thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 17:30:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]this time, he doesn't just walk in, having learned his lesson as evident by the scars on his leg. instead, he waits by the entrance of the lighthouse, peering all around him for a moment to take in his surroundings.

eventually, his flip phone is withdrawn, and he slowly dials a number.

ring, ring.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 17:58:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What guarded the old lighthouse?

A camera turned on him, but it had no witness. The door did open, though, revealing not the scientist on the other side, but  the very icon of terror itself.

Darkrai hovered there, close enough to touch, and without words—only a pale, frigid stare of judgment. Wind whispered through the groaning cracks towards the tower's threshold; the ghostly song of their crumbling sanctuary.

Lulu turned a wrench underground, entirely unaware.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 18:05:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]slowly, the flip phone lowers, and after a press of a button, finds his pocket once again.

"hello."

what else is there to say to terror? to nightmares?

his other hand raises a brown bag in a gesture.

"can i come in?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 2:48:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Still, silence. The incomprehensible breath of the cold, dank air moving towards him. The door shut abruptly.

It was minutes later before it opened again, with Lulu there this time, blinking as though the sun had startled her. A Zubat screeched and rushed out over her head. She didn’t seem at all fazed.

Was he still there?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 2:55:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he's still there.

with all the patience in the world, or at least all the patience he could muster after being shown the door by terror, he greets her with a nod before dodging the screeching zubat.

"lulu."

once again, he raises the brown bag.

"food's getting cold."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 3:07:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Theo?”

As soon as she’d gotten the glare out of her eyes, it settled back in. She hardly saw the bag. It was of no importance.

“What the fuck?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 3:10:34 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]her confusion is lost on him. he simply stares back, unaware of her disposition. briefly, his gaze wanders past her in search for something else.

he finds nothing.

"what?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 3:56:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her eyes veered off to the ocean behind him before returning. She was in awe, really. Was this somehow in her file now, or something?

“What do you mean ‘what?’ How’d you find me?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 4:01:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it isn't in her file, no, and he'll make sure it stays that way.

"you weren't hard to find."

vague, as they often were.

"busy?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 4:26:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She blinked, attempting to connect what little dots she could come up with for as to how he could’ve possibly been directed to her doorstep. By whom?

Her head shook, and she hissed a sound before backing away to reluctantly usher him in.

“Yes.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 4:36:10 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"with what?"

the sound she makes is met with one of his own: a chuckle of sorts, broken and quiet.

he steps in, accepting her reluctant invitation.

"i won't be long."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 5:15:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Work.”

She shut the door, and there was little light there at the bottom of the stairs, except for that which came up through the hole in the floor at the other side.

Instead of heading for it, Lulu only stood there in the dark.

“What’s that?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 11:56:27 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it wasn't the friendliest of welcomes, nor setting, but it didn't bother him all too much. if anything, he found an odd comfort in the darkness of the space around them.

at her question, his gaze fell to the brown bag, then back to her.

"real food."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 17:47:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
There was no table, at least not up here, nor any other furniture—just a few machines, dark and dead looking, and pushed into walls inconspicuously. Lulu typically ate on the submarine.

Her eyes also fell briefly. He’d tracked her down on her own secret island, just to bring her a bag of food?

“You’re a weirdo.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 17:55:14 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"?"

was she making an observation? an assumption? it had not been the first time he had been called a 'weirdo' but this one felt different. strange, perhaps even uncalled for. either way, his face betrayed little.

"am i?"

[attr="class","noodles"]