awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 2:31:20 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

her jostling has him rolling. he fears more turbulence, not really realizing that the gyarados has been tamed, not waiting for another chance to pounce. anxieties become tangible things and he bares his teeth at them, swats with his hand, but summer's flick to his face brings him back to actual reality. 

"mmhm. sam's greekish." what he's attempting to say is, sam also names his pokemon based on ancient greek mythos, but his brain's doing that funny thing where words tumble and twist and don't really come out right. but he can't do much about that, now can he?

"cute," knox says and raises a hand, "or hot." he raises the other. "mmcan't be both. 'nly sam's both. and only swamp monsters will date you, summer."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 2:48:53 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer tuned him out when he spoke about Sam, instead seeing Casey appear in front of her. "How'd you get on the boat?" she asked, reaching out to touch his hand.

But when she did, he vanished.

"He's both. And he's nice. And sweet. He gave me berries." Summer hummed to herself. "You're an asshole. Sam's blind to see how you can be, Blue," she said, though she lacked her normal bite.

Summer sighed. "He's so tall. I could climb him like a tree."

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 14:15:59 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

sam's blind to see how you can be, blue. blind 'cause he's so dazzling. blind 'cause he doesn't know what he's looking for. but that's not right, is it? sam's seen him. really seen him. looked into all his nooks and crannies where the shadows hide and - 

no. he hasn't seen the monster. 

knox drops his hands out of the air, one of which slaps summer accidentally. he says, "oh, not a swamp monster. you're dating the fucking babadook. makes sense."

he blinks. "were we going somewhere?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 17:47:06 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
One of his hands slapped his face, and Summer swatted at him again. "I'm not dating anyone. I'm... alone." She said it forcefully, almost like she was pouting and trying to prove a point at the same time.

Because there was no way Casey would ever date her.

Not someone like her.

When she saw him again, he leaned down, grabbing her by the throat and refused to let her go. Summer felt like she couldn't breathe. Why was Casey choking her? Was he trying to end her? Did he find out that she was apart of Rocket, feel disgusted by her presence.

Suddenly she was gasping for air, her hands flailing.

She had simply held her breath for no reason during the hallucination.

"Where are we going? Do we have anywhere to be?" she pointed out, sitting up slowly.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 18:48:55 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

summer prescott is never alone. she doesn't feel loneliness. that's why she's always sneered and snickered and hated knox for needing to surround himself with people, with bodies, with whatever the fuck he can get his hands on to shove away his own empty heart. 

except, maybe that's not it. maybe he really doesn't know his sister. 

her hands flail and hit him and he sits up looking annoyed, but he recognizes a panic attack because he's seen it on sam's face before. before he can consciously tell his hands to move and his lips to form words (because that's getting really hard right now and everything feels fuzzy and he's thinking of flowers), she gets it together.

"everywhere to be," he says. he checks moro's feed, is reminded of where he'd wanted to go, and then holds the phone in front of summer's face. 

go-go dancers in floral-print bodysuits dance to electronica. a pink haze floats above the crowd and moro's head is sometimes visible in the shot, but mostly she's fucked up and thrashing and letting her audience know where she is. 

"lotus. let's dance all night. stop this wallowing shit. fuck, red, we're alive."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 23:07:57 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Knox Prescott, the ever popular boy who would always have someone to entertain him for the night. Summer never related to him like that. Whether it was her personality that drove people away or her lack of opening up, she never had someone to bring home.

Perhaps because working for their father drained her of such desires, after being hit on day in and day out.

She always assumed it was because he could never get enough attention to fuel his ego or his drug-fueled fantasies of the day.

Maybe they both didn't know each other like they thought.

A bright screen was shoved into Summer's face, and she narrowed her eyes at it. "Mm... okay."

A quick teleport brought them back to land, the yacht left out at sea. Summer puked again, though at this point it was just dry heaving since she had almost nothing in her stomach.

But they entered, surrounded by bright lights and music. Drinks. Everything.

A daze.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2021 2:38:53 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

drinks. everything. he gets drinks for summer. he tosses a shot back, but that's not really his poison. that's not what he wants. and with what's left of her money and left of his score - and there's more, but he doesn't remember that, just that he's counting bills and trying to do math in his head. moro is there and she's saying i'm glad you're not fuckin' dead, asshole, as she's handing him powder and he's thinking is summer going to kill me? 

even though the bruises on his face still linger and it's really his father who's after him. but his dad's a million and one (just 5) miles away and sam's so much closer (so much farther) and oh, shouldn't he text sam?

but he's dancing and there are bodies around him and his phone's nearly - no, it's dead. 

he tries to take a selfie with summer and realizes it's dead. and then he's in front of a mirror, in the bathroom, drawing it out, confused - when did it die? 

someone's kind enough to give him a charger - or he nicks it - and he ends up abandoning it anyway because moro's in the bathroom again asking if he wants to sample a line. 

yes, please

summer dancing and laughing and everything is right in the world. lotus dancers leave their cages and a pretty boy sidles up to knox and touches the faded colors in his hair, and says, 'we almost match,' and knox laughs and touches the bright blue color of the other boy's, watches coy lips tug up. 

and knox thinks, this is so easy, and sighs, and then remembers, but it's several minutes later when he's back in himself and the boy is kissing his neck and he's throwing up his hands, saying, "wait, wait, wait. sam." 

but sam's not here. his phone. where's his phone? 

summer. he finds her doing body shots and he's spinning, smelling colors and breathing sounds and he's trying to say, "i'm tripping my balls off, sums," but is he saying it? is she listening? can she hear him?

can anyone hear him?
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 1:09:09 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
First, there were drinks handed to her, from Knox, from strangers she didn't know, everyone gave her something to drink. It was probably a terrible idea since she was already pumped full of alcohol and drugs from earlier.

But she was so dazed that she took the shots and the drinks and poured them back.

Summer felt her tugged around by everyone, between dancing and talking to people all too loudly to teasing them with her natural prowess. Because what did she have to lose.

Everything.

A taller man caught her eye, and in her daze, she thought it was Casey. The guy she met picking berries. That had been the only time that they had met, but for some reason, in this drunken haze, she was enraptured with the idea of him.

Why did this guy remind her of him? He didn't look anything like him...

Then she was doing body shots, raising her arms triumphantly in the air as cheers echoed in her ears. "Summer! Summer!" they cheered.

"What?" Summer looked, seeing Knox grabbing her arm. "I'm so drunk." She giggled, leaning against her brother. They'd be lucky if they didn't fall over.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 1:59:31 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

the club's yelling her name. of course it is. and he joins in, momentarily, knowing that his voice will sound much the same as everyone else's. he's looking (up) at her and he's thinking how the fuck does she do it? because his world is always ending and hers is always burning beginning. she is the queen to his peasant. that's the way it's always been.

kid knox getting pushed around by his big sister 'cause she's jealous that he gets to fuck up as much as he wants, but her? 

he wipes his nose. blood trickles down it. numb. he licks his lips, wanting more. wanting to drown himself, but he can't remember how many or how much he's taken. 

he checks his phone. wait, isn't it dead? no, there's thirteen percent battery. more texts from sam. he smiles dumbly, opens a notepad, checks the list. thinks he'll hold off on finding maro for now. 

"no falling," he says and shoves his weight against her just to balance them out. "chrissur heavy." or maybe he's just too light. his ribs would agree. 

he shakes his head. "dance all night. thas what we said. into t'morrow. so ya don't gotta kill me. keep it goin' forever, y'know?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 3:43:02 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer was a giggling mess when she was pushed up by her brother, trying to stay balanced. "Knox, I'm fucked up. How are you still standing?" she shouted, trying to grab onto his arms to hold herself steady.

"You know, Dad's a fucking... annoying baby." She threw her hands up, starting to walk away from the crowd and holding onto his arm tightly as she practically began to drag him away.

Summer stumbled every time she took a step, grabbing another drink.

"He whines all the time. It's getting on my damn nerves!" she said, dropping the glass on the floor. It shattered loudly.

"Oops." The stars aligned tonight in some ways but not others it seemed.

She looked at her brother again. "I'm tired of this place. Let's go to a different one."

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 17:35:58 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he's still standing because liquor isn't his poison. because his veins are ice and they're pushing the heat out of his nose, until it's dribbling on his lips and he tastes salt and iron. he licks the blood away, swipes it with his arm. it's his body saying stop. no more. but he's too far away and he's too high up to see it. 

if they were outside, he could touch the moon.

his sister snatches a drink out of a poor bloke's hands, but they're tripping and stumbling through the crowd before he can find them. he's holding her up and he feels like atlas and she's bumbling things. the lights wash over them and then they're gone, stumbling out the side of the building and into the waiting arms of a fire escape.

no alarm triggers. figures. thing's been busted for years. this isn't the first time they've found their escape up here. 

"fuck off, summer. i'm taking us up," he says, words red and blue and mottled purple. why is he being so mean? his other hand tenses and pain blossoms and he looks down, thinking when did i pick that up? 

hauling her to the top, keeping her away from the edge of the building, he looks at her and he sees their father. he waves the shard of glass in front of her. 

"don't have to put up with him anymore, sums. fuck." he frowns. "y'know, sometimes i wish you hadn't found me." with paint and blood all over the floor and a dozen and one empty pill bottles scattered around him.

"be easier, right? then you wouldn't have to kill me. no blood on your hands." he shows his own. "jus' mine."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 19:31:30 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer had no idea how she managed to get up the fire escape without falling. There were a few times she was just hanging onto it like a baby koala, almost falling asleep until she was prodded to keep going.

When they were finally on the roof, however, she kicked off her shoes, sighing as the flat surface made her aching feet stop screaming for a moment.

"Why are you being such an asshole right now?" she whined at him, poking her tongue against her cheek. She could have looked like a chipmunk with a full cheek pouch.

When did he get glass?

Summer took a small step back from him, scared at that shard that was being waved in front of her face so dangerously. Without caution. Threatening.

Would Knox kill her instead?

She wondered. He had his life together now. Didn't he? He had . He ran away from their father. He could get rid of her and be happy without dealing with her ever again.

His words bit at her chest as he began to curse and become even more agitated. How much had Knox ingested while she wasn't looking? "What do you mean? I didn't want-"

But he was back and spitting fire again. Even though he held that shard of glass, it felt like it was being plunged deeply into her chest.

Tears welled in her red eyes as she grabbed his arms and shook him frantically.

"I didn't want you fucking dead, you idiot!" she practically screamed, her voice almost breaking from the sheer volume she shouted at him. At this point, she was crying again, her makeup all over her face again. A sniffling mess.

"I never wanted you to die, Knox. Don't you fucking get that!" She tried to grab the shard from him, wincing as it cut her hand. "I know I'm your good for nothing older sister, but I care about you and I love you! Fuck off being so selfish! Stop putting fucking words in my mouth!"

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 19:49:41 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

'cause that's what's inside me, red. and it's inside you too. because he hadn't known. he hadn't fucking known about the kids in the truck. hadn't known what they'd been moving, what his piece of shit father was making them do. yeah, they were bad people, and his father was shit, but the rose-tinted lenses hid the evil.

but did she know? he thought to himself, for a long time, that surely she must. at his side with an unshakeable sense of duty, with morals kept locked tight, surely she must. 

still, he hadn't said it. not when she was by his bedside, a machine reminding them every so often that he'd failed, that he lived - not when she asked him. why why why? why did you do it? 

he'd been so uncharacteristically quiet. 

he threatens to tell her now, all these moons later, knowing she won't remember. but his heart aches and he's angry at himself, not her, and the glass feels good in his palm. 

"selfish," he says, harking a laugh. "yeah, that's me. selfish fucking blackhole. eden knows. fucking eden knows. and sam. gonna do the same shit t'him i did with ollie." he sours. 

she goes for the glass in his hand and he lets her take it, but she's clumsy. and he's not. he grabs her wrist, slicking her side with blood, and with her shoulder pinned with his good hand, he bares his neck, forces her hand against him. 

he looks down at her, eyes blue-white as ice, says, "'s not selfish, is it? if i save you. if i save him." tears well up as he tightens his grip. i don't want to die, sam. i don't want to go.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 20:11:20 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer doesn't understand why he laughing. Why he thinks that this is all a joke when she's just poured her heart out to him, admitted that she cared and loved him, and is still pushing her to get it over with.

"How much have you had tonight?" she said out loud. It just slipped from her lips. She didn't realize that she said it until the words came out.

Why was she ruining his life more?

Suddenly, Knox has her hand to his neck and is holding her shoulder back. Unable to hold her balance, she staggered into the back of the wall. Any blunt force could cause a fatal injury.

"What are you doing? Let me go, Knox!" she begged, trying to drag the shard away from him.

Now they're both either in tears or near tears. Summer's sobbing, opening her hand and letting the glass fall on the ground. "I'm not doing it. Knox, what are you doing?" she pleaded. "You're my little brother. I love you. Stop."

Her hand stung from holding the shard tightly. She opened her eyes to look at him. "What are we doing?"

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 4:50:33 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

blood slicks down his arm. his fingers curl around hers and he's shaking. because he wants her to do it. wants it over with. wants to stop living in so much fucking fear. and not just of his piece of shit father - of himself, of the godsdamn black hole inside him. 'cause he just sucks everything in and destroys it. pulls everything good - eden and sam and ollie - and ruins them. 

this, he could do for her. he could do right by her this time. it doesn't matter how she used to ridicule him. how she make him used to question everything he did. how she made him hate himself. none of that matters because she's part of him and he's seen the good in her. 

but his head is swimming and he can't think straight and she's saying no and looking at him like he's crazy.

the glass plinks down to the ground and he steps away from her, looks at the shallow cut on his hand and curls his finger into a fist. 

"i don't know," he says. "fuck." he runs his fingers through his hair, leaves streaks of red. 

his nose drips and he plugs one nostril, blows hard to clear the other out. a glob of blood splatters against the ground and he makes a face, wipes the dribble under his nose with the back of his hand. how much have you had tonight? 

not enough, red. never fucking enough. 

"why'd you text me, red? how the hell am i supposed to fix it?"