part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 13:49:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HAIDILAO

A BROTH THAT BURNS FROM THE HEART

EVENTUALLY, FERNANDO REMOVES THE NOODLE. He glares at it for a good moment before balling it up and aiming a perfect pitch at . No way he’ll cook or even entertain eating it now.

Well, go on, let’s eat.

The spicy boil on his end of the table gets a good swish of the ladle. Bubbles boil and Fernando picks some of the fattier cuts to cook first. The longer they melt the more the marbling bleed into the soup. Helps trim the fat into a more digestible level.

The Gogoat shanks are very good. I didn’t realize how compatible a Galarian diet was with Kantonian cuisine.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 14:50:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of the City in the Crater, his lips drew themselves into the thinnest possible line he could make it go. That was a mess and a half and he did not want to relive it all over again.

He had some choice words that he wanted to say, however the thin line remained on his face before his own eyebrows went up and he heard break out into a momentary fit of laughter.

Wondering what was up, he glanced around the table—

And saw that none other than himself had gotten noodle’d in the face by no less.

The thin line remained on his lips, even though deep inside the back of his head he was already cackling like a madman (and so was the deity).

Somehow, being ‘the Composed’ really played too well in this situation.

“Monsters is an understatement there,” he remarked quietly after Kaida’s statement. “A… ‘warped’ Lugia was bad enough as it was, and then adding Darkrai to the mix as well? It’s a miracle we made it out alive and out of there in one piece.”

He then returned his attention to the bowl of rice in front of him, snatching up a few cooked pieces of meat before continuing to eat in silence.

@ tags mentioned

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 16:53:33 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"there's a general rise in anti-league sentiment everywhere."

cait acknowledged 's words after ordering a house salad for herself. there was a smile upon her lips, a titter having escaped her in the aftermath of 's and 's interaction.

"
portions of the civilian population are launching peaceful protests in small numbers at the moment that demand change. they make up for their lack of physical presence with an online one. social media has also been abuzz with propaganda that not only openly critiques the league but the council as well."

the woman returned her menu to the waiter, giving the sharply-dressed worker a nod.

"
religious leaders all over the world also consider the AQUA initiative to be blasphemous - and their followers more often than naught agree."

cait had omitted the fact that she was partially responsible for riling the leaders into publicly adopting such stances. she had been discreet in the action, following her orders handed down to her by silph company without question.

"
enlistment has suffered somewhat from the recent tide of events. i wouldn't be surprised if more youths take to joining team rocket instead."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 17:13:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug's frown seemed to only deepen as shared the news. The anti-league sentiment in Sootopolis had been sharp and abrupt, but a slower, more insidious sentiment continued to grow nonetheless in several other cities as well.

Doug gripped the bridge of his nose, breathing out slowly.

"Just Great. Slateport is happening all over again and the sole, shared braincell of the Hoenn masses has them cheering it on." He hated religion, and he hated this country. He lifted his hand as a waiter came back. "Beer. Bring me a beer, or wine, or whatever you have here. Please."

TAG: @
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 18:36:41 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida had thoroughly looked away from the noodled , taking initiative into cooking her own food...perhaps a little cluelessly. She listened in the back of her mind as she loaded rice and meat onto her plate, but couldn't help but let out a snort at 's words. Humans trying to decide what Pokemon, or even the gods, were thinking? Ridiculous. "If the gods don't care about this...AQUA, I don't see why humans should." Wouldn't the gods break it apart if it was so blasphemous?

She drooped a little at words, grumbling out, "Not all of us." That brave Machamp had suffered fatally helping them. If anything, the woman seemed more sad about that Pokemon than she did about most human problems. Trying to chase off the dour feeling, she tilted her head at , "Do not drink too much...we all have to go home after this." Really, she'd be fine taking any person home, but acting as the packleader always helped her chase away negativity. You couldn't be sad if you were too concerned over everyone else, right?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 19:47:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait turned her gaze toward , a frown tugging at the corners of her lips. 

"
arceus gave us 'freewill' to do as we please while we remain among the living. AQUA is a largely human action. and humans often judge others for their behavior. heavy-handed intervention would only rob us of that free-will."

the woman shook her head.

"
the church believes that the avatars and their respective gods should dictate their own actions. they should not openly bend the knee to the government nor be bound by an earthly contract. it goes against quite a few scriptures."

her green-eyed gaze shifted toward those at the table. 

"
but regardless of your personal beliefs, you must be aware that religious leaders hold some power over their flocks. as for the civilian populace's shifting opinion, you need to understand - the league has stumbled far too often and made their mistakes easily known. people are afraid for themselves as well as their families. if team rocket can potentially offer them a way to secure their futures and keep their people safe... they just might be tempted."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 20:04:48 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Why do I bother risking my life for these people?" Doug asked bluntly, grabbing his beer as it was brought to him.

Rocket, 'offering a better future'? Did they forget that the violence the world knew now only came to be because of them? Did the fact that the first instance of pokemon being used as weapons came from Rocket escape their memory?

Oh, who was he kidding.

What memory? The people of Hoenn had the hindsight of an Alzheimer's patient. At least Mauville hadn't been infected with whatever stupidity had caught onto Sootopolis like wildfire just yet.

Just yet.

He threw back the beer like a shot, putting it on the table a moment later before gesturing to his waiter.

"Keep'em coming. Thanks." He muttered before grabbing some of the Gogoat shanks and putting them to cook, following Fernando's lead.

He was hungry, and he was getting angry. He had to deal with either one or the other before hangry Doug awakened.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 20:18:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait's features lightly creased with worry as she observed quickly develop a need for alcohol. it would likely dull the sharp edges of his mind, effectively distracting him from a reality that was far from pleasant. 

"isn't one enough, john?"

her voice was soft, barely above a whisper as to not be caught by anyone else but him. 

'it's bad enough he's drinking in the first place.'

if she had any right she'd happily take the bottle away, but she kept her hands within her lap - the fingers curled tightly and digging into her palms. her gaze momentarily flitted toward , the pregnant woman having greeted her earlier with a pleased nod. but the girl's presence was oddly subdued, which was unusual. 

'something's wrong.'

she just wondered what that something was. 

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 23:07:51 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The moment the noodle made contact, Kim fell silent, his lips pursing as he observed Fernando; what he could only describe as a laugh echoing from the mans mouth.

That is the worst laugh I’ve ever heard, holy shit.

The councilman releases the noodles and goes for his phone, pulling it out and opening the camera.

Hold still.

Putting an arm around , Kim strikes a peace sign with his free hand as he snaps a selfie with the both of them.

Perfect.

Kim says, releasing his hold as he pulls away from the man, forgetting the noodles on the Silph’s face. Until they were launched his way, Kim forced to catch the ball with his free hand, circling it with his eyes as he put away his phone.

I could probably sell this off to some Fern fans for a couple bucks.

He slaps the ball onto the table as he nears his seat, posting the picture onto his twitter.

Upon hearing the discussions Kim tilted his head up slightly, sighing as he put the phone away.

Damn, y’all really know how to bring the fun to a dinner party huh?

There is not the slightest hint of subtlety in his voice when speaking.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 23:45:13 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Shaking her head, Kaida decided herself the protector, responsible for taking home any...incapacitated people (she knew enough that people loved to drink when upset, and she doubted would be the only drinker). Out loud she mumbled at , "Oh. So they're idiots?" She sneered, "We did win a war for them, but human memory means nothing, I suppose." Her? She couldn't imagine being a part of an organization that harmed Pokemon, but she didn't voice that opinion. It wasn't an opinion everyone had, despite her irritation at the fact.

"I'm sorry." She seemed genuine in her apology towards , bowing her head slightly before continuing, "Fun for me would be nobody talking." Was, was that a joke made by the woman?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 0:38:19 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Amber eyes light up as his hands claps together, the idea Kaida presented, whether it was a joke or otherwise, was a fantastic one all in all.

Excellent idea! Alright everyone, lets see who can go the longest without talking. I’ll directly send $500 to the account of whoever wins. Ready GO!

Within seconds of issuing the challenge, Kim question aloud.

Wait if I win does that mean I get $500?

A question rendered moot with him immediately being removed from the game.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 1:55:13 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","one"]
A SOMBER DINNER...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
greyson gives a nod, followed by a gentle smile.
[break][break]
"i saw your charizard out there, too. face-to-face with a legend. have to admit, it's a badass."
[break][break]
at 's behest, he continues to dig into his food.
[break][break]
but he can't help but frown, and feel anger rise within' him as he listens more intently.
[break][break]
"enough, ."
[break][break]
further rhetoric had captured his patience to the limit.
[break][break]
"you speak of protecting the people of this region in one hand, and shit all over them in the other. you're still young — so i'll ignore your ignorant remarks — but people don't do this job to be thanked. if the people are turning against the league, it's not because they're brain dead sheep, or 'sharing one braincell' as you so eloquently called it."
[break][break]
a tremor in his hand indicates the adrenaline rush that surges in behind his anger.
[break][break]
"perhaps they're tired of the people in charge — people like you — treating them like little more than cannon fodder while you pursue glory."

[newclass=.one]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.one ]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.one .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/Df4qDhD/greysonlong5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 2:15:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Is yer age and experience what led you to talk out yer ass, Mr. Greyson, or did you find some doctored after action report somewhere? The only people being used as cannon fodder out there were us." Doug said bluntly. "Don't talk to me about glory. Kantonians know better than anyone there's none in a battlefield."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 2:35:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","one"]
A SOMBER DINNER...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"that 'age' and 'experience' is the only thing keeping me from reaching across this table and making you a permanent addition to it."
[break][break]
anger rises in him, the likes of which he's rarely felt.
[break][break]
"let's get something straight. you don't like the job? quit. you're as replaceable as i am when it comes down to it. but, you're not going to sit in front of me, and insult the people of this region, the likes of which include people i care about, because you want to throw a tantrum."
[break][break]
his lip curls in disgust.
[break][break]
"if you're talking like this, openly, in front of people who are very clearly your superiors, i can only imagine the shit you say in front of civilians, or worse, those under your charge."

[newclass=.one .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.one ]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.one .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.one .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/Df4qDhD/greysonlong5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
HAIDILAO
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 2:52:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
People Doug cared about had died in Sootopolis, and the citizens had cheered loudly to it. People he could have saved if he had focused on helping his soldiers instead of trying to evacuate people who were now loudly complaining they had been helped. But he supposed that didn't matter, so long as someone got to feel rightously angry.

Well, Doug was also feeling self-righteous, he had to admit. Greyson wasn't just talking out of his ass this time.

"... Yer right. I should not generalize the people of this region. " He said after a moment, gripping the bridge of his nose before releasing it with a sigh. "My apologies."

He reached over for another beer. Then, he blinked, remembering what said, as well as his roaring temper the entire night, before awkwardly placing it back where he found it.

"Maybe I've had enough."