Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
For Want of a Nail [OPEN]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 23:31:26 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The sun had disappeared behind the trees of Mt. Pyre casting long shadows where the trees thinned. Dark strips laid across the little portable that filled 's camp. A pink and blue frillish hovered over the garden behind it, sprinkling the plants there with drops of water. A shiny phantump snoozed atop a tervenant that stood beside a little brook that ran around behind the camp.
[break][break]
''Heat... ran...'' Bernie settled into a pooled bit of the brook and emitted enough heat to cause the water to steam up. A psyduck settled into the now bubbling pool along side an omastar and a towering dhelmise. ''Psyy... duck.'' In the grass nearby, a sableye and banette roughhoused, wrestling with the puppet getting the upper hand being this bigger pokemon.
[break][break]
Shadows out in front of the little building grew to a pool all its own and a boy with a drifblim rose from the darkness. Even when he had had two good legs, he wasn't about to walk too the way up the mountain from civilization. Teleporting or phantom force was always the preferred entry. Limping along with his cane towards the door, Andy stopped before a sprout on the ground.
[break][break]
''This thing's taking forever to grow...'' His pokemon wasn't sure how fast was right for a plant. ''Drifblim?''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

--

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 22:49:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was pretty certain it was getting late, with how the air felt like it was cooling and he was starting to get peckish for dinner. His Unown hunt hadn't been successful, but he still had some good catches to bring back. All he had to do was let out one of his Teleporting Pokemon and go back.

All he had to do was get his body out from under his Zarude's arm. Which was difficult when the giant monkey was pretty much flying through the Mt Pyre forest, swinging from tree to tree with his vines. Hideo couldn't just let a Pokemon out, as that risked them falling behind and losing track of him, so he was unfortunately at his monkey's mercy.

Hideo felt the Zarude land on the ground, and for the first time, stop. He tried to struggle out, putting his arms and legs into it, but his Pokemon's hold was too strong. "Vines, let me down," he ordered, trying the verbal route again. And with that grip refusing to loosen up, it seemed that didn't work either. And there was no knowing when he'd start swinging again, so Hideo couldn't let another Pokemon out.

Unbeknownst to him, his Zarude had stopped for a couple of reasons. The first being it hadn't simply been wandering around aimlessly - it was looking for a specific spot that it had smelled. And that spot was close.

The other being that they weren't alone; the Zarude could see a bunch of Pokemon here - and another kid. And from the sprouts he could see, that kid was here for the same exact reason he brought Hideo here.

"Come on, Vines, this isn't funny!"

At least he had some food in his backpack if he was going to be stuck out here for long.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 0:48:34 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
A Shuppet and Magnemite was out wondering around. One part playing, and one part exploring. They knew their trainer told them, and had long memorized the sound of it, that if they heard a specific whistle, to come back. Or let him know where they were at. They were enjoying their adventure when they found an area with a lot of other buddies. Including a monka. They started to meet and greet their new potential playmates. It took a few minutes, but they soon heard a sharp whistle. From the horn on her head, Shuppet unleashed a Night Shade attack skyward, not aiming at anything in particularly. Magnemite did the same with a Thundershock. But otherwise they stayed put, wanting to dance and play.

From the bushes came a blonde haired boy with amber eyes. Today, Aaron wore a lime-green tank top, a purple button up T-shirt over that, bright orange capris, and black sneakers. His outfit was almost obnoxious. The smallest of the Torals did look at one of the boys he recognized from his little Tree of Life expedition, Andy Blackadder "I see you're in much better condition than last time I saw you, crip." He looked at the other boy in a Pokemon's arm. He, or she, looked like they could use a little help. But he wasn't going to do anything until he knew for sure that they needed help. "Person in the Pokemon's arms...need help getting out, or are you good?" He was lightly amused by that. But of all people he had ran into, it was the bad mannered Andy...

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 10:36:00 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The wayward attacks drew his attention and that of his pokemon. The drifblim swiveled towards them. The two Alolan marowaks standing sentry by the doors of the cabin cast an intense glares. A cofagrigus and a runerigus glided over the grass to stand nearby their trainer. A decidueye lit on the crest of the roof. In the distance, countless eyes lined the trees.
[break][break]
While pokemon emerging from the foliage were a cause for concern, the alert level lowered when a somewhat familiar blond followed soon after. His greeting was only met with a glower. The Galarian wondered if this was one of those people whose very nature would always just rub him the wrong way. Time would tell.
[break][break]
''You got some balls rolling up into my camp talking that shit, taint biscuit. I'd find my way to a more respectful tone real quick or I can provide you with almost eighty reasons to contemplate the meaning of the phrase 'overwhelming force.''' He hadn't mouthed off to with only one limb because it would have been stupid.
[break][break]
So too would picking a fight in the middle of a trainer's largely ghost pokemom sanctuary...
[break][break]
The rustling of bushes drew the focus of the tension to another familiar face, or two. While Hideo was a surprise, it startled him more to see the boy's ... protective (?) pokemon. It was the creature from Fortree. His annoyance for the jibes at his physical ails faded, replaced by a disturbed curiosity.
[break][break]
''Bloody hell, Hideo. You show up in the damnedest places. Where the fuck did you get that thing?''

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 11:55:46 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It soon dawned on Hideo part of why his Zarude stopped here; there were other people. One that he recognized immediately, the other not so much.

He’d answer the latter ( ) first. “Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m alright,” Hideo answered, “Now that he stopped, I’m pretty sure they've almost found what they're looking for.” Whatever that was. At the very least, uncomfortable as he was, Hideo hadn’t actually been hurt by Vine’s exploratory outburst. “Vines was sniffing around while swinging, so they had to be looking for something.

He could still hear his Zarude sniffing the ground - which it was - slowly looking around the area. Which he was pretty sure was ’s camp because why else would Andy be here in the middle of Mt Pyre woods?

Not a very long story how I got Vines,” Hideo said, noticing the Zarude was steadily heading towards Andy. “After the Star Tournament, someone was giving them out. Apparently they’d had a big mating season, and they saw my performance and decided I could have one.” Not the deepest reason for getting a legendary Pokemon, but who was he to complain?

I thought letting a monkey go through a forest was a good idea, and it was.” He couldn’t think of any Pokemon he had that could fight as well as Vines did in the woods, or one that could safely move as quickly through the trees. “But he seems to have his own ideas right now.” Hideo put a fist to his cheek, safe but at the mercy of his searching Zarude.

So...you guys know each other?” Hideo asked the two other boys. From what little he overheard, they sounded like they at least knew each other, though Hideo wasn’t completely sure if Andy’s threat was legitimate or a jest.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 0:20:09 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
As soon as the other Pokemon tensed, Shuppet and Magnemite tried to calm them down, simply explaining why they did that. But they were also backing off too. Aaron, for his part, gave Andy a most unimpressed and deadpan stare. "Respect is earned, not given, and you threw basic civility out the window when we first met. Though nice to know you're no different from Team Rocket, you'd make a wonderful grunt. Now, if you want a real Pokemon battle, I'm game. But do know that I was just here to collect my little ones...still kind of shocked you didn't hear my whistle, that's why they attacked the sky, to let me know where they are." The blonde gave his Shuppet and Magnemite a small glower, making them look down in remorse for not coming back. Clearly no body language that would lead one to assume he abused them or anything. Actually, they looked well taken care of.

The other guy said that he was alright for now. The two knew each other, and now that Aaron got a better look at the guy, he knew him too. Though the name escaped him. What did Andy call the guy? Hideo? "Huh...makes me wish I'd left sooner so I could have participated in that tournament. And I recognize you now...you were that nervous kid talking to the gym leader at the Tree of Life. Had a Gardevior with you. Aaron Toral is my name." Since it seemed the guy didn't remember him. Not that it bothered him at all. In a way, Aaron liked being unknown.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 0:46:55 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Shart hound, you don't know shit about the Rockets or me.'' As for the whistle, there were a ton of woos and coos and haws on Mt. Pyre. He had long since gotten acclimated. ''If you got your pokemon you can close your dick sucker and get out of my fucking camp. There's only room for one shithead around here, and that's me.''
[break][break]
He wasn't going to suffer a thorn in his side in his own sanctuary.
[break][break]
''You can cry about that proper pokemon battle shit in a stadium. This ain't one. Keep pushing it. You'll be ejected.'' While his glare did not lighten as it shifted to Hideo, it wouldn't make much difference since it would go unnoticed. ''Someone just gave you one of those things? Rocket burned down a chunk of Fortree just trying to get one, and some jerk off was just handing them out?''
[break][break]
If it had come from anyone but Hideo...
[break][break]
''Yeah. They had their own ideas back in Fortree too...'' Came the comment on the pokemon's independence. Andy wasn't sure if it was Hideo's style or just bad luck, but the boy seemed to have issues with getting his brood to be obedient. If he was coming into more powerful creatures, that might eventually be a real cause for concern, but not one the blind boy seemed content to dwell on.
[break][break]
''We've met,'' he answered sharply as the conversation moved on.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 1:34:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Well, Hideo could certainly tell these two were not on the best of terms. Hideo was used to witnessing ’s verbal jabs, and he felt confident enough to tell when Andy was just joking around. But the way he was talking to , he could tell neither were happy to see the other.

And Hideo knew well enough who had the advantage here. It was Andy’s camp, after all, and Hideo knew he had plenty of Pokemon haunting this place.

Alright, I’ll cop to being nervous back there,” Hideo said, pointing a finger-gun towards where he heard Aaron, “But that gym leader knows me really well. And my parents. And he’s military. If he wasn’t in full support of me leaving home, he’d probably be duty-bound to bring me back or something.” He was grateful was on his side for this. If Doug wasn’t, Hideo wouldn’t even be safe here.

And I guess they were kinda given out? They said they trusted me with one because of my performance. This is my first time doing stuff with Vines, and they’re strong, but they’re kinda...” The Zarude had walked up around where the Carrot Seed sprout was, sniffing the area around it. “They’re a work in progress.” At least Vines wasn’t violent; they’d gotten along well enough with the rest of his Pokemon.

Out of nowhere, his Zarude released its hold, with Hideo plopping right on the dirt belly-first. A small drop, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

Before he could even stand, he could feel his Zarude pat his backpack - then he could hear them pat on the ground next to Andy’s sprouts. “Thanks for letting me down," Hideo muttered, not quite getting the message his Zarude was trying to send him.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 2:21:30 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Aaron rolled his eyes. Did this kid even have the balls to follow through with it? And what happened to those jabs? They sure went to shit real fast. "Well then, why don't ye great wise one educate me about dear old Rocket then. You hear a lot about them on the media and message boards. Plus my old man has some stories to tell to mom that I overheard, and even my eldest brother gives occasional updates on the Johto front. Nothing you say about them will surprise me. Oh, and you don't know anything about me either, so don't be acting like you do. Not that I'm against learning about you, but you need to simmer down. I do apologize for trespassing. Honest mistake. Though do come up with more original or at least interesting insults...taint biscuit was good, shart hound was unoriginal at best, dick sucker isn't even an insult, to be frank." He knew plenty of people would does do that, his older brother Kee for starters, and were perfectly fine. As people. Tilting his head at the camp, he did have to admit one thing. "At least you have good taste in location..." As reluctant of an admittance as it was. Mt. Pyre was a great place to look for ghost types.

Hideo explained his situation a little bit. Sheesh...for as little as he travelled, he'd been mostly safe. "Sounds like you have some overbearing parents. And I thought my mom was bad, yours sound like nightmare fuel. Good to know you're friends with Mr. Sullivan and is in full support of you. Forgive me if I'm prying, but do they have any legitimate reason for wanting to keep you home? And feel free to tell me to buzz off if you're not comfortable sharing with a complete stranger..." He took a tentative step, only to step back and look back at Andy. "You cool with me chilling with your friend in your safe space? Don't worry, even I know better than to ruin someone's home...no matter how tempting it might be..." And risky. As much of an ass as his host is being, Aaron at least, won't discard his manners. Mostly. Who knows, maybe Hideo can shed some light on this hothead. And become friends with him.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 3:24:33 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Cram your critiques. You being impressed is far from the fucking intention. You being surprised isn't my fucking concern. I know I have good taste in location, I picked it. I don't give shit one way or another about knowing your simpleton ass either.'' The de-escalation wasn't nearly enough for his liking, especially since he's told the blond to quiet down or leave.
[break][break]
Since he had done neither at this rate he was choosing violence.
[break][break]
''Go somewhere else for your decent entrainment.'' It had only been due to Hideo's presence he hadn't explelled the interloper with gusto as it stood. Hideo, bless him, tried to make nice, nonchalantly explaining the acquisition of his new pokemon as it approached his singular crop and deposited on the ground.
[break][break]
''I can see that,'' he said at his friend's mention that there was plenty of development the monkey needed. Both runerigus and cofagrigus glared tentatively, at the creature's approach. Their trainer noted the primate's curiosity. At Aaron's potential step both ghost types swiveled their attention to him, the runerigus hissed, it's rocky form unfolding to reveal the haunted tendrils between.
[break][break]
A silver shimmering mist began to emit from the Galarian boy, shades of lavender dancing through the little cloud as he glowered. Andy found some serious flaws in the other youth's hearing, in his perception of the situation. It was if he hadn't just come into his camp, called him a cripple and then wanted to argue as if he had any importance to him at all.
[break][break]
''Not yet.'' A command that wasn't for the trespassor, even if he was looking right at him. The duo coffin and rune relaxed, the mist disappeared into the darkness around him, evaporating out of sight. ''If you can learn to pipe down. Or I'm going to impress you in a number of ways you'll neither enjoy or forget. Savvy? After casting ocular daggers a moment longer his gaze dropped to Hideo.
[break][break]
''What does it want with my plant?''

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 13:32:40 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Zarude paid little mind to the Runerigus’s and Cofagrigus’s threats, preoccupied with its search. It gave the two a quick glance, but no more than that; it was not afraid of them, and it didn’t intend to start a fight. Not to mention the threats seemed aimed towards the other boy.

But from the sounds, Hideo could tell Andy’s Pokemon were getting ready to strike. And he noticed they hadn’t already done so; he knew Andy to be more decisive than that. Was something stopping him?

It gave Hideo an opportunity. “Nobody has to fight,” he said, managing to get himself up despite his Zarude still patting his bag and the ground repeatedly. “And nobody has to be throwing threats. It was just a bad first impression, alright? We don’t have to be friends, but we don’t have to be enemies either.

With that said, he could finally focus on calming his Zarude down. He didn’t have a clue what it was trying to tell him, until Andy mentioned his plant. “...oh. Ooooooh. I think I know what Vines is saying.” That was enough to get the giant monkey to stop patting him for a moment. “I was thinking about some Carrot Seeds I had on me, and I asked if Vines could find a spot to plant them. I wasn’t serious about it, but uh, I guess Vines was able to find a spot.

That answer got a smile from his Zarude, and a hair ruffle. “I, uh, I guess this is a good spot. You mind if I plant mine here?

As for the other boy’s question? Hideo started with a shrug. “Legitimate reason? Not really. They just think I can’t do anything ‘cause I’m blind, so they were gonna keep me home until I died of old age. No matter how many times I’ve proven them wrong.” Like scaling a mountain that just kept getting taller and taller the closer he got to the peak. “So now I’m gonna prove them wrong in a way they can’t ever deny.

Because how could you pretend your blind son is incompetent when he would reach the Elite Four? And beat them? And face off and beat the Champion?

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 2:45:20 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Raising an eyebrow at the absolutely obtuse teenager, a myriad of thoughts went through Aaron's head. First, a passive aggressive comment at worst triggered this kid to berserker fury, who also didn't like getting told off after he had glared at Aaron and demanded his name/who he was back at the Tree of Life (and was walking away from the forming group initially), and then getting ignored as much as possible since Aaron didn't want to deal with that. Then an attempt at de-escalation got shoved away. Hot tempered, and a berserker. When the two cool ghosts started something, his Shuppet, now by him, also started something, as did his Magnemite. Grabbing both of them, he stopped them as Andy stopped his own. "Don't. It's not worth it." In case it wasn't clear, he was talking to his two little ones. Though it was curious that Andy's Pokemon immediately went to protecting him instead of getting ready to boot Aaron out. Though logically, it made sense...Shuppet was liable to go straight to Andy with Phantom Force. Though honestly, it would be better to be used to get away. Plus, he found it hypocritical that Andy demanded that he stayed quiet. If the roles were reversed, he doubted the other boy would do such a thing.

Hideo, bless him, had some things to say. And he really agreed with him, mostly. "I mostly agree with you, Hideo." Rocket and similar scumbags are what he would automatically label as enemies. Andy right now was an annoyance. A hot tempered and potentially dangerous one, but not someone he would label an enemy yet. He wasn't here for a fight either. He was just here for his Pokemon...only reason he stayed as long as he has was because of Hideo.

Looking at the Zarude...Aaron was a bit of a bookworm at times. After Hideo answered Andy's question, as if the guy needed affirmation, Aaron piped up again. "Makes sense. Grass types typically like to plant or chill with plants. Legendary grass types that like to plant likely has a very good idea where to plant certain seeds for the best results." Aaron turned slightly, making like he was about to walk away. Just waiting on Hideo's answer on his own question.

And he got one, making him sigh heavily. And making him go on a mini-tangent. "I really don't get people like that. Handicapped does not mean incapable or incompetent. Hell, you seemed pretty well capable back at the Tree of Life, from what little I saw. Those idiots. Sorry...if you ever need a cover story or anything and I'm in the area, I'd be more than happy to help. I'd love to know what your goal is to make them realize that, but I've overstayed my welcome." It was, at that moment, that a loud rumble from his stomach was heard throughout the camp. "And I'm starving. After you visit your friend, if you'd like to talk to me, I have a small temporary camp nearby...how would it be best to describe to you where it is?" After getting that answer from Hideo, he'd do so, and just generally mention listen to the sound of playing Pokemon and the smell of food. With that, he'd leave, his Shuppet glaring at Andy and his Pokemon and sticking her tongue out at them. Then followed him.

His Magnemite and Shuppet continued to play like nothing happened, while Honedge watched. Scizor and Trevenant kept a watchful eye around the small camp, and Gengar was entertaining himself with a ball. Aaron was, admittedly, a decent cook. He made a type of beef stew and started to eat after getting food out for everyone. Whether or not Andy would be convinced by Hideo to let him stay, he didn't know. But Aaron figured that if Andy wanted to invite him in, he can come to him and do so.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 0:30:06 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The blond's presumption would have been proven correct. Andy had seen a cell for not backing down in the face of superior authority, and had picked fights with a councilman, the commissioner's body guard, an even briefly tussled with a member of the Elite Four. Not to mention Team Rocket and two top megalopolans. Rare was it for him to retreat, and impossible when he held this much advantage.
[break][break]
''I value your opinion, Kino.'' That was all that was said on the matter, since the newer youth seemed determined to stay, for whatever reason. Unless he had shown up to steal something, Andy mostly wouldn't have cared to slum it in someone's camp without invitation. Perhaps if they had had an arcade or a move theater. And few camps were as well equipped as even his simple set up.
[break][break]
''A good spot?'' An eyebrow arched at the blind boy and his primate companion. ''Must have been - '' The word 'fate' seemed attractive with how things had been falling into place as of late, but he didn't want to publicly commit to that much superstition. ''Lucky.'' Now that sounded like he still held the reigns of his own destiny.
[break][break]
And perhaps that was his biggest superstition of all.
[break][break]
''I'm sure this thing has a superior since of smell,'' the solution was offered for the other boy's confusion given Hideo's unfortunate impediment. Of course his delivery oozed with smarm. Given his foul mood at the situation, comments on his friend's overbearing family were kept to himself. Besides, he and the blind boy had thoroughly traversed that predicament.
[break][break]
''Oh! Oh! Oh!'' A voice familiar to one of the two visitors came. A shiny rotomdex flitted through the gathered pokemon to ogle the zarude. ''A strange new pokemon!'' It hovered around uncomfortably close. ''Fascinating! Fascinating!'' The Galarian grumbled. While it was just fulfilling his purpose, Andy wasn't in the mood.
[break][break]
''Buzz off, Buzzer. Hideo can bring around his new chimp anytime for you to irritate.'' The tone lightened slightly as he looked back to youngest present. ''As I was going to saw before I was interrupted, you can plant your seeds wherever you like.'' A glance was sent skyward as he tried to shake his own gloom. ''That sounded rather suggestive...''
[break][break]
''Awwww. Blackadder, Andy pllllllleeeeeaaaassssee let me study it now!'' The hints of a smile disappeared at the whining.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 19:06:42 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could finally breathe a sigh of relief. It seemed the two were willing to listen to him and play nice, even if only for this short while. Hideo didn’t expect to have done any lasting physical damage to the other boy, but he was sure if things hadn’t de-escalated there, they wouldn’t be making up any time soon.

Guess it’s a mix of luck and Vines’s abilities,” Hideo said, retrieving the Carrot Seed packet out of his bag. “I wouldn’t have found this spot if it weren’t for his sense of smell, but it really is sheer luck this is right in Andy’s camp, isn’t it?” Unless of course Andy chose this spot to camp because he knew it was good soil. But he was told that Carrot Seeds needed very specific soil; there was no way Andy could have chosen this location solely with those in mind. “Dunno if any of my grass-types could find this spot so quickly. Or gotten here so quickly.

Hideo cracked a smile when acknowledged his skills; always nice to hear people say that. “Thanks for the offer, but uh, I don’t really need a cover story for a while. I left home to go around and do the gym circuit. Can’t deny me if I get to the Champion now can they?” Even better if he could become the Champion. “Honestly, I’d be shocked if they got close enough to finding me that I need a cover story.

Though he did have some stuff prepared if that happened. Still, good to know other kids had his back.

As he heard his Zarude dig into the soil barehanded, Andy’s Rotomdex popped up, getting a small snort out of Hideo. “I mean I’d offer to let you scan Vines, but they’re a little...testy around Pokedexes. Tried to swat my Rotomdex out of the air when it tried a scan. Now my Rotomdex won’t even get near ‘em without someone inbetween.” No damage done, thankfully. “It’s worth a shot while Vines is distracted, but they can be a fast one.

And he definitely didn’t want to end up responsible for breaking a Rotomdex. He knew just how much they cost.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 0:48:57 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Sheer luck...or was Andy really about to say something else? It was already pretty clear back at the Tree of Life that they were close. But just how deep did their friendship go? Aaron would be lying if he said he wasn't slightly envious of the relationship. Still, he nearly stumbled upon hearing Hideo's goals. "Lofty goals. But if you make it, you don't even need to win, just put up a hell of a good fight, in my opinion. Either way, my brother hopes to at least do the gym circuit, I don't know if he plans on going further. If you two meet and decide to have a friendly match...don't hesitate to crush him and let him know he has a hell of a long ways to go. Unless he really buckle down and train, he's kinda weak." Harsh, but true. Of course, that was even assuming his brother could get in for a gym battle...they all seemed pretty busy right now.

Even though the friends conversed, it seemed Andy didn't mind as much of his presence. But he was hungry. Looking around, he did spot a small cabin. Would he? Well, one way to find out. "Hey, you two hungry? I'm not awful when it comes to cooking. And I clean up after myself. I do take requests...I can usually find a decent recipe for what I don't know how to make offhand." Food usually helps settles things. Aaron's Shuppet looked like she was about to have a panic attack. He simply patted her on top of her head and giving her a smile. "Assuming you don't mind waiting an hour for me to feed my gang. Unless you don't mind me moving closer?" And hopefully Andy won't blow up or ignore his question or just tell him to shut up again.