awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 19:23:09 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he'd recognize their old stomping grounds anywhere. he gets a text from an unknown number - that just says KBIOX - and it doesn't take him long to follow her insta feed and figure out where her grief has taken her. 

this can't be good. because sam did something bad, like really, really bad and knox has had to sit and twiddle his thumbs and wait for his father to make the next move. always waiting for those lashes. 

and then there's summer, probably blitzed out of her mind and pushed too far over the edge because that's the one damn thing that knox can do to her. she hates him and she loves him and she'll never forgive him because at the end of the day, he's the one who sends her spiraling. 

this is something he has to do alone. and he tells this to sam with kisses and promises and a plea for him to stay, to trust that he'll come back. 

a part of him is scared - if his father wins the tug-of-war with summer, it will make an enemy out of her - because at the end of the day, he doesn't trust sam not to hurt her. 

he finds her in front of their graffitied wall. he'd had yellow and green on his fingertips for weeks afterward. smiling fondly at the memory, he stands over her, head cocked, eyeing the bottle of vodka at her side. 

he squats down and shows her the baggie in his hand. two pills roll around in it - one white, one gray. "angels or demons, red?" he asks, as though this is just another one of their nights out, as though whatever he said to her, did to her, isn't real. 

let them forget, for a little while longer.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 1:43:25 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
To say that the end of the insane pool party that she and Knox had thrown was the worst day of her life was an understatement. She felt like she was going through hell and back right now.

Summer was a shell of herself since that morning after, when her father had come home and beaten her brother's face and forced him away again. It was partially from the guilt, but she had never felt his wrath before. And now she was paying for the mistakes she made, as she was told repeatedly.

To say that Daddy Prescott was livid was also an understatement. If there was a worse emotion, he had it.

Of course, she was told daily now about how he was going to kill Knox, and she was not spared the details. She would stand there in his office, listening and pretending to enjoy and thrive under this information.

But he knew exactly what he was doing. It was a warning.

So, to forget about everything, everyone, she drank. Summer drank herself away nightly, often falling numb to her feelings and to the world around her. Her intoxicated mind would always drift to her brother, wondering where he was and how he was, but she wouldn't dare to reach him.

Until now. As she sat against the graffitied wall, her legs splayed out in an uncomfortable way, she decided to pull out her burner phone, unable to send a coherent message. But it was enough to get her point across, because there he was, like an angel in front of him.

Looking up from the ground, Summer stared at him stupidly, unable to answer. Her hand held onto the bottle of alcohol tightly before she let it just roll aside as she stumbled to her feet. Tears streamed down her face as the damn burst, all the feelings she held inside bursting forth as she hugged her brother. "You came," she wailed, practically hanging on to him for dear life.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 14:33:44 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

wish someone else was saying that to me right now. his nose crumples at his own humor. it's not summer's fault his 'relationship' with sam is a big fucking mess and she'd interrupted something that was supposed to help fix them up a bit. and make knox happy. and sam happy. and gods, his lips are still warm from their kissing and - 

he shakes his head. he hugs her back and lets her cry it out. knox has already spent all of his energy when it comes to this. been there, done that, marcus and dad's little henchman are dead (and it's all sam's fault). 

he'd been waiting for this, for a sign from her. for something. it hadn't taken long. 

"'course i did, red," he says and extrapolates himself from her. he opens the baggie and takes the gray pill for himself. "i'll take demons. doesn't look like you need anymore of those." he winks and tosses it back, swallows. 

he looks around her at the bottle on the ground. "you getting soft, red? you're a mess and only a quarter of the bottle's gone." he teases her because he wants to say it's okay. nothing bad has happened. nothing bad will happen. 
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 21:46:57 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer only cried harder when she feels Knox hug her back, a sniffling mess as she held onto him for dear life as tears just leaked from her eyes. She was unable to stop until she had no more tears, just making pathetic noises instead.

Some part of her brain was able to comprehend that he was there, that he was actually alive and okay. But the other one was beginning to scream at her to leave because what if someone found them?

She's brought back to reality for a moment when he spoke to her. "Mm... it's m'second bottle," she said, slumping forward a bit. "The others aren't here." That comment made her go to pick up the bottle, holding it like it was her lifeline.

Paranoia hit her again. Summer began to look around, looking like a mad woman. "Have to leave..." She makes stumbling steps, her shoulder hitting against the wall as she tried to walk.

"Gotta go now. It'll be bad... have to hide..." she mumbled, looking at the sky like something was watching her. "He can't see us together, Blue," she said.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 0:26:12 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he's not used to this. sure, they've had their moments, but for most of their lives they've been at each other's throats. it makes him a little wary, if only because she's babbling about the amount of danger he's in if anyone sees them together, and there's not a whole lot that can shake summer prescott. 

he reaches for the ball sam had given him, after the heat of the moment had died down. he thumbs it and then drops the ball at his feet. his gardevoir emerges in a flash of shimmering blue light; she tilts her head, still unsure of her place beside knox. 

needless to say, he's not well versed in 'thought speech' and her brows crease in confusion when he tries to tell her mentally to stay on guard. 

"damn it. stay on watch please. if anyone shady's watching, uh, let me know?" she dips her head, still looking a bit puzzled.

he'd have her will them away, but she's not nearly as strong as sam's gardevoir. it took her a few tries to get her this far. her teleportation, he promised, is reliable, but it's like a muscle that needs exercising - eventually she'll be able to travel more freely, and with more cargo.

an interesting development, such as it was, for the smuggler.

"i've got us covered," he says. "and i have a few tricks up my sleeve if we get into a spat. now calm down, red, and take your medicine." he waves the pill in front of her. 
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 3:07:59 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Knox tried to bring her back to reality, but she was so occupied with his safety and her own that she wasn't paying attention until he was waving the pill in her face. She leaned her head back, eyeing it suspiciously. "Why?" she asked stubbornly at first, giving a trademark Summer Prescott look of disgust.

Except add in the drunk factor.

Her first thoughts were what if he was trying to kill her too? But then she remembered that it was her brother standing in front of her, not her father. He wouldn't hurt her.

Right?

So she grabbed the pill from him and shoved it down her mouth, swallowing it with her alcohol. Summer cringed, sighing after it finally disappeared. "I wann- leave," she said, poking his chest with her finger.

"Less go." She started down the alley, grabbing his arm to lead him away.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 3:24:26 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

"fucking christ, you really did polish a bottle, didn't you?" he holds his hands out to steady her. and when she pokes him in the chest, he winces. sam's gardevoir might be incredible, but she doesn't work miracles. he's still a bit battered and bruised and being tossed around and prodded isn't exactly peachy. 

he waits patiently for her to snap the treat from his hand. and when she does, he grins, and he watches her wheel away from him. 

"hypatia?" and then suddenly she's there. knox nearly jumps out of his skin. "jsjdf don't do that. holy fuck." 

she apologizes with a thought, but the exasperation is written all over her face. when she shrugs her shoulders, knox takes that as a 'you're good. no one's coming to kill you.' still, he asks her to drift behind them and make herself useful as a watchman. 

"mm, y'know, exotico's right around the corner here. be cool to chill in the middle of a fuckin rave when the acid hits." acid-laced molly, that is. or, at least that's what he thinks the pills were. they looked familiar to ones he's taken before anyway. 

"glowsticks and glitter galore. you gonna tell me why you texted me, red?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 3:40:23 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
"This'my second one," Summer repeated herself, waving the bottle up in the air for a second before tucking it back into her arm. "Want some?" Because why not get even more fucked up, right? Sounded like a great time.

Knox mentioned Exotico. The words "rave," "glowsticks," and "glitter" caught her attention in particular.

Because Summer Prescott was the queen of glitter.

"Less go!" She made a beeline out of the alley, her feet stomping instead of allowing her to walk normally. She walked with determination for the first time in who knew how long.

Summer shot him a look. "See you, stupid. You never texted me," she replied, acting bitter by it. Of course, she was slipping into a state where she couldn't remember that he really wasn't allowed to text her since she was being tracked, as was he.

"I had to talk to Sam. To know you're safe."

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 3:48:07 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

why is it everyone's calling me stupid lately? between her and eden, he's starting to think he really has lost some brain cells. but no, he hasn't. they're just drifting because he's drifting, and his skin is like water, rolling and cold and oh, shit, he forgot about what he'd taken before his very much interrupted romp in the hay with sam. 

his brain goes on the fritz and colors start bleeding in all the wrong ways. he's dazed, for a moment, but then he reins it in, struggling (yet still succeeding) to parse what's real and what's not. 

it's easier in lonely alleys like this, out in the street, in some semblance of a world.

it's another thing entirely, though, when he takes summer by the arm and drags her into the club in question. as lights wash over them, as neon body-painted dancers greet them, her words click in his head and he blinks. 

"you talked to sam? when?

but she's gone. or maybe he's gone. is that her at the bar? or is that her dancing beside him? he spins, says to her, maybe, "'course i'm safe. got my own fucking crazy guard dog now. WHOOF!" and then he howls. others join in.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 3:56:20 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Wait, when did Knox start leading her? That wasn't fair. She heard a shatter, and her poor bottle of alcohol was spilled and broken on the concrete. "No!" she cried out. But it didn't matter for long, since they were heading into the club and everything felt like it was blurring together.

She wandered over somewhere because she just saw bright colors. There were people dancing.

So she did too. Sloppily. She nearly fell a few times, and she definitely ran into several people. But they didn't seem to mind-

She heard a howl. Was there an animal here?

Pushing through the bodies, getting some paint on her along the way, she spotted Knox again. "Did you hear that? The howl? There's a wolf here!" Summer said, looking around. "What if it'sa Ly... Lyca... whatever the fuck that thing is?" She didn't realize it had been him.

Nor did she answer his question about Sam.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 4:03:17 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

there's a fucking wolf here? he's looking up at cages, but all he sees are go-go dancers. and then he's looking at everyone else around him and he's seeing their dagger teeth, their claws for hands, and he's thinking they are the wolves. we are the wolves.

i'm a sheep in wolf's clothing.

he laughs at his own wit and loops an arm around summer's shoulder. "you're the wolf," he says with a growl. 

"do you feel it yet, red? do you feel it brimming? tripping? fuck, this is some good shit."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 4:17:32 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer blinked at him. Then she looked at her butt. Did she have a tail. She grabbed behind her. Then she reached to touch her head. "Oh my god. Do I have a tail? Is it wagging?" she asked, patting the top of her head like there were actually ears there.

"You sound like one."

She looked at the bright paint that managed to get on her clothes. "I'm bleeding neon. Look, Blue, look at this," she said, using a finger to play with the paint that got on her skin.

"What? What are you saying?" Summer couldn't focus on what her brother said. "What do I feel? Your arm is heavy."

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 4:24:29 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

"maybe," he says with a laugh. he snatches at her supposed tail, tries to pet her ears, but comes up empty. "mmm-no. just human. how boring." 

summer bows under his weight (all one hundred something pounds of nothing that he is) and knox lurches as the room skitters. gravity says, time to fall, bitch, but momentum says, i gotchu. and then they're back up and swinging and in the middle of the dance. 

he releases her because he's afraid he'll get smacked, or she'll take him under, but he also finds he doesn't want to let her go. 

because they were here for a reason, right? because something's wrong. 

but it doesn't have to be. we could make it right. 

"let's fuckin' - let's fuckin' do shit, you know? like fuck parties. we partied already. let's rob a bank. or steal some shit. or end capitalism. yeah? yeah?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 4:34:47 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Her world felt like it was going to shatter when Knox revealed that she was, in fact, just a human. Just a plain, boring, nothing human. Summer looked so disappointed and sad, her hands resting on her head as she stared at the ground for a moment.

"Being a human sucks balls."

And then, he's falling, she's falling with him. She somehow doesn't hit the ground, whether a passerby helped her stay upright or not. But she definitely wobbled on her feet as she moved around to the music.

"I don't need to shit," she pointed out before he could finish. "Oh, that stuff?"

Summer teetered a bit, holding onto a table. "Let's go to the docks. Let's get a yacht." That had a lot of stuff on it, right? "Come on, let's go, let's go."

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
graffiti [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 4:42:08 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

being a human sucks balls. 

he'd thought so once, too. that it sucked so bad he'd be better off a ghost. sheet on his head and levitation and spooky powers, haunting all those who've done him wrong. it's a nice way to look at it, and it's the fantasy he opts to see, even when that leaden taste floods his mouth and he feels his insides squirm. 

he blinks and yells over the music. "you need to shit?" 

the bathroom's on the second floor. he knows this because he fucked someone there once (twice?), but it seems the information is unnecessary because summer's already dragging them out of the bar. 

"we're in," he wheezes with a laugh, "mauville. there aren't any fuckin' yachts in mauville."

he trips, stumbles. "pull a con. call a taxi? sam's - my gardevoir can't teleport us. aw, sam gave me a gardevoir. and some other pretties. he likes me, summer." 

that reminds him. he sends a few texts and then pockets his phone. "jus' take out one of dad's psychics and have 'im teleport. blip. still not used to it. you might throw up."