door to lean her cheek against his chest.[break][break]

The moment is fleeting, as she ultimately catches herself to pull away and step aside and allow him to close the door. But for a moment, it had been enough. [break][break]

"Are you in the middle of something?"[break][break]

Her attention only now chooses to fully look him over. The beads of sweat hidden barely behind his hairline- the messy shirt, wrinkled in places that suggested he may have just pulled it from the line without ironing it first. Was one of his buttons not done up? [break][break]

"Uhh.. hi."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".stormy"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/1mzydT5/stormy-post4.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 3:25:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GROUDON DEBRIEF

HOW SHE FINDS HERSELF ENRAPTURED BY HIM, he’ll never understand. What they share goes beyond his comprehension. The awkward tie-in with Fernando’s own ideal perception of himself keeps her at arm’s length. Public images are guarded behind neglect. His own admiration for her growth wavers in his uncertainty.

Not quite.

He runs a hand through his hair, fingers feeling the moisture of his own exhaustion, as he clears the way inside. He has no doubt she’s here to stay well beyond her welcome. He’s grown used to it.

What did you want, Bronwen?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 4:35:44 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Her attachment to him is something that she does not even fully understand. It is as much a sickening feeling as it is a beacon of hope. He, unlike everyone else in her life, continued to stand rooted, unwavering, permanent.[break][break]

"Huh.. okay."[break][break]

Stormy glances about the room idly, unsurprised by the continued lack of personal belongings. It felt normal, felt real, to see that nothing had changed. That despite the turmoil, the fear, the war, the ash that had given them a second skin- it had been just as easy to wash it off and resume. [break][break]

"I have troubling information that I think is important you know about."[break][break]

She forces her voice to carry, to not be as small as she feels in this moment. To be stronger than the little girl she sees herself reflecting. From here she catches a reflection of herself behind him, a wilted young woman in the presence of wide shoulders and stiff posture. A child, begging for someone to help her up and out of the rubble.[break][break]

"Sootopolis may have been my fault."[break][break]

It was impossible but the burden weighs on her anyway. She hadn't known about Rocket's takeover, Miles had never told her. Part of her wonders, reasons, wills it to be that he hadn't known about it either. But she was grasping at straws because there was no answer on the other side of the phone.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 4:41:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GROUDON DEBRIEF

OF COURSE. Trouble always finds its way back to him well after the fact. It all falls into the bucket that he carries across his shoulders, hands hoisted up, bundled by a single stick that leaves him crucified in his own sense of responsibility.

How so?

Many things went wrong with Sootopolis. Of them, Stormy is at the bottom of the list. Even if her piece in it predates the ‘invasion’, he can’t make out the connection without further detail.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 4:54:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

There is a burning in her chest, one consisting of guilt and of pain- trickles of anger and distress.[break][break]

"I am- I was-- involved with a man who told me that he was one of Rocket's head scientists."[break][break]

Just admitting it out loud felt like a betrayal of his trust in her. His confession had been something they were to tackle together, something they would overcome together. But silence speaks volumes, and her taste in men had continuously proven to be poor. So she can only assume the worst.[break][break]

"There is a chance that I should have known about their attempt to take Sootopolis, and I neglected to say anything. I kept his affiliation with them a secret."[break][break]

And there she begins to wilt just slightly. Her shoulders sink and her confidence wavers just enough.[break][break]

"I'm sorry."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:07:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GROUDON DEBRIEF

“INVOLVED HOW?”

Words left vague are open to interpretation. To shoulder the guilt of a Rocket invasion requires precise accountability. He puts one and one together but they don’t necessarily correlate. Everyone else will surely point fingers but Fernando is not everyone else.

He saves his accusations for when they’re needed—when they sting best.

He understands this because he is in the same boat. His affiliation with and prove risky on paper. But he runs the numbers, calculates according to the gameboard, and stands behind his return on investment.

Katherine is near full proof. At worst, she’s disposable.

Lulu proves the riskier of the two but his alibi is as tightly knit as her newfound hate.

The difference is that Fernando refrains. Not because secrets are best kept sealed, but because he keeps his weapons wound close to his heart. The same heart he keeps away from the rest of the world.

A chance doesn’t mean you knew. Did you or did you not know Team Rocket was going to invade Sootopolis?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:14:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Romantically.. involved.."[break][break]

Was that the bitter taste of guilt? To confess something so mundane, something that ordinarily wouldn't matter stings fiercely as if she has been unfaithful. As if she owes the man in front of her an apology he doesn't want nor need.[break][break]

She has no idea the connections Fernando has made with members of Rocket, no idea the magnitude of his actions or the heaviness of his hand. She believes herself the only one at fault, the only one who has stepped out of line, who has brought shame. She had had no ulterior motive, no drive other than the burn of passion in the pit of her stomach.[break][break]

And now the burn of regret.[break][break]

Not for the first time, Fernando speaks purposefully, asks exactly what he needs to know and for what she isn't spitting out. The fish-hook has found soft skin and it intends to flay, but instead it slips through as though she were made of jelly.[break][break]

"I-- no. No, I didn't. But maybe I should have."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:20:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GROUDON DEBRIEF

LOVE.

Typical. A single word that weighs so heavily for some proves no more fickle than a discarded toy to others. He could rebuff her for her shortcomings if the conversation didn’t hold a more important purpose. Reveling in his own haughtiness can wait.

What makes you say that?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:26:39 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Because Rocket is evil."[break][break]

Though perhaps that isn't exactly true - merely driven by ideals that did not align with the League. But their intent lead to cruelty and to pain, using fear and anger as motivators for their goals.[break][break]

"Because I wanted to trust him, and now he's missing."[break][break]

And maybe it was a coincidence. Maybe he hadn't turned on her, maybe he hadn't lied to her about anything he had said. Maybe he was dead.[break][break]

"I should have said something- should have turned him in- should have some something."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:31:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GROUDON DEBRIEF

“BUT YOU DIDN’T.”

There is no compassion in his words. Nor malice. Just a cutthroat grimness that paints their reality for what it is—done. No amount of regret or reproach will change what could have been. It’s too late now.

Why?

A single question that dictates the branch this conversation flows.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:35:48 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"I thought he was different."[break][break]

And he had been.[break][break]

"And I was wrong."[break][break]

There is finality in it, a decision made, a choice hard-swallowed. [break][break]

"His name is Miles Sharp, and he hated the Silph name with a burning passion."[break][break]

But he hadn't hated her.[break][break]

"But he said that he loved me."[break][break]

And really, that was all it had taken - was for someone to tell her that they loved her.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 6:45:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GROUDON DEBRIEF

A name Fernando will commit to memory until he wrings it dry. No detail proves too small when dealing with someone brazen enough to decry his surname while sampling from the Silph’s selection. The hypocrisy of it all makes him ill.

Do you consider them family?

Sudden cuts make the conversation quick. Little time to think. Only raw, honest responses.

, , , Cecilia?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
groudon debrief [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 6:53:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The bite of his ask is met with a blink, a moment of confusion, a pause that only lasts a moment before he continues. His elaboration leaves her mouth dry and her chest tight, but he requests an answer and he watches her, his scrutiny intense.[break][break]

"No."[break][break]

She's never truly considered any of them family - not in the way that she should. Not in the way that was expected of her having been raised alongside them as siblings. She had been, of her own accord and persistence, a black sheep among the cookie-cutter white fleeced flock that her adopted parents had hand-picked.[break][break]

And she had learned early on that secrets shared between the Silph's were never truly kept- and so she had stopped sharing them with the likes of the people who shared her last name.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]