4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
underground
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 2:08:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the events of sootopolis had been largely pushed to the back of her mind as she’d finished up on one of her own projects, but now that the antenna was complete, during the hours that she was not putting her work into ’s perpetual motion machine, lulu would spend some time in the field.

finally, perhaps she’d be able to provide the upper brass of rocket like and with answers to their questions—and to her own.

seeing a decent opportunity for eris and mint to get their fill of science without being hazards in the lab, she’d reached out. now, she waited for them at a specified location near where the ground had shifted during the takeover. there, she struggled at stabilizing the tripod of a gravity meter.

“well, this is a bit of a bitch…”

a poipole floated over her shoulder, watching curiously.
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
underground
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 21:57:30 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Dr. Flint!” Mint greeted polite, but energetic as ever. He jogged over to the woman, Bucatini trailing behind a few feet. “Sorry to keep you waiting, I made sure to pack something to eat.” He said, as he readjusted his backpack straps. He wasn’t exactly sure how this kind of thing worked. Science, and anything STEM really, had never bee his forte. His entire life he had been groomed into the perfect painter. He didn’t know much of anything else. But that wasn’t to say he hated the thought of learning about it. So, when head of Rocket R&D invited him and Eris to join her on a small excursion, he was quick to say yes.
[break][break]

His eyes are immediately draw to the bobble headed alien and he frowned at it. Not another one. He hoped this one would be better behaved than ’s had been. “Hello, uh, little guy?” he said, giving the alien pokemon a small wave. Bucatini huffed, acknowledging the levitating pokemon as well as they waited for Eris.

[break][break]

+ + [break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
underground
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 18:34:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She ignores the swear the same way that a child ignores pushing their siblings down the stairs - with a smile and a grabby motion at something else that catches her attention. The Poipole is certainly something that fits in that category, its alien-like appearance making her stop and observe in curiosity, her hand sketching the tiny creature into her notebook.
[break][break]
"That patch of soil is kinda loose, unlike here." She hops a little on the ground she stands as if proving a point. Of course, she doesn't miss Lulu's struggle in the slightest, her brewing questions temporarily stored away as she offers a hand in setting up. On the other hand, Reiner's busy pacing around, brushing up against Mint in greeting and simultaneously sniffing at his backpack for anything out of the ordinary.
[break][break]
"What's the gravimeter for, Miss Lulu? Is it something to do with uhm... that pokemon that turned the city upsidedown? I'm guessing... Palkia, maybe?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] ||

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
underground
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 18:46:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

dr. flint.

before, it had been a joke to her. now, it simply rolled off without any tickle or response—and still, never any correction.

“that’s fine, mint. still…” she grunted lightly, shifting metal. “… trying to get this tripod figured out.” of all the things to set them behind. thankfully, the stand was soon perfectly settled and flat, and she began calibration.

poipole hovered closer to mint before waving back. it looked too innocent, until its smile turned up at one corner at the aggron’s huff. the alien levitated down a little lower before turning around the group of pokémon gathered, assessing them with the same curiosity it had shown the machine.

lulu looked over at eris’ bouncing briefly, wondering if it might’ve been closer to the point at which the levels had split that strange day. her question caught the older scientist by surprise. the possibility of palkia’s influence hadn’t occurred to her, even with its mention in the unown report. she thought of dialga, and the odd experience she’d had months prior…

if dialga was out there, then presumably, so was palkia.

“just to take some measurements, really... but maybe. that’s an interesting theory, eris.” her brow furrowed as she finished the last steps of set-up. “what makes you think it was a pokémon?”

and then, when she finished the last step of set-up: “who wants to go first?”

a walkthrough of buttons and reading would commence.
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
underground
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 0:41:01 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“No rush, Doc! We just got here after all~” he said grinning at the purple alien before looking back at his team. They looked irritated but…they kind of always looked irritated. Part of their charms he supposed. Then again, there was a reason Cacio and Bucatini tended to sit on his work team than his out and about team. He listened carefully to Eris’ remembering the strange incidents she’d described to him before glancing back at Lulu as she struggled with the tripod. He looked back, smiling at Reiner and carefully patting the top of his head. “That’s for later buddy.” He said as Cacio and Bucatini moved closer to the smaller Luxray. Less in an assertion of dominance like the first time they’d met and more so in an acknowledgement this time. [break][break]

Finally, it seemed Lulu had finished, and he raised his hand excitedly. “If Eris doesn’t wanna I’ll go! I just…need to know what I’m doing first.” He said with a twinge of nervousness. He didn’t want to break the woman’s fancy equipment after all.

[break][break]

+ + sorry for the wait [break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
underground
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 14:57:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Have you heard of the Original Story before, Miss Lulu?" The woman's question is met with a question of her own, a pause given for her to speak her thoughts on the matter. "From itself, two beings the Original One did make. Time started to spin. Space started to expand."
[break][break]
Tethering on her feet, Eris watches as Mint turns Reiner away, only to earn himself a snort of contempt.
[break][break]
"As far as I know, Megalopolans opened like... weird space tunnels but they never really turned Slateport upside down. On the other hand, even if it were the work of an Avatar, they would have to be backed by the corresponding pokemon." Her fingers flip through her journal pulled from her pouch, her eyes tracing the notes written down. "It's like how Gavin wouldn't have the weird smoke around him... and I don't know what Darkrai gifted you, but it's not something a normal human could do, right? If you think about it, Palkia is the only one who fits such a description..."
[break][break]
She has to rein her thoughts back in for a moment, gazing over the set-up and trying to take a guess at its function.
[break][break]
"Of course, there's always a possibility that it might be related to the Unown? Momma's always told me that when gathered in groups of two or more, the world becomes strange... but she never explained it. To manipulate the entire city of Sootopolis, I'd guess that there'd need to be a whole bunch of Unown present but no one reported any sightings."
[break][break]
And that's as far as her theories may go, her attention pulled towards her Luxray as he brushes against her. "You can go first if you'd like, Mint! I wanna see what happens! But if you're too chicken..." Smugness practically oozes off this gremlin, a fiery glint in her eyes challenging his pride. "Don't worry, I can do it~!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
underground
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 11:15:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

eris started talking, and lulu listened, without interruption. her feelings towards eris were in a similar vein to how she felt about . for one reason or another unfathomable to herself, something softened a little.

the kid was undeniably impressive. it was almost a pity that she would be dead in a year via meteor impact.

she decided to divulge. “darkrai gifted me the ability to never sleep.” this was somewhat sarcastic, as it felt more like a curse as time went on. “i can also give people bad nightmares.” even more so. “that’s hardly turning the world upside down.” but it might help.

shrugging, she considered eris' theory without realizing how spot-on it was, mostly entertaining it simply because she liked her. “but perhaps you’re right, eris. palkia is supposedly a very powerful pokémon.”

once calibration was complete, she looked up to mint as well, gesturing for them both to come closer so that she could point things out. “okay. come here, now.”

“this button, and then this…” blah blah, something something, big words and functions, mad’s brain is literally as smooth as a bowling ball, “and it’ll show on this screen here. got it?”

when the pokemon shifted agitatedly, the poipole opted to hover closer to eris, seeming entranced by her.

lulu stepped back, putting hands on her hips as she watched them carefully, ready to jump in upon error.

“have either of you heard about the unown report?”
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
underground
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 1:27:37 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He listened along as well before turning to Lulu curiously. He hadn’t really interacted with avatars or those closely associated with pokemon he’d only know as legend and famous art. He’d never liked Darkrai all that much, but that was merely based around its lore. Better to stay away than to risk nightmares for life after all. Or worse. Even if it was hyperbolic, legends often had kernels of truth attached to them somewhere, somehow. No doubt the more modern-day humans interacted with forces of nature beyond their comprehension, they’d unearth more kernels of truth from the ancient beasts. [break][break]

He took pause, Lulu’s words unearthing something from his memory. “There’s these…these sets of paintings back in Sinnoh, in one of the big museums. They detail a strange landscape and an almost upside-down world. It’s the artist’s rendition of the Distortion World, but rumor has it that she had actually visited the pace herself or been sent dreams of it by the keeper of that world.” He offered. “Sootopolis looks weird, maybe it matches that as well. I haven’t seen the painting in a looong time myself though.” He added with a small laugh. “Sorry, just trying to help…” He did what he could, but let’s be real, he was just the manual labor here. Lulu and Eris were the brains of this operation. He was just kind of dumb. Always had been. [break][break]

Mint moved in eagerly looking over the doctor’s work before glancing back at Eris and making a face at her. Before he could press his button, Eris found it better to press his. “Hey! Who ran off scared off Mt. Chimney after we found those weird ball things?!” he snapped back indignantly before shoving his finger on the button and activating the graviwhatever. Lulu distracted him from going over and giving Eris a nuggie. “Uhh, no, not really. What’s that?” he asked tilting his head.

[break][break]

+ + sorry for the wait [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
underground
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 2:03:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Insomnia and nightmares... it's somewhat fitting of a gift from Darkrai itself, though Eris does have to admit she's a little uncertain if Lulu would truly see such a thing as a gift rather than a curse. Putting such thoughts aside though, she listens to the explanation of the device and thinks about it rather hard, letting Mint take the first go and only interrupting him if he forgets a step.
[break][break]
"After this, let's go looking for a photo of that painting!" She grins, careful to avoid jabbing Mint in his sides even if only out of affection. "It sounds a whole lot like what momma would describe as a weird world! Maybe it's related in its own way, you know? Also the ball thing was some sort of primal energy detector! I just haven't figured it out yet... I'll crack it soon enough though!"
[break][break]
It is interest rather than pity that prompts her to make such a suggestion. After all, the world of pokemon is far broader and unexplored than humans like to think. While the unknown scares many, it pulls her in like honey trap, ensnaring her as she pours her time and attention into it.
[break][break]
"The Unown report? I have a copy. I was gonna experiment on it too with my new Porygon... oh right, Miss Lulu! I managed to make a Porygon! And uhm... I thought well... the data on the report has to be centralised somewhere... and I was gonna try to... get my Porygon to trace it back..." Fidgeting just a little, Eris quickly averts her gaze, pulling out a handheld console as the screen flickers to life. "There's a lot of words on it that I don't get, like uhm... Gegenschein... I know that magnetar means something like quantum stars? Radiation can refer to the after effects of a star exploding... Nutation is something like... the rotation of an object? And bolide is like a meteor, or something big enough to crash and cause a crater."
[break][break]
She scrolls a little more down the list as she sinks further into thought.
[break][break]
"Xenic means something that doesn't belong? Ylem is like the origins of the world... I don't really get a lot of the other words like branes and Pokerus? But there's also simple words like collision... So that got me thinking, Miss Lulu! With the appearance of a dimensional distortion, what if we're dealing with things not from our world? Like this tree maybe! It appeared after the world got distorted, right? What if it isn't something that belongs to us? Also, with all the space terms here... is there a meteorite we're supposed to be looking for? One that might crash into us or like... end us all kinda deal?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
underground
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 23:09:13 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]

Lulu Flint had been a person of extreme interest since disseminating his ghost pokemon throughout Sootopolis. Whatever the woman was doing, it always seemed important, almost as if every word, every task, contained a revelation that the trainer behind the curtain just couldn't do without. And so, she received special attention.
[break][break]
Unlike other potential Rockets or unfortunate denizens of the town Dr. Flint got multiple visits, and after Bullet the dreepy's fumbling, only the best of the brood at that. Spectre the dragapult peered from the shadows, invisible, his mind more dedicated to the task the previous living projectile. Besides the instructions were the easy.
[break][break]
Dragapult. Of course something occured to him as the trio met and conversed. Dragapult? Dragapult... Andy had said the doctor was the most important no matter what, so should they split up or part for any reason he would stick with her. Spectre had the fear that he would get confused. Humans looked so similar, but with one being a hatchling and the other...garish, it should be simple.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

--

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

[attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/0txSU3Z.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
underground
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 0:06:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her attention was effectively held.

a painting in sinnoh. lulu thought of . she guessed the princess would likely be familiar with it if it held any kind of fame—but unfortunately, it had been some months since they’d spoken.

she paid little mind then as they shoved for a turn, instead turning to take a cigarette from her pocket, lighting it.

while mint’s question was answered extensively, she puffed a cloud or two, and regarded eris with a careful stare.

”yet another interesting theory, eris.” she was perceptive, wasn’t she? “but not to worry. we are looking into several things mentioned and implied in the report.” a small smile pressed across her lips, quickly drooping again to her natural, flat expression. ”I don’t believe the tree is of this world, and i look forward to figuring out where it is that it came from. it’s why we’re out here, today.”

she paused, and took another drag off her smoke.

”the gegenschein is a light the shines opposite of the sun on the ecliptic. it’s believed to be its reflection.”

then, one more thing.

”as for that painting you both mentioned, i’d love to see it.”
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
underground
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2021 3:15:03 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint let out a laugh and swatted lightly at Eris. “Sure, I don’t mind. It’s good to refresh my memory on art history every once in a while.” He said nodding along to the little blonde. “Primal Energy Detectors, huh?” he echoed having more or less forgotten about it once he’d brought it in with his gadgets to Lulu to modify. “Nut.” Mint interrupted at the child said ‘nutation’. Otherwise, he had no clue what she was going on about. Yet. “Oh, you made this thing? Eris??” he asked squatting down for a moment to get a better look at the device. Then she moved onto talking about a meteor. “Wait- WHAT?” [break][break]

As the meanings of words floated out of the conversation, the wheels in Mint’s head started to turn a little. The more they picked at it the more it sounded like a conspiracy theory. “Creepy, very creepy.” He noted rubbing his arm a little at the thought. He hadn’t even given other worlds or parallel universes much thought but…well…that would have bene Palkia’s domain, wouldn’t it? And with all the mess in Sootopolis, he imagined parallel universes weren’t that far off right now. Maybe in another universe people could use pokemon moves. Like Fire Fang. OR fire Blast. [break][break]

“Ah, of course! I can pull it up on my phone later when I get better signal.” He said with a small nod.

[break][break]

+ + advent day 8: fire move [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
underground
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 7:24:50 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Mint's fascination in her own gadget is one that brings a smile to her face.
[break][break]
"Yeah, it's not as fancy as the ones pa used to make though."
[break][break]
Nowhere close, even though she was taught by him. There are parts of her that itch when she thinks about it, her fingers gripping a little tighter onto the console as she tries to focus on other parts of the conversation - Like how Lulu subtly avoids answering the question... Perhaps, a meteor really was heading towards them? Something that came from the skies... the sky turning dark...
[break][break]
The Darkest Day continues to linger on her mind.
[break][break]
"Anyways, whaddya see on it?" With a shrug of her shoulders, she's back to her usual self, tiptoeing to sneak a peek at the device. "Do you think we'd find life signs? Like... static brain waves? Stuff like that could prove those old legends about Xerneas! That when it hibernates, it transforms into a giant tree like this!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
underground
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 3:29:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she did a doubletake at the device, having been absorbed in other thoughts and not noticed it was different than others. things then processed. eris had built a porygon. lulu was in awe, though it didn’t show much on her face as she took a longer drag from her cigarette.

eris was smarter than most of her team, wasn’t she? an anomaly of a child.

”don’t sell yourself short, eris,” she told her.

as she checked the readings, she added. ”i’d like the see the porygon some time. soon, preferably.”

they’d be moving onto the next place, having found nothing of interest in the general vicinity.

”i doubt it, but it could give us a better idea of how far the tree’s root system has spread. primarily, we’re looking for clues about what happened to the city here during the takeover, in regards to its flipping around and whatnot.”

but, the tree was certainly of interest as well. perhaps if they found nothing strange in the electromagnetic field, they could move on to investigating it.
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
underground
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 3:34:08 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Your dad used to make these little things?” Mint ask, amazed by the revelation. He doubted anyone in his family could make something like this. Their strengths lay elsewhere. The arts, for instance. He turned his attention back to Lulu as she spoke up as well. “The tree shows up miraculously after Sootopolis, so we’d assume the roots aren’t that far spread out, if at all, right?” he asked looking around at the bits of root sticking out of the earth. [break][break]

“The city flipped, but do you think maybe, parts of it disappeared? Just like how this tree appeared out of nowhere?” Mint asked, trying to follow along. His pokemon were busy sniffing at the dirt finding something intrinsically weird about the place. “Do you have uh…soil sample yet, Lulu?” he asked absently unsure of what else he could do for the woman. He wasn’t the smartest grunt around. [break][break]

“Ah, of course! I can pull it up on my phone later when I get better signal.” He said with a small nod.

[break][break]

+ + advent day 8: fire move [break][break]

[break]